What's new

Incident 1 running

... My own understanding of this stuff is probably only uniquely applicable to me and my comment about "opinions vary" was in response to UM's dismissal of the concept as "imagination".

Another perspective is to treat it ALL as 'artificially implanted data' and allow the individual to determine, should he choose to do so, what seems to be 'real for himself'.

And no, implants don't necessarily imply some grand intergalactic conspiracy of spiritually suppressive beings, although that was apparently hubbard's view. :omg: That was clearly hubbard's personal paranoiac tendencies talking. :eyeroll:

An implant is really just a time that something that isn't real, true, or didn't happen has been picked up by an individual and treated as if it was fact. It is life experience as false data, whether intentionally implanted in an individual or not. For example: social conditioning, religious educations, & cultural adaptation all qualify as implant techs, although such are generally regarded as benign aspects of human social life. So also with less apparently benign activities as military boot camp, hazing, and the rpf. Frankly the normal living environment is rife with false data which others are actively engaged in promoting as 'real' or 'true' to greater or lesser degree and with a greater or lesser willingness to use force in achieving acceptance. Any of that can be viewed as "implant data on a gradient". Factor in the apparencies of past lives and inter-spiritual sharing and the role that implants might play may be seen as potentially significant.

Hubbard's upper level tech is basically just the idea of applying dianetics & scientology processing to run out such 'implants' on what appear to be individual entities, however that may be understood. Hubbard and the church went overboard in specifying the necessary truth of his interpretation of a single unifying narrative in all such human experiences. The truth is that the concept of entities, ubiquitous in human cultures, can be understood in a variety of ways, not all of which posit the existence of separate spiritual intelligences.

Note: one such alternative view that has been presented by Paul Adams: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?10114-Paul-s-Body-Thetans&p=211951&viewfull=1#post211951

But the basic conception of an individual identifying and untangling any such considerations, conscious or not, which may be impacting his thoughts is not itself an unsound idea. And the practice of identifying the possible presence, recovering the specific content, and spotting the point of origin and agreement of any such implant events greatly reduces any effect which might be produced by the entrenched concepts or ideas continuing to manifest subconsciously in present time.

What actually matters is the disentangling of individual conceptions & considerations, not the specific model by which these are understood to operate.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
Fifteen? Shucks, that's nothing. I know of at least 50 ways and I'm still imagining more. Some of them involve Disney characters, Christmas lights and/or robots and most have me as the primary hero...

Hey, this is fun!

Oh my yes. When I was at St. Hill in '63 we (particularly J. Fred Walker) tried hard to get the Hubbard thing to come up with the Donald Duck Implants, even the whole Merry Melodies and Loony Tunes Implants. But, ::: sigh ::: , they were too much for the Hubbard thing and he couldn't go it.

Snap Snap Snap

multixperience

Patron with Honors
I mean, how am I going to see them? How can I be sure I have them right now here?
How did you guys found out that you REALLY have BTs or entities or anything else?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
If you subscribe to Hubbard's writings, then you believe that Incident One happened four quadrillion years ago. Strictly speaking, that's around 4,000,000,000,000,045 years ago (the small addition because Hubbard wrote about it in 1967).

To a 'wog', or any person who bases their facts and their education on empirical rationalism, the age of the universe is around 13,750,000,000 years, which leaves the alleged incident more than a little homeless.

Solution: either you believe this Hubbardian pseudoscience, in which case you can put a Hubbard apologist in charge of your mental and physical wellbeing... or you choose not to believe in Piltdown Man, nor that a black gorilla was used to effect implanting of the 'Gorilla Goals' around 256,000,000,000,000,000,045 years ago - despite the fact that the gorilla only evolved during the Miocene era (5-23 million years ago).

The choice is yours. Unless you're a Scientology victim, in which case of course, there is no choice.
:banghead:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I mean, how am I going to see them? How can I be sure I have them right now here?
How did you guys found out that you REALLY have BTs or entities or anything else?

As I've written here many times, "BTs" seem to be genuine small bits of alien (i.e., not wholly one's own) life-force in one's immediate vicinity. Someone in good case shape (i.e. with attention not stuck on big or little upsets/problems/incidents of the present or past), who is well-trained and well-drilled as a solo auditor and in the materials of OTIII can "look" (not with his eyes) over his body and immediate space and pick up and address these little bits of energy-consciousness, one by one.

In reality, one doesn't have to be at all trained in the materials of the OT III pack to do this, but that is how most people who have done it successfully arrived there. One does need to be in good case shape, and well-trained as a solo auditor, however.

If one is not in good case shape, one will not be able to "see" the little alien bits among all the noise of one's normal auric surroundings.

If one is not well-trained as a solo auditor, one's attention will be too much in the meter and the needle motions and not free enough to scan over the body/local field, and will tend to misinterpret any reads too.

-----

If you are just some average Joe reading about OT III on the Internet, maybe with a meter hooked up, and you try looking for "BTs" you are highly likely to find nothing and think it is all fantasy. Hubbard's theory is fantasy, but the underlying present-time phenomena (bits of "alien" life-force) are real.

Paul

multixperience

Patron with Honors
OK, one morning I wake up, and as each morning also wake up my BTs...
What do I see? Nobody there. Like Jesus was 41 days out asking his BTs to get off. Huh. Or Budha got rid of his "alien entities". They certainly were not trained solo auditors... Conclusion? What was it? Faith?

I mean, if they ever existed, right? I know many have it quiet clear whether they existed or not... but I dont.

One achieved it with meditation, the other one by walking on some place, in full love and whatever.

And in the new, modern life, we do it by ... "tech and training...".

Why some well trained solo auditor also trained in electricity did not make up, or invent something, that would be sending eletrically made waves on such a frequency, that BTs would just disintegrate from our bodies? :melodramatic:

Ok. that wasnt smart... :eyeroll:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
In 1978, Hubbard decided that "keyed out Clear is Clear," and that Dianetic Clears should not do PP, R6ew, and CC.

In 1970, Hubbard had written of Dianetic Clear:

"Only about 2 percent actually go clear on Dianetics. A Dianetic Clear as any other Dianetic PC now goes up through the Grades of Scientology and on to the proper Clearing Course. The Dianetic Clear of Book 1 was clear of somatics. The Book 1 definition is correct. This is the end phenomena of Dianetics as per the Classification Chart and Book 1."

A Clear of somatics Clear!

And don't forget those (actual) GPM Clears, with "one GPM Clears" and "two GPM Clears" and "three GPM Clears," and, I think, Hubbard was supposed to have made "5 GPM Clear."

And then - if I recall correctly - there was the lecture, 'The Story of Dianetics of Scientology', where Hubbard stated that he had made the first Dianetic Clears in 1947, and that these were Theta Clears. At the time of that lecture, Book 1 Clears were not regarded as being as Clear as the Clears then being produced. They were said to have been Theta Clears (stably outside the body), but later became (1970) Somatic Clears, but then with keyed out Clear being redefined as Clear (1978), and hundreds of Scientologists deciding they had "gone Dianetic Clear in 1947 after having been audited by Ron," and going "up lines" with checkbooks in hand, they became acceptable as Clears somehow...

And it goes on and on...

Hubbard left Scientologists with a whole lot of loose-ends, each tightly shrink-wrapped in cellophane as "LRH datums."

This can become perplexing to them, IF they omit the rest of the "Tech" left to them by Hubbard. It's really the senior Tech of Scientology, and can be found in this booklet http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg, and it overrides all the loose-ends, leaving a Scientologist will a contented sense of total certainty.

Turns out that the loose-ends are just a medium, used as a means to an end. Hubbard's system of mental-healing only needs to "work" up to a point, since it was only a front and a medium, or means, for something else.

That something else was inadvertently revealed in his 1938 'Excalibur' letter and in his 1946 'Affirmations':

"I have high hopes of smashing my name into history... [so] that it will take a legendary form... That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned."

"Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

What's happened is that part of the Tech has been "dropped out," as a result of people leaving organized Scientology and wandering off into into the "wog" world. Some manage to hold onto their certainty, as their identity as Scientologists, for a long time, despite having wandered off the reservation, so to speak. Yet, others quickly snap out of the Scio-trance.

From the 1991 article by David Mayo:

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

Hubbard was doing a major money-getting operation in the late 1970s, so as to build a war chest for the establishment and preservation of his monuments to himself projects, and "discoving" that there were oodles and oodles of Dianetic Clears, who needed to exit Missions, and "get up lines" (where Hubbard had immediate access to the money) was part of that money-getting operation.

Thanks, yeah, that was it.

Of course all of this is currently anathema and the result of SP intervention in the ranks of loyal (officers) Sea Org members... And now anyone who went that route gets an r-factor that "oh, by the way - not clear..."

multixperience

Patron with Honors

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it will achieve".

In the beginning, you think you are clearing out your mind. As you go up the bridge, you are in LRH's mind battling the demons that haunt him due to the laws of karma. LRH snapped terminals somewhere along the way. He started out a good man, wanting to help and ended up betraying. Why? He mixed money and religion with a big dollop of mind control!

Scientology MANAGEMENT ACTS exactly like the government. They enforce on "others" the most illogical, insane policies. We all have to accept it and live with it. Both have been and are currently committing crimes against humanity because they both "know best".

At what point did LRH lose his ability to love, grant beingness to others, care about humanity? Please respond with your thoughts, especially those that were in for a long time.

It all happened at once and that is INCIDENT ONE"! :screwy:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Technically, OT III had nothing to do with the rule that Dianetics should not be run on clears and OTs. OT III (originally it was OT III, OT VII EP, and OT IIIx) was always the same, and yes, OT III completions were dropped onto dianetic actions at times.

Then (the story goes, how much truth I don't really know) LRH made discoveries about dianetic clear being just clear. Not a keyed out state and not different from any other clear. (from what I hear this has been rescinded - now nobody's clear until they buy an exemption...) And realizing Dianetics was being run wrong - thus NED (New Era Dianetics) developed, and from NED, came the realization that Dianetics could not be run on clears and OTs, and from that came NOTs (Ned for OTs)

1) pictures. Clear would be no reactive impactful pictures. You've disabled and disassembled the mechanism that forced them on you. You can have pictures if you want.

2) bt's (if they are) are others, they run what incidents they have. You may or you may not run a personal Incident 1. Not a requirement to run it for yourself, but also no requirement to stay away from it.

I don't know about what changes have been made since I was working through this stuff. There was never a new OT III, that I'm aware of. But then again, between GAT and the basics, much change occurs...

Also you have to realize LRH made this shit up as he went along. Just as the rest of us are doing.

Not an exemption - an indulgence...

"Then (the story goes, how much truth I don't really know) LRH made discoveries about dianetic clear being just clear. Not a keyed out state and not different from any other clear. (from what I hear this has been rescinded - now nobody's clear until they buy an indulgence...) And realizing Dianetics was being run wrong - thus NED (New Era Dianetics) developed, and from NED, came the realization that Dianetics could not be run on clears and OTs, and from that came NOTs (Ned for OTs"

My bad.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
CoS can revoke the status of Clear if a person becomes SP or PTS. It means that they can reinstall the engrams in an individual. The Tech is so incredibly powerful!!!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I was told I was Clear in 1995. I'm not sure what that means TO YOU, but to me, it means that I can disengage from compulsions and inhibitions at will, and I still believe it to be true. No, it cannot be taken away by SP or PTS declare: in fact, I was declared Clear while I was on my A-E steps, and CURRENTLY declared.

Adam7986

Declared SP
I was told I was Clear in 1995. I'm not sure what that means TO YOU, but to me, it means that I can disengage from compulsions and inhibitions at will, and I still believe it to be true. No, it cannot be taken away by SP or PTS declare: in fact, I was declared Clear while I was on my A-E steps, and CURRENTLY declared.

Actually there is a green on white policy about revoking someone's state of clear. I remember that was one of the first things that made me question the tech.