What's new

Debbie Cook strikes back

freethinker

Sponsor
I know what you mean but the reason to support Debbie is not for Debbie but for all those who have sigened the same agreement that is being held over them like an ax at a beheading. That is the only reason for me to support her. If she wins, it will change the game that DM has been winning up to now and to cut him down to the inch high size that he really is is worth helping the enemy of my enemy, this time.
Yeah it's really kind of hard to figure out to pull for in this one, kind of like this week's Superbowl. DM is like a monkey locked in the cockpit of a 747. Do we really want Debbie to bust down the door, get the monkey out and restore level flight? I'll have to think about this one. But it will be fun to watch either way since I'm not on that plane.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know what you mean but the reason to support Debbie is not for Debbie but for all those who have sigened the same agreement that is being held over them like an ax at a beheading. That is the only reason for me to support her. If she wins, it will change the game that DM has been winning up to now and to cut him down to the inch high size that he really is is worth helping the enemy of my enemy, this time.

In reality I'm pulling for anybody that can stick it to DM and his OSA goons, but you have to admit this has an odd twist to it. I guess since Tommy is MIA, DM is now the de-facto leader of Anonymous.

cadet

Patron
Re: Debbie Crook strikes back

the reason to support Debbie

What do you mean by support?

I have signed a bunch of those non disclosure agreements and would not mind seeing them nullified. I also don't view them as much of an inhibition.

So I could see supporting Debbie as in pulling for her to win in court, that is fine.

Supporting her with money out of your own pocket? Ridiculous. This is a woman who has personally taken millions of dollars from people in the name of science fiction and been paid large bonuses for it. Moreover she was given money to stay quiet. Let her fight her own damn battles.

Supporting her in the sense of wanting her to become a shining beacon of hope for a reformation? This is why I want her to fail in life, regardless of this particular court battle.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
I think Debbie's lawyer should check with Mark Baker, because he said that there is no case for coercion.

In fact Mark was so certain of it I don't even know why the court system is needed when all they need to do is ask Mark.

These judges and lawyers are so ridiculous to try to operate without Baker, they just don't get it.

You are so right.

Reading through this thread and the other thread about the CofS sues Debbie Cook, you realize you have, through the postings of Mark A. Baker, become entangled in the equivalent of mental fly paper and you will fail in any attempted argument with him and you WILL be assimilated.

This quality he displays manifested while he was in his youth - talking back to his father to avoid punishment for his childish prank calls like: do you have prince albert in a can? - well you'd better let him out! In High school and College Mark grew into a champion debater. University for Mark was Law school and his skills at debate and overwhelming his opponents with sheer unmitigated quantity of argument led him into an immensely lucrative career as a litigator, becoming a multi-millionaire by age 27, much of that fortune accrued as a result of instant capitulation by the target rather than face 'the borg of the bar' as he became known.

Upon his retirement from law at age 28, Mark lived his childhood dream of becoming an Expert in every field of endeavor known to man and is currently working towards becoming ESMBs' resident Ombudsman. :yes:

TG1

Angelic Poster

(snip)

Supporting her in the sense of wanting her to become a shining beacon of hope for a reformation? This is why I want her to fail in life, regardless of this particular court battle.

I don't know Debbie. Never met her. Don't have any "like" or "dislike" of her. Don't have any personal feelings about her one way or the other. Was gone before she appeared on the scene. I don't even see this as being much about Debbie.

In fact, I don't think of this or any other "battle" as supporting X vs. Y -- EXCEPT in the sense of supporting those who would like to see the cult (the Church of Scientology) eliminated or, at the very least, weakened further.

A person would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to appreciate that the cult has been weakened tremendously by every blow to it by everyone who ever stood up to it, whether they "won" or "lost." Certainly, some people hurt the cult more than others did, and we'd probably not agree on whose blows were stronger than others'.

Looking at it the other way, have all the lawsuits filed by the litigious cult hurt people? Certainly, they have -- in the form of defendants' litigation costs, energy lost, income lost, sometimes families destroyed, etc.

However, I posit that the cult has been hurt even more by their own stupid lawsuits they've filed against others, because those lawsuits have exposed the cult's idiocies and innoculated many public who might have otherwise gotten involved in its madness. On the other hand, those lawsuits have also, in many, many instances, helped the cult's own members recognize just how mean and evil the cult they support is.

I speak from my own experiences and perspective. As always, others' mileage may vary.

Finally, I don't imagine that any "Debbie victory" in this lawsuit will result in DM being thrown out as cult pontiff and Debbie invited back to lead it to victory. But no matter how this fight turns out, I do foresee that DM and the cult WILL emerge even smaller and weaker. And that would be a very, very good thing.

TG1

cadet

Patron

Good stuff.

I don't think we have any disagreement, as I said before no matter the outcome I will be happy.

There are however calls to support Debbie both financially and in the delusion that Scientology can be "saved". I think that is ridiculous and asinine.

I for one have met both Debbie and DM only in passing, but am well acquainted with the consequences of their actions. They are both reprehensible human beings.

While much has been made about Debbie breaking the terms of a contract, and how coercion has no part in this, there is another way to look at it.

That the $50K payment is a bribe, in the guise of a NDA, cloaked as a contract. Thus we would have the implication of malfeasance by the church, else, why would they pay her off when discharging her for medical reasons?

Then you have her lawyer talking to Tony O. at the VV about the case. Other than trying the case in the press, what is that really about? What is he really saying and to whom when he says "things happened beyond the pale"? (or words to that effect) It is aimed at one person alone, and the communication is this:

Resign.

And what if he does finally accept that reality - per the Simon Bolivar Pol - the game becomes get you? (sorry, I couldn't resist the ref) If she steps up to the plate, a true believer with a Billion + to spend on promo - handing out some amnesties, removing his arbitraries? You could see this going in the other direction - Scn. expanding.

Mimsey

TG1

Angelic Poster
Mimsey, like you, I am willing to consider possible scenarios. But based on what I've read about David Miscavige (I don't know him personally), it's hard for me to imagine any scenario in which he would voluntarily resign from his position. I think he's such a stupid, mean fuck that he thinks he's invincible.

Is there anyone here who knows Miscavige well who is willing to opine on the conditions under which you think he might actually tuck tail, turn and run?

TG1

LA SCN

According to Jeffrey's website, he's a veteran of more than 75 trials since 1989, and served as the mayor of Bulverde, a San Antonio suburb, for a couple of years.

But I asked him what his experience is in litigation with the Church of Scientology.

"None. I've had a mild interest over the years. I've always been aware of Scientology, but that's the full extent of it. Coincidentally I read the Reitman book on vacation last summer. It was quite fascinating," he says, referring to Janet Reitman's history of the church, last year's Inside Scientology.

"Coincidentally" he happened to read Inside Scientology while on vacation a year ago?

thinking.gif

Does anyone else besides me find that....really "coincidental"?

And the right judge might find it 'Prejudicial' as whacky as the court scene is...jus' sayin'

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I sincerely hope that both 'sides' end up flat on their faces and the cofs and the Indies disappear off the face of the earth.

That, I would 'donate' money to watch.

Both camps are as ridiculous as each other.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

freethinker

Sponsor

I can see your point and you are entitled to that and I would not fault you for not supporting her financially, but I look at the whole picture that you need to remove the key brick to take down the building. It doesn't mean I wouldn't throw that brick in the dumpster with the rest. I wouldn't clean it off and use it for a new building because it is tainted. However I would help in any way to get that brick removed, so I could discard it.
What do you mean by support?

I have signed a bunch of those non disclosure agreements and would not mind seeing them nullified. I also don't view them as much of an inhibition.

So I could see supporting Debbie as in pulling for her to win in court, that is fine.

Supporting her with money out of your own pocket? Ridiculous. This is a woman who has personally taken millions of dollars from people in the name of science fiction and been paid large bonuses for it. Moreover she was given money to stay quiet. Let her fight her own damn battles.

Mimsey, like you, I am willing to consider possible scenarios. But based on what I've read about David Miscavige (I don't know him personally), it's hard for me to imagine any scenario in which he would voluntarily resign from his position. I think he's such a stupid, mean fuck that he thinks he's invincible.

Is there anyone here who knows Miscavige well who is willing to opine on the conditions under which you think he might actually tuck tail, turn and run?

TG1
I agree telling him the jig is up, and then making him realize it is up are two different things. I am quite aware he will put up a damn good fight, he will stoop to any means necessary, including pay off witnesses, destroy evidence, and try and carry the day like he has with many other cases. But there is the real possibility she has him by the short and curly hair. Since this is a civil trial - there will be no jail time, it will be: step aside son, and let the big dog in.

Mimsey

cadet

Patron

I can see your point and you are entitled to that and I would not fault you for not supporting her financially, but I look at the whole picture that you need to remove the key brick to take down the building. It doesn't mean I wouldn't throw that brick in the dumpster with the rest. I wouldn't clean it off and use it for a new building because it is tainted. However I would help in any way to get that brick removed, so I could discard it.

I can see your point and of course you are entitled to it.

I just completely disagree with the idea of sending money to someone who has obviously proven time and again, that she cannot be trusted with your money and who has publicly declared that she is still a brainwashed robot marching to L Ron's drummer.

The logic behind giving Debbie money baffles my mind. Applying that same logic you might as well contribute to the IAS, so that Scientology can embarrass itself with more dumb legal maneuvers, like suing Debbie.

As for the brick analogy, I wouldn't wipe my ass with the brick that is Debbie Cook.

freethinker

Sponsor

I personaly would not try to convince you otherwise. She was a DM enabler and supported his vicious idea of religion and now is crying -" Not fair,not per the rules" that she was OK with breaking before a multitude of times.

She has a long way to go to make up for what she has done and likely will never get there.:yes:
I can see your point and of course you are entitled to it.

I just completely disagree with the idea of sending money to someone who has obviously proven time and again, that she cannot be trusted with your money and who has publicly declared that she is still a brainwashed robot marching to L Ron's drummer.

The logic behind giving Debbie money baffles my mind. Applying that same logic you might as well contribute to the IAS, so that Scientology can embarrass itself with more dumb legal maneuvers, like suing Debbie.

As for the brick analogy, I wouldn't wipe my ass with the brick that is Debbie Cook.

LA SCN

Yeah, and after that I want to see him in the RPF's RPF for a couple of decades eating leftovers and beans and rice. I wanna see some blisters on those soft little hands! I'd like to see a 100-person comm ev comprising a few of the people he's brutalised. I'd also like to see him pay back ever cent he has received and/or filched, plus interest, together with his bikes and cars and cowboy boots and expensive suits. Then when he's done, he can go and sit in a bad nursing home in a baaaad part of LA, for another few years. Or maybe just get offloaded with $500.

Am I'm a peaceable person for the most part.

Here's an idea. Put him in a giant automated electric potato peeler, run it a few revolutions and ask him for the entire truth about his rise to power and every single illegal, malevolent, harmful or disreputable act he's committed and / or ordered along the way. Spray him with pepper spray if he won't talk and then back in the peeler for a few more revolutions.

EP is achieved when the whole story, the full truth on it all, has been attained, he's cognited on what an outrageously suppressively evil bastard he's been, then turn off the potato peeler and get the f/n.

While still holding the can of pepper spray have him voluntarily sign an NDA stating his confession was freely given as an act of conscience and contrition on his part as an earnest penitent seeking to redeem his immortal soul. He may then receive a quarter to call someone who cares, a cold shower and a box of band-aids.
:eyeroll:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's an idea. Put him in a giant automated electric potato peeler, run it a few revolutions and ask him for the entire truth about his rise to power and every single illegal, malevolent, harmful or disreputable act he's committed and / or ordered along the way. Spray him with pepper spray if he won't talk and then back in the peeler for a few more revolutions.

EP is achieved when the whole story, the full truth on it all, has been attained, he's cognited on what an outrageously suppressively evil bastard he's been, then turn off the potato peeler and get the f/n.

While still holding the can of pepper spray have him voluntarily sign an NDA stating his confession was freely given as an act of conscience and contrition on his part as an earnest penitent seeking to redeem his immortal soul. He may then receive a quarter to call someone who cares, a cold shower and a box of band-aids.
:eyeroll:

I was getting the idea of Paul's Robot Sec Checking him.

And hook up one of those electrodes like Bill Murray had the subjects hooked up to at the beginning of the Ghostbusters movie.

I am sure Paul's Robot is so fine tuned enough that it can tell when someone is lieing. And when DM lies have that electrode go off.

And if he doesn't talk have to go off too.

But reward him too for telling truths.

Every time a truth is told have a screen with a picture of Hannibal Lectur on it say "That's very good Davey, let's see what other nice goodies we can pull out of you" and continue the Sec Check.

Rd00

RogerB

Crusader
Actually I quite like animals. :)

And thanks for the kind words, although I suspect you may have p!ssed off a few people by adopting such a reasonable attitude. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Reasonableness always upsets $cns and Ex-$cns, MAB . . . you aught to know that: or did you miss that valuable lesson of $cn by not having your services in one of those lowly "orgs." :melodramatic::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

Rog