What's new

Rathbun's views on the Debbie Cook trial.

Yep. Agreed. :thumbsup:

I have to say I find it frustrating that it has to be so black and white, that I have to either say Marty is a big piece of shit never to be believed, worthless, no value scum bag or, if I say something positive it means I am an apologist, can't see any of the totally horrendous things he's done, etc.

I don't operate that way.

Some people simply cannot ever give him even an ounce of credit for anything and communicate with such seething contempt at all times. To me, that inflexibility of mind is also a trap and it makes ME feel small minded. I actually keep that nimbleness of perception more for myself than for Marty, etc.

I have said over and over that I think he is thug. I've called him an asshole. I have called him out on his blog. I hardly ever post there anymore. I think he is running a little cult over there in many ways but I can still communicate in other ways without becoming a sycophant of Marty's for goodness sake.

To me it doesn't seem so much to be a matter of not appreciating that there are different apects to personality/character. I think I understand Marty's appeal.
I can see the "little boy" in him. He knows how to press sentimentality buttons, not only because he is trained to press buttons to elicit useful responses, but I believe that the "teddy bear" thing you referred to in another post is really part of his character. I can see that (I don't know if others see it or believe it is there).

But I think that the "thug" side of him is far far more important. So much so that the other aspect I just mentioned seems hardly worth mentioning. Certainly not as a way of trying to see the good in someone who is...well, just read Mark Bakers last post. BTW, I haven't seen the car door incident, but I don't think a situation like that (as described) is all that important because zillions of people do things like that under provocation etc. The thuggery I think of is what he did for the cult, some of it described/confirmed as gag order procedures. When he said that what the stuff he used to do, there was no comment of regret, or how bad it was, or how nasty to victims. Why? Because he only wanted to support Debbie to attack Dave. He did not say the actions were WRONG, because he was applying LRH policy and there is no reason to think he would not do it again. Has he said he would never do this shit again? He was just agreeing that the mechanics were as stated.
I'm starting to ramble a bit. My main point is, I don't know if its true that people do not see different aspects of Marty's Character. I think they do but they think that his thug elements are still way too much of a serious ongoing purpose to be bothered about the goodness there may be in him.
FWIW. I think people see the complexity of Debbie too.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
You make an extremely persuasive argument here and I know how much you are NOT a hater, at all. I think what is happening for me is that I am having a hard time confronting it all. Like I said, it's surreal.

The truth is that when I read the very passage that you had earlier highlighted, I was absolutely disgusted, said it out loud to my husband as I read it and felt exactly the same way as you and others have described.

I don't have 4 decades of experience with all of this. Up until a year and half ago, I didn't even know who Marty Rathbun was and I thought I was supposed to respect Mike Rinder as a top exec.

I have not been abused by these people but I have read the stories. I think my mind keeps bouncing me out of the reality of it all, saying, "no this can't be".

I also see that certain people can jump on a particular band wagon just, cuz, and I find the snarky carping to be annoying when it, itself, doesn't seem to be coming from a thoughtful place but simply to spew some prevailing attitude. It particularly annoys me when it comes from some armchair evaluation. Sometimes it's easy to point fingers via words on a computer screen.

I do agree that the whole truth needs to come out and that no one should get a free pass, myself included. That's why I spoke to the media.

One thing I do believe is that if a person refuses to acknowledge what they have done to harm others, most likely mounting pressure from others will not result in that acknowledgment and conversely when that person finally comes to grips with his or her moral infractions, there will not be a single person who will be a harsher judge of that person than him or herself.

I hate being a judge. It feels wrong. That doesn't mean I don't think that justice needs to be served. I most certainly do. I am just of the belief that it will occur and that I myself don't need to be overly concerned about it to the point of upset.

I have called Marty out. I am very open about what I believe and I don't think I am a big push over. I sincerely do not want the fact that I am not jumping all over the guy all the time to be construed as giving him a pass.

I love you Synthia, I really do. There has rarely been a poster here (IMO) that has said so much truth, with such passion and logic combined, as you. Often you say things I wish I could... so just wanted you to know you are an inspiration for me. And the thing that is amazing is that very fact that you haven't been 'out and about' for very long really.

I admit to not being in the best of moods today... it's just that sometimes the enormity of the destruction scientology has caused in the lives of people I know really hits me - again. I don't know R&R personally either, yet the words they write embody the attitudes I despise. The ingrained 'elite' stuff, the "Hubbard is all good" stuff, the "something is wrong with you if you don't agree" stuff etc. I live with the effects of that daily and it makes me want to scream sometimes.

And yes, I do realise that these are my issues. However I am pretty sure I am not alone in that.

I also believe in "what goes around comes around" and have no doubt that R&R will feel the effects of that at some time. Meantime I try and highlight those destructive attitudes...for the lurkers as well. Maybe it's judgemental, but I only have to read what Bea and so many others have suffered and then I don't care if it is. :biggrin:

Thankyou for this post!

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I've always felt that Mike Rinder is a good guy that got absolutely trapped (way more than most of us did) in the cultic madness, to the point that it would be almost impossible to extricate himself now.

He has lost his family too.

Just saying.

:eyeroll:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm gonna join in the kudos for Synthia, since the opportunity has arisen.

Anyone who's managed to go from being a scientologist a year and a half or so ago to where Synthia is today, able to confront the real truth out there (not just the easy to digest, on a gradient, what I'm comfortable reading at this pt. Truth) Then change their viewpoint to the realistic, no bullshit, hard truth about Scientology; then continue on by being here posting, debating and reading to learn even more - has my utmost respect.

There would be a lot less frustration on ESMB if the people who finally leave the CoS had the mental fortitude and courage of Synthia. (and other awesome chicks like Emma.) rather than having taking the first step, then stopping in Martyland because it comfortable and soothes the ego.

The truth can set you free if you will accept it, not just look for something that's psychological comfortable.

Sindy

Crusader
I love you Synthia, I really do. There has rarely been a poster here (IMO) that has said so much truth, with such passion and logic combined, as you. Often you say things I wish I could... so just wanted you to know you are an inspiration for me. And the thing that is amazing is that very fact that you haven't been 'out and about' for very long really.

I admit to not being in the best of moods today... it's just that sometimes the enormity of the destruction scientology has caused in the lives of people I know really hits me - again. I don't know R&R personally either, yet the words they write embody the attitudes I despise. The ingrained 'elite' stuff, the "Hubbard is all good" stuff, the "something is wrong with you if you don't agree" stuff etc. I live with the effects of that daily and it makes me want to scream sometimes.

And yes, I do realise that these are my issues. However I am pretty sure I am not alone in that.

I also believe in "what goes around comes around" and have no doubt that R&R will feel the effects of that at some time. Meantime I try and highlight those destructive attitudes...for the lurkers as well. Maybe it's judgemental, but I only have to read what Bea and so many others have suffered and then I don't care if it is. :biggrin:

Thankyou for this post!

I am in tears right now. Thank you so much. I love you too - very much and that is the reason I changed my mind and erased what I said. I didn't want you to feel that I was disagreeing with you or saying you were in any way, shape or form, wrong.

You're not. You're right.

My confront on this stuff needs to come up a bit, I think.

:hug:

Sindy

Crusader
I'm gonna join in the kudos for Synthia, since the opportunity has arisen.

Anyone who's managed to go from being a scientologist a year and a half or so ago to where Synthia is today, able to confront the real truth out there (not just the easy to digest, on a gradient, what I'm comfortable reading at this pt. Truth) Then change their viewpoint to the realistic, no bullshit, hard truth about Scientology; then continue on by being here posting, debating and reading to learn even more - has my utmost respect.

There would be a lot less frustration on ESMB if the people who finally leave the CoS had the mental fortitude and courage of Synthia. (and other awesome chicks like Emma.) rather than having taking the first step, then stopping in Martyland because it comfortable and soothes the ego.

The truth can set you free if you will accept it, not just look for something that's psychological comfortable.

Thank you. Lately I've actually been thinking, "I wonder if I am wearing out my welcome on ESMB?" I feel like I am so opinionated sometimes and have wondered if familiarity was breeding contempt :ohmy:

I feel better now.

Thanks.

BunnySkull

Thank you. Lately I've actually been thinking, "I wonder if I am wearing out my welcome on ESMB?" I feel like I am so opinionated sometimes and have wondered if familiarity was breeding contempt :ohmy:

I feel better now.

Thanks.

Far from it. I actually think it's really important to have people who left in the recent past - they have knowledge of recent conditions and goings on, plus they have a still fresh perspective on what's it like when someone leaves and is faced with what can be a title wave of info. Not to mention you are thoughtful and informative when you write.

However, it does kind of make it easy to get aggravated with those unlike yourself who leave and then seem to want only truth they like spoon fed slowly to them. Like in my mind everyone leaving the CoS should be similar to you, but sadly the opposite seems to be true.

I actually have a theory/opinion on why -I think some of these people left not because they discovered some truth or couldn't ignore the obvious, but because of their own personal treatment at an org or flag chapped their ass. They are still true blue believers and Martyland is custom made for them - since it seems Martys big reason for leaving was HIM being put in the hole, never mind all those others in there, or covering up the death of innocent an innocent woman. Nope, but Marty being disrespected and abused, he drew the line then. People who left because of some of the onion bing peeled and cognition of truths are probably going to travel the full road out of cult think, but those who left because of being insulted by their treatment and the like seem to have a much longer road - maybe because they still have yet to have any insight to the real truth behind Scio. It's not physically leaving the CoS that's as important as having that first real insight into the lie.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I am in tears right now. Thank you so much. I love you too - very much and that is the reason I changed my mind and erased what I said. I didn't want you to feel that I was disagreeing with you or saying you were in any way, shape or form, wrong.

You're not. You're right.

My confront on this stuff needs to come up a bit, I think.

:hug:

I saw you deleted your post after I hit send....I decided there was no way I would delete the copy in my post.

Forget about "getting your confront up"... you are a fabulous example of what IS possible when you leave. Hats off to you baby, it took me a lot longer! And if familiarity breeds contempt then I'm fucked. :biggrin:

Cherished

I feel better now.

Thanks.
I'd like "in" on this group hug.

Sindy, I can't imagine you ever wearing out your welcome. I have been struck over and over reading your posts at how ably you grapple with the issues, seeing them from various sides, thinking through how different people might be thinking and feeling, balancing and taking great care to try and get the balance right.

You are a wonderful human being and a wonderful communicator.

<3

Sindy

Crusader
I'd like "in" on this group hug.

Sindy, I can't imagine you ever wearing out your welcome. I have been struck over and over reading your posts at how ably you grapple with the issues, seeing them from various sides, thinking through how different people might be thinking and feeling, balancing and taking great care to try and get the balance right.

You are a wonderful human being and a wonderful communicator.

<3

:grouphug: My husband, reading over my shoulder, noticed that you are exhibiting these same characteristics that you are describing. :)

Feral

Rogue male
I get you point but I can't compare doctors, firefighters, etc... Who provide a real valuable service to M&M's campaign to be LRH's bestest loyal officers. Also, just because they aren't filthy rich doesnt make any better, I'm sure if the donations supporting were x10 they wouldn't be complaining it was too much.

That we don't agree with the practice is neither here nor there. The Indies do.

Also, this is a defense fundraiser, not of the tech but of a person. Where I live the hat often gets passed around when someone is in strife.

I guess I find it to similar to how the CoS makes people pay all this money to go up the bridge, then low and behold we found an error in transcription so now you need to pay thru the nose to redo the levels due to CoS's mistake.

The bridge was a scam that DM found a way to perpetuate, it was tragic. But you know the evil transcriptionist was only one in a noble line of scapegoats.

It is not so similar to this.

For decades you had M&M supporting CoS and demanding members go into extreme debt to fund it, they were a big part of that corrupt system. Now they've decided it's wrong and want people to support their new indie Scientology. All that stuff you paid for before was wrong, so please give us money to support this new version and wipe out the old one you spent thousands upon. We are really sure this is the right version this time!

I have my own beef with that. As well, Debbie Cook was the gate keeper at Flag, a place that I was public for 15 years. Even if all of the tech prior to that had failed to do anything at all, it still would have been good with me compared to my Flag experience. I did not donate.

But, perhaps I should have, just to contribute to the toxic little asthmatic dwarf's fall. I just couldn't throw good money after bad.
No matter which sign of the coin members are still paying. I find it telling that no matter where on the "supporting LRH's Scientology" you are on the spectrum - it cost money. One thing all people trying to save/ support Scientology have in common - paying and paying for others mistakes.

There is a tight group of Indies that are dedicated to purging their consciences by getting DM jailed. Let them, I say. It's a good act of contrition.

Feral

Rogue male
Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
You make an extremely persuasive argument here and I know how much you are NOT a hater, at all. I think what is happening for me is that I am having a hard time confronting it all. Like I said, it's surreal.

The truth is that when I read the very passage that you had earlier highlighted, I was absolutely disgusted, said it out loud to my husband as I read it and felt exactly the same way as you and others have described.

I don't have 4 decades of experience with all of this. Up until a year and half ago, I didn't even know who Marty Rathbun was and I thought I was supposed to respect Mike Rinder as a top exec.

I have not been abused by these people but I have read the stories. I think my mind keeps bouncing me out of the reality of it all, saying, "no this can't be".

I also see that certain people can jump on a particular band wagon just, cuz, and I find the snarky carping to be annoying when it, itself, doesn't seem to be coming from a thoughtful place but simply to spew some prevailing attitude. It particularly annoys me when it comes from some armchair evaluation. Sometimes it's easy to point fingers via words on a computer screen.

I do agree that the whole truth needs to come out and that no one should get a free pass, myself included. That's why I spoke to the media.

One thing I do believe is that if a person refuses to acknowledge what they have done to harm others, most likely mounting pressure from others will not result in that acknowledgment and conversely when that person finally comes to grips with his or her moral infractions, there will not be a single person who will be a harsher judge of that person than him or herself.

I hate being a judge. It feels wrong. That doesn't mean I don't think that justice needs to be served. I most certainly do. I am just of the belief that it will occur and that I myself don't need to be overly concerned about it to the point of upset.

I have called Marty out. I am very open about what I believe and I don't think I am a big push over. I sincerely do not want the fact that I am not jumping all over the guy all the time to be construed as giving him a pass.

Nice.

I had the same reaction but thought it counter productive to mention it, I've changed my mind. I hope you don't mind me quoting this Sindy.

Marty's description of his ops made my blood run cold. He wasn't confessing, he was skiting. Fuck that, and now he calls Gerry a punk, hmph.

I guess if you completley destroy a man who was doing the right thing according to his conscience you'd better believe he's a punk.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Just looking at the comments on this article... watch this guy SS who makes a valid comment get dogpiled ... sometimes I can't believe this stuff.

Brad | February 12, 2012 at 7:20 am | Reply

Well, my morale is up. Thanks, Marty, Mike and Debbie and her attorney, and everyone that contributed. I have been a Scientologist for 20 years and I do not want this wonderful technology to fade from the earth. I have seen it work miracles. I have a hunch that the media and many people of earth actually want the tech and they know, somewhere below their conscious level, that there is something to it. This has to be the truth because they are thetans and they got here just like the rest of us and we all knew the rules before we violated them and got crushed. Non-Scientologists won’t admit it, but even though they won’t, why are they watching? Why is there any media interest? They want Marty and his team to win so Scientology can be available to them in a safe environment. This is obvious if you have a conceptual understanding or Scientology philosophy in it’s entirety. You’re a superstar Marty and light will shine on the Earth because you helped. I know you assisted Miscavige for a while, but if you hadn’t you wouldn’t be so aware of his every move and how to combat him. Think about it.
------
SS | February 12, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Reply

Hi Brad,

I’m not a Scientologist, nor have I ever (to my knowledge) even been acquainted with a Scientologist. However, I do follow closely this blog and other news coverage regarding the ongoing implosion of the COS. I do so because I’m appalled by the testimonies of the many who’ve suffered abuse at the hands of the COS and I believe David Miscavige is truly one of the most warped and evil human beings walking the face of the planet. I’m sickened by the control the COS, under Miscavige, tries to impose on others, I’m baffled as to how these atrocities are allowed to occur with no interference from law enforcement, and I follow because I hope to one day tune in to finally see this “man” in handcuffs.

I have immense respect for the strength many of you Independents summoned to break from and battle the COS. I believe a person should be able to worship a tap-dancing duck-billed platypus if he/she so chooses, as long as that person is not harming another. And, as evidenced by this latest episode, this community seems to have helping each other at heart…. as opposed to the preying on each other mentality within the COS. I pull for you guys.

That being said, I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the public craving the tech. I do not have a high opinion of Hubbard’s morality and I’ve read far too many accounts of suicides and psychotic breaks to ever submit my mind to the mercy of any technique he developed. There is so much negative information associated with the COS and it’s history, all available on the net. In my opinion, any sane person that might have a notion to get involved will be scared shit-less after a minimal amount of research.

I think most people are riveted because they want to see justice done. I wish there was more media coverage as that would increase pressure on law enforcement agencies to do something.
-----------------------------------

Brad | February 12, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Reply

You know you want some. You’ll get it one day. Hang in there, baby.
---------------------
Brad | February 12, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Reply

Also, I didn’t say public are craving the tech. I said below the conscious level, that means you are not aware of it. One thing non-scientology public need is study tech. Knowing the definitions of words. It’s crucial to understanding written or spoken communication. Please re-read my post and use a dictionary to define the words that you don’t understand.

-------------------------------------
SS | February 13, 2012 at 3:03 am | Reply

“You know you want some. You’ll get it one day. Hang in there, baby”

Ha, maybe so…. we’ll see. Like you said, I may be subconsciously wanting it.

“Craving” was a poor choice of words on my part, but I didn’t misunderstand any words in your post the first time around. I was just trying to express that the tech and any form of Scientology probably has a real uphill battle considering how it is viewed by the public at large. I think most people hear Scientology and think Tom Cruise and space aliens, but I wish more would get educated on the behavior of the COS itself and share in the outrage.

I agree that word clearing is supremely important and I’m sure the Study Tech has benefits, I know very little about it. I have, however, seen and read many accounts where kids who grew up in the church would then lament how far behind they were in certain areas when finally attending a wog school or college.

I do hope you as a group are able to continue to open the eyes of more current devotees and provide a safe harbor for those who do wish to practice Scientology.

---------------------------------------
SKM | February 13, 2012 at 12:28 am | Reply

“I do not have a high opinion of Hubbard’s morality…”
Study his works, not the man.
Try to use some Scientology Tech.
Do a touch assist on someone you know or do some self-analysis lists on yourself.

Enjoy the results.
-----------------------------------
SS | February 13, 2012 at 3:37 am | Reply

Hi SKM,

I did read Dianetics about ten years ago. I knew nothing about Scientology at the time and found it bizarre anyway. I wondered why I’d never heard of most of the concepts, now I know it’s because they were eschewed by the mainstream.

You said “study his works, not the man.” This is a real problem for me since we’re dealing with a supposed spiritual/religious teacher. If we’re talking music, I’ve got no problem enjoying the products of an artist who hasn’t lived by the highest moral code…… as evidenced by my love of Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Stones, etc……. But spiritual guidance from someone of Hubbard’s reputation is a tough sale.

But, to each his own. If it works for you, that’s all that matters…… as long as no one else is getting hurt in the process. That’s why DM must fall.

----------------------------------------
martyrathbun09 | February 13, 2012 at 3:41 am | Reply

Your statement here, comparing Hubbard to the Stones and Zeppelin indicates you are a hypocrite: “from someone of Hubbard’s reputation”. Open your mind, or find a hate forum.

-------------------------------------
SS | February 13, 2012 at 4:27 am | Reply

No hate here, Marty….. on the contrary much admiration. Just trying to make the point that I believe many people expect their spiritual leaders to be above reproach. I really don’t think my statement was hypocritical as I’d sure as hell never sign up for a religion shepherded by Keith Richards, although that would be good for some laughs.

SpecialFrog

Speaking of Study Tech, does Marty need to Word Clear "hypocrite"? I can't remotely see how that word applies here.

Veda

Sponsor
Just looking at the comments on this article... watch this guy SS who makes a valid comment get dogpiled ... sometimes I can't believe this stuff.

That Marty Rathbun regards this fellow's comments as "hate" is telling, and significant, since Rathbun is setting the example for the other Independent Scientologists.

What Marty appears to be doing when he allows "hate" comments through, is attempting to informally train his followers as "Intel-PR Officers," who can interact with "SPs" and "DBs" without being shaken, and as high level "LRH Public Relations Officers," who can interact with the modern "wog" world of the Internet in the "information age" and, somehow, hold intact their Scientology conditioning and LRH fan club-ism, and encourage others to do so also. It's necessary for them to be exposed to a certain amount of "wog" and "SP" "entheta" to inoculate them, and build up their immunity to that "entheta."

They need to be able to watch videos such as this excerpt from a BBC program from over ten years ago, and rationalize it away, like any good Scientologists would, except that, now, in the "information age," their capacity for self-rationalization (to maintain their own stability as LRH fans) must be "moved on up a little higher."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cwT-nmpZJg&feature=related

By the way, is there are news on Marty Rathbun's upcoming book? It should be out soon.

Below re-posted as a public service:

One chapter at least has to be about RON.

"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any other civilian figure. One cumulative effect of it all was to one degree or another de-humanize him in the public eye. We see remnants of those effects to this day. Tony Ortega has even come to the conclusion that my mission -and the mission of many independents - is made hopeless by this historical landscape. The landscape is not easy to conceptualize given its long lived nature and Miscavige's daily efforts to make the myths a reality. Providing context to the entire picture is a long term project that I never lose sight of, but unfortunately I have not found the time to devote to it that it deserves."

Marty Rathbun, from his Blog, September 30, 2011

I assume that the Cold War establishment includes not only the USA Cold War establishment, but also the Cold War establishment of the, then, Soviet Union.

As far as I can decipher this at this time, this appears to be an attempt to compartmentalize the "besmirching of L. Ron Hubbard's good name" to a period concurrent with the Cold War (1946 -1991 or so). The USA establishment didn't change in the early 1990s, but the Russian establishment did with the fall of the Soviet Union.

How does this make sense? Or is it just another public opinion manipulation ploy?

As for the attempts to "de-humanize" Hubbard in the public mind, an early attempt is described by Hubbard in his confidential issue, "Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection' of 2 December 1969. It describes events of 1950:

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit...

"Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Cal Tech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League...

"This was a full war against Dianetics..."

Note: all the above parentheses are from the original.

And regarding the same time period...

From a 1977 recorded message, 'Can we Ever Be Friends?':

"Possibly any trouble Dianetics or Scientology ever had began on May 9, 1950 when the U.S government, excited by the possibility of Hubbard's work, sought to force him into classified government service.

"In Washington, they told him they wanted him to work on projects to make people more suggestible. When he declined they threatened and, typically, he refused to bow.

"And the war between the government and Scientology was on."

There's another version of this from the 1978 edition of 'What is Scientology?'. It ends with:

"The government never forgave him for this and soon began vicious, covert international attacks on his work. "

The above two accounts, re. the U.S. government, were taken from a recorded lecture from the early 1950s.

* * *​

Sounds like Marty is planning to write the authoritative biography on L. Ron Hubbard, one that will, once and for all, bring to an end the Cold War-era besmirching of L.Ron Hubbard's good name.

Some Independent Scientologists have expressed disappointment that Dan Sherman of the CofS never wrote that LRH-sympathetic biography that has been in the works for decades. The belief seems to be that such a biography - skillfully written - could rehabilitate LRH's reputation and image, and that the last thing that Miscavige wants is for LRH to be "well thought of" by the general ("wog") public. Hence, no book.

Marty's Factor #11:

"Miscavige has run a continuous propaganda campaign attempting to besmirch the good name of L. Ron Hubbard. He has continually given little interest or funds for defending public relations attacks on L. Ron Hubbard."

This book could be a total embarrassment or, if cleverly done, with some help from others, and applying, amongst other things, the, so far, fairly effective maxim of being "the attacker of popularly considered evils," etc., it might become a new "stable datum" for the new era of Hubbardites.