What's new

CoS Srikes Back! Well, Sort Of....

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is their statement from Feb 15, another attempt at DAing Debbie Cook.

I will post it here in its entirelty then I will create anotehr post with my comments regarding their statements.

Rd00

STATEMENT ON DEBBIE COOK BAUMGARTEN
15 February 2012

The real story is the explosive worldwide growth of the Church of Scientology.

Since 2010, in California alone, the Church has opened 4 new Ideal Churches of
Scientology: in Hollywood; Pasadena; Inglewood; and, just 2 weeks ago, in
Sacramento.

In the past 5 years, the Church has additionally opened 25 new Ideal
Churches of Scientology in cities as diverse as London, Rome, Brussels, Moscow,
Melbourne, Quebec, Hamburg and all over the United States.

In 2012, there are an additional 15 new Churches of Scientology scheduled for Grand Opening, including our spiritual mecca in Florida—a 375-thousand square foot facility to minister to Scientologists from all over the world.

Additionally, in Los Angeles, in 2009 the Church established the largest and most
state-of-the-art all-digital publishing house on Earth, dedicated to the production of
our Founder’s scriptures. Since then, the facility has produced and disseminated
over 97 million books and lectures (on compact disc) world over.

In 2010 the Church further established the largest printing and manufacturing plant in the U.S. solely dedicated to the production of humanitarian programs and materials.

Consequently, the Church’s Truth About Drugs and United for Human Rights
programs are now reaching tens of millions each year.

All of this expansion is date coincident with the removal of Ms. Cook and a few
other select individuals that make up their posse of apostates—a fact of which they are well aware and extremely bitter. Ms. Cook failed to tell the actual story:

That she left the Church more than 4 years ago;
That she departed with substantial consideration;
That when she burned through her money she began threatening the Church and
demanded “quid pro quo” to continue honoring her agreements;
That she lied about her status to Scientology parishioners in an attempt to profit
financially from their goodwill;
That she had joined a heretical (squirrel) group.

Ms. Cook and her husband were sued by the Church for violation of their legal
covenants. It is evident that their purpose in violating the agreement was to extort
the Church for more money. Her new, sensationalistic and revisionist stories of
“experiences” in the Church are belied by all of the above, as well as numerous
written and video statements by her which are in the Church’s possession. Any
further statements Ms. Cook or her husband make in violation of their agreements
will only increase the damages they ultimately will have to pay.

Ms. Cook and her husband are simply bitter, defrocked apostates, attempting to
spread falsehoods for personal gain. Both Ms. Cook and her husband are expelled from the Church, are prohibited from calling themselves Scientologists or ever again entering one of our Churches.

Accurate information about Scientology and its leadership is available for anyone
to see by visiting our website: Scientology.org.

maliauctor

Patron
Date coincident to when she left, we began shoveling millions of dollars into unnecessary buildings, the purchase and subsequent upkeep of which is crippling our public and our organizations. :duh:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
15 February 2012

Ahh, you be back for more, mon? Well let’s get on with it. I can’t be waitin’ to be seeing all the smoke and mirrors that ye be havin’ ta offer us, mon. Perpare to be pwned, mon.

Since 2010, in California alone, the Church has opened 4 new Ideal Churches of
Scientology: in Hollywood; Pasadena; Inglewood; and, just 2 weeks ago, in
Sacramento.

In the past 5 years, the Church has additionally opened 25 new Ideal
Churches of Scientology in cities as diverse as London, Rome, Brussels, Moscow,
Melbourne, Quebec, Hamburg and all over the United States.

In 2012, there are an additional 15 new Churches of Scientology scheduled for Grand Opening, including our spiritual mecca in Florida—a 375-thousand square foot facility to minister to Scientologists from all over the world.

Ahh, very tricky. Mon. You start off your passive aggressive tirade with statements that many might construe as being true. Yes, mon, you did open up all of these places. And that be very a nice sleight of hand gesture on your part, mon, that by saying this all the people might then be expected to believe everything else you be sayin’ from here on in about Debbie Cook.

I do want to add mon, that you make it sound like these Churches are all “new, new, new” as in they are not replacements of any churches that already be existing, mon. But the world at large and your faithful followers can’t see through your subterfuge for now you have them all hooked on the rest of what you are about to say, mon.

Additionally, in Los Angeles, in 2009 the Church established the largest and most
state-of-the-art all-digital publishing house on Earth, dedicated to the production of
our Founder’s scriptures. Since then, the facility has produced and disseminated
over 97 million books and lectures (on compact disc) world over.

In 2010 the Church further established the largest printing and manufacturing plant in the U.S. solely dedicated to the production of humanitarian programs and materials.

Hey mon, this all be nice and fine and dandy but to those who of us who are better informed we know that you are still very much behind the mainstream civilization in dissemination techniques. Your dissemination technology is big and creates pretty pieces of literature and promo, but all ye are doing is redistributing works of your great founder to those who already have them. And your dreams of filling the librairies of Teegeeack with all of these books is an epic fail, mon

Consequently, the Church’s Truth About Drugs and United for Human Rights
programs are now reaching tens of millions each year.

And once again, mon, use something as trivial as this to try to set the bait for what is to follow. Okay, mon, let’s see what lies ahead..

All of this expansion is date coincident with the removal of Ms. Cook and a few
other select individuals that make up their posse of apostates—a fact of which they are well aware and extremely bitter. Ms. Cook failed to tell the actual story:

Hey mon, I do suppose you have done all of the Analysis of Variance models on this as well as Regression Models and have determined a legitimate coefficient of correlation that shows this to be a valid correlation. Since you bring up the subject of causation and trends, I will do the same. Did you notice that once you “removed” Debbie Cook from her post, the collapse of the banks began “date coincident” and climaxed a year later in one of the worst debacles in the 21st century financial world. See how bad you OTs have made the rest of the world suffer because you kicked out an upstat. Hey mon, don’t look at me, I just be using LRH upstat/downstat policy to point this out to you, mon.

That she left the Church more than 4 years ago;

So she left and the Church declared her for publically departing Scientology? Show us the SP Declare Dox, or shut uppa you face, mon.

That she departed with substantial consideration;

That be a lie, mon. What she left with was reimbursed employee expenses. mon, and at that you did not even pay her back all of the employee expenses that you owed to her. Why do I say this, mon? Because you did not submit a 1099 or W2 to her or the IRS, mon. Sorry, mon, but I have to say that you did another epic fail there because if it was consideration you would have reported it to the IRS like any honest abiding organization would have done.

That when she burned through her money…

Hey what am I thinking, mon? Any person who used to be in the Sea Org should have been able to make $50,000 last 40 or 50 years considering that they should know how to survive on $50/ week. You got me on that one, mon. Score one point for you.

she began threatening the Church and demanded “quid pro quo” to continue honoring her agreements;

Hey mon, I read that letter and that is a very wide stance on the interpretation of that one. Wide stance, like that Montana politician took when he sat in the bathroom stall at the Minnesota airport.

That she lied about her status to Scientology parishioners in an attempt to profit
financially from their goodwill;

Here again mon since she was not a member of the Church in your eyes you can surely present us with the dox you prepared to “excommunicate” her. If ye can’t then again please shut uppa you face, mon.

That she had joined a heretical (squirrel) group.

My god, mon. This makes perfect sense. Every time someone applies KSW and reports a transgression by the Pope on a Rope, all one has to do is claim the person joined a squirrel group. Why didn’t I think of that one, mon? Brilliant! Score another point for you, mon.

Ms. Cook and her husband were sued by the Church for violation of their legal
covenants. It is evident that their purpose in violating the agreement was to extort
the Church for more money. Her new, sensationalistic and revisionist stories of
“experiences” in the Church are belied by all of the above, as well as numerous
written and video statements by her which are in the Church’s possession. Any
further statements Ms. Cook or her husband make in violation of their agreements
will only increase the damages they ultimately will have to pay.

Hey mon, don’t ye be thinking that if she wanted to actually extort money from you suckers that she would have done things a tad different than sending out a mass email? Mon, I’m not practiced in the art of extortion however I don’t think one has to be expert in extortion to know that extortion is best done in hidden alleys and gutters as opposed to “out in the open”.

Ms. Cook and her husband are simply bitter, defrocked apostates, attempting to
spread falsehoods for personal gain. Both Ms. Cook and her husband are expelled from the Church, are prohibited from calling themselves Scientologists or ever again entering one of our Churches.

Hey mon, I totally understand where you are coming from. I am aware of your sacred creed and its “…honest men have rights…”. So in this case according to your Creed which was created by LRH. Debbie Cook is not honest and thusly does not have the right to practice the religion of her choice. Ye have made it very crystal clear, mon.

Accurate information about Scientology and its leadership is available for anyone
to see by visiting our website: Scientology.org.

Okay mon, so that is it. Please feel free to make as many statements as you want. I am always at the ready to be makin’ da mojo outta you, mon.

Rd00

Anakin Skywalker

Patron with Honors
The only OSA can defend themselves is by attacking the character of another.

They don't deal with any of the actual allegations, other than saying they never happened.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw the video of Debbie Cook and her husband with the Cof$ head honcho big fat lawyer. In seeing that video, I was reminded about what Iceberg Slim said in his book Pimp: The Story of My Life regarding how to get rid of a bottom lady ... that is, your main hooker who keeps the rest of your girls in line and producing ... once she is no longer of value and/or is becoming more trouble than she is worth. He had a whole chapter on that in his book, and how, when it is time to get rid of a gal like that, she has to be dealt with in such fashion as to not have her cause trouble for you.

The bottom line, crude basics of how to run a cult are in that book. The main difference is the degree of sophistication when it comes to the Cof$, but the principals are the same.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
The church has yet to learn that repeating a thing doesn't make it true.

Fortunately, even wogs can recognise the cookie cutter character assassinations they spit out for what they are.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
It just sounds like the words of denial from the president of Syria.

Everyone knows what's going on but the lies have to be said anyway.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
snip... In seeing that video, I was reminded about what Iceberg Slim said in his book Pimp: The Story of My Life regarding how to get rid of a bottom lady ... that is, your main hooker who keeps the rest of your girls in line and producing ... snip
LOL. That's hilarious. I like the analogy of Debbie Cook to a pimp's main hooker.

Funny but accurate.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
15 February 2012

. . .

Ms. Cook and her husband are simply bitter, defrocked apostates,<snip>

First step of the Emergency formula is promote. Since they spend half their statement (much more than usual) gushing, this fiasco over Debbie must have hit them pretty hard.

This is a new one: defrocked apostates. Since defrock means "1. To strip of priestly privileges and functions" and apostate is "a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc," does that mean that ordinary run-of-the-mill apostates are still frocked?

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
First step of the Emergency formula is promote. Since they spend half their statement (much more than usual) gushing, this fiasco over Debbie must have hit them pretty hard.

This is a new one: defrocked apostates. Since defrock means "1. To strip of priestly privileges and functions" and apostate is "a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc," does that mean that ordinary run-of-the-mill apostates are still frocked?

Paul

Really these days who wears frocks anyway. Most ladies are defrocked and wear trousers. Sea org members don't wear frocks anyway they wear skirts. Silly church!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whoever wrote that is missing their calling. LA always has a need for good comedy writers. That one had me laughing on the first sentence.

Purple Rain

Crusader
LOL. That's hilarious. I like the analogy of Debbie Cook to a pimp's main hooker.

Funny but accurate.

I don't find it funny at all. How is that funny? You think it's funny to liken a woman to somebody's main hooker? Why?

This woman has been tortured FFS. Show some respect.

TG1

Angelic Poster
This is probably the most pathetic excuse for a post-bitch-slap-in-court press release I've ever seen.

Miscavige, Karen Pouw (or whoever's writing this crap) is awfull at it.

I really did not think I would ever say this, but I actually miss Tommy Davis.

Tommy, come back.

Better yet, don't come back and go have a life.

TG1

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is probably the most pathetic excuse for a post-bitch-slap-in-court press release I've ever seen.
TG1

How about you write one and show us how it is done, then? What would you suggest?

(My position is that there is no press release they could write that would help, short of changing tack completely after 60 years.)

Paul

TG1

Angelic Poster
How about you write one and show us how it is done, then? What would you suggest?

(My position is that there is no press release they could write that would help, short of changing tack completely after 60 years.)

Paul

My position is I completely agree with you.

TG1

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
My position is that (and maybe RogerB might agree with me on this) the press release should not state aything that is close to being a lie. The use of the truths and acceptable truths up front are being used to paint a rosy picture so many of the lies that follow might be accepted by the mainstream. The problem with throwing lies such as theirs into a release such as this is that when they get brought to the attention being discovered to be lies it puts them deeper into the shit pile.

It's like that governor Sanford incident, the one from South Carolina, who suposedly went hiking for a few days but was off shagging his hottie. The statements came out as lies and eventually became too deep into the shit pile when more and more truth came to light.

This is like the old Columbo episodes. Eventually Columbo would dig thru the shit pile and drag the criminal out.

We need Columbo on the job here. Perhaps HH or someone can pop up a nice pic of Columbo digging the truth out of Pope on a Rope or some other significant (cough) figure.

Rd00

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
My position is that (and maybe RogerB might agree with me on this) the press release should not state aything that is close to being a lie.

Rd00

Well, that wouldn't take long to write. It's one of those Jewish-book-of-business-ethics things, isn't it?

Paul

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
In telling the story of their explosive growth, they don't even try to talk about increased numbers of Scientologists. What they talk about is a few upgraded buildings.

Because the Church of Scientology has been mercilessly squeezing its adherents for donations, for years, to pay for those buildings.

Which is exactly what Debbie Cook said. Right?

So the Church of Scientology has apparently just confirmed that Cook's story IS the real story.

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Yeah - what SoT said!

One upon a time the touted valuable final product (or whatever it's called) used to be
1) number of auditors made
2) number of auditing hours delivered

That is what's in the green vols. isn't it?

Now, with this press release, it explicitly seems to be new buildings (Ideal Orgs) opened.

That press release would be great fodder, side-by-side, with the green-on-white stating what the real product of Scn. is.

Go ahead -- stick it in their faces!

Sindy

Crusader
I wonder what fine they will try to exact against the defrocked apostate, Ms. Cook, for calling herself the now forbidden title of "Scientologist". How will the great enforcers keep her from calling herself that, as she has now been warned by the all powerful Grand Poohbahs of crap.