What's new

St Hill

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
HOLY CRAP and loadsa wow, dunno why i was googling the possibilities of a place like this BUt here it is:clap::clap::clap:
ive not read all the posts ive not filled out anything just skipped to the last one on this, and read someone mention murdo and stonelands !!:thumbsup:
That was when i was on staff at sainthill!! i remeber him and many others in the epf when i was on staff
theres loads i have to say [ guess i,ll fill out my experiences in me profile} but if you remember a scruffy individual walking around the grounds trying to look busy and not quite a sea org member

WEll that was MEE:dancer:
[till i actually tried to be a sea org member that is:redface:]
Any way
hello is all i wanted to say really

Hi and welcome! :welcome:

footshot

Crikey where to start :unsure:
well humour being preferable and the fact that i seemed to have fallen through the cracks in policy, I came to AOSH on OEC training and had to earn my rent/food so was working for estates org till i turned round expressing the wish to stay and join estates org
One of the many roles i undertook
Was a kinda head chef for the staff "restaurant" called "the stables'
MAYHEM !!! [didnt know the first thing about running a kitchen let alone how to budget fer 450 people at 6 to 12 pence a meal or there abouts
ever tried to placate seaorg members, whose particular org hadnt paid enough that week into the food budget, that they are on beans an rice fer a week:omg:
See originally i was jsut an assistant to a reall sea org member > But when he went 'out ethics' [i forget why] he landed in the rpf { just down the slope in the wooden shed for those who strayed that end of the estate]
STILL not a sea org member and no one to replace him and volunteerd to try an help out the situation
There was also a french woman [ Marie,..?] but she got transferred from estates org to AOSH
ONE bloke feeding 450 people !! including the officers !!
if yu burn/cock up in any way the ability to get creative and cheat comes in handy
i treid making pastry once , fer a mass of steak an mushroom pies
they ended with dumplings in a kinda stew
i learned that cinnamon isnt the the best thing to put in lasgagna [ still served it tho or the little epf guys did]
Any complaints {yeah amazingly on rare occasions there were "some"] were handled by a cool little green policy that didnt even allow an officer in to my kitchen if i didnt want him there [ got me out of a lotof a shouting matches from org chiefs that one]

At the end of each day the RPF came to wash up and clean the whole place to bottom
The RPF for whatever reason are ised as a workforce and do a programme of training , your not allowed to talk to them and they are kinda shunned
I,m too social fer that
IT became a bit of a party because i could play music.... and they wnt allowed anything like that but i was Then people living outside the estate accross the main road started to complain so we had to turn it down a bit but the productivity went up really well [rage against the machine isnt quite the image we were sposed to portray]

i made many freinds on staff and enjoyed most of the work i did their even tho i wasnt supposed to be there
[please excuse my lack of typing skills]
arc neill:yes:

Last edited:

footshot

Welcome to ESMB, Neill (two ls?).

When were you cooking at the Stables?

Paul

:unsure::unsure:er 94 95 or 96 ish is the best i can remember, i spose its all the deception ive made about the time in C.Vs and employment forms :dieslaughing: i did so many things there
including the inner skin of the box at the new gatehouse, the staff member in reno's i was with on that was called Neil too lol
The murdo mentioned earlier was in the epf helping with the road resurfacing later on

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
:unsure::unsure:er 94 95 or 96 ish is the best i can remember, i spose its all the deception ive made about the time in C.Vs and employment forms :dieslaughing: i did so many things there
including the inner skin of the box at the new gatehouse, the staff member in reno's i was with on that was called Neil too lol
The murdo mentioned earlier was in the epf helping with the road resurfacing later on

OK, thanks. I left SH for a life of fun and sun (well, sun anyway) in the SO in LA in 1986. I remember Murdo Guy as a young, somewhat belligerent kid. About all I remember about him is his wanting (and getting) a big hammer for his birthday once. I dread to think what he did with it.

Paul

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Keep going with your stories Foot. We're enjoying. :happydance: I was there way before you, mid-70s to 81, but there were undoubtedly some there at your time who I would remember.

solo

Patron with Honors
One of her children drowned (aged about 9 from memory) when he was taken with the other SO children to the seaside by the nannies.

:yes:

It was Sean, the younger brother of Alex. It actually happened on Sea Org Family Day, as I remember, so it wasn't down to the nannies, the parents went too. For some reason I didn't go (stats must have been down). The horrible thing I recall about it was that when I went to meet the bus on its arrival at Saint Hill and asked if they'd had a good time, one of the execs said to me "No, Sean Cronin ruined it by drowning" or something to that effect. I have never forgotten the heartlessness of that remark, although the details are blurred. A terrible tragedy for the family, who of course had to soldier on in the SO. I was sorry to see Paula struggling with trying to explain why she hadn't paid out a fortune for services - she was in the SO for years and probably left with nothing, but she's still a loyal Scientologist.........

Anyone recognise the other woman with her at the stress table?

Solo

solo

Patron with Honors
Solo reading that response to the child's death was like a smack in the gob. What a hideous thing to say.

Yes it was, and I believe that contributed to my decision to leave the SO. It was a really nasty invalidation of the family and their loss.

Solo

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Yes it was, and I believe that contributed to my decision to leave the SO. It was a really nasty invalidation of the family and their loss.

Solo

Paula sat in the security office, on two occasions in the space of a few years as OSA and Snr HCO declared two of her daughters SP, and then banished them from all contact with Scientologists. The girls were 13 and 14 years old respectively. One of the girls said that her mother was staring at her in a completely cold and dismissive fashion. The other indicated that Paula was angry with the ‘Devt’ the girl had caused.

Paula agreed to their banishment and signed all necessary papers without remorse, she seemed to function just fine thereafter. She got her stats up and made sure that she caught the 10pm bus back every night to Stonelands and later Walsh Manor. No tears, Paul refused to leave the SO and care for the children, her post as an AOSH letter registrar was far too important.

OSA had the grace to drive these children to the train station and gave them a few pounds, and deposited them on the train. They were ordered to never return. One child lived on the streets in London (rape, drugs, fill in the rest, a beautiful, utterly innocent thirteen year old girl) the other was able to get a bit more help. But none whatsoever from her mother and father.

Paula is a cruel, cold and very damaged and I think evil woman. When one of the girls confronted her with what she had allowed to happen, she acked her and then tried to sell her one of the newly updated LRH books. Based on my recollection of a conversation I had with her where Sean was mentioned, I got the impression that she believed her son was a DB.

Her husband, John, was a much warmer, kinder and humane person, but he was as ineffectual as Paula in the care and the protection of their children. John agreed to the banishment as well and carried on a cook and later mimeo officer. He was dismissed from the SO on health grounds in the later part of the 1990s, moved to London and made up with one of the daughters. He died just a few years after getting out.

Sean should not have died, he was one of the victims of a child care system that bordered on the sadistic. All of the Cronin children suffered shocking abuse and neglect once their parents joined the SO and dumped them, age ranging from 2 to 10 in the ‘child care’ area and went off on full time post.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
So is that all the Cronin kids out?

Alex was was never doing well as a scientologist, in trouble as I remember, a bit of a rebel, the girls just had that look of complete neglect. John did look like a nice bloke, but not the brightest. What you say is ringing true. What a sick, sick mini world!

Paula is an example of the expected scientology mother. And that fact is beyond sick.

I really hope those kids have found peace and love in their lives, they really deserve it.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Paula sat in the security office, on two occasions in the space of a few years as OSA and Snr HCO declared two of her daughters SP, and then banished them from all contact with Scientologists. The girls were 13 and 14 years old respectively. One of the girls said that her mother was staring at her in a completely cold and dismissive fashion. The other indicated that Paula was angry with the ‘Devt’ the girl had caused.

Paula agreed to their banishment and signed all necessary papers without remorse, she seemed to function just fine thereafter. She got her stats up and made sure that she caught the 10pm bus back every night to Stonelands and later Walsh Manor. No tears, Paul refused to leave the SO and care for the children, her post as an AOSH letter registrar was far too important.

OSA had the grace to drive these children to the train station and gave them a few pounds, and deposited them on the train. They were ordered to never return. One child lived on the streets in London (rape, drugs, fill in the rest, a beautiful, utterly innocent thirteen year old girl) the other was able to get a bit more help. But none whatsoever from her mother and father.

Paula is a cruel, cold and very damaged and I think evil woman. When one of the girls confronted her with what she had allowed to happen, she acked her and then tried to sell her one of the newly updated LRH books. Based on my recollection of a conversation I had with her where Sean was mentioned, I got the impression that she believed her son was a DB.

Her husband, John, was a much warmer, kinder and humane person, but he was as ineffectual as Paula in the care and the protection of their children. John agreed to the banishment as well and carried on a cook and later mimeo officer. He was dismissed from the SO on health grounds in the later part of the 1990s, moved to London and made up with one of the daughters. He died just a few years after getting out.

Sean should not have died, he was one of the victims of a child care system that bordered on the sadistic. All of the Cronin children suffered shocking abuse and neglect once their parents joined the SO and dumped them, age ranging from 2 to 10 in the ‘child care’ area and went off on full time post.

OMFG. :omg::bigcry:
Words fail me.

solo

Patron with Honors

I'm devastated to hear this. I hadn't heard any news of the family since 1980.

However, is it just for us to label Paula as evil for behaving in this way? Isn't she just another damaged person, produced by this insane cult?

I remember Saint Hill execs often talked of "the Cronins" as DBs, which I never felt was right. Why should we act in the same way? It's ironic, really.

Does anyone know where Alex and the girls are now?

Solo

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Solo you are absolutely right.

I'm not saying that the label of DB is acurate, I don't believe it myself, but it's also so typical of the 'system' that staff who were apparently wrongly recruited are blamed for being recruited, not the upstat recruiter who got stats up before thursday 2pm.

The trouble is that what the family were doing so wrong was to be following the priorities set in stone. Stats come first, then think about the kids if you have time. The system is evil.

However I couldn't have watched my kid grow up like that, even as a believer I could see the consequences of the cadet org and family time if you were upstat.

I too was labelled as a DB, on the issue that sent me to the RPF. As I understand I must still be as I never did OT3. I'm happy to be whatever I am.

Paula and John were as we all were to some extent duped, but we eventually got it, Paula hasn't yet. I hope she does and when she does that she is gentle with herself. Forgiving yourself can be tough.

solo

Patron with Honors
Thanks La La Lou Lou, you have stated the case really well, and I also hope Paula will find out the truth for herself. It will be a tough road for her to walk.

Solo