What's new

Scientology Moving to Secure Its 'Right' to Kill Again

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm only quoting from:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Scientology/ReleaseForms/Introspection.html

"Rather than assure its members that it would never repeat the horrors of what happened to Lisa McPherson, what Scientology is saying in this release form is: "We were not wrong to hold Lisa against her will and deprive her of medical attention and leave her to die. We were never wrong. And to assure you that we weren't, we're going to do the same thing again...exactly the same way... possibly to YOU! Here: sign this. And please note that after signing this, you cannot hold us accountable or sue us if we do decide to do this to you."

Clearly, Scientology's private position is that their mistake wasn't in killing Lisa McPherson; it was in not having a signed release form saying it was okay to do so. This contrasts with the proposal Scientology leader David Miscavige tried to negotiate with the Florida State Attorney, Bernie McCabe, under which Scientology would take steps to ensure that its members receive appropriate medical treatment in the future if McCabe dropped the criminal charges in the McPherson case. McCabe's scathing rejection of this offer questioned why Scientology has not already taken these steps."

In my opinion this shows again very clearly how insane, criminal, inhuman and crazy this organization is.

Love

Markus

Sharone Stainforth

I'm only quoting from:

"Rather than assure its members that it would never repeat the horrors of what happened to Lisa McPherson, what Scientology is saying in this release form is: "We were not wrong to hold Lisa against her will and deprive her of medical attention and leave her to die. We were never wrong. And to assure you that we weren't, we're going to do the same thing again...exactly the same way... possibly to YOU! Here: sign this. And please note that after signing this, you cannot hold us accountable or sue us if we do decide to do this to you."

Clearly, Scientology's private position is that their mistake wasn't in killing Lisa McPherson; it was in not having a signed release form saying it was okay to do so. This contrasts with the proposal Scientology leader David Miscavige tried to negotiate with the Florida State Attorney, Bernie McCabe, under which Scientology would take steps to ensure that its members receive appropriate medical treatment in the future if McCabe dropped the criminal charges in the McPherson case. McCabe's scathing rejection of this offer questioned why Scientology has not already taken these steps."

In my opinion this shows again very clearly how insane, criminal, inhuman and crazy this organization is.

Love

Markus

Scientology's private position is that they can do no wrong, L. Ron Hubbard had all the answers, which he quite clearly did not.

It is quite clear that locking people up and "baby watching" them is an extremely common occurrence in Scientology. It is not going to stop any time soon. This organization has been getting away with this for almost 60 years.It is insane,it is criminal, it is inhuman and it is definitely very crazy, which is most definitely a reflection of it's founder.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I'm only quoting from:

Love

Markus

It means that they are a legitimate religion about to turn mainstream.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology's private position is that they can do no wrong, L. Ron Hubbard had all the answers, which he quite clearly did not.

It is quite clear that locking people up and "baby watching" them is an extremely common occurrence in Scientology. It is not going to stop any time soon. This organization has been getting away with this for almost 60 years.It is insane,it is criminal, it is inhuman and it is definitely very crazy, which is most definitely a reflection of it's founder.

So true, Sharone, it even happens in Class V Orgs. I did "baby watching" and I was "baby watched" myself. Thank you for bringing that up. What kind of fucking bullshit is that?! :angry: :no:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I've felt that I've understood the depths of their insanity, criminality, and inhumanity, but I'll repeatedly come across new information that shocks me.

angelfood

Ok, I'll bite. Musta hit a button. My first exposure to Scientology was "Dianetics" with the volcano. Read with interest until he describes the Auditing procedure where you are kept in a room for hours and hours. I immediately shut the book and threw in a box and never thought about it again, til I got a computer!
When I got a computer, I went to Scientology site and took OCA test, then ended up on Operation Clambake and then unplugged the computer! Luckily noone ever contacted me about test and have now been on mailing list for 20 years!
After receiving 2008? Basics CD, they finally called! And called and called! I met a very nice woman named Karen in LA, and a couple of kids in Florida. For some reason they quit calling me I think I ask the wrong questions so now I just get mail.
I now have a Scientology drama addiction!

Markus

Right. This is why a reformed Church of Scientology will be insane, criminal, inhuman and crazy too.

Love

Markus

Petey C

I'm only quoting from:

Love

Markus

There's something very weird and wrong about a "church" that would go to such absurd lengths to absolve itself from any liability, particularly when a "parishioner" has paid so much money for services that Scientologists swear are so workable. If that were true, why would so many legal waivers be needed? Just do it already.

I've never heard of any other religion demanding waivers for confessions, communion, marriages, exorcisms, baptisms, whatever else they do. ("Madam, before we baptise your child we need you to sign this waiver so that if your kid doesn't turn out right, we're not to blame.")

I can't understand why the Scios don't recognise how crazy, paranoid and obsessive it makes them look. I guess when you feel besieged and beleaguered (as they must) then everything is normal, including waivering your own parishioners up the yazoo.

Markus, you're right.

Dean Blair

Ok, I'll bite. Musta hit a button. My first exposure to Scientology was "Dianetics" with the volcano. Read with interest until he describes the Auditing procedure where you are kept in a room for hours and hours. I immediately shut the book and threw in a box and never thought about it again, til I got a computer!
When I got a computer, I went to Scientology site and took OCA test, then ended up on Operation Clambake and then unplugged the computer! Luckily noone ever contacted me about test and have now been on mailing list for 20 years!
After receiving 2008? Basics CD, they finally called! And called and called! I met a very nice woman named Karen in LA, and a couple of kids in Florida. For some reason they quit calling me I think I ask the wrong questions so now I just get mail.
I now have a Scientology drama addiction!

Man, I wish I would have had the internet back in 1969. Unfortunately I did not and got too involved in the cult and believed it was good.

Sharone Stainforth

If the internet had been around in 1969, I don't think any of us would be here now.

However if that was the case, there's a lot of good people I would never have met.

Have a good day, everyone!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
It is quite clear that locking people up and "baby watching" them is an extremely common occurrence in Scientology. It is not going to stop any time soon.

This is an understatement, believe me.

When I was in there were so many "Type IIIs" my org was considered responsible for that every Thursday at Ad Council there was a "Watch WQSB". What that was was a schedule of who was going to do what watches when. The divs had to cough up people to do them.

Naturally, those who were considered to be "vital" like auditors and regges, weren't given up. That left people like folder admins and just-off-the-EPFers.

This meant that brand new green staff members often wound up with these jobs of babysitting these people who had gone psychotic.

Most of the time these people were not on the base; they were at some other location away from the org. But staff were still used to watch them.

People hear about the McPherson case and they think it was an isolated incident. It wasn't. Not by a long shot. My org not only had Type IIIs under watch, we had more than one at a time. It's quite possible Flag had the same situation. It seemed like it was people on their OT Levels who flipped out, and it was the org who delivered their OT Levels who was considered to be responsible for them, even if they were on lines at some other org when it happened. So, it's likely Flag got quite a few of these situations.

If anyone positing on this board was Flag staff, it would be interesting to know if that was indeed the case.