What's new

Marty gives account of Debbie Cook donations, and says you can get your money back

Re: Marty gives account of Debbie Cook donations, and says you can get your money bac

Was probably told if she didn't agree with the draconion injunction she could be spending the rest of her life in litigation.
Hi Terril. You are not considering DM held her captive in the hole and physically abused her. Those are illegal acts. He could have gone to the slammer for a long while. Ray had him by the short and curlies. Davie paid dearly for that prank. I believe she was sincere with her NYE email, but once Ray heard her story, and the injustice done her, that got dropped and it was all about making the devil pay the piper.

Then why is Marty so royally pissed off if this is all so hunky-dory and a big win? Offering refunds, calling it "blood money', referring to it as treachery, saying it will be used by DM to shutter the still in, allowing comments calling her a bitch, traitor, etc... The last few posts by Marty were not written by someone who thinks this was a win for the team

Because he, like many others, thought she was in for the long haul, but her lawyer put the kabosh on it. He is an idiot to not realize the simple truth, and it is the same truth with Danny M, namely: their lawyers aren't about to let their clients commit suicide going up against the Church of Sociopaths. They are going to get them paid and get hell out of Dodge.

Mimsey

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Marty gives account of Debbie Cook donations, and says you can get your money bac

Because he, like many others, thought she was in for the long haul, but her lawyer put the kabosh on it. He is an idiot to not realize the simple truth, and it is the same truth with Danny M, namely: their lawyers aren't about to let their clients commit suicide going up against the Church of Sociopaths. They are going to get them paid and get hell out of Dodge.

Mimsey

I was specifically asking Terrill due to his post about what big win Debbies settlement was and Martys reaction. I think I have a pretty good idea about why Marty has reacted and I know why Debbie settled.

I just find it amazing Terrill said he isn't sure if Marty is unhappy with the outcome, because Marty's opinion couldn't be more black & white in his recent posts. I do find it strange only because Marty, of all people, knows only too well how this shit works and he knew any other outcome was higly unlikely.

So, after some thinking, I have think it was due to a few factors because. First, Debbie professes to be such a hard core, dedicated, LRH believer that Marty thought she would be different from all the awful wogs with their non-CoS morals and thinking. A true Scientologist like Debbie would have the integrity and fortitude not to bend under cult pressure or the lure of the "almighty dollar" as MR likes to say. Second, I'm sure he spoke to Debbie at lenghth and she must have given him some assurances, telling him she was doing this to stop the abuse and save the tech from DM, etc... Come on, Debbie ran and regged big fish at Flag she could lie and con with the best of them, even ol'Marty. I'm sure it was easy enough to Marty what he wanted to hear, she may have even believed it herself at times. But like any true follower of LRH, in the end she knew taking the cash was the true OT thing to do and what LRH practiced himself. Do as I say, not as I do was LRH's true motto.

Third, and very importantly, I don't think Marty is upset so much there was a settlement, he must have known at some pt it would happen but he's upset because she went along with a back door deal (so publicly it appears there was no pay off) and she agreed to the injunction and to be totally silenced. A bit more fighting she probably could have got the money in an official settlement or she could have got better terms on the settlement that couldn't leave the impression these outlandish "contracts" exiting SO members are forced to sign have any merit. I think he believed as a real OT she would have at least fought half as hard as the countless wogs Marty tried to crush via the legal system via the CoS. Instead, Debbie folded faster than almost all the past critics or exes that had the courage to face the cult in court. I think this is the crux behind Martys upset or anger with Debbie. Her public statements and stated goals certainly differed from her eventual action, she did misrepresent her intentions to the indies.

Just to be clear about my opinion - From day one I said she would settle and that her attorney would never go along with some religious martyr crusade. (Check my posts a few months ago.) A tiny, tiny portion of civil cases go to trial. Lawyers don't take cases because they want to be tied up in expensive years of litigation and possible court battles (Unless they are defense attorneys doing billable hours and have a rich client. The cults attorney probably would have been fine with years of legal wrangling.) Plaintiffs attorneys take cases because they are strong, winnable cases therefore capable of quick, substantial settlements.

Last edited:

Hi Terril. You are not considering DM held her captive in the hole and physically abused her. Those are illegal acts. He could have gone to the slammer for a long while. Ray had him by the short and curlies. Davie paid dearly for that prank. I believe she was sincere with her NYE email, but once Ray heard her story, and the injustice done her, that got dropped and it was all about making the devil pay the piper.

Mimsey

On the second paragraph: Marty is pissed because he could not own Debbie. He went backwards and forwards on whether she was a good guy or a bad guy in direct ratio to how much success he thought he was having in using her as a piece in his games. Well, she showed she did not need him at all. Not nice for a controller to deal with.

Thanks Bunnyskull and Degraded Being - I agree with your points. Being a true believer, she has not availed herself to the "entheta" on Scientology that is easily found on the net. So she is un-educated on the actual reality of the subject. Were she otherwise, she might have fought a different battle, one that involved jousting with the COS more vigorously.

The NYE email was pretty clear what her reality on the COS is despite her abuse at the hands of Mighty Midget.

Another factor may be her medical condition - she might not have had the strength for a drag out battle.

Oh well. What is done is done.

Mimsey

BunnySkull

Another reason I think Martys refund offer is more of a PR ploy than anything is due to the comments he is allowing and the group think of his fan club. (I've already explained in my wordy way why his supposed "accounting" is ridiculous in offering proof of anything other than Marty can add and use the number row on his keyboard.)

Here's an example:
Sinar | April 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Reply
Marty,
Thanks very much. I’m glad the Indies defense fund contributed to the “seething wreck”, it’s a great investment with fabulous returns! This is the end of this cycle – methinks we need to rebuild the fund for the next inevitable action!

theakman | April 27, 2012 at 11:27 am | Reply
Indeed Sinar. Post it up Marty, something like, oh I dono… “Defense Fund”.

And anyone who gives Marty a hard time over refunds will need to go through me first.

There are no comments saying, "Thanks, Marty I'll be sending you my info for the refund" maybe because none have been submitted with those sentiments but more likely because anyone who would state they are taking Marty up on his offer would be dog piled by his groupies.

So far the offer of "refunds" via Marty have resulted in:

1. People saying they don't want anything refunded by Marty but will ask Debbie for a refund.

2. People saying they are now donating again due to MR selflessness & honesty. Gag.

3. People thanking Marty and assuring him it is an honor for him to keep their $

4. Threats & internet tough guy BS to those who may even think of asking Marty refund their donation.

5. The usual adoration and ass kissing that happens anytime MR posts anything. (Srsly he should start raising money by selling these commenters $50 for his turds, since they love kissing and getting as far up his ass as possible.)

I think this was exactly what Marty intended and is more productive than the rambling, then confused then angry posts he had made about the outcome up to that point. He finally came up with a strategic post that would at least make him look good and maybe result in some blowback towards Debbie for her decision.

His main goal of posting his sob story about refunding out of his OWN POCKET (gasp!) was really to covertly encourage people to seek refunds from Debbie. He couldn't exactly do a post called, "tell the lying bitch to give your money back" so he heroically offers refunds himself due to all the chapped indie asses, and then implies they should really request refunds from Debbie - since she "demanded" donos be sent "directly" to her and she screwed everyone by selling out for "blood money." He probably didn't mind if the mere mention of the word "donations" would cause the almost pavlovian reaction among his fan club causing them to give him more money.

The fact he has permitted comments by a guy threatening anyone who causes Marty any trouble with refund requests, others calling Debbie a bitch, traitor, etc..., tons of others rallying the troops to send more donations to Marty and the rest all thanking Marty for keeping their money - says it all.

Marty lets his commenters say the nasty stuff he knows he can't say openly and publicly, but does privately.

Btw: As far as Debbies health playing a factor - I truly believe her physical problems are a result of psychological issues caused by Scientology and her SO experience. Fibromyalgia is a pretty vague diagnosis, meaning it's used many time when they cant figure out any other cause for complaints and there is no real diagnostic test to establish it anyway. Some doctors believe many cases of FM are rooted in psychological issues.

The sad thing is due to Scientology Debbie will probably suffer for the rest of her life due to Scientology and her beliefs (she's in a bizarre position if she's still a true believer, she's basically given up her eternity.) and the fact that the best chance she has for any type of recovery is via real psychological help which we know will never happen as long as she believes in CoS.

Last edited:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

Mand%2520M.JPG

I rejected Marty's involvement in the Cook case from the get go as spurious. Originally she only sent her email to some 300 or so scilons within the church - she did not go public with it.

It was Marty or someone in his 'posse' who forwarded it others and the press such that it became BIG NEWS and Marty could juxtapose himself into the middle of it, so he could take the spotlight and basically co-opt the event and make it about him. Basically a Hubbard type action - PR version of plagiarism.

I never saw any official release from Debbie where she stated that Marty was her 'frontman', yet to read his postings he was running the show.

Now she has settled and he's had to scramble to do a CYA as he really never was in charge of where this thing was going yet in his Hubbard based megalomaniacal way he has to continue to appear to his sycophant posse the he is 'THE MAN' in the Indie movement.

And just while writing this post I've had a great blognition. Looking at Marty's actions in this and seeing the similarity to how Hubbard acted, I've realized that what the Indies have in common is that they continue to run in Hubbards' valence!

That is perhaps the most insidious factor affecting any long term scilon; the fact of so much agreement with the data of and consideration of the amount of help from (can you say Ally Computation?) Hubbard is that unknown to themselves Hubbard continues to live on through their having put on his valence, making themselves extend his sorry life and actions.

That is the last barrier to overcome to be truly an EX SCN - get out of the Hubbard valence.

Humbly tendered as a gift to Hubbardite Zombies everywhere: find out who your real self is and be that!

Especially you, Marty. Until you purge yourself of the overts you committed while in his valence, you will remain trapped in it.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Debbie does...?

The terms of Debbie's settlement will probably do her a lot of good. Effectively, she's cut off from the mainstream 'church' and the independents... and thus has the best chance she's had in a long time of actually waking up. Sooner or later, there's a good chance she will see LRH as the buffoon he truly was.

Meanwhile, let's celebrate.

debbiedoesdwarf.jpg

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Re: Debbie does...?

The terms of Debbie's settlement will probably do her a lot of good. Effectively, she's cut off from the mainstream 'church' and the independents... and thus has the best chance she's had in a long time of actually waking up. Sooner or later, there's a good chance she will see LRH as the buffoon he truly was.

Meanwhile, let's celebrate.

debbiedoesdwarf.jpg

Leaving the Baumgartens and Spin and Marty out of it for the moment, I have to say I do admire Jeffreys for the good old fashioned ass whupping he gave the church! Competence is a beautiful thing.

:yes: :thumbsup:

Lone Star

Crusader

Leaving the Baumgartens and Spin and Marty out of it for the moment, I have to say I do admire Jeffreys for the good old fashioned ass whupping he gave the church! Competence is a beautiful thing.

:yes: :thumbsup:

I agree that Jeffreys is very competent, and I think he took the appropriate action in order to help his client avoid years of exhausting, and expensive litigation. His concern was not regarding the Independent Movement and what's best for it. But I don't think the CoS received an ass whupping at all. Maybe I've missed something?

It seems to me that Davey got an incredible deal. A court sanctioned NDA that shuts Debbie up forever. This has got to send shivers down the spines of all those ex-SO members who signed NDAs themselves. I would think that they were waiting for the outcome of this case to see if they could come out themselves and reveal devastating evidence against the cult's activities. Now they will probably never do it.

And until I see actual dox, I'm not buying this story that Debbie received money before the final agreement. Again, did I miss something? Why are so many, Marty included, convinced that she got money? If Marty is the source of this story, well, pffffffft.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate

. . . But I don't think the CoS received an ass whupping at all. Maybe I've missed something?

It seems to me that Davey got an incredible deal. . .

For a fight in which both sides claim to believe in L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbardism came off quite badly. There was a day in court where Debbie Cook said some pretty damning things about the Church of Scientology... in front of a whole bunch of journalists. Remember, that hearing was supposed to be in order to shut her up, pending the trial that would wear her down in accordance with standard Scientology legal system abuse tech.

It failed. Instead, we were given video of Cook's testimony. She went on television. It was covered in newspapers. For years to come, the people who maintain websites that tell the real story about Hubbard and Scientology will use Debbie Cook's words as proof of the abuse that goes on within Scientology. It further dents Scientology's façade of respectability, and communicates something of the creepiness of the cult to the general public, to journalists and to the legal profession.

To manage all that, and have your say via e-mail to all the Scientology victims you can reach, and to get away with no further threat of legal action against you... yeah, I'd say that's good enough.

Miscavige avoided being called to the witness stand (or in his case, witless stand), so he's happy enough. He'll spend a few hundred thousand on legal fees to paper over the cracks in Scientology and let it stumble on for another year or two. The only person who loses, in all this, is Marty. He hitched his wagon to the case, just as he tends to do... so he ends up looking like an arse when it goes nowhere.

Jquepublic

Just my opinion:
Is it worth firing any brain thingies worrying about whether the paranoid midgets' everyday random attacks on his minions might be affected by the fact that he might have read and might have taken to heart (if he had one), some BS and hot air from Marty's pathetic attempts at face saving? In the ungrand scheme of things, it is most likely busine$$ as unusual inside the bubble.

:eyeroll:You make a good point! I should save my brain thingies for something I can actually affect.

It seems to me that Davey got an incredible deal. A court sanctioned NDA that shuts Debbie up forever. This has got to send shivers down the spines of all those ex-SO members who signed NDAs themselves. I would think that they were waiting for the outcome of this case to see if they could come out themselves and reveal devastating evidence against the cult's activities. Now they will probably never do it.
It depends on what they believe - if they believe she settled and got paid due to DM's illegal actions against her, and if they suffer similar abuses, they may want to step up to the plate and sue his ass. That is the beauty of the injunction - who really knows if she was paid or not? But I think she was due to the nature of the illegal acts he visited on her.

Mimsey

Lone Star

Crusader

For a fight in which both sides claim to believe in L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbardism came off quite badly. There was a day in court where Debbie Cook said some pretty damning things about the Church of Scientology... in front of a whole bunch of journalists. Remember, that hearing was supposed to be in order to shut her up, pending the trial that would wear her down in accordance with standard Scientology legal system abuse tech.

It failed. Instead, we were given video of Cook's testimony. She went on television. It was covered in newspapers. For years to come, the people who maintain websites that tell the real story about Hubbard and Scientology will use Debbie Cook's words as proof of the abuse that goes on within Scientology. It further dents Scientology's façade of respectability, and communicates something of the creepiness of the cult to the general public, to journalists and to the legal profession.

To manage all that, and have your say via e-mail to all the Scientology victims you can reach, and to get away with no further threat of legal action against you... yeah, I'd say that's good enough.

Miscavige avoided being called to the witness stand (or in his case, witless stand), so he's happy enough. He'll spend a few hundred thousand on legal fees to paper over the cracks in Scientology and let it stumble on for another year or two. The only person who loses, in all this, is Marty. He hitched his wagon to the case, just as he tends to do... so he ends up looking like an arse when it goes nowhere.

Yes, I agree with everything you posted here. But what you are talking about is the effect that the entire situation from Debbie's email forward had on the cult. I was responding in particular to the notion that Ray Jeffreys gave DM and the cult an "ass whupping". Again, he did a great job of representing the interests of his client. His direction to have DC testify about her experience in 'the hole' was a brilliant move. It forced the cult to the negotiating table and effectively took the wind out of DM's lawsuit going forward.

But perhaps it would've been a bigger ass whupping if it had gone forward and she had oppurtunity to testify even more. The lawyer understandably didn't want to do that because it would've taken a huge toll on DC's already fragile health and finances.

As to the official disposition of the case, on the surface anyway, it seems like the cult dodged a bullet within the narrow parameters of the negotiated agreement. Hopefully her email and early Feb. testimony will continue to wake members up. Only time will tell.

If she did get money it will be terrific if it somehow leaks out and becomes widely known as fact. That will definitely help to wake more members up. Because we know that DM is telling them that this was a total victory, and that Debbie's case had no merit, and she is just a disgruntled SP. Most of them will nod their heads in agreement for the time being.

Terril park

Sponsor

Scott Pilutik made an interesting analysis of the agreement

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/how_debbie_cook_exposed_scientology.php

[snips]
"Debbie Cook signed a mean-as-hell non-disclosure agreement when she left her job with Scientology. She got to violate it, once carefully (her New Year's Eve e-mail), another time in court (her February 9 testimony), and one more time on national television (on Nightline). Then, instead of paying possibly millions of dollars in damages, she paid the church nothing and turned the clock back to December 31 as if none of it had happened. "

[snips]

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

"Debbie Cook signed a mean-as-hell non-disclosure agreement when she left her job with Scientology. She got to violate it, once carefully (her New Year's Eve e-mail), another time in court (her February 9 testimony), and one more time on national television (on Nightline). Then, instead of paying possibly millions of dollars in damages, she paid the church nothing and turned the clock back to December 31 as if none of it had happened. "

The problem with this is the lack of consistence will kill any interest in Debbie Cook as far as the media is concerned. They will see her as old news now, since she can't exude further on her maltreatment in Scientology.

The media will look for other events to report on.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

Get over it, folks.

(1) Any money donated was a DONATION. You shouldn't expect any of it back just because the court case was ended early. (If you have charge on earlier donations for which you didn't get what was promised, well . . . .)

(2) If Debbie was offered enough exchequer, of course she's going to drop her suit. (Although I hope it was at least 8 digits!)

(3) There was no guarantee she would do as well, or well at all, if she saw this thing through. She should know better than anyone else about CO$'s ability to drag out suits and hassle the opposition.

(4) She already gave the CO$ lots of unfavourable publicity, that can't be undone by a measly court order. That alone made the whole thing worth it.

(5) Transparency? Give me a break. Many people gave money on the basis of it NOT being traceable back to them.

(6) Why shouldn't Marty fly to Florida comfortably? He's already giving of his time and energy (some of it prior to each trip in preparation) and he deserves to treat himself.

(7) If I were one of these claimants I would rather the money go to some other worthwhile purpose related to attacking $cientology, like an ad campaign, the organising of a protest, or a halfway house for escaping Sea Org members.

Helena

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/how_debbie_cook_exposed_scientology.php

[snips]

[snips]

That whole article is well worth reading.

Terril park

Sponsor

The problem with this is the lack of consistence will kill any interest in Debbie Cook as far as the media is concerned. They will see her as old news now, since she can't exude further on her maltreatment in Scientology.

The media will look for other events to report on.

I think most people would have loved to have seen this go further.
However that would take lots of money which wasn't it seems available.

But its there in the records now, and can be accessed again on future
news of CO$. It made 3 major papers in the UK including the Times twice.

Would be interesting if the Dwarf wanted to tell the parishioners of his master stroke of shutting her up. The injunction lets people know that Scn is available outside the CO$ and its in the court records and the net.

Would be interesting if the Dwarf wanted to tell the parishioners of his master stroke of shutting her up.
I hope he does! Maybe some will ask why in hell she, the former captain of FSO was declared and pull the string....

Mimsey