What's new

Debbie Cook Counter sues the Church of Scientology

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just got it from the news. All of the links regarding the latest on Debbie Cook are on my blog, Tony Ortega's, Good Morning America, A Current Affair, etc.

http://aidathomas.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/debbie-cook-counter-sues-the-church-of-cientology/

abc_debbie_cook_scientology_jp_120229_wg.jpg

Gadfly

Crusader
Debbie, you go girl!

Tear the Church of Scientology a new asshole!

Do to them what OSA has been doing to everybody else over many years - sue, sue, sue, and sue some more. Until they cave in and die (not that THAT is your current intention). :confused2:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Debbie, you go girl!

Tear the Church of Scientology a new asshole!

Do to them what OSA has been doing to everybody else over many years - sue, sue, sue, and sue some more. Until they cave in and die (not that THAT is your current intention). :confused2:

Yep. An entirely ruthless all out attack is what they have done for decades and now it is time for that chicken to come full circle and roost on their heads.

Gadfly

Crusader
Yep. An entirely ruthless all out attack is what they have done for decades and now it is time for that chicken to come full circle and roost on their heads.

Yep, ain't Karma a bitch!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Or in Scientology terminology, ain't them motivators a bitch! :happydance:

The Church of Scientology, through OSA, has been on the giving end for way too long. It is time for them to RECEIVE! In abundance.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Debbie Cook counter sues the Church of Scientology... or:

Debbie Cook allows herself to be used as a cat's paw in Marty Rathbun's crusade against Miscavige.

Once again, Marty encourages others to take the risks (opening herself to accusations of slander, for example) when he's the one who hopes to benefit from the downfall of Miscavige. The problem with Scientology isn't all Miscavige: he's just some random thug who managed to slither to the top of the heap. Hubbardism will always encourage such people, and promote them. I expect the next leader to be no better.

I will enjoy seeing Miscavige made to give evidence, because it clearly makes him very, very uncomfortable - and it makes him look like an idiot. I look forward to it happening again... but I hope Debbie doesn't exchange former her blind faith in COB for a similar blind faith in Rathbun. I fear that he'll use her shamelessly, and tell his followers that he was the one that brought the poodle to heel. In reality, Debbie Cook's a firebreak for him.

For the 'greater good' of his group, no doubt.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

[video]http://youtu.be/UYjM2ogGAN8[/video]​

EDIT: Ooops, wrong thread, ESMB is having another Debbie Cook festival and I got confused (yeah yeah, nothing new) . . . might as well leave the vid here anyway. As you were.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
She did - Tony O. has docs!! I love him irl. Cook countersues Scientology

Thanks very much. Good stuff. If they have to actually answer those admissions, whether to affirm or deny, they are in big trouble (in my opinion).

A lot of the questions that use the word "employee" are of the "do you still beat your wife?" kind. I can't believe the CofS will actually answer those in terms of yes or no, as they admit the CofS has employees instead of whatever the current fiction is. And I love the "religious practice" ones: either they state that beating the crap out of people is religious practice and allowable therefore by law (horrible PR), or they say of course not and at a stroke remove the religious cover from the action.

Paul

Gadfly

Crusader

Debbie Cook allows herself to be used as a cat's paw in Marty Rathbun's crusade against Miscavige.

Once again, Marty encourages others to take the risks (opening herself to accusations of slander, for example) when he's the one who hopes to benefit from the downfall of Miscavige. The problem with Scientology isn't all Miscavige: he's just some random thug who managed to slither to the top of the heap. Hubbardism will always encourage such people, and promote them. I expect the next leader to be no better.

I will enjoy seeing Miscavige made to give evidence, because it clearly makes him very, very uncomfortable - and it makes him look like an idiot. I look forward to it happening again... but I hope Debbie doesn't exchange former her blind faith in COB for a similar blind faith in Rathbun. I fear that he'll use her shamelessly, and tell his followers that he was the one that brought the poodle to heel. In reality, Debbie Cook's a firebreak for him.

Debbie is still a card-carrying Scientology drone. So is Marty (or at least he pretends to be). They BOTH continue to express a total faith in Hubbard and Scientology. People like that can be expected to behave along the lines of their (stupid) beliefs.

They each need a great deal of future awakening to the simple fact that Scientology is what it is BECAUSE OF HUBBARD, and not in spite of Hubbard, BUT in the meantime anything that HURTS the Church of Scientology is a GOOD THING.

You are quite right:

"Hubbardism will always encourage such people, and promote them. I expect the next leader to be no better."

The apple never falls far from the tree. Hubbard defined the mold and pattern, and all else that follows is "per policy" and based on the model created by Hubbard (including ALL of the ABUSES & idiocies).

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Marty use people past the point of abuse ? Why HELL YES !

After all, he IS a scientologist and horrible abuse IS what they do.

And count on 'em to do much worse than you'd ever imagine they could ever do.

... Ands the wee midget does not look like an idiot....he IS an idiot.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Yes, I saw the documents, and I think that David Miscavige is shaking with anger and fear. I hope that he is called to court.

Many good interesting comments in the Tony Ortega's blog

Oh god am I loving this.

I thought the same thing when I saw the ABC show that Tony said here::

Harris makes it sound as if Debbie Cook's testimony about "the Hole" is all alone against the denials of the church. I understand that ABC must put in the church's denials -- but how can the network not also mention that other former executives have been going public about "the Hole" for several years!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Davie boy with his midget mind may yet turn out to be the best thing to ever happen to scn - he is going to KILL it deader than a doorknob!

Speaking of the dead.......Wonder if Debbie knows where Shelly is?

Who else thinks davie-the-dummy is squeezing his copper cables as his minions read these wonderful reports to him ?

BunnySkull

The thing is this won't go anywhere. The fact these interrogatories are demanding Miscavige answer questions - basically meaning he will be deposed and maybe even forced to the stand - means he will settle out of court long before he ever gets a microphone clipped to his lapel.

I predict the cult will fight tooth and nail to prevent Miscavige and RTC from being enjoined in this suit and if/when they lose that battle -- they will settle.

I expect DM will huff and puff and try to force Debbie's defense to spend lots of money spinning wheels in endless legal fuckery, draw it all out as much as possible, and try to break her. But if that fails he will settle when push comes to shove and his actual neck is on the line - count on it.

DM would pay any amount to avoid having to be deposed on these matters and will.

Just sucks because I would like nothing more than to see him forced to answer these questions and give his interpretation of INT base conditions on the record.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The thing is this won't go anywhere. The fact these interrogatories are demanding Miscavige answer questions - basically meaning he will be deposed and maybe even forced to the stand - means he will settle out of court long before he ever gets a microphone clipped to his lapel.

I predict the cult will fight tooth and nail to prevent Miscavige and RTC from being enjoined in this suit and if/when they lose that battle -- they will settle.

I expect DM will huff and puff and try to force Debbie's defense to spend lots of money spinning wheels in endless legal fuckery, draw it all out as much as possible, and try to break her. But if that fails he will settle when push comes to shove and his actual neck is on the line - count on it.

DM would pay any amount to avoid having to be deposed on these matters and will.

Just sucks because I would like nothing more than to see him forced to answer these questions and give his interpretation of INT base conditions on the record.

Well we'll see. Debbie sounds like she's on a mission to get rid of that clown. We'll see who backs down first but I don't think she's in it for the money. And wether I agree with her views or not, she can handle herself.

I'd just love to know how this news is getting around on the inside.

crm1978

Patron with Honors
I must say Debbie is very brave to stand up to the little dictator well done .While I admire her guts she is trying to save that which many here would like to see die(Co$)She and others like Rathbun are of the Hubbard and tech good current management bad school others are church bad tech good I guess I'm in the Hubbard bad church bad tech and policy bad because they were written by a mad sociopath camp

BunnySkull

Well we'll see. Debbie sounds like she's on a mission to get rid of that clown. We'll see who backs down first but I don't think she's in it for the money. And wether I agree with her views or not, she can handle herself.

I'd just love to know how this news is getting around on the inside.

I don't think she's doing it for the money either, but the thing is this is a civil matter demanding damages - it's the whole point of the case. I wish it was a criminal matter, believe me.

The lawyer will not allow Debbie to endlessly fight on for years and years on some mission to save LRH - fuck that he's got a house payment and business to run. So if this drags out, and it will, and the cult finally turns around and offers a decent settlement I don't think good representation will stick around for long if she thumbs her nose at it because she's on a mission from LRH. Lawyers don't take cases on to help religious zealots - they take cases because Debbie suffered and deserves compensation.

Also the US court system is rigged to try and make cases settle - not go to court. Our civil system is hopelessly clogged up and therefore things are structured to try and encourage settlements, not court trials. Having a lot of attorney's in my family and watched a lot of civil cases I estimate 96% settle out of court. I've watched quite a few drag out to the very last moment, and then settle the night before the case went to trial. (Brinksmanship)