What's new

A NEW Church structure

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I posted this on another thread, but I think it could be fun to see if a new & improved "Church of Scientology" could be constructed to replace the existing scene. As that wasn't the topic of the other thread, I have started this one.

I think the entire management structure of the church needs to be ABOLISHED. No more SO. no more CLO, FLO, INT, CMO, WDC, RTC, CST.

There is no way to fix the current setup. It is flawed and locked in place by KSW #1. As Ron said, the best political system is a benign monarchy - the problem is succession (and I may add the deterioration of the existing, once good, monarch). Current structure basically requires a benign monarch(s). The are no checks & balances in the structure of the organization. Thus we get DM.

I suppose there is some need for maybe one organization to certify orgs delivery capabilities, coordinate publishing the materials and perhaps settling disputes, but I'm not sure that I'd give them any power over a church. In fact it should be the other way round. Any upper body could be thrown out by a 2/3 majority of churches.

Scientology would spread far faster if all the management crap was eliminated.

Let people start and run churches just like the Christians do. Let them deliver whatever they can deliver based on their trained staff. I suppose there should be some sort of certification of what "class" church you were and thus what services you could deliver, but this would be a very straight-forward checklist of requirements. Any church should be able to train up to the level of class VIII or even class XII if they have the requisite trained staff. Delivery of OT levels would also be by meeting requirements for your technical staff.

If all the crap was eliminated I think you'd see a lot of highly trained people come back to help out.

It would cause a MASSIVE flow of stranded Scientologists up the bridge.

Oh but who is going to protect the "tech"? Well, let me point out that RTC is NOT doing that now so WTF good are they?

Oh the squirrels - well word would get around. Results or no results. Don't give good service - you'll shrivel and die.

The entire freezone could come out from under the threats of the C of S as bonified churchs if they so desired.

The existing policy would need to be reviewed, revised and canceled. I'm not sure how that exactly could be accomplished. But for sure KSW #1 needs to be revised to make it "permissible". All "black" policies canceled. People would have to "get over" Ron's infallibility and face the facts. I can see the fur flying on this. However, I'm sure that it could be done.

Some new slogans:

FREE THE ORGS!!!

RTC LET MY ORG GO FREE

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you look at the size of "management" in relation to what they manage. OMG what a top heavy org board. It is no wonder there is no expansion, churches are squashed by the sheer weight from above.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
All confidential materials to be made unconfidential. No one is spinning from reading about OT III. People need to be informed that is is a bad idea to try to process things above their "case level". But I see no need to create a mystery sandwich.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
A lot of this stuff was not real to me till recently and I agree have it like the Christian churches. Pay as one can afford it too.

Donations accepted to keep church going but not a set donation.

Barb

dr3k

Patron with Honors
Here's the new COS business structure:

20050818045742_0.jpg

Div6

Crusader
"Management" is not needed. Virtual orgs will assemble and disassemble in areas as needed. The stats are Life.

Nuclear war = Fail

Veda

Sponsor
PirateAndBum,

You're going in the right direction; however, here's some constructive criticism:

You're still pushing Implantology.

Hubbard had a self-serving hidden agenda dating back to at least 1938, and you can't confront that yet.

Read Hubbard's 1955 'Textbook on Psycho-politics'. First you'll need to subtract all of that from the subject.

Then you'll need to recognize that telling people the contents of their own minds and spaces (Implantology) is a violation of the Auditor's Code, and using e-meters as truth detectors is misleading and manipulative.

Then you'll need to recognize that what's left isn't Scientology anymore but another subject.

Then you'll need to read the collection of links below:

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=37634&postcount=2

Otherwise, you'll be recommending that people open their minds to a subject that you, yourself, have not fully examined, and do not fully understand.

In my humble opinion.

Terril park

Sponsor
All confidential materials to be made unconfidential. No one is spinning from reading about OT III. People need to be informed that is is a bad idea to try to process things above their "case level". But I see no need to create a mystery sandwich.

Most don't spin. A few do. Maybe a tech maven could
make a write up that informs people and won't put a few in a spin.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Veda. I agree. I understand your view on implantology. If it is made non-confidential then it can at least be viewed. No one has to buy into it. I'm not suggesting it be shrouded at all. Any brainwash aspects of Scn need to be eliminated. Some will say then you have no subject, but I do not agree.

I think there is need for further research. Also for assessment of what the value of OT 1-7 actually are. Since currently NO ONE can even speak about the damn levels to anyone there is no way to know what is really going on with them. (excepting I guess the freezone. But even the FZ keeps the level confidential.) It appears there is case gain to be made from them. Certainly the evaluative aspect could be mitigated.

However, for some reason I do think there is a place for a religion based on spiritual technology. Maybe there is no need for "religion" at all. But it does have certain advantages in the current setup on this planet.

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
If all the crap was eliminated I think you'd see a lot of highly trained people come back to help out.

Perhaps. I wouldn't. They don't have anything which I want and which I haven't had already. So there is no point in going there.

Nick

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
Since currently NO ONE can even speak about the damn levels to anyone there is no way to know what is really going on with them. (excepting I guess the freezone. But even the FZ keeps the level confidential.)

It depends on what bit of the freezone you're talking about. The Rons Org bit does respect confidentiality and it seems that IFA does at least in principle - however, since that group is internet based, the confidentiality bit is really just a paper bag - everyone knows most anything they want to. There are, however, other people who are 'standard techies' who are not hung up about this aspect. For example, Ralph won't particularly talk about it to you unless you talk about it to him - but he will talk about it if you do.

Nick

dr3k

Patron with Honors
I don't think you can save COS. Especially since they're descending slowly into being like the raliens. They think ANONYMOUS is sent by the Marcabians to destroy Earth. I mean - how much more crackers can you get from there?

Terril park

Sponsor
I don't think you can save COS. Especially since they're descending slowly into being like the raliens. They think ANONYMOUS is sent by the Marcabians to destroy Earth. I mean - how much more crackers can you get from there?

You have an URL?

I think there is need for further research. Also for assessment of what the value of OT 1-7 actually are.

There is a lot of agreement on both these points in the fz.

Since currently NO ONE can even speak about the damn levels to anyone there is no way to know what is really going on with them. (excepting I guess the freezone. But even the FZ keeps the level confidential.)

Since the fz chatters like magpies about the stuff (self included on occasion) I'd hardly call it "confidential". Although, generally speaking the "standard tech" fz people won't discuss it with persons they aren't comfortable with and who aren't at least on the levels.

It appears there is case gain to be made from them. Certainly the evaluative aspect could be mitigated.

Yes, there is case gain available. Mileage varies, but proper preparation is a major facilitator.

Neither belief nor acceptance are required. Actually running the stuff is.

However, for some reason I do think there is a place for a religion based on spiritual technology. Maybe there is no need for "religion" at all. But it does have certain advantages in the current setup on this planet.

The planetary "reality" is that things "spiritual" are best dealt with either by "religious organizations" or mystical anchorites. Since individual "mystics" tend to seem a bit alien to most people's lifestyles, all in all, "religions" are preferable.

Mark A. Baker

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
The planetary "reality" is that things "spiritual" are best dealt with either by "religious organizations" or mystical anchorites. Since individual "mystics" tend to seem a bit alien to most people's lifestyles, all in all, "religions" are preferable.

Yes, thus I think there is a place for such a religion. I certainly can deal with it not being one as well. But tax deductions are nice. :)

don't think you can save COS. Especially since they're descending slowly into being like the raliens. They think ANONYMOUS is sent by the Marcabians to destroy Earth. I mean - how much more crackers can you get from there?

LULZ - Don't kid yourself. I doubt DM is thinking any such thing.

I'm not trying to save the CofS -- what I suggest certainly wouldn't be anything like the current CofS at all.

There is a religious philosophy called Scientology separate from the corporate structure and misguided mess in place at this time. I see that there is value in the application of the philosophy. I look around and don't find any existing religion that fills my requirements -- so I'd kinda like to have one more to my liking. The Scientology that was put up as a vision seemed pretty good - the reality that was created was not. I don't see why a "good" version couldn't be fashioned. Obviously the booby-traps would need to be removed. Perhaps I am just naive. Just my thoughts on the matter.

nowout

Patron with Honors
From the above link:

"Allegedly some brilliant Hubbard fanatic has convinced many senior Co$ that the Marcabs, the Fourth or Fifth
Invader Fleet and the Psychos have used the Internet to take control of thousands of net Minions. "

According to the LBV and BFG posts, there are no IGs RTC, WDC, ED Int & Exec Strata on post - they're in the SP room. They didn't post wild rumors. What Snr Co$ are there? DM and DM?

I don't understand this - Is this a joke?

Too many generalities and really wild, space opera ideas there; does anyone know or believe this?