What's new

Andy Porter's In and Out of the Church of Scientology

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

His story gives an indication of why the missions flourished. They didn't have to let the SO or the networks on the premises. Also gives an indication why the FZ is doing best in the former Russian states. :)

Not from the Sea Org, but there was plenty of "up-lines" meddling with Missions in the 1960s and 1970s; however, Missions were the feeders for the totalist mind-control Hubbard cult of Scientology, and so were allowed relative freedom.

It served Scientology's ends for it to be that way, up to the point when Hubbard decided that it was time to loot the Missions en masse in '82

As for the FZ in the former Soviet Union, that's mostly Ron's Orgs, which is a Hubbard-worshiping flying saucer cult.

Good luck with that. :headspin:

Veda

Sponsor
Thank you for helping me put this in perspective. The guy is
a great writer and the story that he weaves fits right into
Marty's world view, just like the Debbie Cook story did.

And... like the rest of the former $ci bigshots, he missed the
point of the "squirrel de-dinging" processes. The reason that
it scared the shit out of church management was that, for the
first time, the correct "who" was allowed to be named.

"Dings" were actually incidents where people were treated with
out-ARC by other $cientologists. It indicated tons of BPC to all
those who were screamed at, conned, mistreated, or worse by
regges, indifferent sea-ogres and their semiors. At the time it
totally revitalized the mission scene, and despite the ridiculously
high prices, began a new flow of money into the mission networks.

"De-dinging's" only crimes were that it wasn't originated by LRH
and it brought in a ton of money. Old Phatso never saw it
coming. He was too busy hiding out in a motor home.

:coolwink:

De-dinging was inspired from de-PTSing, and possibly came from photocopies of the old (foolscap sized paper, black and white drawings, when it was a pilot project) 'Key to Life' course - which was supposed to be the latest hot thing from RON, and thus excited Scientologists.

I spoke with Kingsley Wimbush in late 1983 and asked him about de-dinging and PTS, SP etc., and he had concluded - by then he was out of $cientology - that the "SP" was L. Ron Hubbard.

It's funny that Robert Kaufman, in his 1972 book, Inside Scientology, at the end, while riding in a train on his way home. and while reading Krishnamurti, also concluded that Hubbard was the "SP."

As for Hubbard, he did see it coming, and as the Missions were fattened up with hyper-enthusiastic Scientologists, "going Clear" on New Era Dianetics (who were promptly gobbled "up lines" to do their "OT" levels, etc.), and dreaming of achieving "cause over life" with New Era Dianetics for OTs, he was preparing for the herding and slaughter of the fat and juicy Missions and their bank accounts.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip> . . . And... like the rest of the former $ci bigshots, he missed the point of the "squirrel de-dinging" processes. The reason that it scared the shit out of church management was that, for the first time, the correct "who" was allowed to be named.

"Dings" were actually incidents where people were treated with out-ARC by other $cientologists. It indicated tons of BPC to all those who were screamed at, conned, mistreated, or worse by regges, indifferent sea-ogres and their semiors. At the time it totally revitalized the mission scene, and despite the ridiculously
high prices, began a new flow of money into the mission networks.

"De-dinging's" only crimes were that it wasn't originated by LRH and it brought in a ton of money. Old Phatso never saw it coming. He was too busy hiding out in a motor home.

Ahhh . . . good spotting, I missed that passing reference in the general TL/DR.

As far as I can tell, that de-dinging process would've brought an awareness among Scientologists to the times when they had been put down, or shut-up, or ignored, or otherwise negated. ARC-X, as you say. There's the Scientology thing about "invalidation" and/or "evaluation" but the de-dinging process would've extended that idea from "sessions" into the social and work realm where much of the manipulation takes place and the Auditing-implanting is exploited. I'm sure its real "crime" is that it highlighted a significant aspect of the early stages of the Scientology mind fuck and would've allowed for the questioning of authority and the idea of some sort of accountability - an anathema to any cult and its functionaries. I'm not so sure L Ron Hubbard didn't see it for what it was and had to move quickly.

Veda

Sponsor
Ahhh . . . good spotting, I missed that passing reference in the general TL/DR.

As far as I can tell, that de-dinging process would've brought an awareness among Scientologists to the times when they had been put down, or shut-up, or ignored, or otherwise negated. ARC-X, as you say. There's the Scientology thing about "invalidation" and/or "evaluation" but the de-dinging process would've extended that idea from "sessions" into the social and work realm where much of the manipulation takes place and the Auditing-implanting is exploited. I'm sure its real "crime" is that it highlighted a significant aspect of the early stages of the Scientology mind fuck and would've allowed for the questioning of authority and the idea of some sort of accountability - an anathema to any cult and its functionaries. I'm not so sure L Ron Hubbard didn't see it for what it was and had to move quickly.

I remember being happily "off lines" during the January 1977 through 1983 period. Sometime during 1976, Hubbard announced, along with his 'Your fees do not go to me" B.S. statement, that prices would be going up a certain percentage each month, then, in early 1977, came the bizarre LSD Zombies Sweat (rubber suit) program, and Joking and Degrading HCOBs, then a series of 'Advance!' magazines, with cover photographs "taken by Ron," that were awful and embarrassing and could not be shown to any prospective "raw meat," lest they laugh out loud at the ridiculous photos on the cover, then - let's see - there were the FBI raids, which, at the time, I didn't pay much attention to, being an off-lines pantie waisted dilettante, then came Hubbard's butchering of the middle Grade Chart and Dianetic Clear, and 'The Way to Happiness' booklet which, to me, seemed stupid and a step backwards (a moral code? I "don't need no stinkin' moral code" :biggrin:), then Hubbard butchered the upper Grade Chart and NOTs came along, and Orgs were full of "Diantic Clears," etc., and then came de-dinging, which I also didn't like, and I was glad not to be anywhere near. De-dinging, at the time, was not in the slightest regarded as "squirrel." It was super-On-Source with emphasis on "flowing power to power," with the ultimate Power being L. Ron Hubbard.

Problem was, Hubbard was in hiding from the Feds and from the Boogeyman, while at the same time secretly running Scientology - at the top - through his Commodore's Messengers (jump ahead to Hubbard's removal of his wife as the head of the Guardian's Office around 1981).

At the time, Scientologists were in a bewildered state, while also having a fierce TOTAL CERTAINTY, etc.

Scientologists were connected to Source but Source was in hiding, secretly running Scientology, while pretending that he wasn't running anything.

Wacko.

There are still people who haven't figured out this period, and it seems that folks such as Marty would like them to remain nice and Scientologically dumb about it indefinitely.

smartone

My Own Boss
Can anyone explain to me how Andy could be such a globetrotter all the while being "staff" or whatever in Scientology? I can't understand how someone's who's income was dependent on the CoS as staff and who was paying for his OT levels managed to live all over the world promoting CoS.

Was his family wealthy? Most staff members on here could barely afford cigarettes and vending machine food to stay alive, much less plane tickets and visa application processing to far flung locations. He mentions being a "consultant" for stuff related to the CoS - is that part of the con a cash cow for some? Maybe one of the reasons he stuck with it was, unlike most people, because he actually made money via the cult?

I had exactly the same thought. Anybody?

Terril park

Sponsor
Not from the Sea Org, but there was plenty of "up-lines" meddling with Missions in the 1960s and 1970s; however, Missions were the feeders for the totalist mind-control Hubbard cult of Scientology, and so were allowed relative freedom.

Note the positioning tech. You succumbed to totalist mind control?

It served Scientology's ends for it to be that way, up to the point when Hubbard decided that it was time to loot the Missions en masse in '82

You will no doubt have this better documented than I. DM had taken control of comm lines to LRH who'd put himself in a difficult situation. So
DM or LRH?

As for the FZ in the former Soviet Union, that's mostly Ron's Orgs, which is a Hubbard-worshiping flying saucer cult.

Good luck with that. :headspin:

Again this is positioning in a pejoritive sense. Flying saucers are not even involved!

Stick to DC 8s!!!

You need word clearing we can skype :)

In ROs one does the bridge up to OT 3. Then one deviates slightly from
CO$ OT levels. [ you think this is a bad thing????]

Meanwhile most have become auditors and address the grades, comm,
problems, confessional areas, upsets and justifications et all.

I know you are not agin all of this.

Chill out dude!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had exactly the same thought. Anybody?

Well it was mentioned here he was a reg so I'm guessing with other people's money. Seems like he didn't have a lot of "back off" for asking.

What was Elron's definition of a criminal? Someone who commits crimes so frequently they don't even think twice about it anymore or something like that.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

You will no doubt have this better documented than I.

-snip-

Apparently.

During 1983 - 1985, I spoke with almost all the key people involved.

Here's some background information re. this period - included are these chapters from the book 'Messiah or Madman?' by Bent Corydon, author, and Class VII, Class VIII, OT 7 old and new, FEBC, and the holder of the world's largest mission.

You may wish to consult these.

The chapters are:

15. Hubbard in Hiding: The Secret Desert Command Post

16. The Savior Lives Just Down the Road!

17. A Reform Movement is Derailed

18. Hubbard's "Billion Dollar Caper"

19. The Savior's Revenge

20. Thousands Break from Hubbard's Church

Note: The only available scan on the Net is a crude 1998 scan of the 1987 edition, but it has the info. Chapter titles may vary slightly in different editions.

The following is an excerpt from 'Messiah or Madman?' and gives some idea of the amount of secrecy and intrigue involved in Scientology.

Around 1981, Bill Franks was appointed by Hubbard as "Executive Director," but what exactly did that mean?

Bent Corydon was a friend of Bill Franks. The following is an excerpt from the chapter, 'A Reform Movement is Derailed' in 'Messiah or Madman?':

"When... Mary Sue's defense was seen as futile, and the legal heat was being directed increasingly at Hubbard himself, Hubbard ordered a 'palace coup' by his 'kids' (his youthful messengers)...

"David Miscavige 'handled' Mary Sue Hubbard, and Bill Franks was assigned to 'handle' the head of the Guardian's Office, Jane Kember.

"The entire old G.O. was headed for jail. Hubbard ordered his messengers to set up a 'Watchdog Committee'.

"In early 1981 Hubbard also created a new post of Executive Director International. This was announced to be a resumption of the post 'vacated by L. Ron Hubbard in 1966'. The new appointment to Executive Director was Bill Franks...

"It was presented to Franks that he would be assuming all of Hubbard's administrative functions. However, Bill told me years later, after leaving the Church, that he had since concluded that Hubbard set him up in order to help him rid himself of Jane Kember...

"What was actually happening at the time of the mission holders' meeting was that Bill had been 'put in charge' as an additional facade for Hubbard. Bill was supposed to have 'instinctively' understood that he was merely to be window dressing. Hubbard was still in control while operating through new additional facades, consisting of the mysterious WDC and Franks. These fronts were designed to protect Hubbard from criminal prosecution that had already consumed his previous facade, consisting of his wife and her G.O. clique.

"Hubbard had not counted on Bill Franks and the mission holders' backlash reaction against what he [Bill Franks] considered 'G.O. type abuses'.

"Franks naively believed that Hubbard had genuinely stepped down, leaving him in the top spot. Bill's reform efforts were constantly getting derailed by these 'kids' however (secretly implementing Hubbard's intent), so he feared that they would go on to commit crimes similar to the G.O bunch..."

So the mission holders were rebelling, but had no idea that they were rebelling against Hubbard, but Hubbard knew, and reacted fiercely.

From Larry Brennan:

"There was a real secret body of people directly run by Hubbard."

(Press "Control" and then "F" to find key words or dates, such as 1983.)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=90246&postcount=1

From a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?' http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt :

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

"The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

"And of course the next person thinks he or she is immune. Of course, now Hubbard is dead, so we won't see that pattern particularly repeated, except inasmuch as we'll see the Church hierarchy emulate and carry that pattern forward.

"The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

"And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

"And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

"And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place...

"But the thing that's amazing, and to me terrifying, is the characteristic of the mind, my mind, your mind, and apparently many other people's minds, where I could buy this horseshit, where I could participate in it."

Jesse Prince, Legal Declaration, 1999: http://lermanet.com/reference/Jesse2inWoller.htm

And there's much more. BUT READ THIS, for starters.

Back to the FZ's Ron's Orgs.

Here's a sampling of Ron's Orgs links. I suspect, as PR tech is "put" further "IN," they will eventually disappear from public view:

"The Free Zone Decree was received on Earth on the 10th of November, 1982 at 1030 GMT. It states, "as relayed from mainship, Sector 9..." http://galac-patra.narod.ru/index.html

Video/audio below features Bill Robertson talking about Hubbard (Elron Elray) and his doll body, etc., starting around 34:10. Or, if one wishes to hear more of this briefing, one can jump to earlier - around 30:40 - and hear about the 200,000 Marcabians on the planet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8535725116439314382

The Ron's Org Bridge ("Didn't Ron say, 'I'll see you at the other end of the Bridge?'"): http://www.ronsorg.ch/english/bridgeenglish.htm

Ron's 11 May 1986 message to the Free-Zone (from the Mothership):

"I wish to thank all my friends in the Free-Zone and especially Captain Bill, who carried on in spite of great odds, on my behalf.

"The tech is all in his hands and is ready for you now. I wish you all success on it.

"When enough are ready for OT 17 and OT 18, I will return..."
http://www.freezone.org/cbr/sector9/e_sob22.htm

Some other items from Captain Bill and Ron's Orgs:

And here's Xenu's SP Declare: http://www.freezone.org/cbr/sector9/e_sob20.htm

And then, Markab, the Final Handling: http://www.freezone.org/cbr/sector9/e_sob19.htm

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Well it was mentioned here he was a reg so I'm guessing with other people's money. Seems like he didn't have a lot of "back off" for asking.

What was Elron's definition of a criminal? Someone who commits crimes so frequently they don't even think twice about it anymore or something like that.

What about that FSM commission scheme - how does that work? As I understand it a percentage of whatever a person spends goes to whomever managed to get their name listed as the FSM that introduced them to the scam. Get yourself a few hundred professional types, like those unfortunate chiropractors, and that would be a great little earner. I bet there were some fortunes made in the early days. Anyhow, just brainstorming.

BTW: I see Andy's cult cookie cutter page is still up:

http://sites.myhomepage.org/andyporter/index.htm <--- WARNING: Scilon site

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Andy's story is a sad but familiar tale which rings strikingly true. I liked the whole story and thought he captured the whole essence of it in this paragraph;

"I went back to New Jersey in a state of shock. All my stable datum’s busted. From my experiences as a Mission Holder and Org ED with the admin tech I could see that its “use” was making things worse world wide, not better. From my last trip to Flag I could see that the tech was not working and that it was in fact being used to control people... --snip--

I agree. But something always nags at me about posters on MartyBlog. I actually dig their independent insouciance, but something about it reminds me of TR-2A, the. . .

HALF-ACK

I guess nobody (yet) has risen above the bank and identified what it is, so I did my own wholetrack research and broke my back in order to discover what it is exactly--and here ya go, all humbly tendered as a gift to netkind, and such, the. . .

HALF-COG

It's like watching a prison break where the inmates serving life-sentences in solitary confinement successfully break open their cells and escape. But when they make it as far as the penitentiary's inner courtyard, they stop and mingle with the general prison population telling their wins. And they forget the rest of the plan where they scale the barbed wire fences and escape to actual freedom.

I know, I am going to hell for "nagging about a rise" in statistics. Ron says not to do that. So, I figured it's probably a really good idea to do it. LOL.

Anyways, the HALF-COG is such a brutally anti-climactic and depressing event to watch! The guy starts out so amazingly well. Then for no apparent reason (right in the midst of a life-changing realization that would free them from the cult forever) they just pause. They start to climb over the prison wall and then, a fuse-breaker in their mind is tripped and they start climbing back down the improvised ladder on the prison side!

And, then--inexplicably, they finish the cognition in the most "OH NO YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!" kind of moment. Here, look:

"I went back to New Jersey in a state of shock. All my stable datum’s busted. From my experiences as a Mission Holder and Org ED with the admin tech I could see that its “use” was making things worse world wide, not better. From my last trip to Flag I could see that the tech was not working and that it was in fact being used to control people.... [PAUSE...........................] which made me feel morbidly depressed and like I had been totally conned and defrauded and wasting my life. But then I suddenly cognited that only one person on the planet (COB) was ruining everything and that the tech actually did work and I was on my way to Full OT and Total Freedom and Eternity, just the way Ron promised! OMG I can't believe how blown out I feel and how much this indicates and how much charge I blew. Now my space feels calm again and my floating TA has resumed at full dial with VVGI's, thanks to the tech and now I am a standing proud as an Indie Scientologist to clear this mud ball and salvage this sector and bring to justice and jail (or worse) the criminal SPs who tried to promote the "the tech was not working".

I know it's really evil of me, but I refuse to indicate the F/N when they give the identical cog in the INDIE WORLD as they gave in the COS WORLD a few days earlier, only substituting the word "COB" for "PSYCHIATRIST" or "XENU".

Well anyways, there's some good news in all this. The party rages on in hell for those who have already lost their eternities. Come on down and join the fun! BYON (bring your own natter).

Lone Star

Crusader
I agree. But something always nags at me about posters on MartyBlog. I actually dig their independent insouciance, but something about it reminds me of TR-2A, the. . .

HALF-ACK

I guess nobody (yet) has risen above the bank and identified what it is, so I did my own wholetrack research and broke my back in order to discover what it is exactly--and here ya go, all humbly tendered as a gift to netkind, and such, the. . .

HALF-COG

It's like watching a prison break where the inmates serving life-sentences in solitary confinement successfully break open their cells and escape. But when they make it as far as the penitentiary's inner courtyard, they stop and mingle with the general prison population telling their wins. And they forget the rest of the plan where they scale the barbed wire fences and escape to actual freedom.

I know, I am going to hell for "nagging about a rise" in statistics. Ron says not to do that. So, I figured it's probably a really good idea to do it. LOL.

Anyways, the HALF-COG is such a brutally anti-climactic and depressing event to watch! The guy starts out so amazingly well. Then for no apparent reason (right in the midst of a life-changing realization that would free them from the cult forever) they just pause. They start to climb over the prison wall and then, a fuse-breaker in their mind is tripped and they start climbing back down the improvised ladder on the prison side!

And, then--inexplicably, they finish the cognition in the most "OH NO YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!" kind of moment. Here, look:...--snip--

Hoaxie you truly do have a gift for cutting right down to the crux of the matter! :thumbsup:

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

I know it's really evil of me, but I refuse to indicate the F/N when they give the identical cog in the INDIE WORLD as they gave in the COS WORLD a few days earlier, only substituting the word "COB" for "PSYCHIATRIST" or "XENU".

Well anyways, there's some good news in all this. The party rages on in hell for those who have already lost their eternities. Come on down and join the fun! BYON (bring your own natter).

I can't help but notice that failures and mental breakdowns are attributed always to "Black Dianetics" or "Reverse Scientology," as though similar mental breakdowns do not occur with the application of ordinary Scientology.

In the 1950s, as a way of covering for the fact that some people had mental breakdons after Scientology involvement, Hubbard told Scientologists about LSD - the "insanity drug" - which, according to Hubbard, was covertly used by medical doctors and psychiatrists to undermine and discredit Scientology.

From the 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955:

"I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Note: Hubbard's hoax Russian textbook, which he had just secretly authored and was not yet published] , and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT [sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security..."

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

"You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD..."

Sixteen years later, Hubbard would write a similar statement, although this one doesn't mention LSD and is more to the point. It has the simple title 'Confidential', and is dated 29 June 1971:

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

Now, rather than "psychs," it's "reverse Scientology" applied by the "anti-Christ" of Scientology, David Miscavige.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
Now, rather than "psychs," it's "reverse Scientology" applied by the "anti-Christ" of Scientology, David Miscavige.

Let me see if I follow you correctly. Your saying the mindset of the indies is the same as the church. Like they act the same just different words to replace the same concepts. They still need enemies and such to explain away whatever needs to be explained away.

And I must say...how the hell do you have the ability to either have access to or remember all the references you use in your posts? It's impressive.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
Andy's an awesome guy.

Yeah well...sometimes I did think he was an alright guy...then other times I didn't...there are times in my mind where he seemed to be really on track..then other times not so much...sometimes I just like dandelions and other times like when they seed I don't like em so much. It really depends....sometimes people feel like a nut sometimes they don't. Know what I mean?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Yeah well...sometimes I did think he was an alright guy...then other times I didn't...there are times in my mind where he seemed to be really on track..then other times not so much...sometimes I just like dandelions and other times like when they seed I don't like em so much. It really depends....sometimes people feel like a nut sometimes they don't. Know what I mean?

Yah. When we were all in the cult together, it was really difficult to know what others were thinking.

Did you know him?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I hear ya. The guy signed his announcement as an Independent Scn, so he's still very much in the Scn mindset. But he's out and talking about the lying and bullshit and coming to terms with it.

Many of us that were in Exec positions or GO/OSA had done a lot evil shit on behalf of the cult. We've all had to come to terms with it. Give it time. He's on the road out and talking.

I know Andy fairly well. Not sure that he really does have much of a Scn mindset, at that. He's pretty down to earth. Kinda reminds me of you, in some respects.

He has said to me that if anyone would like to get in touch with him, to give them his email address.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Feel free to reach out to him if there's anything you'd like to discuss. I do have his email address, if you'd like to have it.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Can anyone explain to me how Andy could be such a globetrotter all the while being "staff" or whatever in Scientology? I can't understand how someone's who's income was dependent on the CoS as staff and who was paying for his OT levels managed to live all over the world promoting CoS.

Was his family wealthy? Most staff members on here could barely afford cigarettes and vending machine food to stay alive, much less plane tickets and visa application processing to far flung locations. He mentions being a "consultant" for stuff related to the CoS - is that part of the con a cash cow for some? Maybe one of the reasons he stuck with it was, unlike most people, because he actually made money via the cult?

Because it was on behalf of the cult. He was in charge of all that Russia stuff. They had that whole big push into Russia. I've not asked to see his financial history when he and I were discussing this, but it does sound like they were sending him thither and yon.

I was well known at Scientology Missions International (SMI), due to being a mission holder, and headed to LA to visitSMIINTand set up my duties with them before heading to Russia.

By the time I arrived back in Russia (October ’95) to live and work Moscow and St Pete had grown to large booming missions and I was reluctant to go inspect or advise them as I was worried that I would mess them up (and get in trouble). My reasoning was that they had built much larger missions than I ever had, so I didn’t feel that I should be ‘advising” them. I felt like I should be learning from them!

For the first year or so, I went out to outlying cities, Perm, Nizhny Tagil, Nizhny Novgorod, Vladivostock, Novosibirsk and many more places in Russia. I also visited new Dianetics Centers in Belorussia, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan and the Ukraine. I had a great time riding the train, staying with families, lecturing and helping to expand missions. Many of these missions had never had a Clear or OT or trained Scientologist come for a visit. My duties were to inspect the mission and help them in any way needed, train staff, observe and help them get in standard tech for servicing public. I went to more than 30 missions while I was there, (1995 to 1999) inspecting, correcting and lecturing.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
Feel free to reach out to him if there's anything you'd like to discuss. I do have his email address, if you'd like to have it.

reach out??? your kidding.

lol...sounds like the typical networkin dandelion.

I am not a scn'ist. Never will be. I am not in doubt, I remember those doubt days.
I know which side of the 6 foot fence I'll jump down from now. I think it's a good idea to pick a side. That's why I'm here...and not there.