What's new

L Ron Hubbard Saves The World!!1!!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Yes, its true. Here, in his own words, L Ron Hubbard explains how he and Johny Arwine met with many of the top nuclear scientists and physicists in the world at a meeting at CalTech. It was there that L Ron Hubbard discovered that the eeevvill scientists were plotting to take over the the United States and were being led in their devilish plan by none other than Richard Nixon:

[video]http://youtu.be/Cf48HuhaoF0[/video]​

This remarkable information was released at the 2012 L Ron Hubbard Birthday Event and was further [STRIKE]embellished[/STRIKE] explained by biographer Dan Sherman when he said:

. . . There are a couple of ancillary notes relevant to what transpired on the 15th of November in the basement of Caltech's Atheneum Hall. In the first place, those participating in what is remembered as the Nuclear Scientists' Revolt most definitely suffered severe punishments. Specifically and summarily, a full 64 were stripped of security clearances, thus effectively ending their careers in government research departments. Well, for another telling footnote, the henchman was none other than future American president and Watergate villain, Richard Nixon. In the second place, those in attendance indeed represented the cream of America's atom bomb project, including a chief engineer who designed the triggering device, and no less than three Nobel Laureates for theoretical physics. Not in attendance but not far away in sentiment was A-bomb father Robert Oppenheimer who, when the first mushroom cloud arose was overheard whispering, "Now I become Death, the destroyer of worlds." But the overriding point, and vastly so, is simply this: How is it, LRH asks, did these brilliant minds come to believe America would never actually drop the bomb? How is it they swallowed the story that went something like this: The government was to build a grandstand where Hitler and the Japanese emperor would sit, whereupon, as LRH described it, "They were going to press a button, they were going to have an atom bomb go off, and they were going to say, 'See what we're going to do to you'." To which he adds, "And these dopes fell for that. These so-called great brains fell for that story." But in so far as the bomb was now an inexorable fact of existence, and, as Heinlein so colorfully phrased it, "You can't turn the sausage back into a hog," . . .

Read all about it at (and give your click love to) Tony Ortega at the Village Voice.

Lone Star

Crusader

Yes, its true. Here, in his own words, L Ron Hubbard explains how he and Johny Arwine met with many of the top nuclear scientists and physicists in the world at a meeting at CalTech. It was there that L Ron Hubbard discovered that the eeevvill scientists were plotting to take over the the United States and were being led in their devilish plan by none other than Richard Nixon:

This remarkable information was released at the 2012 L Ron Hubbard Birthday Event and was further [STRIKE]embellished[/STRIKE] explained by biographer Dan Sherman when he said:

Read all about it at (and give your click love to) Tony Ortega at the Village Voice.

Can't wait to hear Marty Wrathburn's take on this.

DM through this event is saying, "Okay Marty, Mike, and DC, who loves LRH more than me you fuckers!? I'm willing to create a whole new false history of the old man and not even blink. Suck it Indies! And here's Lesevre too. I dug his ass out of the grave and made him seem alive! Just like Weekend at Bernie's. Okay it was really a holograph. At the May event I'll bring out my wife. I got Golden Era Studios bitches! After super duper powers is released it'll be game-set-match for me! The CO Fuckin B!"

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

DAN SHERMAN
Sir, they're onto us! Every time we talk about
Ron being blind and crippled after World War II
and healing himself, the wogs are Joking & Degrading.

COB
What about that thing about Ron being the youngest
Eagle Scout and being a blood brother to the Blackfeet
Indians at the age of 3?

DAN SHERMAN
Sir, they've debunked that too! They're laughing at us!

COB
What if we say Ron was an Indian chief at 3 and got
his Eagle Scout badge while he was still in the womb?

DAN SHERMAN
Sir, they're just not buying it like they used to.
Even the Scientologists cringed when we surveyed them
and asked how much they'd expect to pay for a life-sized
statue of Buddha with Ron's head, smoking a Kool non-filter.

COB
I see. Well.....we've got to come up with something really big,
like something to do with World War II. When was that anyways,
in the 1860's with Lincoln or something?

DAN SHERMAN
Sir, the end of the war was 67 years ago, in 1945.

COB
67 years ago? Whoa, that's it! Make up some shit
about Ron saving the world from nuclear war!

DAN SHERMAN
Sir?

COB
Yeah anyone who was in a position of authority then is
fucking dead now, so we won't be getting any CI
from those cocksucking fact-checkers.​

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well that admission that he and Arwine could not get through to them is some sort of major flunk on the OT of all OTs part, I just thought he'd be much more capable than that....I am, well, disappointed.

Infinite

Can't wait to hear Marty Wrathburn's take on this . . .

Wait no longer . . . http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/l-ron-hubbards-worst-enemy-part-ii/

Dear ole Marty's rear guard action is to suggest that L Ron Hubbard was not so much a liar as he was an anecdotist. See, it was by the telling of many stories that L Ron Hubbard was able to highlight certain aspects of his research, stories from which only up-tone, intelligent, open-minded people armed with the necessary Scientology training can discern the required reality. Its about a conceptual understanding and not taking things literally. By having L Ron Hubbard's biography details exposed by Gerry Armstrong et al as a tissue of lies, Marty [STRIKE]believes[/STRIKE] knows the world is at greater risk because the low-toned, aberrated, close-minded, and unintelligent wogs will fail to understand the [STRIKE]acceptable[/STRIKE] greater truth.

All bollocks, of course.

freethinker

Sponsor
The sad part of it is, remember back to when you attended these events and you were so amazed that LRH called together those physicists and laid out the truth of what was going on, that the majority of those physicists, lost their jobs and were brought to total ruin because they dared stand up to the propaganda and...

No one questions why LRH wasn't hauled before the JAG to explain why he brought the top nuclear physicists to a frenzy and rage who were incited to riot to bring down the entire US government...

We sat there and ate that shit and then stood up and clapped so as not to draw attention to ourselves, the whole time wondering where they got this footage from and why you never saw Ron's face and why he had this halo about him and...

At one time we bought that shit and now, it's like WTF are they trying to feed us?

That a Scientologist can sit through that and believe that L Ron Hubbard was able to go to Cal Tech and call a meeting of the most prominent nuclear physicists and tell them that the government was lying to them, and believe that, is the greatest proof that Scientology brainwashes people, more than anything I can possibly think of.

And I will bet that because the soundtrack was his voice , they believe that that is the actual footage of the event in history.

Scientologists believe that stuff, so how far fetched is Zenu in their mind?

Not far fetched at all.:no:

Veda

Sponsor

Here's Hubbard explaining that, during World War II, he was repeatedly asked to work on the Manhattan Project (the secret project building the atomic bomb), and each time refused, and each time was sent into a combat theater as punishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-6I-d4jK0

And here is Hubbard's describing the period of 1946, when he first came in contact with Sara Komkovadamanov, the Russian spy, at "the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech." Hubbard describes the covert operation in place on him and Dianetics, even before 1950:

From the confidential 1969 issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Data Collection':

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit... Their first blast was from the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including the murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League... This was a full war against Dianetics."

This might seem somewhat confusing to us Wogs, SPs, DBs, anti-Scientologists, haters, and failed Scientologists, which is why we're fortunate that Marty Rathbun will soon be coming out with two books, one of which, presumably, will be a biography of L. Ron Hubbard. From Rathbun's Blog:

"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any other civilian figure. One cumulative effect of it all was to one degree or another de-humanize him in the public eye. We see remnants of those effects to this day. Tony Ortega has even come to the conclusion that my mission -and the mission of many independents - is made hopeless by this historical landscape. The landscape is not easy to conceptualize given its long lived nature and Miscavige's daily efforts to make the myths a reality. Providing context to the entire picture is a long term project that I never lose sight of, but unfortunately I have not found the time to devote to it that it deserves."

I assume that the Cold War establishment includes not only the USA Cold War establishment, but also the Cold War establishment of the, then, Soviet Union.

As far as I can decipher, at this time, this appears to be an attempt to compartmentalize the "besmirching of L. Ron Hubbard's good name" to a period concurrent with the Cold War (1946 -1991 or so). The USA establishment didn't change in the early 1990s, but the Russian establishment did with the fall of the Soviet Union.

How does this make sense? I makes sense if the Russian Commies, and their agents and sympathizers in the U.S. government, really were waging a "war" against L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics&Scientology.

And regarding the same time period...

From a 1977 recorded message, 'Can we Ever Be Friends?':

"Possibly any trouble Dianetics or Scientology ever had began on May 9, 1950 when the U.S government, excited by the possibility of Hubbard's work, sought to force him into classified government service.

"In Washington, they told him they wanted him to work on projects to make people more suggestible. When he declined they threatened and, typically, he refused to bow.

"And the war between the government and Scientology was on."

There's another version of this from the 1978 edition of 'What is Scientology?'. It ends with:

"The government never forgave him for this and soon began vicious, covert international attacks on his work. "

The above two accounts, re. the U.S. government, were taken from a recorded lecture from the early 1950s.

Sounds like Marty is planning to write the authoritative biography on L. Ron Hubbard, one that will, once and for all, bring to an end the Cold War-era besmirching of L.Ron Hubbard's good name.

Marty's Factor #11:

"Miscavige has run a continuous propaganda campaign attempting to besmirch the good name of L. Ron Hubbard. He has continually given little interest or funds for defending public relations attacks on L. Ron Hubbard."

So the fun is just beginning! :happydance:

Veda

Sponsor
Wait no longer . . . http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/l-ron-hubbards-worst-enemy-part-ii/

Dear ole Marty's rear guard action is to suggest that L Ron Hubbard was not so much a liar as he was an anecdotist. See, it was by the telling of many stories that L Ron Hubbard was able to highlight certain aspects of his research, stories from which only up-tone, intelligent, open-minded people armed with the necessary Scientology training can discern the required reality. Its about a conceptual understanding and not taking things literally. By having L Ron Hubbard's biography details exposed by Gerry Armstrong et al as a tissue of lies, Marty [STRIKE]believes[/STRIKE] knows the world is at greater risk because the low-toned, aberrated, close-minded, and unintelligent wogs will fail to understand the [STRIKE]acceptable[/STRIKE] greater truth.

All bollocks, of course.

I doubt if the "anecdote" angle will be the only one used by Marty Rathbun, even though it, and similar ploys, have long been used by Scientology PRs. For example, this is what David Gaiman, then Public Relations Director for Scientology in England, told Paulette Cooper, in 1971, when asked about the billion year Sea Org contract:

From question/answer #19, in the 'Appendix' of Cooper's book:

19. (from Cooper) "DO THE SEA ORG PEOPLE SIGN A BILLION YEAR CONTRACT?"

(From Gaiman) "Never make an allegoric joke near literal minded humorless reporters."

Not surprisingly, it does appear that Rathbun regards Gerry Armstrong, and the Armstrong vs Church of Scientology court case, as being problematic - Something to be overcome, and discredited, on the way to a glorious LRH Scientology future.

Excerpts from the 20 June 1984 findings of Judge Breckenridge:

"As indicated by its factual findings, the court finds the testimony of Gerald and Joycelyn Armstrong, Laurel Sullivan, Nancy Dincalcis, Edward Walters, Omar Garrison, Kima Douglas, and Howard Schomer to be credible, extremely persuasive... In all critical and important matters their testimony was precise, accurate and rang true...

"Each has broken with the movement for a variety of reasons, but at the same time, each is still bound by the knowledge that the Church has in its possession his or her own most inner thoughts and confessions, all recorded in 'pre-clear' folders, or other security files of the organization, and that the Church or its minions is fully capable of physical intimidation, or other physical or psychological abuse if it suits their ends. The record is replete with evidence of such abuse.

"In addition to violating and abusing its own members' civil rights, the organization over the years with its 'Fair Game' doctrine has harassed and abused those persons not in the Church whom it perceives as enemies.

"The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements.

"The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

"At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents...

"Obviously, he is and was a very complex person, and that complexity is further reflected in his alter-ego, the Church of Scientology. Notwithstanding protestations to the contrary, this court is satisfied that LRH runs the Church in all ways, through the Sea Organization, his role as Commodore, and the Commodore's Messengers.

"He has, of course, chosen to go into 'seclusion', but he maintains contact and control through his top messengers.

"Seclusion has its light and dark side too. It adds to his mystique, and yet shields him from accountability and subpoena and service of summons.

"LRH's wife, Mary Sue Hubbard, is also a plaintiff herein. On the one hand she certainly appeared to be a pathetic individual. She was forced from her post as Controller, convicted and imprisoned as a felon, and deserted by her husband
."

However, let's not underestimate Marty. Don't forget what he accomplished with retired Judge Paul Breckenridge at least in his imaginings.:headspin:

In what was perhaps the apex in the history of LRH-besmirching, Judge Paul Breckenridge wrote, in his summation, at the 1984 Armstrong vs Church of Scientology court case:

"As indicated by its factual findings, the court finds the testimony of Gerald and Joycelyn Armstrong, Laurel Sullivan...Omar Garrison, Kima Douglas, and Homer Shomer to be credible, extremely persuasive... In all critical and important matters their testimony was precise, accurate and rang true...

"The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar...

"The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

"At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents..."

That sure is a lot of natter, yet a little over 25 years later, after visiting with Marty... at least in Marty's dreams...

Emerging from a visit with Marty Rathbun, now retired Superior Court Judge Paul G. Breckenridge was quick to clarify his comments of over a quarter century ago:

"I know that, regarding L. Ron Hubbard, I wrote and said that, 'the evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements', and that, 'the writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.' And I know I wrote and said that Mr. Hubbard 'manipulated' Scientologists, but I was way out of line in all of that, and just plain wrong.

"After spending some time with the charming Mr. Rathbun, I can see that L. Ron Hubbard was a fine and brilliant man, and I have come to realize that what I have written and said, in the past, may have injured the applied religious philosophy of Scientology, which in my studied opinion may be the only hope for sanity in future generations. My hope, now, is that those who have abandoned Scientology in disillusionment will recognize that there is nothing really wrong with Scientology, other than its current leader David Miscavige, and the misunderstandings and misapplications that this suppressive Miscavige person has brought about, and that they will consider returning to this wonderful applied religious philosophy and being Scientologists again."

Rathbun and the retired Judge embraced warmly, and the elderly Judge could be overheard humming the 'Moving on up!' theme song as he walked to his car. "I'll be back in a month to start my adventure up Ron's Bridge!" were the Judge's parting words, as he drove off happily.

Don't you want to be happy? :yes:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
That sure is a lot of natter, yet a little over 25 years later, after visiting with Marty... at least in Marty's dreams...

Emerging from a visit with Marty Rathbun, now retired Superior Court Judge Paul G. Breckenridge was quick to clarify his comments of over a quarter century ago:

"I know that, regarding L. Ron Hubbard, I wrote and said that, 'the evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements', and that, 'the writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.' And I know I wrote and said that Mr. Hubbard 'manipulated' Scientologists, but I was way out of line in all of that, and just plain wrong.

"After spending some time with the charming Mr. Rathbun, I can see that L. Ron Hubbard was a fine and brilliant man, and I have come to realize that what I have written and said, in the past, may have injured the applied religious philosophy of Scientology, which in my studied opinion may be the only hope for sanity in future generations. My hope, now, is that those who have abandoned Scientology in disillusionment will recognize that there is nothing really wrong with Scientology, other than its current leader David Miscavige, and the misunderstandings and misapplications that this suppressive Miscavige person has brought about, and that they will consider returning to this wonderful applied religious philosophy and being Scientologists again."

Rathbun and the retired Judge embraced warmly, and the elderly Judge could be overheard humming the 'Moving on up!' theme song as he walked to his car. "I'll be back in a month to start my adventure up Ron's Bridge!" were the Judge's parting words, as he drove off happily.

Damn Veda, you aren't supposed to go all Helluvahoax on us.
:dieslaughing:

Um, is it supposed to be Elly's actual voice or is it acknowledged as a voice actor?

Infinite

Good to see CalTech is still giving time to Scientology these days . . .

[video]http://youtu.be/JxMjH67_PGY[/video]​

. . . this is video 6 of 12, each are equally worthy of a viewing for those seeking a primer on L Ron Hubbard's cult. They feature a lecture titled "The Bizarre World of Scientology" given by Priscilla Coates, one of the founding directors of CAN.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
There is a small problem with this Hubbard speech -- it did not occur at the CalTech meeting because our hero was not invited to this gathering of scientists -- he does not have proper credentials needed for an invitation. In other words, he is not a scientist but a quack unknown ourside the world of Scientology.
He delivered this speech, all right, but his audience were the empty vials of drugs scattered on the floor of his motel room.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Here's Hubbard explaining that, during World War II, he was repeatedly asked to work on the Manhattan Project (the secret project building the atomic bomb), and each time refused, and each time was sent into a combat theater as punishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-6I-d4jK0

And here is Hubbard's describing the period of 1946, when he first came in contact with Sara Komkovadamanov, the Russian spy, at "the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech." Hubbard describes the covert operation in place on him and Dianetics, even before 1950:

From the confidential 1969 issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Data Collection':

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit... Their first blast was from the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including the murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League... This was a full war against Dianetics."

This might seem somewhat confusing to us Wogs, SPs, DBs, anti-Scientologists, haters, and failed Scientologists, which is why we're fortunate that Marty Rathbun will soon be coming out with two books, one of which, presumably, will be a biography of L. Ron Hubbard. From Rathbun's Blog:

"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any other civilian figure. One cumulative effect of it all was to one degree or another de-humanize him in the public eye. We see remnants of those effects to this day. Tony Ortega has even come to the conclusion that my mission -and the mission of many independents - is made hopeless by this historical landscape. The landscape is not easy to conceptualize given its long lived nature and Miscavige's daily efforts to make the myths a reality. Providing context to the entire picture is a long term project that I never lose sight of, but unfortunately I have not found the time to devote to it that it deserves."

I assume that the Cold War establishment includes not only the USA Cold War establishment, but also the Cold War establishment of the, then, Soviet Union.

As far as I can decipher, at this time, this appears to be an attempt to compartmentalize the "besmirching of L. Ron Hubbard's good name" to a period concurrent with the Cold War (1946 -1991 or so). The USA establishment didn't change in the early 1990s, but the Russian establishment did with the fall of the Soviet Union.

How does this make sense? I makes sense if the Russian Commies, and their agents and sympathizers in the U.S. government, really were waging a "war" against L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics&Scientology.

And regarding the same time period...

From a 1977 recorded message, 'Can we Ever Be Friends?':

"Possibly any trouble Dianetics or Scientology ever had began on May 9, 1950 when the U.S government, excited by the possibility of Hubbard's work, sought to force him into classified government service.

"In Washington, they told him they wanted him to work on projects to make people more suggestible. When he declined they threatened and, typically, he refused to bow.

"And the war between the government and Scientology was on."

There's another version of this from the 1978 edition of 'What is Scientology?'. It ends with:

"The government never forgave him for this and soon began vicious, covert international attacks on his work. "

The above two accounts, re. the U.S. government, were taken from a recorded lecture from the early 1950s.

Sounds like Marty is planning to write the authoritative biography on L. Ron Hubbard, one that will, once and for all, bring to an end the Cold War-era besmirching of L.Ron Hubbard's good name.

Marty's Factor #11:

"Miscavige has run a continuous propaganda campaign attempting to besmirch the good name of L. Ron Hubbard. He has continually given little interest or funds for defending public relations attacks on L. Ron Hubbard."

So the fun is just beginning! :happydance:

Awesome, Veda!

This is one of the best posts I've read in some time.

One thing that I would like to do here soon is to put down everything Hubbard said or wrote about Sara Northrup.

The cover stories are amazing and he got so much mileage out of them...

She's a saved girl from a bad cult (he saved her).

She was his wife in one written piece (where he and her are victims of some outrageous PR attack - implying that the attack is below the belt and affecting his innocent spouse and becoming personal).

She's a commie spy attempting to ruin him with fake divorce stories.

Later he gives an interview and he never had a second wife.

She's a housekeeper at a place where the nuclear physicists hang out (Parson's cult).

She's a strumpet in a free sex cult.

She's somebody that showed up on his doorstep pregnant and desperate (to his estranged daughter).

Somewhere he's lamenting her and his lack of control over her so he admits that everything regarding Mary Sue is planned so he doesn't go through that again (this is where he's talking to some personal nurse attendant who didn't even know who the hell Sara was).

He writes her a letter and confesses and professes he still loves her.

He took out ads in his newzines offering something like 10 or 15 thousand dollars to whomever could clear her.

All this from an 17 to 25 year old?

What a global communist spy all international and sophisticated and Bond-like she was!

Hubbard's a gas!

guanoloco

As-Wased

. . . There are a couple of ancillary notes relevant to what transpired on the 15th of November in the basement of Caltech's Atheneum Hall. In the first place, those participating in what is remembered as the Nuclear Scientists' Revolt most definitely suffered severe punishments. Specifically and summarily, a full 64 were stripped of security clearances, thus effectively ending their careers in government research departments. Well, for another telling footnote, the henchman was none other than future American president and Watergate villain, Richard Nixon. In the second place, those in attendance indeed represented the cream of America's atom bomb project, including a chief engineer who designed the triggering device, and no less than three Nobel Laureates for theoretical physics. Not in attendance but not far away in sentiment was A-bomb father Robert Oppenheimer who, when the first mushroom cloud arose was overheard whispering, "Now I become Death, the destroyer of worlds." But the overriding point, and vastly so, is simply this: How is it, LRH asks, did these brilliant minds come to believe America would never actually drop the bomb? How is it they swallowed the story that went something like this: The government was to build a grandstand where Hitler and the Japanese emperor would sit, whereupon, as LRH described it, "They were going to press a button, they were going to have an atom bomb go off, and they were going to say, 'See what we're going to do to you'." To which he adds, "And these dopes fell for that. These so-called great brains fell for that story." But in so far as the bomb was now an inexorable fact of existence, and, as Heinlein so colorfully phrased it, "You can't turn the sausage back into a hog," . . .

What's so funny is that Robert Oppenheimer was on the FBI's top 10 list of people to nab in case of a national security crisis due to his affiliations and membership in the communist party.

This was a big ass deal when he was put in as I/C of the Manhatten Project.

Scientology is such a louse at throwing around names and big shot crap that in one instance they would drop his name for clout for this and if it were to become known of his commie stuff then LRH would've been on the "know" about that and actively thwarting Oppenheimer's evil plots and all that.

Here he's a collaborator and I could easily see him as the villain with other PR spin.

Scientology is stupid...ain't it?

Infinite

There is a small problem with this Hubbard speech -- it did not occur at the CalTech meeting because our hero was not invited to this gathering of scientists -- he does not have proper credentials needed for an invitation. In other words, he is not a scientist but a quack unknown ourside the world of Scientology.
He delivered this speech, all right, but his audience were the empty vials of drugs scattered on the floor of his motel room.

That's not the only problem. The nuclear stuff was being run by the Army - why would some level, failed officer from the Navy be sent there with someone from the Coast Guard to speak with these people? The story is a lie . . . but what's the metaphor?

Gadfly

Crusader
That's not the only problem. The nuclear stuff was being run by the Army - why would some level, failed officer from the Navy be sent there with someone from the Coast Guard to speak with these people? The story is a lie . . . but what's the metaphor?

My experiences with Scientology taught me that they have absolutely NO REGARD for "truth".

To Hubbard and Scientology, anything can be "mocked up", and as long as they can get people to "agree" - then it is all cool.

"Data" to them is ANY FICTION at all.

When one understands just how Hubbard & Scientology view "reality", this is easy to understand. Simply, "postulates" are ANY sort of statement, assertion or claim. Whether such statements, claims and assertions align with "actual events, people and situations" is meanngless to them. To them, ALL REALITY is determined by AGREEMENT. So, they have no moral problem with "making up any set of lies", and striving to gain agreement with the lies - so as to "make it real".

The story of Hubbard's life, as portrayed by the Church of Scientology, is an endless fiction. It is make-believe tacked onto fairy tales.

Of course, when a person comes to believe that he or she can "make up" (postulate) anything, even in the face of contrary facts and data, that person is known as DELUSIONAL. And, so are many or most staunch card-carrying Scientologists. :yes:

guanoloco

As-Wased
My experiences with Scientology taught me that they have absolutely NO REGARD for "truth".

To Hubbard and Scientology, anything can be "mocked up", and as long as they can get people to "agree" - then it is all cool.

"Data" to them is ANY FICTION at all.

When one understands just how Hubbard & Scientology view "reality", this is easy to understand. Simply, "postulates" are ANY sort of statement, assertion or claim. Whether such statements, claims and assertions align with "actual events, people and situations" is meanngless to them. To them, ALL REALITY is determined by AGREEMENT. So, they have no moral problem with "making up any set of lies", and striving to gain agreement with the lies - so as to "make it real".

The story of Hubbard's life, as portrayed by the Church of Scientology, is an endless fiction. It is make-believe tacked onto fairy tales.

Of course, when a person comes to believe that he or she can "make up" (postulate) anything, even in the face of contrary facts and data, that person is known as DELUSIONAL. And, so are many or most staunch card-carrying Scientologists. :yes:

The ironic moronic reverse of all this is the countless diatribes of "exact time, place, form and event" and "as-ising" and all that crap about lies make one stupid and are overtous...yadda...yadda...yadda...

Hubbard, while defining and codifying all this yap about lies and SPs and illegal PCs and PTS crap and bank this and stuck flow that and ridge here and Black V case there and PC Type B and DB and NCG and a drug case and out ethics and not qualled to be in the SO and not qualled to be in HCO and not qualled to be an exec and merchants of chaos and criminals and what have you, was, ultimately the following:

- a liar
- an SP
- an illegal PC
- PTS
- caved in his bank from out-2D
- stuck pictures and all that yap
- extremely ridgy
- a Black V case
- a PC Type B
- a DB
- a NCG
- a drug case
- out ethics
- not qualled SO
- not qualled HCO
- not qualled exec
- a merchant of chaos
- a criminal

hubbard.jpg

...you get the picture?

The dude knew he was completely untrustworthy and factually put in policy protection from people exactly like him to safeguard his own enterprise.

Sleaze, anyone?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
- a liar
- an SP
- an illegal PC
- PTS
- caved in his bank from out-2D
- stuck pictures and all that yap
- extremely ridgy
- a Black V case
- a PC Type B
- a DB
- a NCG
- a drug case
- out ethics
- not qualled SO
- not qualled HCO
- not qualled exec
- a merchant of chaos
- a criminal

hubbard.jpg

Yeah, okay, so Ron had a couple minor outpoints, who doesn't?

I choose to file your Ethics Report with a yawn because of Ron's super upstats.

Hey, the guy saved all beings in the universe and singlehandedly reduced unemployment across Asia by creating the Buddha souvenir industry.

preview.jpg

Infinite

I see the Tortega followed up with the Richard Nixon Foundation. Over there, the media person, Jonathan Movroydis, replied as follows:

Hi Tony -

I hope all is well and it's great to hear from you. We too think the suggestion is ridiculous. It doesn't deserve a serious comment.

Best,

Jonathan

(Click love to the Village Voice)

While I understand Jonathan's comment, I believe the statment by Scientology that Richard Nixon was involved in a conspiracy against the US is worthy of serious comment. Perhaps not by the Foundation itself, but certainly by those of us observing the cult. I mean, if the Scilons can buy this sort of "mock up", what else will they buy . . . a reformation?