What's new

OTIII: When the Pilot appears, WHO is mocking it up?

Div6

Crusader
I was told the following:

when the pilot says whatever he says about "mocking it up" that is an implant and that is why you compulsively mock up the bank.

It has been a long time and it is all so silly now

Interestingly (perhaps) at the time, Elton John's "Take me to the Pilot" was on a list of "do not listen to", as overly restimulative. "2001: A Space Oddyssy" also made that list.

RogerB

Crusader
It's interesting that being able to perform the various assigned rituals of a particular level of the Grade Chart, with expected meter responses, overrides in importance the actual advertised attainment. Clear was described in 1950, and sixty years later that described state of Clear has not been attained. OT was described around 1952, and almost sixty years later, that described state of OT has not been attained.

People who do these levels are amazingly like people who never heard of them, except that they can perform certain rituals which include having their e-meters respond in a certain manner. That, by itself, is a source of great satisfaction and renewed certainty, with the original envisioned abilities of Clear and OT only a distant dream, but somehow it doesn't matter anymore, as one is now a Scientologist. As icing on the cake, one can call oneself a "Clear" and an "OT," even though, as originally described, one is no such thing, yet it doesn't matter. One has successfully performed the assigned rituals and that's enough.

There is truth in this above Veda, but also some omissions.

The OT levels do not produce the OT states promised in Hubbard's PR . . . that is a fact. The OT levels do produce some change in the individuals doing them, however. Though this change is not always nor necessarily beneficial.

What is omitted in your's above is the fact that various "OT abilities" did and have turned on in individuals doing the "old stuff" of Scn. It did for me in the late 1950's early '60's.

The thing though is that Hubbard's tech is so incomplete and incompetently written up and put together, these fleeting appearances or "turn-ons" of "OT abilities" were never properly addressed or handled such that the ability/power was put under the person's stable knowing control.

Hubbard was irresponsible and deceitful in the way he made his PR promises of "states that will be attained" . . . . he'd have been more honest and competent to have simply stated the observation of fleeting turn-on of powers/abilities and the need of more research to develop procedures to stabilize them.

That he did not do this but instead falsely PR'ed what he was selling, we now know was based on his hidden agenda.

Gottabrain, you wrote in part:

After completion, I secretly realized that Scn was not for me at all and I felt fully myself again and should leave the SO ASAP, that it was not what I wanted. I had never wanted it, actually. And the fact I had mocked up the whole thing - Sea Org, etc. - made more sense to me than I could begin to explain. The constant shifting of attention, the constant emergencies, the other-determinism of everybody else's needs but my own had some sort of parallels with OT3 and at the end of it, the cult was blown away. I would never be the same again.

Nice! Your whole write-up of what you got from the action is nice.

The key to "cults and cultures" is the mutually created matrix or holographic image of the game of it. And it is a matrix that determines not only what we should be and not be, but have/not have, do/not do, believe/not believe, etc.

The trap in the cult/cultures phenomena is that one has unwittingly placed oneself at effect of and subject to the agreements involved.

You nicely undid that :biggrin:

Mimsey,

There is a thread that deals at length with spiritual team-mates-cum-spiritual connections and how one can restore a harmonious and beneficial relationship between self and them as Challenge describes.

It was up on ESMB before you registered to post, so you may have missed it. Challenge and I exchanged notes on the subject then . . .

Here's the thread. It's actually a discussion that began on New OT 7 . . . Challenge and I got at it starting on page 3:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?16109-How-Dangerous-is-New-OTVII-(Solo-NOTs)

Rog

Selecting: Thinking of Demon's and Demon's appear .Angels and Angels appear. I'm just curious how that works?
Jachs - I think it is like Challenge said here:
I look at the NOTs phenom as like is said in the materials " they can think they are anything, or any one. "
If you have the idea you are lugging around a lot of scum sucking DB BT's that don't follow directions you will find you are auditing scum sucking DB BT's that don't follow directions and your solo auditing will suck with all sorts of corrections, handlings. But if you view them as helpful beings you are assisting, it could go along easily.

Just look at what she has written, and the LRH quote, and how she perceives them and how they are to her. They are a bunch of friends. What a happy thing.

It is not like this should be a mystery - if you treat people like shit in your life, many will treat you in the same fashion. But if you genuinely like people you will find them being friendly toward you. Same people, different attitude. Hubbards point was simply: BT's are beings like you or me, but they have been asleep for eons. That is why that silly black PR the press yaps about that your body is covered with Aliens (scary noises follow) is just plain wrong and rankles every time you read it. Maybe their body is covered with nasty Aliens, but not mine.

BTW - if you look at BT's as an infestation you are going to have problems running the level, if you look at it as a situation that, while unfortunate, has to be handled to set everybody free, you will do a lot better.

Mimsey

Last edited:
Mimsey, I never realized Hubbard said this on the clearing course as well as on OT3 I never did the original clearing course. Great observation. Thank you.
The checksheet may have changed from when I was on the CC, but there was a one page HCOB that gave the EP of the CC. I always thought it was strange you would tell someone what you are going towards, and then knowing that, let them solo audit on it. However, knowing what I was after I went in an did the CC. How it all got messed up, is a different story for a different day. But had I followed that HCOB to the letter, I wouldn't have bought an eval and wrongly attested just prior to achieving the real ep.

That same HCOB is on the 3 course. When you do 7, you have access to all the earlier OT level materials and in some cases, with supervisor permission, the audited nots pack. (So you lurkers know what to expect when you walk past the double doors into the confidential 7 course room.)

Mimsey

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

that various "OT abilities" did and have turned on in individuals doing the "old stuff" of Scn. It did for me in the late 1950's early '60's.

-snip-

This thread is about OT3 or, more broadly, about Hubbard's "implantology" levels. I wasn't commenting about any of the re-cycled Rosicrucianism or re-cycled Crowley. :)

IMO, people have natural psychical sensitivities and abilities, which can sometimes be developed further, but Hubbard's implantology tech has proven not to be a means to that development, and certainly not to the point which could be honestly called "Operating Thetan," although it has produced a class of e-meter ritualists, who have been trained to look to Hubbard (and his written and recorded spoken words) as the authoritative source of the content of their minds and space, which is a total reversal of what auditing was presented as being when the person first made contact with Scientology.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
This thread is about OT3 or, more broadly, about Hubbard's "implantology" levels. I wasn't commenting about any of the re-cycled Rosicrucianism or re-cycled Crowley. :)

IMO, people have natural psychical sensitivities and abilities, which can sometimes be developed further, but Hubbard's implantology tech has proven not to be a means to that development, and certainly not to the point which could be honestly called "Operating Thetan," although it has produced a class of e-meter ritualists, who have been trained to look to Hubbard (and his written and recorded spoken words) as the authoritative source of the content of their minds and space, which is a total reversal of what auditing was presented as being when the person first made contact with Scientology.

E-meter ritualist is a very good descriptive. I think that term, being so perilously raw and truthful, would be somewhat unconfrontable to a Scn or Indie Scn.

In a similar vein, a practicing Scientologist would easily laugh and dismiss a practictioner of religious glossolalia as being programmed or "implanted" into "dramatizing" that self-posultated effect on cue. They would not see the virtually identical Scientology version in their own session-ending ritual of spontaneous epiphanies ("cogs") and line charging.

[video=youtube;WPJMUdBas-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPJMUdBas-4[/video]​

As far as the cognitions at session end, I have observed that life is embedded with a continuous and never-ending stream of "cognitions" outside of Scientology, if one is reading, observing or learning about the world. Scientologists take this naturally occurring phenomenon (new realizations) and try to attribute it to the "tech"--but virtually ANY activity that focuses the mind (i.e. simply reading the internet or a newspaper) for a brief duration is quite capable of producing new and original thoughts that are accompanied by pleasurable feelings.

By way of example, I have the same frequency and enjoyment of "cognitions" being on ESMB as I did when I was getting auditing. Now, according to the technology of L. Ron Hubbard that would be impossible since ESMB is a suppressive group.

How would a Scientologist explain the wins of apostates and SPs? LOL

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
As far as the cognitions at session end, I have observed that life is embedded with a continuous and never-ending stream of "cognitions" outside of Scientology, if one is reading, observing or learning about the world. Scientologists take this naturally occurring phenomenon (new realizations) and try to attribute it to the "tech"--but virtually ANY activity that focuses the mind (i.e. simply reading the internet or a newspaper) for a brief duration is quite capable of producing new and original thoughts that are accompanied by pleasurable feelings.

By way of example, I have the same frequency and enjoyment of "cognitions" being on ESMB as I did when I was getting auditing. Now, according to the technology of L. Ron Hubbard that would be impossible since ESMB is a suppressive group.

How would a Scientologist explain the wins of apostates and SPs? LOL

Yeah, I've noticed that also, in myself and in others who are NOT and NEVER WERE scientologists.

"Cognitions" (ephiphanies, realizations, shifts of viewpoint) happen often in life, and are often life-changing. Catharsis has been recognized in western culture as a specific phenomenon since classical Greek times and likely before.

In scientology all this is "ritualized," and made into a VBD (Very Big Deal):

end the session
go to examiner
stand up in front of others and give the "win" and be applauded
write a "success story" to lock that moment into history forever
attest to achieving some "new" and important state of being
testify that you'd like others to experience the same "gain"
get an "interview" from the DofP
moment is noted in a fat folder for the C/S to review
receive a framed certificate written in fancy script and signed by Powers That Be...

thus the moment is enhanced far beyond the normal, non-scio human experience, its specialness imprinted on the subject's consciousness, and of course "the tech" and mankind's greatest friend "Ron" is always given the credit for it.

Really, the only things missing are the dressing up in special clothing, the singing of hymns, and getting dunked in a shiny new stock tank full of water while all the other believers look on and celebrate with you. Praise the Lord!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Jachs - I think it is like Challenge said here: If you have the idea you are lugging around a lot of scum sucking DB BT's that don't follow directions you will find you are auditing scum sucking DB BT's that don't follow directions and your solo auditing will suck with all sorts of corrections, handlings. But if you view them as helpful beings you are assisting, it could go along easily.

One thought I had when I was in the CofS — and quickly put aside as it was a dangerous thought to have — was that the difficulty the auditor encountered in session seemed to parallel his auditing ability. I don't mean that high classed auditors had an easy time of it and solo-trained-only auditors had a rough time of it. I mean that a high-classed auditor used the tools available to him, and his "bts" seemed to *need* all those tricks in order to "blow." Whereas the person who knew nothing about all these tools but was otherwise well-trained on the level seemed to blow his pcs just fine with the bare minimum of what was available to him.

There were exceptions, so the people who always seemed to screw things up and need review whatever they were doing continued on like that. But generally it seemed to go that people had BTs who matched their auditor skills.

Hmmm.

Paul

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thought I had when I was in the CofS — and quickly put aside as it was a dangerous thought to have — was that [1.] the difficulty the auditor encountered in session seemed to parallel his auditing ability. I don't mean that high classed auditors had an easy time of it and solo-trained-only auditors had a rough time of it. I mean that a high-classed auditor used the tools available to him, and his "bts" seemed to *need* all those tricks in order to "blow." Whereas the person who knew nothing about all these tools but was otherwise well-trained on the level seemed to blow his pcs just fine with the bare minimum of what was available to him.

[2.] There were exceptions, so the people who always seemed to screw things up and need review whatever they were doing continued on like that. But generally it seemed to go that people had BTs who matched their auditor skills.

Hmmm.

Paul

1. More than auditor ability or training level, I would attribute that to the individual's awareness. Or because awareness has such scientological implications, perhaps focused attention is a better choice of words than awareness.

2. I used to wonder how someone who was not trained managed to audit the level. I found lots of ways to fly ruds, put in buttons, D/L, even just 8Cing stragglers to be gone. Then I wondered if the SO just used ethics conditions, O/W write-ups, and Declares on his BTs--but I never mentioned that to anyone. :dieslaughing:

Then I wondered if the SO just used ethics conditions, O/W write-ups, and Declares on his BTs--but I never mentioned that to anyone.
Ted, once upon a time I was going to go on a cruise with the Bolivar to Hawaii and audit the crew. I was in comm with some of them and that is pretty much all the tech they had - putting somone in danger for case on post etc. But it never came to pass.

Mimsey

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Im been following your posts & am interested on your thoughts on these energies.

Yeah, BTs as an Infestation.

Selecting: Thinking of Demon's and Demon's appear .Angels and Angels appear.

Im just curious how that works?

I don't think about them at all. If one or some show up, welcome. Otherwise, I do not seek them nor imbue them with life. Disembodied beings.

You have to be free from overwhelm for it to work.:dieslaughing:

challenge

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think about them at all. If one or some show up, welcome. Otherwise, I do not seek them nor imbue them with life. Disembodied beings.

You have to be free from overwhelm for it to work.:dieslaughing:

challenge

Do you see them?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
BT's are too easy. If anyone can audit out Athlete's Foot, I'll be really impressed.

pic1.jpg

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
OK, I'll once and for all come clean on this issue, I'm WHO is mocking it up. I feel relieved to finally own up to it and get it off my chest ... Of course it could be one of the many mini me's mocking it up, as yet this remains unresolved. :biggrin:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Has anyone been a BT in a past life audited out by someone on OTIII?
Maybe all of us were former BT's? LOL

Around 1990 in PAC I was told (in all sincerity) by someone that a certain girl had been a BT on his knee some 20 years prior.

I'll be kind and not name either of the parties.

Paul