What's new

Xenophon may sue Malaysian newspaper

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

The personal experiences of members of this board

-snip-

Besides being pompous and insulting, your comments are besides the point.

Scientology hates Xenophon, and has a long history of this sort of dirty tricksterism. No one needs a lecture from you on how big the world is, or a lecture by you on the history of dirty tricksterism by the "humans."

Inflaming Muslims (who Scientology would view, as they do all "wogs," i.e. humans, as manipulatable) against a perceived "SP" enemy, with the idea of putting that perceived "SP" enemy's life at risk, is precisely the kind of dirty trick Scientologists relish. Technically, it did violate Hubbard's Scientology Intelligence Tech by not being covert enough, but, as you Independent Scientologists like to say, "Tech is out in Orgs." So, it's not improbable that this was instigated by a Scientologist. Scientology's importance, or lack of importance, in the world has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps it was done by someone not connected to Scientology, you don't know, and neither do I, but jeez.:eyeroll:

... Scientology hates Xenophon, and has a long history of this sort of dirty tricksterism. No one needs a lecture from you on how big the world is, or a lecture by you on the history of dirty tricksterism by the "humans." ...

So what? If you have 'proof' the Co$ is behind the Malaysian attempt to use Xenophon to discredit Anwar then provide it. That's the whole point of the article. It's not actually directed at discrediting Xenophon except as an associate of Anwar. Barisan doesn't much care about Xenophon or scientology. They aren't important. Anwar is.

Without dox you are just another crazed conspiracy theorist pushing an unrealistic pet dogma concerning the Co$ being the source of all evil. Such an 'argument' undermines the credibility of scientology critics generally as it reflects a paranoid and nonsensical reading of events and encourages non-scientologists to see critics as irrational extremists. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
Without dox you are just another crazed conspiracy theorist pushing an unrealistic pet dogma concerning the Co$ being the source of all evil.

Mark A. Baker

Reminds us of something any upstanding and intelligent Scientologist-Apologist would utter regarding Paulette Cooper, just prior to the FBI raids of Scientology headquarters.

It would seem the Fair-Game-Doctrine of the Church-of-Scientology would suffice to justify Veda's (and any other knowledgeable Wogs) suspicions of Scientology's involvement in the whole morbid & ugly affair.

But we digress...

Apoc

Reminds us of something any upstanding and intelligent Scientologist-Apologist would utter regarding Paulette Cooper, just prior to the FBI raids of Scientology headquarters.

It would seem the Fair-Game-Doctrine of the Church-of-Scientology would suffice to justify Veda's (and any other knowledgeable Wogs) suspicions of Scientology's involvement in the whole morbid & ugly affair.

But we digress...

Apoc

That at least was a circumstance which actually had something to do with the church of scientology, unlike what has occurred in Malaysia.

Be sure to check under your bed tonight for osa agents ... nighty night. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

That at least was a circumstance which actually had something to do with the church of scientology, unlike what has occurred in Malaysia.

Be sure to check under your bed tonight for osa agents ... nighty night. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Be sure to check that your own image isn't dirtied by association.

:melodramatic:

The re-written statement, with Islam substituted for Scientology, is meant to endanger the Senator's life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

You genuinely are paranoid. :screwy:

And no I don't care what the mods have to say about my choice of descriptive. The world is not about scientology, nor is Xenophon only a thorn in the side of the church. :eyeroll:

The offending article was a political dart aimed at Anwar. The only reason for Xenophon's involvement is because he's part of an electoral review commission working in Malaysia involved with Anwar. The BN don't give a flying hoot about Xenophon & the Austalians and much less about scientology. These aren't perceived as posing a threat to their rule except as they may stir up local dissidents such as Anwar's supporters.

Mark A. Baker :eyeroll:

Veda

Sponsor
-snip the name calling-

You genuinely are paranoid. :screwy:

And no I don't care what the mods have to say about my choice of descriptive. The world is not about scientology, nor is Xenophon only a thorn in the side of the church. :eyeroll:

The offending article was a political dart aimed at Anwar. The only reason for Xenophon's involvement is because he's part of an electoral review commission working in Malaysia involved with Anwar.

-snip-

At first it seems that way, but that may be misleading.

This false information may have been "helpfully," and anonymously, made available to an opponent of Anwar, but the underlying motive may have been to endanger the Senator's life in the Muslim world.

At this time, you don't know, and I don't know.

And again: No one said that "the world is about Scientology."

Well, I'll say it...to an OSA operative or OSA INT Executive, the world is about Scientology.

It is not beyond consideration that some koolaide steeped Scientologist was behind an "op" to give an altered text of Senator Xenophon's speech to a third party friend of this Malaysian publication. Just change one little word...and it causes a mighty distraction from the crimes of the Cult of COS, creates problems for an"enemy" who must be near the top of OSA's ememies list, and paints a target on his back for some Muslim extremist to practice jihad on.

It's not beyond the stretch of MY imagination to consider that OSA may be behind this trouble. Am I paranoid?

Perhaps I should say, where OSA is concerned, it is REALISTIC to be slightly paranoid. Those dementos will do, say or cause ANYTHING for the sake of Scientology, and feel totally justified in doing so. They are fanatics without integrity or human decency.

Oh, and the Bible says (as you well know) that the LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil. To all reasonable, rational outside observation, the love of money seems to be the founding and guiding principle of the Cult of Scientology.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Ogs breaks down and joins FB to add my 2 cents to the comments at the NST (warning, some bs, I don't travel much :p )
My comment, it may not make it, hope it does though~
Pappa Ogson said:
Very disturbing that a country trying to enter the 21st century and become part of the global community would allow such a printing of slanderous lies about someone recognized around the world as a warrior for human rights. I understand that Malaysia is struggling for trade agreements with various nations, including Australia, there are literally billions of dollars riding on this and such unresearched and plainly despicable yellow journalism against, of all things, an honoured Senator of the Australian Parliament, will set these negotiations back decades. Does anyone over there realize the ramifications of such articles will have not only on trade and continental relations, but on things like tourism as well? A lame and erronious retraction of this despicable article bears little meaning here on the internet, the only thing that might have saved the multi-millions that are going to be lost to your society/economy would have been a FRONT PAGE PAPER article with the real facts! Allowing such articles through your editorial process (do you even have one?) damages your reputations beyond your own borders to an huge extent, and removing the origional from your site is hardly any sort of damage control. If you are trying to pull yourselves out of the stigma of a third-world country this is certainly the last sort of thing that you should be allowing in my honest opinon, you have a beautiful country with huge potential and many great people that deserve much better than this. You can count me as one of the many world travellers who will not be visiting anytime soon. Absolutely shameful. I reiterate once again what has been stated previously, it is NOT Mr. Xenophon, the proper form of address is Senator. I cry for your people. :(
:coolwink:

No idea if it'll make it in there, but it is always worth a try to improve international relationships and suport men of high quality such as Nick X.

:drama:

Edit> and Mark, with all due respect, this is exactly the sort of thing the cult would do if given the chance and an ounce of brains, but I think in this instance it was the Senator's association with the opposition of the ruling party that spawned this... i sense heads rolling as I speak. *sigh*

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Interesting thing, coincidence?

Now this IS interesting! Anyone else see the ad for Front Site on this web page? (I have a capture but am waiting for host confirmation), you remember them don'tcha? The goons who train the gun nuts at Gold Base? How cosmic is that?
~http://www.nst.com.my/hot-topic?key=Kuala Lumpur&id=1.19692

:omg: aw fuck, its gone, frikken google ad sense or some such, but it was fweird it showed up, I'll post the capture once i get some crap straightened out, just because its so bizarre :p

Ah, synchronicity shows up again, to remind us of the nature of the folks at INT Base, and those they consort with. :no:

Good rebuttal, Oggie! (Pappa Ogs...giggle!) :biggrin:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Aw thanks Sweetness :blush:
:rose:

Yarr on de syncronicity, just plain strange, think I'll do some snooping on their ad placement stuff, just 'cause I am bored and curious :)

HOLEY SHIT THEY PUT IT UP!!! yay :woohoo: I'm sortta stunned! Really! (and awed by simple. *derp)

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Besides being pompous and insulting, your comments are besides the point.

Scientology hates Xenophon, and has a long history of this sort of dirty tricksterism. No one needs a lecture from you on how big the world is, or a lecture by you on the history of dirty tricksterism by the "humans."

Inflaming Muslims (who Scientology would view, as they do all "wogs," i.e. humans, as manipulatable) against a perceived "SP" enemy, with the idea of putting that perceived "SP" enemy's life at risk, is precisely the kind of dirty trick Scientologists relish. Technically, it did violate Hubbard's Scientology Intelligence Tech by not being covert enough, but, as you Independent Scientologists like to say, "Tech is out in Orgs." So, it's not improbable that this was instigated by a Scientologist. Scientology's importance, or lack of importance, in the world has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps it was done by someone not connected to Scientology, you don't know, and neither do I, but jeez.:eyeroll:
In a dictatorship, the ultimate responsibility for propaganda lies with the dictatorial leader. Scientology does not rule this country.

Also, there is no evidence to support your conjecture.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Would not misquoting Hansard's be actionable via the otherwise useless U.N.?

Could very well be, but depends if the Au rep there gives a rat's butt. It'd be great to see it floored there, with the proper quote by Nick read into the record :)

A public apology from Malaysian rep is indeed in order as far as I'm concerned, what they (the paper) printed was reprehensible, even their apology sucked goat ass imho.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

It is not beyond consideration that some koolaide steeped Scientologist was behind an "op" to give an altered text of Senator Xenophon's speech to a third party friend of this Malaysian publication. Just change one little word...and it causes a mighty distraction from the crimes of the Cult of COS, creates problems for an"enemy" who must be near the top of OSA's ememies list, and paints a target on his back for some Muslim extremist to practice jihad on.

-snip-

It's quite possible. And, of course, it's not necessary to "rule" a country in order to float a document, casually, in some one's direction.

But none of us, here, have any way of knowing, at this time. It is interesting, however, that the mere suggestion of Scientology involvement seems to have hit a nerve for a few.

randomx

Patron with Honors
Aussie senator to sue NST, calls anti-Islam report ‘sickening’

Clara Chooi

Australian Senator Nicholas Xenophon has confirmed he will sue theNew Straits Times (NST), accusing the Umno-controlled Malaysian daily of jeopardising his safety by publishing an article portraying him as anti-Islam.

The independent lawmaker said he was aware of the newspaper’s decision to retract its report but said he would still seek legal redress in either or both Australia and Malaysia.

“I will be conferring with both Malaysian and Australian lawyers on this.

“This is a very serious defamation and it is distressing.

“My views on Islam were completely fabrication… I am sickened,” he said in a phone call to The Malaysian Insider yesterday.
The NST had yesterday admitted to having falsely quoted Xenophon (picture) in its article on Wednesday as calling Islam a “criminal organisation” during his 2009 speech in Australia’s Parliament.

But according to Hansard, the senator, a known associate of Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, had instead used the label to criticise “Scientology”.

“Of course this has become a danger to me. I have been accused of something incredibly serious… of disparaging Islam in the most disgusting way.

“I have already been advised that my safety is now in danger,” he said.

Xenophon pointed out that although NST had pulled its article from its website, it had already likely been read by thousands of netizens.

He stressed that he was in no way against Islam and instead has great respect for the religion.

“How could they do this?” he asked. “I have tremendous respect for the people of Malaysia… Malaysians are my friends.”

He added that he had been in Malaysia as a part of the opposition-commissioned international team of observers during the Bersih 3.0 weekend, not merely on invitation but due to his “passion” for the country and its people.

“So this is something I must do, something I need. I need a court ruling on what had occurred,” he said, referring to his decision to proceed with the legal suit.

When asked, however, if he would seek out the Malaysian government to mete punitive action against the NST, Xenophon said he would first consult his lawyers.

But he said the fact that the prominent English daily is Umno-owned “adds seriousness to the case”.

“I cannot fathom how they would stoop this low,” he said.

In its response to the incident yesterday, the NST had also pledged to publish an “appropriate statement” on the issue both in its print and online versions, adding its regret to any distress the incident may have caused the independent Australian senator.

The NST’s response, in verbatim, is as follows:

“We refer to the news regarding Mr Nicholas Xenophon’s complaint in respect of the article entitled ‘Observer Under Scrutiny’ with a sub-title ‘Impartiality Questioned: Anti-Islam Australian Lawmaker Comes Under Fire’, which appeared in the May 2, 2012 edition of the New Straits Times published by us.

“We regret that the article attributes certain statements to Xenophon, particularly the use of the word ‘Islam’ which he did not make in a parliamentary speech in November 2009. We are taking steps to make amends including publishing an appropriate statement in our newspaper and its online version to address the issue.

“We truly and sincerely regret that Xenophon has suffered any distress and embarrassment arising from the article and we honestly believe that that steps we are taking to make amends will resolve the matter.”

According to the Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) yesterday, Xenophon had said that NST’s alleged use of the word “Islam” to replace the actual term “Scientology”, which he had criticised in his 2009 speech, was “an example of the kind of dirty tricks the ruling party employs and had used against the Opposition Leader Anwar”.

The NST has since removed the article from its website, but cached copies can still be found of the offending story.

In the NST article, Xenophon was not only accused of insulting Islam during his 2009 adjournment speech in Australia’s Parliament, but was also said to have expressed strong support for the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community.

The NST’s extract of the speech quoted the senator as saying: “What we are seeing is a worldwide pattern of abuse and criminality. On the body of evidence, this is not happening by accident; it is happening by design. Islam is not a religious organisation. It is a criminal organisation that hides behind its so-called religious beliefs.”

But in the excerpt from the Australian Parliament’s Hansard, cited in the SMH, Xenophon had actually said: “What we are seeing is a worldwide pattern of abuse and criminality. On the body of evidence, this is not happening by accident; it is happening by design. Scientology is not a religious organisation. It is a criminal organisation that hides behind its so-called religious beliefs.”

A cached version of the article can be accessed here.

According to the NST, Xenophon had also appeared to express support for same-sex marriages in the same adjournment speech, purportedly claiming that other lawmakers agreed with him and such unions would eventually be allowed by law.

The paper quoted PKR-turned-independent MP Datuk Seri Zahrain Mohamed Hashim as criticising Xenophon for his words, saying that the latter was not only outspoken against Islam but also supportive of the LGBTs.

“Should we let someone like Xenophon influence our culture and moral values through politics? By confiding in Xenophon, is Anwar also supporting the LGBT movement?” he asked, according to the NST.

SMH, however, did not dispute the NST’s report over Xenophon’s alleged support for homosexuality.

Xenophon was among a team of international observers or “pre-election assessment team” invited to Kuala Lumpur by Anwar to look into the country’s electoral reform attempts.

The team was on a six-day mission from April 25 and was tasked to interview local government and political leaders, before compiling its recommendations on how Malaysia could have a clean and fair polls process, which the country’s opposition leaders have insisted does not exist here.

They had also observed last Saturday’s rally for free and fair elections by Bersih and in an immediate response to the event, Xenophon had insisted that the rally-goers were well-behaved and even festive, instead of unruly as claimed by government leaders.

As a result, Xenophon has come under fire for his allegedly blinkered support for Anwar, with questions raised over his independence and impartiality.

http://hornbillunleashed.wordpress.com/2