What's new

Marty Rathbun, get a grip!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Oh, dear . . .

Posted on March 23, 2012 by martyrathbun09 |: " . . . I am asking people to step up to make it uncomfortable on those who are perpetuating Miscavige’s character assassination network. I am not suggesting in the slightest that anyone engage in anything resembling harassment, Corporate Scientology style or otherwise. I am suggesting that the likes of Joel Phillips, John Allender, Ed Bryan, Joanne Wheaton, Norman Bates (whatever his real last name is), Iz Chait, Dave Lublow, and other known agents of Corporate Scientology’s domestic terrorist network be called to account for their months and years of domestic terrorist work.

Miscavige, being the 1.1 coward that he is, has polluted the internet and American neighborhoods by having OSA volunteers and PIs serve as an “arm’s length” domestic terrorist network. Please do what you can to help disinfect this sickness with sunshine.

Get hold of Steve and/or Karen with your website building skills, your ability to investigate and inform those who ought to know about the domestic terror network and its actors . . . "
(emphasis mine)

So, [STRIKE]psychiatrists[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]communists[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Marcabian Invader Forces[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]the IRS[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]SMERSH[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]the FBI[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]SPs[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]NCGs[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]the insane[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]bigots[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]haters[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]bashers[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]tinfoilers[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]obsessives[/STRIKE], domestic terrorists are the problem. Ohhhh-kay. I guess every good cult needs an enemy.

Veda

Sponsor

Oh, dear . . .

(emphasis mine)

So, [STRIKE]psychiatrists[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]communists[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Marcabian Invader Forces[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]the IRS[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]SMERSH[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]the FBI[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]SPs[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]NCGs[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]the insane[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]bigots[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]haters[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]bashers[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]tinfoilers[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]obsessives[/STRIKE], domestic terrorists are the problem. Ohhhh-kay. I guess every good cult needs an enemy.

Posted mainly for curious lurkers:

A recent CofS press release states: "For more than four decades, the Church has worked to make the Universal Declaration of Human Rights broadly known... The Declaration first appeared in the first edition of Freedom Magazine, the Church's human rights journal, in 1968..."

And it was per these instructions from Ron's Journal '68:

(To bring this up to date with the current Intra-Hubbardite war, 'RCS' [Radical Church of Scientology, i.e. Reverse Scientology, i.e., Miscavology, etc.] can be substituted for "psychiatric" and "psychiatric death camps"):

"...And the general attack line is along the lines of human rights, human rights.

"Now I'll give you a clue now how this is handled, somebody comes up to you, he's a hostile person - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you, he says 'na na na Scientology' and you say 'Why are you against human rights?' and, then, if you know anything about human rights like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations - that sort of thing, you know something about this subject, you just follow it right straight up, total attack, in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just simply attack along this line of human rights.

"Somebody else comes along, hostile, he says something to you about this, or he says something in the press or in a group or something like this, and something about treatment, or something in Scientology, and you should come back at him, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you in favor of psychiatric brutality to human beings?', and just let him try to handle that ball. And use these two things.

"Now the hostile person and the hostile press line, for instance the newspaper writes an article on the subject of how bad Scientology is. Well, any Scientologist reading this should at once write the newspaper, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you criticizing Scientology? Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps?' And we will make some progress on this.

"Now actually what will happen, what will happen, really, is each time Scientology is attacked, we will build into society, if all of you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus-response mechanism, whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights, and a person making such an attack is in favor of psychiatric death camps. And if this is the way you handle this, and handle it consistently, even though you get bored with it and want something else to shoot them with, this will produce a fantastic effect..."

Both the CofS and outside the CofS Scientology are applying Hubbard's instructions re. Propaganda. "The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people..." From confidential 'Black Propaganda' 12 January 1972

It's interesting how Marty&Mike and the Independent Scientologists have identified themselves as attackers of the popularly considered evil of ("anti-LRH, anti-Scientologist") David Miscavige and the "RCS" or "the Church of Miscavology," resulting in the "declassifying" of themselves "from former [negative] labels."

There is a PR&Propaganda battle between camps of Scientologists, each applying Hubbard's Public Opinion Manipulation Tech. Personally, while recognizing the superior vileness of Miscavige over his feuding fellow Scientologists, the MartyWorld people, I prefer not be handled by any of these folks with their application of Hubbard's instructions on shaping public opinion.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Another aspect of the Intra-Hubbardite war is the tension between the Freezone Scientologists and the Independent Scientologists.

Part of the problem is that the Freezone (one word) traces the origins of its name to the Free Zone (two words). Here's a site that presents the Free Zone Decree of 1982: http://galac-patra.narod.ru/index.html. This is also the founding Decree of the current Free Zone (now better known as Ron's Orgs), which has additional (upper, after OT 3) OT levels and, thus differs from Standard Tech, per Hubbard. Although, Ron's Orgs believes that its upper OT levels are sanctioned by Hubbard (who now operates a doll body on the mother ship, etc., etc.) The current Freezone (one word) besides having borrowed its name from the founding (two words) Free Zone (a.k.a. Ron's Orgs), has (mostly) had a tolerant to friendly relationship with the Free Zone (two words), so from Marty's and the Independent Scientology's perspective, this would create some disagreement and tension.

Plus there are statements such as this, from Marty Rathbun's blog, of several months ago, directed at Independent Scientologists:

"...there are OSA operatives throughout the Anonymous network, ESMB site, the Freezone and Independents running backstabbing, covert propaganda campaigns while we are 'tied up' under siege. Just look for the 1.1s using the safe Independent Scientology space we are creating to promote such practices as no-training-needed to get onto OT levels, 'OT I and OT II are of little importance': especially coming from 'Class VIIIs', 'Class VIs' and folks claiming to be 'trained by Ron.' They may as well be saying 'Scientology is a fraud, because after all I studied it all, and violently disagree with the Bridge created by Ron.'..."

So there's a fair amount of tension and suspicion, in Outside the CofS Scientology, between the FNs, VGIs, and floating TAs.

And recently, the IFA, the International Freezone Association, has changed its name to the Association of Professional Independent Scientologists http://internationalfreezone.net/whatistheifa.shtml , which was regarded as a 'win" by Marty: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/association-of-professional-independent-scientologists

So, Marty seems to be making some progress in "getting ethics in" in at least part of the Scientology Freezone.

And this is another of the many aspects of the ongoing Intra-Hubbardite war, which us "Failed Scientologists," "Wogs," "SPs," "DBs," and "Homo Saps," are watching with interest and amusement.

This was very helpful information for a Doubt Formula I have been working on.

I am going to be re-joining Scientology and have narrowed it down to choosing one of two factions; either the Free Zone Scientologists or the COS-Scientologists.

I have examined the stats and intentions of both sides and it all comes down to deciding which song I like better. The Galactic Marching Song or Thank You For Listening.

Once I determine which song is the greatest good for the dynamics, I will be announcing the fact publicly to both sides.

I feel sorry for you ESMBers because you have neither a unifying anthem, nor an OT songwriter turning out hits like Ron or Captain Bill. Good luck with that, you natterers!

Feral

Rogue male
If I look at Marty's post and tactics from his point of view; that is being a combatant in a fight to save the tech, then it makes perfect sense and seems a logical front to wage war on the cult.

When I step back and look at it from my viewpoint, where I couldn't care less whether the tech lives or is relegated as bizarre science fiction, well then, I'm still glad on at least one level, that is to see one of the fronts used by the Cof$ to fair game exes and Indies get troweled and it's personnel forced to "retire".

Sure, the method of combat might offend those who have departed. Maybe I'm mental, 'cos I find it piss funny to see Scientology methodology being used effectively against The Cof$ and it's puppets.

It's Kharma in action.

Infinite

Heh! I wonder how Marty felt when his BFF was on ESMB defending RFW as a source for accurate data:

. . . <snip> . . . Religious Freedom Watch may be the premium COS attack site. From my experience, material going onto a site like this is side checked with an attorney by OSA staff. It has to be based on enough truth to be defensible in court. Opinion, bias, exageration are somewhat defensible and this site is very biased and out of context. Out of context can be defended as human error or opinion. An outright lie can not be.

If there are docs on RFW, they are almost certainly accurate.

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Sure, the method of combat might offend those who have departed. Maybe I'm mental, 'cos I find it piss funny to see Scientology methodology being used effectively against The Cof$ and it's puppets.

It's Kharma in action.

Yes, that methodology of contacting the associates, leafletting, and reverse picketing was really effective on the likes of Mark Bunker, David Touretzky, and Shawn Lonsdale, not to mention Anonymous, and I am sure it will be equally effective on Marty's "enemies".

Feral

Rogue male

Heh! I wonder how Marty felt when his BFF was on ESMB defending RFW as a source for accurate data:

I don't think that's what Laws was doing.

He was attacked himself by the cult on a sister site to RFW, what he said in your quote was what he discovered as he was trying to work out a counter attack.

The tinfoil's on too tight if your alluding to what it looks like your alluding to.

Sindy

Crusader
If I look at Marty's post and tactics from his point of view; that is being a combatant in a fight to save the tech, then it makes perfect sense and seems a logical front to wage war on the cult.

When I step back and look at it from my viewpoint, where I couldn't care less whether the tech lives or is relegated as bizarre science fiction, well then, I'm still glad on at least one level, that is to see one of the fronts used by the Cof$ to fair game exes and Indies get troweled and it's personnel forced to "retire".

It's Kharma in action.

Well, it's Scientology in action and therefore their inability to take a higher ground and act like that which they say they are but never will be. If you want to see that as Karma, that's cool. I see it more like "same shit, different location".

Sindy

Crusader
disinfected | March 23, 2012 at 2:30 pm
Hi Mike

I see Marty just deleted my last reply to him. If you could see the content of that reply, his deletion of it is very telling. I will post that reply on ESMB.

martyrathbun09 | March 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm
Good, more your crowd.

Yes, well, that "crowd" is called "THE REST OF THE WORLD". :duh:

Feral

Rogue male
Well, it's Scientology in action and therefore their inability to take a higher ground and act like that which they say they are but never will be. If you want to see that as Karma, that's cool. I see it more like "same shit, different location".

I suppose it is, what else could we hope for?

That it's being used on those who used it on others just seemed "Kharmic" to this farmer.

Sindy

Crusader
I suppose it is, what else could we hope for?

That it's being used on those who used it on others just seemed "Kharmic" to this farmer.

:) I think my inability to see it stems from the fact that there is simply too much Karma involved when you have Marty on the scene. It's a chicken egg thing. Is the Karma his or DM's or what? Too intricate. In my Karma rule book, Marty is not allowed to be the leveler. :coolwink:

Infinite

I don't think that's what Laws was doing.

He was attacked himself by the cult on a sister site to RFW, what he said in your quote was what he discovered as he was trying to work out a counter attack.

The tinfoil's on too tight if your alluding to what it looks like your alluding to.

I'm going to assume you didn't get to the last sentence of the comment I quoted:

. . . <snip> . . . If there are docs on RFW, they are almost certainly accurate.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Is it any suprise that the guy who ran Church legal ops for a couple of decades is behaving this way?

I wish full healing and recovery for anyone involved in this mess.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Am I the only one that can't follow this story? I can't tell which party is accusing which party of being a super-seeekrit spai. Throw Mr. Liar McLiarson himself (Rathbun) into the mix and now I'm super confused.

Would someone give me the Reader's Digest edit of what the hell this story is all about?

This is one of major problems I have with Scientologists (defined as anyone that still don't see it a 100% con) is that there's so much "I'm not lying, He's LYING" bullshit that makes all of them appear to be five years old and in dire need of a time out.

Lone Star

Crusader
Am I the only one that can't follow this story? I can't tell which party is accusing which party of being a super-seeekrit spai. Throw Mr. Liar McLiarson himself (Rathbun) into the mix and now I'm super confused.

Would someone give me the Reader's Digest edit of what the hell this story is all about?

This is one of major problems I have with Scientologists (defined as anyone that still don't see it a 100% con) is that there's so much "I'm not lying, He's LYING" bullshit that makes all of them appear to be five years old and in dire need of a time out.

I've had the same problem trying to figure out all this bullshit. All I know is Marty is king of the Fucktards.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I read an interesting thing on Marty's blog which I think explains a lot but I won't bother to try to find it. He's become more tolerant of people being critical of Elron but for a specific reason. He said more or less that if you have doubts about scientology and it's great guru it simply means that you're not at a high enough level to "get it". And more or less once you rise to that lofty "level" it will be clear how great Flubbard and his drech truly are.

That's like industrial strength, silicone, thought stopping goo right there.

Marty is a big character on the scene but he's made it clear where he stands and if anybody is waiting for him to have the big CONgnition I wouldn't hold you're breath. I really think he'll be a believer for the rest of his days and the only way you can be a believer is to silence people who disagree.

Misterfabian

Patron with Honors
I read his blog yesterday.

What crossed my mind all yesterday is that he cannot accept or admit he was/is wrong,

Did you know that is a test of a Psycho?

If you ever run into a person who never thinks they are wrong, thinks they never make a mistake or never apologizes for something.

If everything bad that happens in their life is never their fault.

That person is a psycho.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Did you know that is a test of a Psycho?

If you ever run into a person who never thinks they are wrong, thinks they never make a mistake or never apologizes for something.

If everything bad that happens in their life is never their fault.

That person is a psycho.

Ok...sounds good. No doubt then that LRH was a psycho, and DM is a psycho according to your definition.

Veda

Sponsor
Just remembered another Truth Seeker schtick: mimicking or echoing an other's views. This was supposed to come across as agreement, but it was schtick. It was done so that if one agreed *or* disagreed with Truth Seeker, approved *or* disproved of Truth Seeker, one lost, and Truth Seeker won - in his weird little game. Fairly clever actually, in a demented kind of way - but something that "worked" on an unmoderated newsgroup, but would not work on a moderated message board.