What's new

EXCUSE-OLOGY: Why didn't the tech work?

Gadfly

Crusader
"You're having troubles because you haven't had your life repair yet"

"You're having troubles because you're in the Non Interference Zone"

"You're having troubles because you aren't really clear/really went clear/are a past life clear"

"You're having troubles because you need (fill in blank..Running Program? Key to Life? Happiness Rundown? Auditor Training?) NEW Rundown that cures (fill in person's problem here) and/or course that teaches you to handle (fill in person's dilemma here)"

And YOU are having trouble because you are a nattery, critical SP, who is heavily "PTS to yourself"!

:hysterical:

(By the way - keep it up!) :thumbsup:

G

Gottabrain

And YOU are having trouble because you are a nattery, critical SP, who is heavily "PTS to yourself"!

:hysterical:

(By the way - keep it up!) :thumbsup:

:biggrin: Thanks, mate. That means a lot to me. :thumbsup:

I will never forget when I came back into AOLA after a year out of the SO and the RPF. It took about a year for me to have a full blown case of complete cognitive dissonance. Man, I couldn't stand the SO members, couldn't stand the public and couldn't relate to anyone else. It really sucked.

So at my lowest point, I go crawling back to AOLA, go through the front door on, bummer of all bummers, a Wednesday night. I'd forgotten the significance.

Ivan Obolensky, C/O AOLA, jumps toward me all friendly and hidyho. Told me there was a BRAND NEW Running Program out and it would handle all my problems.

I about dropped my jaw. I told him, "Brand NEW? But LRH is DEAD!"

Then the spiel about it only now being released to public but being done while he was alive... blah blah.

I just stared at him and shook my head. Then I leaned close to his face and said to him (and I'll bet he remembers this to this day)...

"You don't really believe what you're telling me, do you?"

No shit. I really did say that to the C/O AOLA.

He blushed, turned away, changed the subject.

He blew a couple of years later.

Gadfly

Crusader
:biggrin: Thanks, mate. That means a lot to me. :thumbsup:

I will never forget when I came back into AOLA after a year out of the SO and the RPF. It took about a year for me to have a full blown case of complete cognitive dissonance. Man, I couldn't stand the SO members, couldn't stand the public and couldn't relate to anyone else. It really sucked.

So at my lowest point, I go crawling back to AOLA, go through the front door on, bummer of all bummers, a Wednesday night. I'd forgotten the significance.

Ivan Obolensky, C/O AOLA, jumps toward me all friendly and hidyho. Told me there was a BRAND NEW Running Program out and it would handle all my problems.

I about dropped my jaw. I told him, "Brand NEW? But LRH is DEAD!"

Then the spiel about it only now being released to public but being done while he was alive... blah blah.

I just stared at him and shook my head. Then I leaned close to his face and said to him (and I'll bet he remembers this to this day)...

"You don't really believe what you're telling me, do you?"

No shit. I really did say that to the C/O AOLA.

He blushed, turned away, changed the subject.

He blew a couple of years later.

You are VERY welcome! :thumbsup:

YOU had BALLS! (metaphorically speaking)

Telling the CO AOLO, "You don't really believe what you're telling me, do you?". That is so very cool! :yes:

There were so many times where I wanted to say something to some staff or public, but because of concerns for family & friends, and still "wanting my Bridge", I kept my mouth shut so as to "not get into trouble". I would bet that many of us can remember moments where we WANTED to say something, but held back because of a similar concern (or fear).

I HATED that about life in Scientolpogy. Hubbard got me all excited about being able to "communicate what is true for me based on my own observations" (ref: Personal Integrity), but then stuck me in a rigid environment (organized Scientology) where doing so was quite impossible. Just another of the MANY contradictions inherent to the subject and practices of Scientology. :confused2:

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
GottaBrain, let me add, of course, there were than a few times where I did make my views known.

For example, back in 1980 I was a Flag Reg in Toronto. I had writtten to LRH every once in awhile on the SO #1 line. That was back when the small initials began appearing right under LRH's "signature". The person who really wrote the letter? :confused2:

Now, first, I had been getting the feeling for quite a long while that Hubbard was NOT writing the letters. Second, it was obvious that the signatures were "rubber-stamped". I held a few letters up the the light, and placed them over one another the the signatures were EXACTLY the same.

I mentioned this to quite a few people I knew. I recall the LRH Comm telling me in total sincerity, "LRH can write the signatures exactly the same because he is so OT". I nearly guffawed. That was just another instance along the Scientology road where I saw actual real life examples of how a person with SEVERE FIXED IDEAS could and would "re-arrange" perceptions of reality to conform to their beliefs.

The LRH Comm "dubbed-in" this idea to "make sense" of how the signatures could all be the same. It fit in with her over-indoctrinated version/model of reality (assertions about Scientology and Hubbard).

Anyways, somebody KR'ed me on "spreading enemy line and entheta", and I did get asked about it in a Sec Check while recalled to flag at some point. You know, "who told you that", "who did you tell", and so forth. I simply told them, "it is fucking obvious", "open your eyes and look". My needle floated and that was that.

I realized that nobody in the Sea Org gave a shit about WHAT YOU THINK (on the inside), as long as you keep your mouth shut, play along, and keep the money rolling in. :ohmy:

G

Gottabrain

You are VERY welcome! :thumbsup:

YOU had BALLS! (metaphorically speaking)

:biggrin: I guess I can have metaphorical balls and still be fully female, right?

Telling the CO AOLO, "You don't really believe what you're telling me, do you?". That is so very cool! :yes:

heh heh. Thanks. :coolwink: I wasn't feeling cool at the time, though. My mind was FUCKED. Back then, I was incapable of being even the least bit diplomatic, know what I mean? If something was the truth, I just said it! The RPF was a hellish nightmare, I was only out of it about a year then. The only truths I knew in that year were ones I had to figure out myself - the hard, painful, alone way. So I really wanted to know - did he really believe that line of bullshit? Was it as clearly bullshit to him as it was to me? I was confused and even shocked that he would even say that to me, like I was some dumb public. It was weird. I couldn't believe I had been like that as an SO member, but I was. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

There were so many times where I wanted to say something to some staff or public, but because of concerns for family & friends, and still "wanting my Bridge", I kept my mouth shut so as to "not get into trouble". I would bet that many of us can remember moments where we WANTED to say something, but held back because of a similar concern (or fear).

I HATED that about life in Scientolpogy. Hubbard got me all excited about being able to "communicate what is true for me based on my own observations" (ref: Personal Integrity), but then stuck me in a rigid environment (organized Scientology) where doing so was quite impossible. Just another of the MANY contradictions inherent to the subject and practices of Scientology. :confused2:

Yeh, it was hard for public, too that way, wasn't it? Almost harder than staff in a way. How awful never to be able to truly speak your mind. And all the controls were used on public - from disconnection to ethics to having to pay heaps of money - to keep anyone who was public from acting up who might dare state the truth to anyone, at any time, if it was ever negative about Scientology.

...and we thought communism was bad. :omg:

87844-bigthumbnail.jpg

G

Gottabrain

GottaBrain, let me add, of course, there were than a few times where I did make my views known...

...Anyways, somebody KR'ed me on "spreading enemy line and entheta", and I did get asked about it in a Sec Check while recalled to flag at some point. You know, "who told you that", "who did you tell", and so forth. I simply told them, "it is fucking obvious", "open your eyes and look". My needle floated and that was that.

I realized that nobody in the Sea Org gave a shit about WHAT YOU THINK (on the inside), as long as you keep your mouth shut, play along, and keep the money rolling in. :ohmy:

I think it's cool that you said that in your sec check, Gadfly. :thumbsup: Good on ya! And good that the auditor and C/S let it go with the F/N.

Very different these days. The cult has definitely gone on a steep dive down and controls are harsher than ever.

I heard recently that new SO are not even allowed cell phones. Calls must be made by a phone where they are monitored. Then there are all the videotapes of session. That's new - sessions were never recorded or video'd unless for some reason used for training or the C/S wanted to review it - and then only the once, with the person's permission. If no permission, it just wasn't done.

What you said about dealing with the SO back then was sadly true. It was always a controlling, fanatical cult and the SO were the police enforcers. Now they are more like prison guards.

Gadfly

Crusader
I think it's cool that you said that in your sec check, Gadfly. :thumbsup: Good on ya! And good that the auditor and C/S let it go with the F/N.

Very different these days. The cult has definitely gone on a steep dive down and controls are harsher than ever.

I heard recently that new SO are not even allowed cell phones. Calls must be made by a phone where they are monitored. Then there are all the videotapes of session. That's new - sessions were never recorded or video'd unless for some reason used for training or the C/S wanted to review it - and then only the once, with the person's permission. If no permission, it just wasn't done.

What you said about dealing with the SO back then was sadly true. It was always a controlling, fanatical cult and the SO were the police enforcers. Now they are more like prison guards.

Yeah, the control has surely been more and better "streamlined". I remember when all the "security guards" began appearing, and when the fences began being put up around all Sea Org installations. To keep out the "outside influences" (as they are called in policy), and to keep the Sea Org members heavily insulated and sheltered from "reality", "facts" and "truth". And, THAT is a "road to freedom"? :no:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

OMG. This post turned into an epic rant!

TL;dw

Too long, didn't write. Really! I swear, my reactive mind made me do it! LOL.

REG
Hey it's wonderful to see you.
You are so theta.
You are such a big being.
You are so upstat.
You are one of the elite beings!
You are one of the ethical beings taking responsibility.
You are so on source.
You are proof that Ron's tech works.
You are a shining example of OT.
You are an inspiration to all Scientologists everywhere.

OT VIII
Gee, thanks. So, what did you want to see me about?

REG
Something is very, very wrong with you.
I'm here to help you.

OT VIII
Wutt? I thought you just said I was so OT.

REG
Oh, you are so OT.
It's just that your case has ruined your life.

OT VIII
Ruined my life? Wait, I thought you said I
was proof that the tech works because I
am such a big being.

REG
Yes. You are a big being.
But you could be a huge being, like Ron.
Something is ruining your life and we had better
get to the bottom of it before you spin in and go
insane and die, or worse. So, my friend, what
is ruining your life?

OT VIII
Well....nothing. I mean I felt like I had a floating
TA when I came in here a minute ago.

REG
I see. It appears you need Sec Checks to raise your confront--
and then you will be able to perceive what is ruining your life.
Let's just get you a tech estimate and then---

OT VIII
Wait. No, I can take a look. Yeah, okay, you're right. I
just realized I do have a big ruin.

REG
That's great. Did you want to share your win with me?

OT VIII
Well, it's...my finances. My car was repossessed, I lost
my house to foreclosure, my creditors are suing me and
my bankruptcy lawyer will not return my calls since I
haven't paid him. Um, do you mind if I take that half-eaten
slice of pizza out of your trash can there?

REG
I don't think that's a good idea. Ron says if I give you
something for free you will become a criminal.

OT VIII
Well, I could exchange for it. I haven't eaten
for two days. Please, let me clean your office
and your new car you just bought with those
bonuses for being the top reg in the birthday game.

REG
So sad. Propitiation. Rollercoaster. Motivators. My
friend you have lost all your case gain that Ron and
I and all the staff here worked so hard to get for you.

OT VIII
I'm really sorry.

REG
You are so PTS, that's your ruin. You have allowed
SP's to destroy your money lines and you sit there
thinking it's okay to not handle it.

OT VIII
But what can I do?

REG
You need the new ERROR auditing breakthrough!
It handles the wholetrack reason that a being
pulls in ruins and goes down the dwindling spiral.

OT VIII
ERROR?

REG
End of Ruin & Rehabilitation of OT Rundown.

OT VIII
Wow. That totally indicates. But I don't have any
money, my charge cards are canceled and the bank
closed my accounts.

REG
There you go again, dramatizing MEST stops. That's
your problem--you're reasonable with the SP's that
keep destroying your finances!

OT VIII
But--

REG
No buts, that's Q & A! Now how times have you
come crawling into the reg office with that
same damn ruin that you have no money? You
just keep getting worse and worse.

OT VIII
But--

REG
No buts! This is your first chance in all of eternity
to fight back against the SPs who steal your money
and turn an immortal, all-powerful being into a
pathetic, total effect, homeless victim.

OT VIII
OMG. I've really let you and
Ron down. (sobbing)

REG
Now you are finally coming up tone--into grief.

OT VIII
Thank you so much.

REG
So, are you going to stop those SPs once
and for all? How much time and money have
you wasted already trying to do something
about those damn SPs?

OT VIII
Well, you've been my reg for 21 years...it's over
a million dollars for me and my two ex-wives to
try to spot the SP that is ruining me financially.
It's just that every time I come in to see you, it
seems like there is a new rundown--I mean, I've
had the PTS rundown 3 times, the Clear PTS rundown,
the OT Rollercoaster Rundown, the Suppressed Person
rundown, the End of the Endless Effect rundown, the
L9, L10 and L11 rundowns, the Repair of Non-Standard
PTS rundowns rundown and the--

REG
I get it, I get it, I get it! Don't you see what's happening?
Those were all negative case gain rundowns. This brand
new ERROR rundown is the first actual OT level.

OT VIII
The first OT level?

REG
Whatever, don't get all hung up on significance. Just look
what the SP's have done to you, all figure-figure and think-think.
My God, what has happened to you my friend? You used to be
so upstat and now here you are, worrying about MEST money
when you are so, so, so close.

OT VIII
I am?

REG
Sure, your tech estimate is only 37.5 hours and with the sliding
scale and IAS discount and Priority Patron Pricing, it's only
$35,000. And as a power flow to you, if you pay today, the org
will even throw in a free gold ERROR lapel pin and a fresh full-size
hot pizza, still in the box.

OT VIII
My God, I want this so badly.
I need this so badly.
But how can I pay for it?

REG
Didn't you tell me once that you became the
Trustee for your mom's retirement account
after she had those strokes and couldn't talk
or sign her name and you had to put her in
one of those wog assisted living facilities?

OT VIII
Um yes, but all her money is needed to pay
for the medical care.

REG
Wake up, man. She's been in there for 15
years, ever since she went to the hospital right
in the middle of her PTS rundown. Look at the
stats, brushing aside all bias and rumor. How is
she now compared to when she first went in there?

OT VIII
Well she's had two more strokes and went blind. But
maybe that's because she's now 101 years old?

REG
No, no, no. Ron says that time is the basis of all
abberation. You've got to stop being the effect of
SP thinking. You need that ERROR rundown and
your mom needs to finish her PTS rundown or
neither one of you is going to make it--as a being.
What does Ron say about your immortality?

OT VIII
...we only have this brief breath in time?

REG
Thatta boy. Now, I just happen to have a copy of the
trust documents and a notary public standing by in
reception so you can sign these liquidation orders and
get your mom's MEST money working for both of you
today. We are going to be able to give her the same
discounts on her auditing program if we package it
as a family account today.

OT VIII
You'd do that for me and my mom? Wow, how can I thank you?

REG
Now, you understand that we have to first get her Patron Status
upgraded and put her exchange in on the Library Donation
Program, the Ideal Org fund, the SuperPower Cornerstone
Project and the new Basics Titanium Plates Underground
Vault Humanitarian Program.

OT VIII
We need to donate to the vaults again?

REG
Hey, are you going to leave your own mom stranded on this
planet, suffering endlessly after the upcoming nuclear war?
Here, I am going to let you sign it with one of our 18 karat
postulate pens. Go ahead, sign it.

OT VIII
I can't thank you enough.
I don't know what I would have done if
you and Ron and Scientology had not salvaged me!​

Okay, thanks! I've gotten that out of my system. :hattip:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Hoaxie, were you drinking lots of coffee this morning? :coolwink::biggrin:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Actually yes. I only got 2-3 hours sleep and had an early morning meeting.

I brewed a pot of unbelievably strong, hot, fresh-ground coffee and have been drinking it.

OMG!

That is insanely funny that you asked me that! It is soooooo true that I am amped up from this nuclear-powered java. I swear, this stuff is stronger than the toxic waste that spilled out of Chernobyl!

I think I am going to unwind and get some sleep soon. God, why did i drink that stuff? Oh yeah, I remember, cuz it feels so good! LOL

(...and it was incredibly fun to write that rant...i've had that feeling about regging percolating around for decades and finally just let the brutal, crazy, ugly stuff about Scientology just raise to full boil and erupt from my keyboard. It didn't actually take that long to write, I type crazy fast)

Holly

Patron
8) EVER! It isn't "tech" because it isn't based on anything but Hubbard's mind figments. :coolwink:

When does the tek not work?

1) When the person has friends, family or associates who are not brainwashed so do not "agree" to the altered hypnotic state of the individual,

2) When a person has a history of any mental illness. It does not help sick people.

3) When a person is doing well in life. It does not help people who are doing well. It only teaches them how to cheat their employees, lie to the government and others and suck out every bit of money from others by scams, conning or other unethical and ruthless measures.

4) When a person has found "other practices" that work well for him/her that are not Scientology.

5) When a person is physically sick. It does not cure cancer, heal blindness, or any of the other outrageous claims made.

6) When a person is just checking it out and has not decided to believe in it (the "open minded" person).

7) When a person has read the truth about Hubbard and Scientology's victims and history elsewhere.

Have I missed anyone?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology works if you believe it works and if you swallow all the indoctrination that is laid in over years and years.

If it looks like it's starting to not work or you have doubts, well you better go back and get thoroughly indoctrinated again! Or disconnect from anyone who hasn't been thoroughly indoctrinated. If you substitute the word "brainwash" for "indoctrinate" that's just as good.

You have two choices as a Scientologist: Get totally brainwashed and make sure everyone around you is brainwashed as well. Or get out quick while you still have some sanity.

Stay in and weed out all SP's, and you might get a pretty certificate that says "OT VIII" after 30 or 40 years. You'll have the status but no real ability.

Total bankruptcy and isolation from the real world is the real EP!

HelluvaHoax!

Excellent rant Hoaxie, and disturbingly close to reality.:omg:

Thanks so much.

I normally try to fit those little dialogue vignettes into 6 lines only. The really lovely ones somehow end up just that size--maybe like a Haiku poem has its own perfected form of three lines of 5,7 and 5 syllables.

Anyways, on this rare occasion I permitted myself the indulgence of just letting the characters speak as much as they wanted and allowed it to go wherever it wanted to go. It's always a surprise. This one kind of took a slightly dark, gallows-humor turn near the end, but that's what it wanted to be.

Glad to know that at least one person read it. LOL

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Thanks so much.

I normally try to fit those little dialogue vignettes into 6 lines only. The really lovely ones somehow end up just that size--maybe like a Haiku poem has its own perfected form of three lines of 5,7 and 5 syllables.

Anyways, on this rare occasion I permitted myself the indulgence of just letting the characters speak as much as they wanted and allowed it to go wherever it wanted to go. It's always a surprise. This one kind of took a slightly dark, gallows-humor turn near the end, but that's what it wanted to be.

Glad to know that at least one person read it. LOL

LOL. Hoaxy, I read it. I didn't think about the coffee bit but it sure does fit.

While I was reading it, I was thinking it would make a good short movie to illustrate a true example of the mind warp.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Why the tech didn't work!

"Well the manuscript was sent to the publishers and they gave it to their typesetter and he, it has since been discovered was connected to Eli Lilly, shifted whole paragraphs, dropped out words and omitted whole chapters." This recent discovery by Mr Miscavige has been corrected and we now release to you for the first time the technology as LRH intended it. Buy your materials at the door, we will not unlock them until you all have your copies!"

Free Being Me

Crusader
Excuse-ology: There aren't enough o.t.'s up the bridge to postulate a global theta environment. All the reactive postulates are countering the tek.

True statement, I had a scio tell me that back in 1999. :duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Talk about excuses!

If Ron was such a powerful and ethical Operating Thetan, how come the tech didn't work for him and--

* His oldest son blew Scientology and was declared an SP.
* His youngest son blew Scientology and committed suicide.
* His wife waged a crime wave at his behest, after which she was arrested and sent to federal prison while he didn't life a finger to save, help or even see her.
* He, himself used disguises, hiding in motorhomes on the run from authorities?
* He was not able to achieve financial and professional success without cheating, lying, stealing & defrauding?
* He was not able to stop making enemies for himself and Scientology, for which his only answer was to attack them harder to the point of personal destruction by any criminal means--including but not limited to; getting them fired, causing them to be falsely accused of terrorism or bomb threats, getting them unjustifiably sent to prison for crimes they did not commit, driving them to go insane and be institutionalized or just driving them to commit suicide.

Well, Scientology? How come the tech didn't work for Ron?

SCIENTOLOGY ANSWER: The tech did work for Ron. He was putting order in on the planet and those outpoints were simply confusion blowing off.

guanoloco

As-Wased
OT VIII
Well she's had two more strokes and went blind. But
maybe that's because she's now 101 years old?

REG
No, no, no. Ron says that time is the basis of all
abberation.
You've got to stop being the effect of
SP thinking. You need that ERROR rundown and
your mom needs to finish her PTS rundown or
neither one of you is going to make it--as a being.
What does Ron say about your immortality?

OT VIII
...we only have this brief breath in time?

REG
Thatta boy. Now, I just happen to have a copy of the
trust documents and a notary public standing by in
reception so you can sign these liquidation orders and
get your mom's MEST money working for both of you
today. We are going to be able to give her the same
discounts on her auditing program if we package it
as a family account today.​

I love this - whether intentional or not it is Scientology at its diabolical best.

Oh...and the tech DOES work 100% of the time...except on days that end with "y".