What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
All I'm saying is that very wealthy, priviledged people who have incredible opportunities may have problems, and may get sad, but there are millions who have a thousand times more misery with no opportunities, and who die like that. LMPs problems do not seem to me to be the ones that are worth worrying about.

That's very true, and many many people in this world could have their lives improved imeasurably by tiny amounts of money. We support a charity that delivers eye care in underdeveloped countries, and in many cases a relatively simple operation can literally cure blindness for what we'd spend on a casual stroll about town. That's a very sobering and sometimes troubling thought for me.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
That's very true, and many many people in this world could have their lives improved imeasurably by tiny ammounts of money. We support a charity that delivers eye care in underdeveloped countries, and in many cases a relatively simple operation can literally cure blindness for what we'd spend on a casual stroll about town. That's a very sobering and sometimes troubling thought for me.

Smilla, I love you and think you're awesome. I forgive you for being rich. :)

Lone Star

Crusader
All I'm saying is that very wealthy, priviledged people who have incredible opportunities may have problems, and may get sad, but there are millions who have a thousand times more misery with no opportunities, and who die like that. LMPs problems do not seem to me to be the ones that are worth worrying about.

Of course you are right that LMP's problems are not worth worrying about compared to impoverished people in India or elsewhere. We're not discussing impoverished kids in India here. This is a discussion about LMP and her situation growing up as the only child of a mega star, and then becoming a cult member through her mother, and now her possible status as an ex-scientologist. Poor people don't have a monopoly on sadness, depression, unhappiness, etc... I would say that impoverished, starving people have despair. That's a whole 'nuther level of "unhappiness". It's misery beyond belief. LMP and these folks don't compare at all. I'm rather mystified that you even tried to make the comparison, or contrast.

Anyway, I've said all I'm going to say about LMP. I may comment in the future regarding any breaking news regarding her situation with the cult, but I'm not going to "take up for her" anymore. It obviously pushes some major big buttons for some of you.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not sure if this has been posted, have been away for a week, thanks to someone on here not appreciating my sense of humor ... but I saw the latest Natl. Enquirer at the local drug store, and it had Lisa Marie on the cover, and the article got into how she is ditching the Cof$ or has already done so. The article goes on to mention Jason Beghe, and there is some speculation that Kirsty Alley may be the next big (no pun intended thereby pointing out the obvious pun) celebrity to bail on the Cof$.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Love you too, and rich is relative.

Smilla ... you're rich? I had no idea that you were, er, um, so upstat! Perhaps we should discuss your pre-payment for the super advanced course on making money in the cult business. Notice all lower case ... no need to scream and shout with bold and ital. and all caps for such a big, upstat being like yourself. Of course, the usual advanced course would simply not do for you ... there is a special invititation only seminar held annually in Bora Bora, with deluxe accommodations and daily massages with specially trained redges er, oops, I meant massage therapists. And there is special, confidential course material offered to nobody else except those who attend this special seminar. While there, you will be assigned a special redge, er, oops, I meant mentor, who will be your personal consultant in this venture, and you will get to meet and mingle with similarly upstat big beings!

Now the only reason that I am able to offer this special seminar to you at this time ... because this seminar is generally totally booked 3 years in advance ... is that there was a cancellation. It seems that one of our best students and the guru of a multi million, award winning cult has run into some little snafu with the folks over in DHS over his immigration status. (We warned him about that but he was too busy making money and enjoying the good life and being the best guru possible to his dedicated adherents and let it slide.) This has lead to a suprise opening, and, of course, you were right there at the top of the list of upstat big beings to contact. But we need to move quickly here for you to take advantage of this situation ...

Pete

Of course you are right that LMP's problems are not worth worrying about compared to impoverished people in India or elsewhere. We're not discussing impoverished kids in India here. This is a discussion about LMP and her situation growing up as the only child of a mega star, and then becoming a cult member through her mother, and now her possible status as an ex-scientologist. Poor people don't have a monopoly on sadness, depression, unhappiness, etc... I would say that impoverished, starving people have despair. That's a whole 'nuther level of "unhappiness". It's misery beyond belief. LMP and these folks don't compare at all. I'm rather mystified that you even tried to make the comparison, or contrast.

Anyway, I've said all I'm going to say about LMP. I may comment in the future regarding any breaking news regarding her situation with the cult, but I'm not going to "take up for her" anymore. It obviously pushes some major big buttons for some of you.

Oh, it's major buttons is it?

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
So now we wait to see if she denies the claim made on the national enquirer cover. For if she does not, then trouble trouble will come. And if she does, trouble will come.

Lone Star

Crusader
So now we wait to see if she denies the claim made on the national enquirer cover. For if she does not, then trouble trouble will come. And if she does, trouble will come.

It's interesting that TMZ has stayed quiet on both the LMP and JT situations. They usually scoop everyone, and they are usually accurate. Either they don't feel secure in the accuracy of the stories, or they are loathe to report on Scn.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
You know in the org, it was kinda implied that celebs were much more able than myself because "They pulled in a great life" unlike me.

You're absolutely correct. My Buddhist training also tells me that wealthy people are for whatever reason rewarded with wealth because of probable generosity in the past. I apologise for copping an attitude, but I get somewhat irrational when observing people being treated "special" because of who they are and not what they've accomplished. My bad :eyeroll:

I know, it sounds rather Mark A. Baker-ish doesn't it? My apologies for the LRH lingo.

I'll rephrase the sentence...."since it obviously bothers some of you."

Yeah it did sound a bit Bakerish. Even the new version sounds like Baker-lite.
Any more offers? How about just remove that last sentence. I will accept the rest of the post.:)

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
It's interesting that TMZ has stayed quiet on both the LMP and JT situations. They usually scoop everyone, and they are usually accurate. Either they don't feel secure in the accuracy of the stories, or they are loathe to report on Scn.

I would be it's the latter. TMZ has been pretty in your face with Tom Cruise in the past - but that was in a let's make fun of Xenu way.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

You wouldn't find many people *starving* in India. You would find *hungry* people, though. There's a difference. Starvation is a definite state that leads to death, whereas hunger doesn't have that outcome.

Lone Star

Crusader
You wouldn't find many people *starving* in India. You would find *hungry* people, though. There's a difference. Starvation is a definite state that leads to death, whereas hunger doesn't have that outcome.

Yes I agree. I got carried away with the word 'starving'. I tend to be hyperbolic at times. Or perhaps it was a dub-in. Actually, all my posts about LMP may be dub-ins.

Mark says, ":yes:" and ":eyeroll:".
:lol:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Yes I agree. I got carried away with the word 'starving'. I tend to be hyperbolic at times. Or perhaps it was a dub-in. Actually, all my posts about LMP may be dub-ins.

Mark says, ":yes:" and ":eyeroll:".
:lol:

It's to the credit of India that starvation has pretty much disappeared there. One thing that has an impact is the fact that generally speaking, Indians dislike wasting food, and like to give what they don't need to people who do.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
That's very true, and many many people in this world could have their lives improved imeasurably by tiny amounts of money. We support a charity that delivers eye care in underdeveloped countries, and in many cases a relatively simple operation can literally cure blindness for what we'd spend on a casual stroll about town. That's a very sobering and sometimes troubling thought for me.

Thanks for that lovely post and for your charitable work. . .

At first I was going to send you a personal message because I thought it was off topic for this thread. But then, in a way the documentary I was going to ask if you'd seen started to seem like something others might want to view as well.

It's called "INSIDE NORTH KOREA". For anyone interested, the free link is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLBywKrTf4

It resonates at 3 levels:

* Charitable work saving people's vision.

* Growing up inside a totalitarian mind-control cult (e.g. North Korea), perhaps quite on topic as far as Lisa Marie Presley.

* What the world would be like under the dictatorial rule & despotic tyranny of Scientology. And how people living under such bitter oppression bizarrely assert great "wins" and heartfelt adulation for their cult leader.​

Okay, back to the Lisa Marie Presley thread now!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thanks for that lovely post and for your charitable work. . .

At first I was going to send you a personal message because I thought it was off topic for this thread. But then, in a way the documentary I was going to ask if you'd seen started to seem like something others might want to view as well.

It's called "INSIDE NORTH KOREA". For anyone interested, the free link is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLBywKrTf4

It resonates at 3 levels:
* Charitable work saving people's vision.

* Growing up inside a totalitarian mind-control cult (e.g. North Korea), perhaps quite on topic as far as Lisa Marie Presley.

* What the world would be like under the dictatorial rule & despotic tyranny of Scientology. And how people living under such bitter oppression bizarrely assert great "wins" and heartfelt adulation for their cult leader.​
Okay, back to the Lisa Marie Presley thread now!

Thanks for that HH - I've seen it before, but it deserves to be watched again. The parallels with Scientology really are there to be seen.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
It's to the credit of India that starvation has pretty much disappeared there. One thing that has an impact is the fact that generally speaking, Indians dislike wasting food, and like to give what they don't need to people who do.

actually the credit goes to Norman Borlaug Wiki entry for Borlaug

I think Borlaug can be legitimately said to have saved hundreds of millions of lives. He was awarded the peace prize - one of the greatest contributors to mankind and he is virtually unknown.