What's new

Technical Purity

It was still IFA when I wrote that article, before they changed the name in order to (I assume) try to cash in on the fresh Independents movement. Kinda silly really, because the name is now so generic it is unmemorable. Is it APIS, SPIA, ASAP or what? I prefer ASPIC as that is easy to remember (Associated Scientologists: Professionals, Independents and Cheapzoners). And I can't call the head honcho Iffy Mike any more <sniff>.

Paul

Howsabout "Chief of Bull"? [see my prior reference to APIS :coolwink:]

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Howsabout "Chief of Bull"? [see my prior reference to APIS :coolwink:]

Mark A. Baker

Sacré bleu! I'll think I'll just continue to call him Iffy Mike. He might want peeps to stop thinking of the old name, but it will probably take years to go away, if it ever does.

Maybe he'll change the name to try and cash in on the next movement anyway. How about IFAP: Independent Freezone Association of Professionals?

Paul

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's a "feel good" definition that means nothing.

It's like the generalized definitions for "Scientologist" in the Tech Dictionary.

It's silliness.

Now here's something to ponder.

Would you be so kind as to give me your definition of a Scientologist.

No facetiousness please, this is a serious request given in the light of your comment above.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
And chip in your definition for "standard" while you are at it. How would you define it?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
That's a "feel good" definition that means nothing.

It's like the generalized definitions for "Scientologist" in the Tech Dictionary.

It's silliness.

It's in the major English language dictionaries. You may want to take it up with those editors, then. That's what Standard means. When we Chinese drilled it back then, it was taken from a real live rilly kewl realio trulio official wogster DICKtionary.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think they missed it. Shoulda picked Zoners.

You all are just so doggone mean. Poor Terrill starts a nice thread about ST and it gets all stuffed up with poopiness.

You all need to do the New Poopiness Rundown.

Since you are not fans of ST then I'm sure you'd enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Veda

Sponsor
It's in the major English language dictionaries. You may want to take it up with those editors, then. That's what Standard means. When we Chinese drilled it back then, it was taken from a real live rilly kewl realio trulio official wogster DICKtionary.

The definition you gave is - word per word - the definition from the Scientology Tech Dictionary and the Class 8 course.

It was Hubbard blowing smoke.

Frankly, you have a ways to go to complete your Scientology deprogramming.

I'm disappointed.

Veda

Sponsor
Now here's something to ponder.

Would you be so kind as to give me your definition of a Scientologist.

No facetiousness please, this is a serious request given in the light of your comment above.

You're the Scientologist. You give me your definition. Or are you too embarrassed?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
You're the Scientologist. You give me your definition. Or are you too embarrassed?

There's a definite problem the the term Scientology.

Rontology: whatever L Ron Hubbard said and wrote.
Rontologist: One who believes and practices Rontology.

DMology: whatever little Davy Miscavige said and wrote.

Scientologist: one who believes and practices Scientology

That's not very hard.

What is Scientology?

Scientology: some intersecting subset of Rontology and DMology that unfortunately is way too much stuff for any group to ever agree upon its being correctly sorted out

That's the trouble with Scientology.

The indies should have called themselves Protestant Scientologists.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There you go again - deflecting the discussion. My position is well known on all of this. I have nothing to be embarrassed about at all. You are the one complaining about definitions so you give us yours please.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Technical Purity

Purity... yeah, think about it.

This word has no business being used in such a combination regards Scientology

wiki said:
Purity is the absence of impurity or contaminants in a substance. The term also applies to the absence of vice in human character.

Dictionary.com said:
pu·ri·ty   [pyoor-i-tee]
noun
1. the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc.: the purity of drinking water.

2. freedom from any admixture or modifying addition.

3. ceremonial or ritual cleanness.

4. freedom from guilt or evil; innocence.

5. physical chastity; virginity.

1 - no
2 - no
3 - no
4 - no
5 - no

no, no, no, no!

I'm hungry let's go to lunch

I fell down and hurt my zorch.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
The definition you gave is - word per word - the definition from the Scientology Tech Dictionary and the Class 8 course.

It was Hubbard blowing smoke.

Frankly, you have a ways to go to complete your Scientology deprogramming.

I'm disappointed.

That makes no sense, Veda. I only posted the DICKtionary definition of "standard" and said we used to Chinese drill it. Of course I don't find DICKtionary definitions to be "silly" or whatever. They aren't written by Hubbard. I wrote absolutely NOTHING about or defending Hubbardism or tek. If you're disappointed, it's with something that exists solely in your imagination.

You don't know me, you don't know anything about me.

Frankly, you have a long way to go before you complete your deprogramming, IMO, if that post is any indication.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I think they missed it. Shoulda picked Zoners.

You all are just so doggone mean. Poor Terrill starts a nice thread about ST and it gets all stuffed up with poopiness.

You all need to do the New Poopiness Rundown.

Since you are not fans of ST then I'm sure you'd enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Of course ppl can discuss and debate things on the FZ sub forum. But those people should not be surprised or upset when non CofS Scn'ists show up on threads on other sections. And, of course, many won't have any problem with that. But some have said that they do.

That's what Standard means. When we Chinese drilled it back then, it was taken from a real live rilly kewl realio trulio official wogster DICKtionary.
lemme sees if I remembers Standard - a definite level or degree of quality that is proper and adequate for a specific purpose? If only I could remember the Laws of L&N.

Lesse? The definition of a complete list is a list with only one reading item on list. Umm if a list has more than one item reading it... it ..is under listed? Oof. And I have learned them verbatum 2-3 times at least.

Mimsey

In your dreams, Balthasar, in your dreams...

Here's another link to the program (At first, may take a while to activate. Be patient. :)):

http://theedgewithtomsmith.com/a/TheEdgeBFranks1.mp3

I just listened to it, and the part about the murder of a MP is only a brief mention, and is vague. It's unknown whether it was a murder disguised as an accident - which would be more Scientological than an upfront guns-blasting homicide.

Be that as it may, this interview is packed with interesting information regarding a variety of areas, and Bill Franks comes across as extremely credible.

Franks mentions that it was L. Ron Hubbard who ran Scientology's Fair Game operations. Briefly discussing Paulette Cooper: "Basically, everything came from Hubbard. He actually ran that day to day."

And as for Hubbard throwing his wife under the bus, which has been known for some time, Bill Franks adds some fascinating detail:

"Hubbard had me and Miscavige and a few others interview Mary Sue... and... we had a van outside that was taping all this. And, basically, it was to get as much incriminating - to get her to incriminate herself as much as possible, and this would be, through a circumlocutious manner, fed to the government."

Tom Smith/Interviewer: "And this was Hubbard's idea?"

Bill Franks: "This was from L. Ron Hubbard to set up his wife. Right."

Bill Franks' character is not credible.

Don't make the mistake of thinking he is credible because he says what you want to hear.

If you rely on his sincerety you will eventually get burned.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
"There you go again - deflecting the discussion". < Now THAT is one of the definitions of SCIENTOLOGY! :hysterical: The Science of knowing how to avoid answering any question about Scientology that may expose what Scientology really is - a total SCAM!!:yes:

"There you go again - deflecting the discussion". < Now THAT is one of the definitions of SCIENTOLOGY! :hysterical: The Science of knowing how to avoid answering any question about Scientology that may expose what Scientology really is - a total SCAM!!:yes:

Actually it's a perfectly apt response to Veda's obvious attempt to make the discussion about Leon rather than the idea in play. That is a general tactic that V resorts to all too frequently. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker