What's new

A Brief Summary Of My Time Inside

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Adam, what a story. It seems that you got a double hit -- first of all being abandoned by your parents into the SO and then having to come out in a traumatic way (not to mention the usual treatment from the SO). I wouldn't blame you if you found it hard to forgive. I'm shocked that your mother would have been proud for you to be in the Sea Org though she herself didn't join, and that your father was so callous to your aunt. But Scientology does that to people.

All I can say is that it's great that you're out. You're clearly sensitive and thoughtful and perceptive, and those are great assets to have. I hope you'll find some comfort on this Board and that you can put your SO years behind you and move on. One good thing is that you came to your conclusions early and didn't waste decades in the SO as others did. All power to you, my friend.

Adam7986

Declared SP
Adam, read about the cult and/or cults (there are plenty - some as bad and worse than Scientology) and Psychology/Psychiatry...whatever - until you begin to tire of the whole subject (which you eventually will, in time).:p

You must be around 25 or 26 now, which is a great age to get out and simply live and do stuff. :happydance:

I am 70 now and I "did" Scientology between about age 50 and 65. :blush::duh:

Are you in school?

Do you have a job?

Evaluate your resources and get busy!

You too will be 70 and it will seem like the blink of an eye!

I know. :coolwink:

EP

You're right on the money. Am 26. I gave a great job, making good money and I plan on going back to school soon! thank you!

Adam7986

Declared SP
Hi Adam, what a story. It seems that you got a double hit -- first of all being abandoned by your parents into the SO and then having to come out in a traumatic way (not to mention the usual treatment from the SO). I wouldn't blame you if you found it hard to forgive. I'm shocked that your mother would have been proud for you to be in the Sea Org though she herself didn't join, and that your father was so callous to your aunt. But Scientology does that to people.

All I can say is that it's great that you're out. You're clearly sensitive and thoughtful and perceptive, and those are great assets to have. I hope you'll find some comfort on this Board and that you can put your SO years behind you and move on. One good thing is that you came to your conclusions early and didn't waste decades in the SO as others did. All power to you, my friend.

Thank you. I am glad that it didn't take so long too. I could not deny the inconsistencies and the fact that my dad and mom have only deteriorated financially and physically since getting into the religion.

True story, my mom is a 50.yo woman and recently the church she works at made her do overnight security! She would have been by herself. A 50 yo woman, who is frail and has no training at all in self defense is doing unarmed security at a church that had recently been broken into. Go figure. I stayed with her all night because I didn't want her alone.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
You're right on the money. Am 26. I gave a great job, making good money and I plan on going back to school soon! thank you!

This is really good news Adam! :thumbsup::clap:

You are fortunate. Many 26 year olds do not have any job - much less a good one.

Build a life for yourself and stay in touch with family as best you can. Make new friends and nurture them as well, for friends are a major resource and asset in life - sometimes moreso than family.

Your stability and the way you manage your life and all that it includes could in your future be the very thing that causes one or some of those "in" to wake up from the Scientology induced stupor and mindset. :yes:

EP

CJR

Hi Adam I am another one that scientology and one cr** parent did harm to so at least we have got some place here to find people who care. i have got a brill mam and step dad so I am better of than you are but I think me and you will be better dads when we get there because we will never want to be bad dads like ours were.I have been told so many times that scientology has no concience and some people are just like that and it looks like both of our dads have no concience about what they do their sons. i hope your brother sees what you saw and gets the hell out like you did.

Adam7986

Declared SP
Hi Adam I am another one that scientology and one cr** parent did harm to so at least we have got some place here to find people who care. i have got a brill mam and step dad so I am better of than you are but I think me and you will be better dads when we get there because we will never want to be bad dads like ours were.I have been told so many times that scientology has no concience and some people are just like that and it looks like both of our dads have no concience about what they do their sons. i hope your brother sees what you saw and gets the hell out like you did.

I wish my parents would come to their senses like I did. But they won't, I've come to gross with that. My brother is going to fit in just fine because he is a weak minded individual, unlike me.

I didn't actually leave, I got kicked out for violating the moral code. But i'm glad I did. The best decision I ever made.

I'm glad you have parents now that can take care of you.

Last edited:

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
"Also after realizing much of Scientology only works within Scientology. I have also lied to the e-meter a few times so I know it doesn't work either."

Thanks so much for sharing your story. Not unlike so many of our stories here, so you are definitely in good company! Sorry about the hurt, and I so hope that your parents will realise some time soon!

Please don't blame yourself for any of it, just pat yourself on the back for realising the truth!

WELCOME! :thumbsup:

Welcome Adam, so glad that you are out of the SO and Scientology!

Sometimes when we don't have a good family, we create a kind of family that is better than the original from friends and loved ones and their friends, and helpful people and mentors in the community. You seem like a very pro-social (good) person and I'm sure that you will make new friends as you go along with work and school.

Congratulations on being such a good survivor. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your Aunt, and the awful way that she was treated in the year before she passed on. That might have contributed to her death. Please try not to feel too guilty about not doing more for her. Hindsight is always twenty-twenty when it comes to the things we ought to have done to help others. Painful, too. This kind of bad treatment, harassment and abandonment of those who are physically ill seems systemic in Scientology. I'm always astonished when I hear people say how good Scientologists are, how kind and helpful, etc. I rarely if ever see that. What I see is brutal self interest, rampant xenophobia, money-grubbing, and a lot of cruelty (and frankly a lot of mental illness and emotional disturbance).

Your parents should have lost their parental rights for their abandonment of you to the Cult's SO. You would have been much better off in foster care, as flawed as it is. Minors cannot legally sign contracts here in this state, much less be coerced to sign, as you and many others were/are.. it's gotta stop.

Wishing you all the best, I'm glad you joined us here. I'm sure you will make some new friends here, too. :thumbsup:

It's good to have people to talk with about these things, who understand. :yes:

Let us know how things are going for you, especially with school! We love to see Ex Scientology kids go forth and thrive!!! :happydance:

LGBT is okay with me! :thumbsup: I don't care who you love, just stay safe, and have a happy life! :happydance:

Adam7986

Declared SP
Welcome Adam, so glad that you are out of the SO and Scientology!

Sometimes when we don't have a good family, we create a kind of family that is better than the original from friends and loved ones and their friends, and helpful people and mentors in the community. You seem like a very pro-social (good) person and I'm sure that you will make new friends as you go along with work and school.
Thank you so much for the post. This is exactly what I did and in large part contributed to my success in overcoming the brainwashing.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Welcome Adam! :welcome:

I am so glad we are having an influx of 2nd/3rd generation people, I've used my favourite smiley a few times lately.

The true and long lasting effects on families needs to be made known far and wide. Good on you for having the courage to swim against the tide.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
I wish my parents would come to their senses like I did. But they won't, I've come to gross with that. My brother is going to fit in just fine because he is a weak minded individual, unlike me. .

Sounds cool.

I didn't actually leave, I got kicked out for violating the moral code.

Wogs don't usually think or talk like that. I would expect, "I worked like a slave for these insane people from the time I was 15 until I was 20. When I stopped being a slave, they didn't want me anymore. Thank God!"

YOU aren't the guilty one, THEY ARE.

Aside from all the abuse, working in Scientology is a rich experience. Most people's lives are relatively boring (thankfully!)

Adam7986

Declared SP
Sounds cool.

Wogs don't usually think or talk like that. I would expect, "I worked like a slave for these insane people from the time I was 15 until I was 20. When I stopped being a slave, they didn't want me anymore. Thank God!"

YOU aren't the guilty one, THEY ARE.

Aside from all the abuse, working in Scientology is a rich experience. Most people's lives are relatively boring (thankfully!)

You gave a good point! I should think like that. It was definitely a rich experience but it left a lot of baggage behind :/

FoTi

Crusader
I know, but it hurts to know how stupid I was for listening to my father.

Welcome Adam and thank you for posting your story.

You know, we aren't born with all the information on how to live a perfect life. We all learn as we go forth and experience life. If we already knew, or were programmed from birth, with the right thing to do in every situation, none of us would make wrong moves in our lives. We wouldn't take advice that leads us in the wrong direction, no matter how much pressure was put on us, if we had absolute certainty on the right move to make, but.....we aren't built that way. We are vulnerable to influence until we learn how not to be that way, through the experience of living.

Be kind to yourself....you've had enough abuse from the world around you that you grew up in.

Thanks for coming to ESMB.