What's new

The smoking Gun

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just read this letter Debbie Cook sent to Kathy True on January 16 2012:

Excerpt:
....But I am still an important part of the biggest cover up in Scientology history. And for that, I expect a certain quid pro quo. If you expect me to help you cover up actual crimes at the Int Base, then I expect that you keep your shit together and not fly off the handle....... I am helping you cover up some things that were seriously off the rails and could be very damaging PR-wise. I would at least expect you to not antagonize me further with your bullshit.
Debbie Cook

I'm thinking there is still something more devastating she knows about and has NOT said.
She's still trying to protect LRH and still trying to be a good Scientologist.
And I bet it is actual crimes, not just slapping or degrading or hazing.

(Help, can someone insert that document here??)

Last edited:

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I just read this letter Debbie Cook sent to Kathy True on January 16 2012:

Excerpt:
....But I am still an important part of the biggest cover up in Scientology history. And for that, I expect a certain quid pro quo. If you expect me to help you cover up actual crimes at the Int Base, then I expect that you keep your shit together and not fly off the handle....... I am helping you cover up some things that were seriously off the rails and could be very damaging PR-wise. I would at least expect you to not antagonize me further with your bullshit.
Debbie Cook

I'm thinking there is still something more devastating she knows about and has NOT said.
She's still trying to protect LRH and still trying to be a good Scientologist.
And I bet it is actual crimes, not just slapping or degrading or hazing.

(Help, can someone insert that document here??)

That's exactly what I read too.
She knows about some REAL crimes (aside from Lisa McPherson).
She needs to tell all.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I'm not holding out much hope in hearing anything about Scientology's crimes from Debbie at this stage. Have you seen her interview as posted by the Tortega?

Her lawyer mentions that he has never dealt with a case where he has had to virtually drag the necessary information out of his client. Debbie goes on to say she has done what she has done in an effort to help Scientology. The Kool Aid runs deep within her. And now she has Marty by her side to keep it that way.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is her email to OSA. It was entered as "Exhibit B" in her hearing.

Thanks so much for posting this document. I think it may play a key part in events to come.

Debbie is sitting on a huge story. Maybe she believes it is the only card she has left to play and it will keep her protected. Or maybe it is her misguided belief that she is still responsible for protecting the "good pr" of LRH or Scientology (LOL!). Either way, we have to remember she is still a Kool-Aid drinking True Believer and that is what guides her over-all behavior.

I'm waiting for some other key player(s) to step forward. I think the time may be ripe.

Div6

Crusader
RTT:

The TONE of this letter smacks of Blackmail, ie: Silence for $. What I don't know is if that tack was intentional (ie: appealing to Miscavige's criminal mind) or a genuine expression from her world view. So far, she has played her cards very close to her chest, and ONLY made disparaging statements AGAINST her Scn experience under oath, in a court of law, in her own defense against a law suit BROUGHT by Scn, to enforce her silence.

Very disingenuous on the part of Ayatollah Miscavige. Going forward with this lawsuit will only bring more of the same. Not going forward leaves them wide open to a counter suit or new suit. A new "settlement" is their only hope, but the eyes of the world are now tracking this, and would view a new "settlement" unfavorably towards RCS.

Will Debbie maintain her "greatest good" stance going forward? Time will tell.

:drama:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The TONE of this letter smacks of Blackmail, ie: Silence for $.
While that is one interpretation of the letter, another is holding a rolled up newspaper up to make a dog stop barking. That is a cherished Scientology Ethics principal - tell them to get their ethics in by having a bigger threat than the bank generated out ethics.

Will it work on a sociopath like DM?

It is an interesting question - will she push him to have her restored to good standing, and them eat crow? Personally, I think not - he will try and destroy her by any means available.

You are going to need some industrial strength popcorn if he goes forward with his lawsuit....

Mimsey

freethinker

Sponsor
Debbie did not convince me at all when she talked about Hubbard and the true intention of Scientology.

It was not just because I know that she knows better, it was highly visible that she was struggling to phrase it so it would sound good and that many thoughts entered her mind as she struggled to express it.

Someone who truly believes something doesn't struggle with how to say it IMO.

Div6

Crusader
While that is one interpretation of the letter, another is holding a rolled up newspaper up to make a dog stop barking. That is a cherished Scientology Ethics principal - tell them to get their ethics in by having a bigger threat than the bank generated out ethics.

Will it work on a sociopath like DM?

It is an interesting question - will she push him to have her restored to good standing, and them eat crow? Personally, I think not - he will try and destroy her by any means available.

You are going to need some industrial strength popcorn if he goes forward with his lawsuit....

Mimsey

The rolled up newspaper has significance to the dog due to earlier incidents in the time stream where newspapers=pain for the dog. Thus the basis of the symbology for "Ethics Presence". In this instance, the RCS had already unleashed the Face Book police, and were engaged in destroying her business and reputation.

The dog wasn't barking, it was biting.

I just bought up all the Popcorn futures contracts for the next 8 months...against the better judgement of my financial advisor, who is saying that :duh:the Hollywood Blockbuster summer season is going t o be dismal this year....

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's a snippet from Tony Ortega/Village Voice:

"Update #2: OK, so maybe, right about the time I got the first video ready to go, I got called out for some margaritas and couldn't help myself. I mean, it's not every day that you get to have drinks with the guy who used to be the second-highest-ranking official in the Church of Scientology (who stuck to diet coke, because he was about to drive a hell of a long way to South Texas). And then, imagine my luck when I subsequently had dinner with a couple of great guys who I will not name but who I am damn fortunate just to have shared the same room with."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientology_wav.php

I think these may be the players that we will hear from soon. Tony is hinting that it is celebrities who want to remain nameless. Hmmm......maybe TC or JT waking up and starting to take responsibility for the monster they helped create?

Any other guesses for who it might be that would make Tony Ortega feel "damn fortunate just to have shared the same room with"???

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
WildKat;658521 ....But I am still an important part of the biggest cover up in Scientology history. And for that said:
actual crimes at the Int Base[/B], then I expect that you keep your shit together and not fly off the handle....... I am helping you cover up some things that were seriously off the rails and could be very damaging PR-wise. I would at least expect you to not antagonize me further with your bullshit.
Debbie Cook

How is it that this statement of hers is not getting a bigger protest cry from the ex-Scientology crowd and/or the Indie crowd? Debbie Cook flat out admitted to first hand participation to a criminal conspiracy and tried to coerce the Cult for her own benefit?

Why aren't people looking at this, including law enforcement, through a clear lens? I hope her attorney advised her that what she wrote (if proven in a court) could get her time behind bars. This woman was STILL willing to throw human beings under a bus for her own benefit.

It is my hope that everyone that gave money for her legal defense now realizes what they paid for.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here's a snippet from Tony Ortega/Village Voice:

"Update #2: OK, so maybe, right about the time I got the first video ready to go, I got called out for some margaritas and couldn't help myself. I mean, it's not every day that you get to have drinks with the guy who used to be the second-highest-ranking official in the Church of Scientology (who stuck to diet coke, because he was about to drive a hell of a long way to South Texas). And then, imagine my luck when I subsequently had dinner with a couple of great guys who I will not name but who I am damn fortunate just to have shared the same room with."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientology_wav.php

I think these may be the players that we will hear from soon. Tony is hinting that it is celebrities who want to remain nameless. Hmmm......maybe TC or JT waking up and starting to take responsibility for the monster they helped create?

Any other guesses for who it might be that would make Tony Ortega feel "damn fortunate just to have shared the same room with"???

Tobin and Childs.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
How is it that this statement of hers is not getting a bigger protest cry from the ex-Scientology crowd and/or the Indie crowd? Debbie Cook flat out admitted to first hand participation to a criminal conspiracy and tried to coerce the Cult for her own benefit?

Why aren't people looking at this, including law enforcement, through a clear lens? I hope her attorney advised her that what she wrote (if proven in a court) could get her time behind bars. This woman was STILL willing to throw human beings under a bus for her own benefit.

It is my hope that everyone that gave money for her legal defense now realizes what they paid for.

Yep. That letter is troubling. been mulling it over today.

I'd take a guess and say if I had experienced what she had I would also want to get the hell out of there and not look (or think) back. Particularly as the pope's own wife has mysteriously disappeared, survival of self is a priority. I'm glad she is out of the Hole.

But it is kind of creepy using 100 people held in extreme emotional, physical and spiritual distress as bargaining tools to keep her business going and her family connected.

Then there are the words about "actual crimes". Isn't physical abuse, torture, imprisonment, enslavement actual enough?