What's new

I'm done

Veda

Sponsor
Emma -

Do todays events with the cook trial and the eastgate charges dropped confirm your decision to go, be done with the fucking dragged out unending clusterfuck?

I hope so.

Peace out, Homey! :yes:

What a weird post. :screwy:

What the ?

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
It's all very disappointing. And yes it does seem to me to be an unending clusterfuck. Just when you think you've gained some ground the cult has a way of clawing it back again.

It's not all in vain though. The Eastgate charges might have been dropped but she never "proved her innocence". She's as guilty as hell and everyone knows it.

Debbie Cook was never going to be a "Scientology destroyer", but her new years eve email had a big impact. They can't change that or turn back the clock or pretend it didn't happen. We now have her sworn testimony of torture in the CoS and that is huge all by itself.

This fight will drag on & on for years. I must have heard 100 times over the last 12 years "THIS IS IT! THIS WILL KILL THE CULT!" but it's never true and I doubt it ever will be true. Time & public inoculation will eventually take it toll on Scientology (it already has) but I doubt it will ever be eradicated completely.

Emma -

I hope you know I meant and mean you nothing but the best as I have said on previous occasions.

I was bummed by the news and just imagined if I were you with all you've been through to bring light of truth to the scene, that maybe you might have felt even more so like 'gawd, enough already'.

Thanks for your reply and for rightly pointing out the good from both cases.

Your experience with the battle far exceeds mine; I still 'want to believe' there will be a 'one shot cure'. At my age I can't wait for too many years.

It's all very disappointing. And yes it does seem to me to be an unending clusterfuck. Just when you think you've gained some ground the cult has a way of clawing it back again.

It's not all in vain though. The Eastgate charges might have been dropped but she never "proved her innocence". She's as guilty as hell and everyone knows it.

Debbie Cook was never going to be a "Scientology destroyer", but her new years eve email had a big impact. They can't change that or turn back the clock or pretend it didn't happen. We now have her sworn testimony of torture in the CoS and that is huge all by itself.

This fight will drag on & on for years. I must have heard 100 times over the last 12 years "THIS IS IT! THIS WILL KILL THE CULT!" but it's never true and I doubt it ever will be true. Time & public inoculation will eventually take it toll on Scientology (it already has) but I doubt it will ever be eradicated completely.

It won't be completely eradicated, I don't think it's possible completely eradicate stupidity

There are still practicing Branch Davidians out there, who to this day still believe David Koresh is God.

http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/news-old/30700-branch-davidians-still-see-david-koresh-as-god

And there are still people one there falling for the various Nigerian Email Scams, nope eridicating stupidity is not possible

but one thing for sure, Scientology as the self servicing money making enterprise which Hubbard intended Scientology to be, can and will be destroyed.

Just look at what has transpired since the internet opened the floodgates.

It's brand which they so heavily invested in, is now little more than a punchline to a joke.

Scientology has now become synonymous with Batshit-Crazy and Scam.

The celebrities they devote so much of their resources to attracting to market their scam, have also become little more than a punchline to a joke.

They are also seen as Batshit-Crazy and suckers of a scam

It's supply of fresh meat is has been reduced to trolling 3rd world countries for victims without internet access.

All it takes is one person with a boom box playing L. Ron Hubbard's own words, to force their trolls to close shop and send them packing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDTChULxAZM

The only people left who think Clears and OTs actually exist are those who have already been heavily brainwashed, and even they have to be questioning why they are devoting their lives to 'Clearing the Planet', when their most elite OTs and Sea Orgers can not even clear the 'Sidewalk on L. Ron Hubbard Way'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQr1XOaW794

Their brand new shiny sales offices known as 'Ideal Orgs' are completely empty and have become nothing more than a financial burden for those unfortunate enough to be operating them.

Sure situations such as this case being dropped may be disappointing, especially for those who are personally involved, but this decision or anything else for that matter will not keep this horse from being put out to pasture

... nope there is no saving Scientology,

the efforts put into this case are not all in vain

Sceintology's only purpose for existence is to make money, and forcing them to defend their actions costs them money, lots of money.

Their only source of revenue left is the money they can suck out of the dwindling group of loyal victims, which are still hanging on to the myth of Scientology finally creating a real OT, Clear, or being endowed with their Silly Ass Super Powers Non-Sense.

And quite honestly if they haven't bothered to expended the minimal amount of effort required to figure out Scientology is nothing but a con game by now, well they deserve to have their bank account emptied on principle alone.

Scientology may never be completely eradicated, but make no mistake about it Hubbard's Cult will not survive

Must have been a difficult decision. I hope this board will be saved and wish Emma all the best, love and fun which she so deserves.

Eva

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Problem is that I run out of interest in being an ex-scientologist even faster than I ran our of interest in being a real, fully certified scientologist 30 years ago. It's only relevant and interesting for so long, so I fully understand someone saying "so long" which I find goes without saying. Full blown apathy seemed to define most of my Scn friends that I left behind when I walked, they just had nowhere to go and no energy to get there with, or so I thought. But I knew some nice people and it was sad to see them stuck in the glue like dying mice in a trap after taking the bait. I sure hope they find this board or some later incarnation of it.

LA SCN

How is discussion on the potential hat and database turnover of ESMB to new person(s) going?

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

While I believe you are absolutely correct about some form of Scientology continuing for a long time, at its most fundamental level, Scientology has been destroyed.

Scientology's power and attractiveness came from its image of mystery, claims of knowing the secrets of the universe and its claims of "powerful upper levels".

And all those things have been completely debunked, here (thank you) and elsewhere. All the secret, "powerful" upper levels have been published and they are stupid. All Scientology's claims for having the answers have been exposed as lies. All Scientology's claims of "miraculous results" have been debunked as well.

How can a secret society continue to rope in new recruits when their "secrets" are available for free on the Internet -- and are shown to be total rubbish?

Yes, the very, very gullible and the very, very brainwashed may hang on for years, but there is no mystery to pull the curious and the hopeful in.

Where money can be used to pervert justice, Scientology can "win", but it will be all in vain. They will never again have the boom of new recruits flooding in. Their attraction was their claims of powerful secrets and those are now gone.

Bill

314182_413885548636676_106407482717819_1401957_1649563174_n.jpg

LA SCN

The discussion continues. It is now a discussion of how, not if.

Great good news.

Yesterdays' period of no access to the server brought home to me just how much I would miss the board if it were not kept going.

Thanks, Ethercat and guys! :thumbsup:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Great good news.

Yesterdays' period of no access to the server brought home to me just how much I would miss the board if it were not kept going.

Thanks, Ethercat and guys! :thumbsup:

It is a funny thing, but I have a tendency to log into ESMB as daily habit and get a bit anxious if I don't. I am in a very real sense addicted.

Now it is not necessarily a bad addiction, but right now I am supposed to be sketching out an essay on Ezra Pound and Imagism. But here I am bearing my soul.

The board being down and my resulting undertone of anxiety brought it home to me that I need to change this, I accept that I am an addictive personality, but I am sure that I need to wean myself off of the need to stay connected to the who engrossing scientology game even though I have changed teams, it is still same essential 'need' that is being fed by this maintained connection.

I was just thinking about this, I am passionate about the T.S. Eliots, the Ezra Pounds, Yeats, Brezeska, Vorticism and the whole modernist movement. once I get the money and another book out of the way I aim to do my MA in Medieval and Renaissance studies.

So what the fuck am I doing faffing around within the ruins of my former life in a nutty cult run by a psychopathic midget?

I suppose it is at least in part the same reason that once successful family men and women sleep in cold damp doorways and give blow jobs to perverts in order to pay for their next fix.

I am still trying figure this 'need' thing out.

Ethercat marked the moment of my exiting Scientology, maybe she will now mark my exiting the more peripheral yet no less seductive ex-scientology movement?

LA SCN

It is a funny thing, but I have a tendency to log into ESMB as daily habit and get a bit anxious if I don't. I am in a very real sense addicted.

Now it is not necessarily a bad addiction, but right now I am supposed to be sketching out an essay on Ezra Pound and Imagism. But here I am bearing my soul.

The board being down and my resulting undertone of anxiety brought it home to me that I need to change this, I accept that I am an addictive personality, but I am sure that I need to wean myself off of the need to stay connected to the who engrossing scientology game even though I have changed teams, it is still same essential 'need' that is being fed by this maintained connection.

I was just thinking about this, I am passionate about the T.S. Eliots, the Ezra Pounds, Yeats, Brezeska, Vorticism and the whole modernist movement. once I get the money and another book out of the way I aim to do my MA in Medieval and Renaissance studies.

So what the fuck am I doing faffing around within the ruins of my former life in a nutty cult run by a psychopathic midget?

I suppose it is at least in part the same reason that once successful family men and women sleep in cold damp doorways and give blow jobs to perverts in order to pay for their next fix.

I am still trying figure this 'need' thing out.

Ethercat marked the moment of my exiting Scientology, maybe she will now mark my exiting the more peripheral yet no less seductive ex-scientology movement?

Good post! I enjoyed it.

For myself, there is the group thing, communicating with others who have similar experience, unique and different from other friends I enjoy.

Like war veterans who are glad its over, they still enjoy the company of those they served with because they understand.

And I still have someone I'd love to see out and enjoy that same level of understanding with, so ESMB gives me a way to do something about it or at least vent.

Perhaps when the Cof$ is just a big Ooops for Man and its activity is over, I'll feel differently.

But for now, my life is fuller with the experience of ESMB.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Not done

Good post, LA. Thank you. :)

Also, it's a good cause, some call it activism.

Hi, JohnAnchovie! :coolwink:

johnAnchovie

Still raging

Good post, LA. Thank you. :)

Also, it's a good cause, some call it activism.

Hi, JohnAnchovie! :coolwink:

It is the two that I am trying to separate out, addiction and activism.

Activism is out there in newspapers, tv protesting and the like, this message board stuff can, for me, it may be an entirely different experience for others, has become a comfort zone. I am not willing to move on, to let go (as I have advised plenty of other people to do, bit of pots and kettles going on there)

ESMB has been fantastic. It has allowed me to work out my confused thoughts, it was very important for reforming relationships with former comrades and allowed a bit of a cushioning effect. But I needed to be weaned off a long time ago. If you will excuse the somewhat crude analogy: To stop breast feeding and learn to forage myself.

I am big boy now. I should move on.

I may do a bit of an Elton John and give two or three more farewell concerts, but if I do more than that, then please, kick me off the stage...

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Activism is out there in newspapers, tv protesting and the like, this message board stuff can, for me, it may be an entirely different experience for others, has become a comfort zone. I am not willing to move on, to let go (as I have advised plenty of other people to do, bit of pots and kettles going on there)

ESMB has been fantastic. It has allowed me to work out my confused thoughts, it was very important for reforming relationships with former comrades and allowed a bit of a cushioning effect. But I needed to be weaned off a long time ago. If you will excuse the somewhat crude analogy: To stop breast feeding and learn to forage myself.

I may do a bit of an Elton John and give two or three more farewell concerts, but if I do more than that, then please, kick me off the stage...

Also, you wrote a revealing book, big boy!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...the_Covert_World_of_the_Church_of_Scientology
And posted some really good youtube videos. Thank you for all of it, John!

Move on or not at your discretion any time, but I will never kick you off the stage.

And I do understand how you feel, believe me.
Perhaps, we are addicted to activism.
(Spiritual betrayal is a bad thing.)

Standing for and speaking truth, in order to help others
is not an addiction in my book though, it's a public service.
I really feel that's what most of us here on ESMB do and why we are here.

And it's ok to have other things going, living life in every way.
There is no more KSW, ethics, justice, KR's and kangooro courts.

Just common sense, life and us, real people living it, learning and trying to help each other.

Last edited:

LA SCN

Do keep up the writing!

I'm looking forward to reading a book by Duignan, 'The Complex' which should arrive soon.

:thumbsup: