Is Tommy Davis out?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/scientology_dea_1.php

From the comments section in the VV today:

Commenter Ne Plus Ultra
moderator.png
3 hours ago

I hope someone in Clearwater does some checking: the rumor is that Tommy Davis is attending his very ill wife, Jessica Feshbach. Perhaps she's in a hospital, maybe she's "home". Methinks Davis is done with scn.

DeckardCain
moderator.png
3 hours ago in reply to Commenter Ne Plus Ultra

Rumor has it that he signed a similar NDA and took money, just like Cook. It would be fantastic if he decided to squawk too, but we all know that Miscavige is still holding Tommy's balls. Miscavige likes to hold and fondle balls because he needs constant reminders what they look like.

Sounds like Tommy is out of the SO, may be out, period.

Anyone else hear anything?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
That would be rather huge, given the testimony he could provide about Debbie in the Hole.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Last I heard from member of his family, Tommy is not out and has "taken leave" from the Sea Org to care for Jessica, who is terminally ill. Because Tommy has not been on the front pages of the news, some critics have developed a fondness for starting & spreading rumors that are not true.

Sadly, Jess waited too long to be treated with competent medical care and she's now paying the price.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Last I heard from member of his family, Tommy is not out and has "taken leave" from the Sea Org to care for Jessica, who is terminally ill. Because Tommy has not been on the front pages of the news, some critics have developed a fondness for starting & spreading rumors that are not true.

Sadly, Jess waited too long to be treated with competent medical care and she's now paying the price.

I believe what you have heard is probably accurate, Smurf.

However, it's good that he is at least physically out for a while.

A lot of people who get out of the SO on "medical leaves" never go back.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I heard he was in "The Hole" due to some pr flap.

So was he or wasn't he? I never figured that a famous actress's kid could stay disappeared but if he was in the Hole and is now out, that would be huge.
PHP:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I don's see Tommy as having the guts to leave. He's a little Fisher - Price kind of guy, I think.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

Strange, last night I had actually considered finding and bumping the old thread about Jessica to try and get an update. I had thought it had been at least 3 months now since reports of her being in hospice? That's on the long end of a stay for some one in hospice, usually they go to hospice because its estimated they have weeks to live. I had been afraid the next piece of news about her and Tommy might have been her death.

The wording of some of these updates implies maybe she's in a private home? Maybe i'm just reading stuff into the phrasing that's not there, but I'm curious if she's still in hospice or if her condition is still considered terminal, or if maybe there has been some improvement? Any news on the status of her health?

Either way, I have a feeling the time away from the SO may cause some decompression for Tommy, which could mean he won't return. Unfortunately, if he truly loves Jessica and she does pass away, her death may make him run back to the certainty and routine (as awful as it is) of the SO he's known for years. I've known many people when they lose a loved one end up throwing themselves into work to cope with the grief - the SO certainly offers the option of endless work to keep your mind from contemplation.

Considering Tommy's nearing his late 30's he may also feel a little lost without the SO, even with all his money and advantages it seems this is the age where the people start remaining in because they fear being afloat in the world, esp. if they are so associated with the cult publicly.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
Maybe he's auditing her on the Death Rundown. The EP is when the person changes their last will and testament to make the Church of Scientology the sole recipient of everything that they own. They then get awarded a life-sized cardboard cutout of L. Ron Hubbard so that they can gaze lovingly into Ron's eyes as they shuffle off this mortal coil - knowing that their lifetime's resources will be put to good use by the church ... namely suing Debbie Cook.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Tommy Davis has never had the balls to do anything on his own.
He is in the SO until he dies.
His moment in the spotlight has come & gone.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I believe what you have heard is probably accurate, Smurf.

However, it's good that he is at least physically out for a while.

A lot of people who get out of the SO on "medical leaves" never go back.

Like all cults the CofS relies on boundary control - they wish to keep a wall between the faithful and the real with the cult providing the only portal.

While on the inside Sea Org members are subject to a constant barrage of demands on their time and demands to study scientology and demands to do scientology and demands to work. There is no time for reflection or contemplation. (incidentally Amway and a lot of MLMs do something very similar)

If a person gets an LOA and actually steps out of the bubble and starts to get time to reflect then the logical imperfections start to become apparent to many of them and once the facade starts to break apart it is very very difficult to put it back together.

But in Tommy's case I do not think, even if he is on an LOA that he will be outside the bubble. The CofS is never going to allow the son of a celebrity and the daughter of the Feshbachs to be left on their own.

I can pretty much guarantee that they will have constant "help"

Alas.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Mick W. I am inclined to agree with you. Tommeh D. is a 'raised in', I suspect because mommy dearest holds the purse-strings and the depth of his involvement in the koolaid-circle that it is highly unlikely that he has the brain strength to pull away from the cult. He may wander from post to post within the corporation but he is totally mind-fucked and will likely never have the soul or gumption to remove himself from the clutches of Hubbard's evil empire. About the only thing I could imagine even giving him a wee shake-up would be for his mom to have a major cognition and flee, but I think that is a pipe dream as from what I understand she is within the 'isolation zone' of bled & bleeding sheeples and unlikely to change or remove herself from the schizophrenic milking machinery of LRon.
Just opinion.

:cheers:

BunnySkull

Mick W. I am inclined to agree with you. Tommeh D. is a 'raised in', I suspect because mommy dearest holds the purse-strings and...

:cheers:

actually the real money is with his father, not Anne Archer who has definitely had her heyday as a well paid actress but that's in the past. His dad is some sort of real estate/ business magnet IIRC and Tommy's trust money is the result of Dad, not Mom.

I've always wondered about this because my understanding is his father is not a scientologist. For this reason I've held out some hope for Tommy, at least he has on non-brainwashed parent. However, I can't imagine the father has much influence with Tommy both because he's in the SO and he joined it. What involved, close father would okay his son joining a cult militia? I've just thought maybe his Dad provided money, but not much else. (Could be Ann's doing, I'm sure if her ex-husband wasnt in the cult as soon as they divorced he became an SP and I'm sure she wanted to keep Tommy away from his possibly sane influence)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
So can family money keep someone from the hole?

Would even DM dare do to Tommy what he'd done to Heber, Rich parents could pay for expensive lawyers, dodgy stuff.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
In all honesty, I just don't really know for sure if Anne Archer is totally the 100% with it Scientologist everyone seems to think she is. I really never got that impression of her. She was on lines at AOLA when I was on staff there. She'd come in and get her auditing/services in much the same way as she would go to the salon to get her manicure.

Most of the celebs are like that, from what I've seen. Doing Scientology is a mememe activity, like everything else in their lives.

I've always thought her son was way more gung ho than she ever was.

BunnySkull

So can family money keep someone from the hole?

Would even DM dare do to Tommy what he'd done to Heber, Rich parents could pay for expensive lawyers, dodgy stuff.

I would say it makes a big difference, not just money but being the kid of a Scio celebutard. I would say compared to most SO execs, Davis and Feshbach have been treated with kid gloves. Not saying it's a walk in the park, but their money and connections have allowed the privileges no normal SO members have and have spared them the worst. (Davis drove a BMW in the SO, wore Italian loafers and fine suits, private apartment and they vacationed and hung out with Scio celebs - not your typical SO career or lifestyle to say the least.)

But then again when doesn't big bucks get you special treatment in this cult? FFS they worship money more than LRH.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I would say it makes a big difference, not just money but being the kid of a Scio celebutard. I would say compared to most SO execs, Davis and Feshbach have been treated with kid gloves.

That's actually not true. I was trying to find the specific posts on OCMB about it that I've read, but didn't have time to wade through all the Tommy Davis posts. But I have seen posts about him being assigned to the RPF, having to clean dumpsters with a toothbrush, and being publicly humiliated.

Donna Shannon and Karen #1 have posted about DM's treatment of Tommy.

I don't care who you are. You are a Sea Org member and you get that close to DM, you get trashed.

Peter Schless, the musician who won awards for the song "On the Wings of Love" and who was persuaded to join the SO, is in The Hole.

Once you are in that sphere, DM owns you. Period.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Let me be a little more specific about how it goes.

1) High profile celeb whatever connected person is persuaded to join the SO. Usually starts out at CC or Bridge or one of those orgs where it's way more cool to work than, say, ASHO.

2) Big push to get hotshot uplines. Hotshot is possibly told that "COB wants him" therefore setting the stage for his future doing-anything-to-please-the-master mentality.

3) Hotshot goes uplines; gets promoted quickly through Gold, than CMO Int, and winds up at RTC or somewhere else within the COB sphere.

4) Winds up being on "COB's lines".

5) Winds up on some post or does some kind of activity that has COB's attention.

6) Pisses COB off. (Which is pretty much impossible not to do.)

At this point hotshot is totally in the belly of the beast, and is as indoctrinated as anyone else, and holds his ankles and spreads them.

As hard as it is to believe, yeah, that's how it is.

BunnySkull

That's actually not true. I was trying to find the specific posts on OCMB about it that I've read, but didn't have time to wade through all the Tommy Davis posts. But I have seen posts about him being assigned to the RPF, having to clean dumpsters with a toothbrush, and being publicly humiliated.

Donna Shannon and Karen #1 have posted about DM's treatment of Tommy.

I don't care who you are. You are a Sea Org member and you get that close to DM, you get trashed.

Peter Schless, the musician who won awards for the song "On the Wings of Love" and who was persuaded to join the SO, is in The Hole.

Once you are in that sphere, DM owns you. Period.

I've read the posts your referring too. Tommy has blown twice and been in the RPF at least twice. I did say it was no walk in the park, but Tommy unlike other SO didn't spend years on the RPF or in the hole. I think he has gotten some harsh treatment from DM, everyone does, but unlike others his punishment doesn't seem to last long or I should say is within the bounds of sanity - few months, rather than 7 years, etc....

Tommy started out a cushy job as CC as a liaison with celebs, he was given this position due to his family and money. His popularity with the CC crowd (esp Tom Cruise) and rich kid ways got him noticed by DM who way over promoted him, well above his capabilities and experience. (Probably because DM had everyone in the hole or RPF he needed new raw meat) Of course, when he fucked up and no one working under DM doesn't fuck up, he got shit for it. I never said he was coddled, just better treated and privileged. (Also, we and everyone watching TV got to see some of his fuck ups)

Can you honestly tell me that a normal high level Int exec would be allowed to take a LOA to attend to a sick spouse?

Fuck the guy on the Freewinds, who contracted Aids, he was kicked out and his wife wasnt even allowed to visit. He was literally dying and they would not allow her to even speak to him. She finally escaped and was quite sure they wouldn't have even given her a LOA for his funeral, if they even let her know he was dead. All they wanted her to do was divorce him, because he obviously pulled it in.

I hear stories like this repeatedly from SO, they don't care who is dying. Tommy being allowed a LOA is definitely unusual in the SO, though us wogs see it as the least you would do for someone with a very ill spouse.

DM does own Tommy but it doesn't also mean Tommy's money and family haven't spared him some of the more severe punishments. Rinder spent 4 plus years in the hole sleeping under his desk, I think if Tommy didn't have money and powerful friends he would currently be in the hole - not with his sick wife. Even worse to think if Jessica wasn't a Feshbach she could have gone the way of Annie Broeker.

Last edited: