What's new

Marty (The Rat) Rathbun

Gadfly

Crusader
A scientist says:

Hm I think if I do this, then this will happen, but if it doesn't, I have learned something.

A Scientologist says:

Ron told me that if I do this, then this will happen, and if it doesn't, I did it wrong.

:hysterical:

Now, THAT is funny! (and sadly, quite true)

Gadfly

Crusader
There are two tragedies here, not just the obvious one.

Marty coerced Annie into returning to the cult's manipulations in 1992. That's something like nineteen years ago, people. If Ortega is correct, and "Annie returned to Int Base, and never left again" then a person who wanted to get out - at least to get some peace and think things through for herself - never again got that chance.

Can you imagine being chased down and taken back into an abusive cult, and never again having a chance to think for yourself, or make choices about your own life... for almost two decades, until you die?

Greater good of the greatest number of dynamics, my ass. This is an outrage against fundamental human rights, and it degrades all human beings that such things can take place. How many more victims is Scientology denying basic freedoms to, tonight?

Marty might "feel bad about that" but he certainly doesn't feel bad enough, yet. Perhaps one day he will come to understand just how much damage Hubbardism has done to him, and his victims.

The REAL tragedy is that she didn't HAVE TO. Nobody was holding a gun to her head. Nobody was marching her in chains. She could have turned from Marty and walked away, and there wouldn't have been anything that he could have done, especially out in an open public area.

THAT goes to show the amazing effectiveness and "workability" of Hubbard's MIND CONTROL TECH.

Simple "looks" and "words" can get the over-indocrinated willing adherent to do just about anything, because he or she has internalized the entire absurd Hubbard paradigm in a way that renders them forever maleable and pliable to the wishes and instructions of the controllers.

I mean if someone chased me down I would just say, "no, get lost, go sell your shit to somebody else". It takes a TRUE BELIEVER to go the effect of this sort of MIND manipulation. Sadly, these people accept the chains with open arms and even put the handcuffs on their own hands (metaphorically speaking)! They do this by agreeing with the basic nonsensical ideas of Scientology.

These make up the three points of the Scientology Belief Triangle (SBT):

1) All eternity, all life, my own future, and the future of my friends depends entirely and only on the success of Scientology.

2) We, as Scientologists, possess the ONLY CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF MAN & LIFE and the ONLY WORKABLE METHODS TO BRING ABOUT SANITY AND SALVATION.

3) LRH is always right, and the Scientologist MUST do what he says, exactly and completely.

Without the acceptance and belief of these three key points, no person could be maniplated or controlled by WORDS and LOOKS.

Hubbard is a supreme asshole for creating such a system of belief. The Church of Scientology staff members are assholes for propagating such a system of belief. And the poor suckers who get pushed around, both the staff and the public, are major dummies for buying into it and allowing themselves to be pushed around like a leaf in the wind.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Monica Pignotti posted this link on FB this morning. Why hasn't the state of California or the US Govt looked in to this tragedy?

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors
In addition to being a skilled spy, Mr. Rathbun is by all accounts an excellent Scientology technician, albeit a squirrel. He seems sincere in his apologies. I'd bet a lot of former staff would have done the same things at some time, and I won’t judge him for “taking the 5th”. As far as I’m concerned, any former staff who ever got in a junior’s face and screamed bloody murder has no standing to opine. Mr. Rathbun may never have the moral authority to be “the leader”, but he has no fear, and the “Car Wash Incident” was run to complete certainty on all 8 dynamics. One of those beautiful things only a Texan could fully appreciate.

So tell me, what's the car wash incident. I've only been through Texas once, and was just driving through (it took a long time!).

Screaming in someone's face is mean, and cause emotional trauma to varying degrees. I've seen that behavior outside of the church often enough and don't see that in itself as a problem special or unique to Scientology. Marty's behavior went much further, and I don't think that can be argued.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
So tell me, what's the car wash incident. I've only been through Texas once, and was just driving through (it took a long time!).

Screaming in someone's face is mean, and cause emotional trauma to varying degrees. I've seen that behavior outside of the church often enough and don't see that in itself as a problem special or unique to Scientology. Marty's behavior went much further, and I don't think that can be argued.

The "Car Wash" Incident was something that was originally in History of Man.

It was immediately after the section on the Piltdown Man and it was an incident where aliens came down to the planet and set up a theta trap that looked like a car wash. The yokels would walk into one side and would receieve implants and by the time they got out the other end they were obsessed with the idea that things were dirty and needed to be cleaned. Piltdown Man was said to be the first victim of the "Car Wash" incident. Before that incident cave men did not bathe.

It was removed by LRH when the book went to press because, as he stated then, "It sounds too far fetched".

Rd00

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

It was immediately after the section on the Piltdown Man and it was an incident where aliens came down to the planet and set up a theta trap that looked like a car wash. The yokels would walk into one side and would receieve implants and by the time they got out the other end they were obsessed with the idea that things were dirty and needed to be cleaned. Piltdown Man was said to be the first victim of the "Car Wash" incident. Before that incident cave men did not bathe.

It was removed by LRH when the book went to press because, as he stated then, "It sounds too far fetched".

Rd00
There!! - Hot day'um!!!! - Hubbard said something that made sense! - Who'd 'ave thunk it!!???

:omg:

Gadfly

Crusader

Rd00

:hysterical:

That is priceless! :thumbsup:

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors

Rd00

Are you pulling my leg?

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Annoying, isn't it, when people don't answer questions?

It's referring to an amusing video Rathbun put on his blog of turning a hose on the Squirrel Busters while ostensibly washing his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtD-ctTI59E

Paul

Paul,

I was just trying to make sure that people don't get trapped in those "heavy wavelengths" that Hubbard was talking about in that recent Spirit of Play promo piece I receieved in the mail last week.

Rd00

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul,

I was just trying to make sure that people don't get trapped in those "heavy wavelengths" that Hubbard was talking about in that recent Spirit of Play promo piece I receieved in the mail last week.

Rd00

But doesn't the aesthetic band undercut all the heaviness and cause it to fall away? There's Christina Aguilera's singing as a soundtrack. :)

Paul

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
By "recent restimulation" you mean... he couldn't find any coffee grinders or gorilla suits nearby.

Rd00

Coffee grinders and Guerilla suits were beyond my Scientology security clearance, and it is very important they be kept secret until everyone runs the Car Wash Incident.