What's new

Debbie Cook Defense Fund

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Coming in late to this thread and I haven't read everything so forgive me if I'm repeating stuff.

Didn't Marty just a few days ago warn people off from contacting Debbie Cook through Facebook? Now he wants to act as her proxy for donation collection??? WTF???? :omg:

I have it on pretty good authority that Debbie Cook HAS NOT & WILL NOT be contacting Marty Rathbun for any reason, especially to accept money. Debbie is really not a fan of Marty Rathbun. (And that's putting it lightly).

Marty has pulled some stunts before that have made me raise my eyebrows but this one is over the top. Is he devious or just stupid?

That's the question isn't it. Is he stupid or just playing stupid? Stay tuned. One thing you have to give scientology, which I'm sure Tony O would agree, is it's fucking entertaining. At least from the outside.

G

Gottabrain

Coming in late to this thread and I haven't read everything so forgive me if I'm repeating stuff.

Didn't Marty just a few days ago warn people off from contacting Debbie Cook through Facebook? Now he wants to act as her proxy for donation collection??? WTF???? :omg:

I have it on pretty good authority that Debbie Cook HAS NOT & WILL NOT be contacting Marty Rathbun for any reason, especially to accept money. Debbie is really not a fan of Marty Rathbun. (And that's putting it lightly).

Marty has pulled some stunts before that have made me raise my eyebrows but this one is over the top. Is he devious or just stupid?

Bit o' both I'd say. :omg: You've summarized the thread pretty well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info re Debbie Cook, too. That's kind of what I figured.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

A floor wax AND a dessert! (both, though which characteristic is dominant is questionable) :p

Oooo, and :rose: to her Emma-ness!

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
That's the question isn't it. Is he stupid or just playing stupid? Stay tuned. One thing you have to give scientology, which I'm sure Tony O would agree, is it's fucking entertaining. At least from the outside.

Well I am further outside than most around her as I have never been in.

When I read the OP I was eating and drinking at the same time and choked, I was trying to verbalise a WTF with coke and pie half way in me.

I tend to agree this is entertaining, but and I mean a huge but. Surly any sane person can see what a total shit Marty is.

This is not OK, there is some obvious bullshit going down here, if you cannot see it, well you need to go to some critical thinking lectures. I do not think Marty is completely stupid, he knows he can play with his flock and they will lap it up, my god they must be brain washed to put up with being talked at. I don’t think he is stupid but I think he is delusional, all hail Marty the savour. I think he is trying to fuck Debbie, not in a passionate loving manner but in a non consensual rape way.

I’m happy that this is being discussed in this manner here; what an insight into the cult think reading the discussions over at Marty vile.

edit: 50k to write a letter! bwahahahah yeah right.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well I am further outside than most around her as I have never been in.

When I read the OP I was eating and drinking at the same time and choked, I was trying to verbalise a WTF with coke and pie half way in me.

I tend to agree this is entertaining, but and I mean a huge but. Surly any sane person can see what a total shit Marty is.

This is not OK, there is some obvious bullshit going down here, if you cannot see it, well you need to go to some critical thinking lectures. I do not think Marty is completely stupid, he knows he can play with his flock and they will lap it up, my god they must be brain washed to put up with being talked at. I don’t think he is stupid but I think he is delusional, all hail Marty the savour. I think he is trying to fuck Debbie, not in a passionate loving manner but in a non consensual rape way.

I’m happy that this is being discussed in this manner here; what an insight into the cult think reading the discussions over at Marty vile.

Maybe ESMB is God's way of telling you not to have coke and pie at the same time. Elron works in mysterious ways. :nervous:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Emma I think this post raises a good point on possible reasons for a "defend Debbie war chest".

This "gesture" by Marty is highly inappropriate.

As others have pointed out, this is not a good development. Let me just throw out a few thoughts I came up with while I was doing some dinner prep tonight. Some are bound to be repeats.

* Offering to collect money for a legal fund when you've not consulted with the person who is the beneficiary of the fund is bad juju. It makes you (that'd be YOU, Mark Rathbun) look like you're running a scam.

* The offer makes Debbie look like she's in cahoots with Marty, which I believe is something she wants to avoid at all costs. It also ruins her reputation with the Still In Scns, because she's now wrongly being associated with a known SP (Marty).

* It also can cause her legal problems independent of any funds raised. I can just see Little Napoleon's legal posse now, writing up their subpoenas, thinking, "AH HA! Just as we guessed, she's been in touch with Marty!"

So why is Marty doing this? In my personal opinion, it's because Debbie Cook has not gotten into contact with Marty AT ALL since the letter came out, despite the many, many overtures made to her by Marty and his fan club. Putting out this notice of an unsolicited, unwanted and unwelcome legal fund is Marty's way of forcing Debbie (or her attorneys) to get in touch with Marty.

That said, I sincerely hope that Debbie's attorneys send Marty the legal equivalent of a FOAD letter. What Marty has done here is wrong, highly irresponsible and can put Debbie in a world of hurt that she does NOT want.

Marty, you s*ck.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Entertaining--yes!! That is sooooooo true!

Come to think of it, if Scientology did something very un-Scientological and (for example) hired a major world-class CEO, things would get very boring, very fast.

Let's say hypothetically that they hired Mike Duke, CEO of the world's top earning company, Walmart (revenues $421,849,000,000).

rx4479_6bfi8bfk8efkkn8zfi8tyfhxxxxxx8u9fji87fdk8atfb9cw8tufhxxxxxx.jpg

In 2010 Mike was paid a salary of just $1,232,670, which is roughly the equivalent of less than one hour's worth of fundraising per year for the IAS (think all IAS registers hitting the phones at the same time).

Now what would he do? For starters, I imagine he would institute an international policy of NO LYING and make it an instant firing offense. Next he'd probably open up all the barbed-wire gates and RPF prisons and let everyone know that they are "free to go" with no penalties and no freeloader bills.

Oh the list of what he could do in his first 24 hours on the job is just delicious. It would make a fascinating thread, I think.

Back to the point--it would get incredibly boring within a month or two as Scientology stopped lying, committing crimes, fair gaming, defrauding people with selling half-million dollar supernatural products that don't exist and other spiritual Ponzi schemes.

Soon the media would have nothing to report. Anonymous would find their next company to protest. Message boards would dwindle to the point people would be occasionally swapping recipes for banana crumb muffins and pining for the old days when the CoS paraded a succession of terrible actors and even worse liars in front of tv cameras to send viewers into convulsions of outrage and laughter.

Almost overnight, Scientology would lose all it's power to entertain and Indie Scientologists like Marty Rathbun would have no meaning in Scientology and be forced to do what Hubbard did in such Danger conditions--invent a new enemy. And....it would not have to be communists or psychiatrists because Scientology just as often hides its enemies in technical names like engram or BT.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Bet a dollar each way, you can't lose! :biggrin:

Veda

Sponsor
I just visited MartyWorld and noticed that featured prominently under his recent fund raising effort statement on behalf of fellow 'Friend of RON' Debbie, Marty has quoted from one of Hubbard's highly confidential covert Intelligence issues:

"As Sweden does, a small group using good intelligence tactics, with good technology, if well organized, can hold back enemies of great size."

The above quote is from Hubbard's 2 December 1969, 'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection'.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/datacoll/datacoll.htm

...in which is also this:

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit... Their first blast was from the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including the murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League... This was a full war against Dianetics."

And was written on the same day as this confidential LRH briefing:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/aidescon/ac02fram.htm

All of which can be found in this:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/infohat.htm

I think Marty has crossed the Rubicon into Hubbardville, permanently.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just visited MartyWorld and noticed that featured prominently under his recent fund raising effort statement on behalf of fellow 'Friend of RON' Debbie, Marty has quoted from one of Hubbard's highly confidential covert Intelligence issues:

"As Sweden does, a small group using good intelligence tactics, with good technology, if well organized, can hold back enemies of great size."

The above quote is from Hubbard's 2 December 1969, 'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection'.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/datacoll/datacoll.htm

...in which is also this:

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit... Their first blast was from the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including the murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League... This was a full war against Dianetics."

And was written on the same day as this confidential LRH briefing:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/aidescon/ac02fram.htm

All of which can be found in this:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/infohat.htm

I think Marty has crossed the Rubicon into Hubbardville, permanently.

Hubbo was the drama queen wasn't she?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Wow I missed that excellent post by mirele. I think she's nailed it.

What a fucking scumbag.
Yes, all that.. And shoud Debbie need to raise funds, then a lot of her potential supporters will have already donated to this scam and will possibly consider her efforts another scam?

Marty's actions really does look like official OSA to me!

:yes:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
... Is he devious or just stupid?
My money is on both.

These stats just in

Rathbun Interplanetary Legal Fund Honour Roll

New Legal Eagles Extra Special Magic Person ($1,000)
No one

Solid Gold Humanitarian ($500)
No one

Solid Excrement Humanitarian ($100)
No one

Reasonably Solid Excrement Humanitarian ($50)
No one

Soft Serve Excrement Humanitarian ($10)
No one

Humanitarian with dysentry ($5)
No one

Honorary Humanitarian (No money, but posting solid excrement on Marty's behalf on a variety of comm-lines)
No one. Really. No one.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
This. Collecting money in this way is illegal. Marty is showing that he would run things no differently to the alcoholic dwarf. Snake Oil sales must be down this week. I didn't check, did his post appear just before Thursday 2 PM? No one is paying for his really important services. Oh noes.

We also have to consider the possibility that Scientology may not bother suing her. The publicity would be atrocious (Not that that has stopped them before).

One thing we do know is that they are not getting their money back.

He has already stated on his blog that the money is 'spent' already by the legal defense he is already putting together. I mean, he has absolutely no business whatsoever to ask for money or put a legal defense together.

Mirele

Patron
I think this is one of Marty's most blatant foot bullets in quite a few months now. I mean seriously, to try to raise "defense funds" for someone who won't return your emails? :duh:

But when one is a card carrying footbulletologist, what is one compelled to do? I think you know already the answer.

That's what I think this is about. It's just my personal and not a legal opinion, but I do believe that Debbie Cook has steadfastly refused to get into comm with Marty, and Marty's doing this to flush her out. That said, it is also my opinion that what Marty is doing could put Debbie into a world of legal hurt. He needs to back off, refund all the monies he's collected so far and wait for Debbie to say she needs help.

I contributed a small amount to the Daniel Montalvo fund. I would have liked a better accounting of the monies, but given that it was only ~$10K and given how expensive legal representation is and how easy it is to chew through $10K in legal costs just by breathing, I cut Marty slack. But this is a totally different situation. There's no immediate danger (i.e., a filed lawsuit, subpoenas flying, etc.) and the beneficiary of the legal fund is not even in contact with the person collecting the money. This is quite a different scenario than Montalvo.

I've given my solution to the situation, and it is expressed in two words: Back Off. Marty needs to Back Off. That Is All.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I am not a lawyer but I do have some legal training and certificatons. I can't figure out how he could call himself a minister and base a ministry on Scientology certifications that would have been cancelled if he has really been declared and kicked out of the "church" of scientology.

Same way as most ex-churchies who audit in the field: the Universal Life Church will ordain you as a minister for a small fee only and *it will stand up in court* (supposedly). I'm an ordained ULC minister — with dox — and have been since 1998 or so.

Paul

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
If I were Debbie Cook, Marty, Mike (or anyone else) and I was planning a strategic takeover of the cofs, I wouldn't want the enemy to know who I was working with and would make sure to promote the idea of antipathy (within the ranks) whether real or not.

They have had a few years now to put this in place and I still think they are in it together.

:duh:

Not that it matters either way, I hope the lot of them fall flat on their collective bottoms.

:evillaugh: