What's new

ANZO NYE event leak and current scene (Sydney & Melbourne & Perth)

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
You are probably a bit distracted with a certain other leak... but here is some news from ANZO.

Sydney first:

sydjan3.jpg

Wow, sure looks like Sydney is having a good time! Highest ever attendees! Highest ever since the last event I guess? They employed some clever photography, but a close look reveals there are less then 200 out there on the street, and the foreground is full of the usual Asian/Taiwanese contingent and SO.
No matter how they try to spin it for a prominent Class V Org AND Advanced Org combined this is a pathetic showing. The Sydney field continues to be a hard-core group of a couple hundred clinging on to the remnants of their organisation.

Oh geez and the plaque, does it really need commenting on?
"No other org has had their plaque before construction!" , good grief they are desperate to get 'first evers'.

And of course what would a Sydney newsletter be without more unobtainable fundraising goals - $2.7 million in three weeks, good luck with that! My records show they are raising around $100,000-200,000 a month, enough to get their Ideal Org up and running in 2014!

Oh and more stupid fundraising games and awards (swords, really?), I bet that Debbie Cook letter will be hitting pretty hard about now.

On to Melbourne!

melbjan3.jpg

"Birthdaygame-landia" :melodramatic::melodramatic::melodramatic:

And would you look at those event photos! Despite Melbourne coming in second in the birthday game there are scarcely 100 attendees, INCLUDING many obvious staffers/SO (have a close look at the second shot!). Remember when reviewing Scientology propaganda material you must always asume the data has been tweaked to present them in the BEST POSSIBLE light (crowd photos are critical). To have these two photos showing less then 100 attendees is very revealing, more so in that Melbourne Ideal Org is suppose to be a bastion of expansion in ANZO. Looks like all that huff and puff about expansion were public who came in, did a few introductory courses then drifted away, certainly not wanting to be seen at a major event or go up the silly bridge!

Whats even more laughable is the end photo taken at the Ideal opening showing the massive contingent of staff, I wonder where they were for the NYE event? (PS. Melbourne STILL can't find enough staff to reach old saint hill size!)

BTW, I don't think it was mentioned in the newsletter, but Melbourne Day is on 1615 points for the Birthday Game 2012.

All in all a dismal showing for ANZO, it can easily be extrapolated that total attendance in Australia was less then 1000 (Melbourne and Sydney are by far the most active Scientology centres).
Less then 1000? But Vicki Dunstan said there was 250000 Scientologists in Australia! Why are less then 0.4% showing up to events? :duh:

As small as it is, its just gonna get tougher in 2012 thanks to Debbie Cook. :coolwink:

EDIT: Perth news on page 2 (or scroll down).

Last edited:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: ANZO NYE event leak and current scene (Sydney & Melbourne)

Their blurb says that the Contributors' names are of steel and it is magnetic so that the names can be moved up. RIOTFLMAO. The names are in steel and are magnetic so that they can be easily removed.

challenge

Oblivion

Patron

One of the features of this plaque, is that the names are etched in steel – and they are magnetic! Which, of course, means that each name is able to move up in status…

...or off the plaque :p

Last edited:

Will they get that 2 point something million by the 27th Jan? I think they will, but I don't think it will be from straightforward donations. It will be from a bailout. Some wealthy sucker will be made resposiblible for loss of face if they fail to make the target.

Love the unveiling of the plaque - the first ideal morgue to get the plaque before the building- !!!!!! How wonderful (not) and embarrasing to see them trying to turn FAIL into win. Gotta laugh. Are Anon going to go down and start yelling "WE WANT DEBBIE!"?

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors

BTW, I don't think it was mentioned in the newsletter, but Melbourne Day is on 1615 points for the Birthday Game 2012.

I have only recently left staff at an already "ideal" org, so I know that all of the newly opened "ideal" orgs are awarded 500 birthday game points upon opening. So it is no surprise at all that for the past few years, the winner has been an org that opened its "ideal" building that year. Anyway, without those 500 points, Melbourne has actually "earned" 1115 points on its own this year.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

Will they get that 2 point something million by the 27th Jan? I think they will, but I don't think it will be from straightforward donations. It will be from a bailout. Some wealthy sucker will be made resposiblible for loss of face if they fail to make the target.

They have had countless ridiculous 'must-be-done' targets over the last couple of years, every time it has quietly been missed and a later date and new targets have been set. They have bled all their big donors dry already from the relentless fundraising and they now only contribute progressive small dono's from their income.

They will not make the target, I would bet on it. The only possible bailout is coming from the IAS (not bloody likely!).

Choice example:
We have 1.2 million to raise in the next couple of weeks which will enable us to start the renovations project of Castlereagh Street – home to our new Continental Ideal Org in Sydney.

From March 2nd, 2010. Yes they still haven't started renovations, and the target is now more then doubled.

I have only recently left staff at an already "ideal" org, so I know that all of the newly opened "ideal" orgs are awarded 500 birthday game points upon opening. So it is no surprise at all that for the past few years, the winner has been an org that opened its "ideal" building that year. Anyway, without those 500 points, Melbourne has actually "earned" 1115 points on its own this year.

Thank you, that is very useful data. A document on how the birthday stats are calculated has been leaked before, if anyone is interested in having a poke at how the expansion is really stacking up.

Div6

Crusader

That explains why DC D and F are lagging WAY behind. I guess they were right: Sparrow boomed their stats. :duh:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

That explains why DC D and F are lagging WAY behind. I guess they were right: Sparrow boomed their stats. :duh:

Can't even crack the Top 10

1. LA Foundation 1632
2. Melbourne DAY 1615
3. St Petersberg 1582
4. Tampa DAY 1557
5. New York FDN 1520
6. CC Paris 1477
7. Roma 1463
8. Moscow DAY 1413
9. Cincinnati 1411
10. Tampa FDN 1406

They have had countless ridiculous 'must-be-done' targets over the last couple of years, every time it has quietly been missed and a later date and new targets have been set. They have bled all their big donors dry already from the relentless fundraising and they now only contribute progressive small dono's from their income.

They will not make the target, I would bet on it. The only possible bailout is coming from the IAS (not bloody likely!).

Choice example:

We have 1.2 million to raise in the next couple of weeks which will enable us to start the renovations project of Castlereagh Street – home to our new Continental Ideal Org in Sydney.

From March 2nd, 2010. Yes they still haven't started renovations, and the target is now more then double.

...................................................................................................................................................................

I see what you mean. Jesus Christ! No wonder they never make the traget. 2nd March 2010 it was 1.2 million and now it is 2.7 million!!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

To see my once dear friends Pat and Derek Wilson still in there donating their very hard earned money makes me want to :bigcry:
How much is a "Gold Humanitarian" again?
I know they have been to hell and back over the decades, please God they see the light one day.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron

To see my once dear friends Pat and Derek Wilson still in there donating their very hard earned money makes me want to :bigcry:
How much is a "Gold Humanitarian" again?
I know they have been to hell and back over the decades, please God they see the light one day.

I know how you feel FTS, felt similar when I saw Liz Mezentsef announced she and her (13 year old) son were to be humanitarians. I hope she was on Debbie Cook's mailing list and read the email because only someone of her caliber would change Liz's mind about DM and the way he runs the cult. I don't think anything will get her out but maybe she'll reconsider throwing her hard earned $$$ away and keeping a little something for her son's future.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Thanks for posting these Zhent. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Their blurb says that the Contributors' names are of steel and it is magnetic so that the names can be moved up. RIOTFLMAO. The names are in steel and are magnetic so that they can be easily removed.

challenge
Ah that explains it. I wondered what they would do about that.

One thing is clear: That monstrosity in the lobby is a constant reminder the ideal org is not built and they haven't started. It will be a prop used to reg them every time they go in the building and every time they leave.

I see this will make people blow. In three years, when they still haven't built it, the plaque will start look OLD. It looks like cheap old corporate crap that will scratch and bend and look like crap.

I am wondering if the increase from 1 million to 3 million is their way of covering up that they don't have a fire escape, can't get permission to build one and so cannot start construction.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

Not to be left out, here is the latest from Perth!

Perth is a real sad case. You thought Sydney was struggling with fundraising? These guys have no hope. I kid you not they had a serious fundraising target of raising $5 Million in 7 weeks. This coming from a tiny Class V org (the field is like 50 people).

Most of the newsletter is self explanatory in its off-source failure (hey, how does that Debbie Cook letter feel about now?), but I will point out one thing...

For the section of "and there were demands", what they actually did was hold a mock hostage situation, where scientologists were bound and gagged and taken to a room with a video camera. The kidnappers then announced to the video camera (connected to the main regging room) that the hostage would 'get it' unless their regging demands would be met.

Can't make this shit up.

Also note how the newsletter failed to mention the New Years Event at all, must of been an epic failure too pathetic to take pictures of. (I would guess less then 40 attended)

If anyone has some Adelaide or Brisbane leak-source please let me know! (Though I think those orgs are practically dead, lol)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Alix Jordon????

But she's a Melbourne public (ex SO). Did they have to import folks from other states just to get an attendance of 30?

Div6

Crusader

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.......:omg:

Big Farmer

Patron with Honors

Another example of the strange logic of CoS. To become a humanitarian simply donate cash. The more cash you give the better humanitarian you become.

I wonder if Ghandi or Martin Luther King would have been tempted by the leather jacket or maybe that extra qualification of emerald, silver and gold to their status?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Alix Jordon????

But she's a Melbourne public (ex SO). Did they have to import folks from other states just to get an attendance of 30?
Is it really Perth news? (Answer: apparently it is!) For some reason I thought it was mostly Melb news, Emma. The news from elsewhere is kinda lame... I was gonna say "lamer", is that even a word? It is now!
Scientology Fundraising; it's lamer than you think!

Last edited: