What's new

Debbie Cook -- Exiled by Scientology - moving to the Caribbean

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Reasons why I think Debbie and her husband got money and quite a lot of it after the "secret settlement."
Their San Antonio marketing business website has been been totally inactive/dead since the day of the settlement. There's been no social media business running there really. (I've checked it week to week, just for grins.) :yes:

They don't know the native French language of the Guadeloupe island fluently, so won't be able to run their marketing business over there. An Internet business would require a high verbal and written mastery, including local idioms and slang.

The island is not a really good area to start a social media / Internet marketing company. Not enough of a base of potential customers, I suspect.

Moving to another country . . . you usually need to get a visa (complicated) and show you're in financially very good shape. Substantial amount of cash in the bank. You usually don't get approved if you're penniless. Some countries require a half million or more in the bank for a residency OK.

They're apparently personal friends now with their lawyer Jeffrey . . . go to dinner and movies with him. From what I've read. Seems like they are not indebted to him (unpaid legal bills) by any stretch. A guess.

I know they've paid back some donors who helped with their legal expenses with donations early on.

They've sold everything they have in the Texas house, so they obviously need have enough money set aside to refurnish a new abode top to bottom. And buy a car when they get there. All the expenses of beginning a brand new life far away . . . on an island. Takes a lot of cash.

There's not a lot of ways to have a professional career and make big money on that island. This is not like moving to a large metropolitan area or big city with plenty of career options.

Hopefully they have some money on hand to take care of unexpected healthcare bills, if need.

Guadeloupe: high unemployment problem.

Guadeloupe: commerce consists of tourism, agriculture, light industry and services. Depends on France for large subsidies and imports. Care to serve drinks on the beach for a livelihood? Not what they're trained for.

Sounds like a place I'd maybe go to if I had a couple million in the bank and wanted to sit on the beach and not have people knocking on my door. Though I could think of many other places I'd rather move. Not a place to work for the next 20 years. No future there.

You don't move there with $20,000 in the bank. You have to be better funded.

Keeping the house in Texas as a rental for now is a red herring, a shore story, IMO. :unsure: Just a guess. It will be sold soon. We'll see.

I could go on for a bit, but I think you see my point already . . . or not, if you prefer not to. :eyeroll:

Evidence of the probability of cash money is all over the place if you look closely. :yes: (Remember in the Goodfellas after the big heist.) :yes:

More information will surface a bit later, trust me. Too many people are curious and looking at their situation right now. :coolwink:

Too many eyeballs looking. :yes:

ILove2Lurk

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
If she had half a brain and was the viper she's reputed to be, she woulda taken money fro Flag in cash and stuffed it in a mattress. Or put it in an offshore account. Hmmmmm........

Idk, even years ago the very very rare SO member who MAY have had money in the bank via commissions pretty much had to "donate" or turn it all back over to the cult via various means before they were allowed to leave, route out, etc.... Blowing would have been the only way to keep any of it and that's only if the SO member ran and never looked back.

Btw does any Ex here know of any SO member who left the cult with a fat bank account, via cult commissions or earnings? Ever? I've never heard anything remotely like it. Not saying it's never happened just I've read lots of stories and 100% are of being destitute upon leaving. I'd be curious if any one has ever encountered a SO member who left the cult ahead financially, the cult is designed to ensure no one who has involvement with it at any level comes out ahead or with more money than when they began.

I just think the controls were clamped too tight for anyone to stash away any money in the SO. Money gives a degree of freedom and thats the last thing in the world the cult wants a SO member to have - freedom or options. There's no way she could have any real money to her name without the cult being very aware of it. Even as the CO of flag she had no personal freedom - she couldn't run errands or stop by the bank on a whim. She was watched and monitored always, there no "alone" time permitted.

I think Debbie left the cult with exactly what they allowed her too - Wayne and the check for $50,000 - nothing more.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Reasons why I think Debbie and her husband got money and quite a lot of it after the "secret settlement."
Their San Antonio marketing business website has been been totally inactive/dead since the day of the settlement. There's been no social media business running there really. (I've checked it week to week, just for grins.) :yes:

They don't know the native French language of the Guadeloupe island fluently, so won't be able to run their marketing business over there. An Internet business would require a high verbal and written mastery, including local idioms and slang.

The island is not a really good area to start a social media / Internet marketing company. Not enough of a base of potential customers, I suspect.

Moving to another country . . . you usually need to get a visa (complicated) and show you're in financially very good shape. Substantial amount of cash in the bank. You usually don't get approved if you're penniless. Some countries require a half million or more in the bank for a residency OK.

They're apparently personal friends now with their lawyer Jeffrey . . . go to dinner and movies with him. From what I've read. Seems like they are not indebted to him (unpaid legal bills) by any stretch. A guess.

I know they've paid back some donors who helped with their legal expenses with donations early on.

They've sold everything they have in the Texas house, so they obviously need have enough money set aside to refurnish a new abode top to bottom. And buy a car when they get there. All the expenses of beginning a brand new life far away . . . on an island. Takes a lot of cash.

There's not a lot of ways to have a professional career and make big money on that island. This is not like moving to a large metropolitan area or big city with plenty of career options.

Hopefully have some money on hand to take care of unexpected healthcare bills if need.

Guadeloupe: high unemployment problem.

Guadeloupe: commerce consists of tourism, agriculture, light industry and services. Depends on France for large subsidies and imports. Care to serve drinks on the beach for a livelihood? Not what they're trained for.

Sounds like a place I'd maybe go to if I had a couple million in the bank and wanted to sit on the beach and not have people knocking on my door. Though I could think of many other places I'd rather move. Not a place to work for the next 20 years. No future there.

You don't move there with $20,000 in the bank. You have to be better funded.

Keeping the house in Texas as a rental for now is a red herring, a shore story, IMO. :unsure: Just a guess. It will be sold soon. We'll see.

I could go on for a bit, but I think you see my point already . . . or not, if you prefer not to. :eyeroll:

Evidence of the probability of cash money is all over the place if you look closely. :yes: (Remember in the Goodfellas after the big heist.) :yes:

More information will surface a bit later, trust me. Too many people are curious and looking at their situation right now. :coolwink: Too many eyeballs looking.

ILove2Lurk

and you didn't address the very first question - why this place? Why somewhere where you don't even speak the language and have no connection? Why not the Seychelles? they also love a cash customer and some spectacular scenery and maitais on the beach. Or Costa Rica? Or Barbados? The Virgin Islands - you know places that speak the language or even other French islands where the percentage of english speakers is much higher? Why not places that have much better health care?

All you have managed to give out is the same thing most everyone else has said - someone is having to pay to get them there. On that part we all seem to agree. The money is or will be coming from the cofs.

But Cui bono? If they just got millions from the CofS why go to Guadeloupe? Why move at all?

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Some of us said "This all about money" right after Cook's email first appeared. No psychic powers needed to come to that conclusion, though. With Scientology, it's always about money.

money-toilet-paper.jpg

That would finally solve the lack of TP in the goddamn bathrooms.
Now if you could just come up with a formula to remove the Versailles urine scent...

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Maybe she got a fast-tracked Refugee Visa, "escaping Religious Persecution"? :biggrin:

(I'm not sure whether that'd be "escaping from" or "escaping to commit", you decide!)

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Please check the box that seems most correct to you. If you check more than one your choice is invalid. If you check less than two your choice is invalid. If you don't choose any, you are invalid.

1. That's ad hom. ( )
2. I told you not to put your hand there. ( )
3. Maybe Tuesday. ( )
4. Does that come with fries?( )

You forgot one:

"Blow me"

Sindy

Crusader
and you didn't address the very first question - why this place? Why somewhere where you don't even speak the language and have no connection? Why not the Seychelles? they also love a cash customer and some spectacular scenery and maitais on the beach. Or Costa Rica? Or Barbados? The Virgin Islands - you know places that speak the language or even other French islands where the percentage of english speakers is much higher? Why not places that have much better health care?

All you have managed to give out is the same thing most everyone else has said - someone is having to pay to get them there. On that part we all seem to agree. The money is or will be coming from the cofs.

But Cui bono? If they just got millions from the CofS why go to Guadeloupe? Why move at all?

To not get attacked by Indies, Maria Pia Gardini, all the donors. Certainly one could not live out a life of luxury in good conscience while being under the watchful eye of those who feel betrayed. I think it's called "blowing" :)

Anonycat

Crusader
hmm. Guadeloupe? Why on earth pick that island as a place to move to? How did they go about getting a property selected and getting visas to reside there? Given the number of places there of equal attraction where the Cooks can actually speak the language - Virgin Islands, the various islands like St Kitts etc.

Someone moving or retiring to a foreign country doesn't just get it done in a few weeks.

I am not at all sure what it adds up to but it sure does not make any sense.

I agree completely, and this was my first thought when I read the article. The only thing I could imagine, is that a property was given to her. A move like that is just too odd. In addition - now that it doesn't matter - she PMed me on Facebook to tell me that her legal bill was now at $57,000. That was just before she settled. Sure seems like things worked out for her retirement plan quickly and quietly.

Maybe moving there was part of the settlement.

As far as the house goes, maybe it was given to them as part of the deal too.

After all, Ron was mankind's best friend.

I'm sure Miscavige must be too.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Anonycat

Crusader
If they just got millions from the CofS why go to Guadeloupe? Why move at all?

Another excellent question, Mick. Since everyone is throwing their thoughts in, here's what I think.

I know that Tom Cruise has "man scouts" to seek his type, arrange a meeting with Tom, and if things click, here's how it goes: the desirable man signs a contract that guarantees him a successful career for as long as things are done right.

From all my communications with Debbie, and reading about this extremely strange move, all I can guess is that it is something like being Tom's lover under contract. You play the game as has been determined in great detail, and you'll be set.

Anonycat

Crusader
Maybe moving there was part of the settlement.

As far as the house goes, maybe it was given to them as part of the deal too.

After all, Ron was mankind's best friend.

I'm sure Miscavige must be too.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I agree, TAJ. I'm a slow typist, and missed this until now. I agree with you.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I haven’t been reading every last word of all this recent stuff re: Debbie of Arc and am not going to invest the time to do so, so my comments here are probably redundant and simplistic.

If I had a pile of dough, had some non-life threatening health problems, had “issues” and long term, exposer to harassment and potential legal peril from the Cof$, Guadeloupe wouldn’t look all that stupid as a place to go for a while.

With money and connections the life style and medical care in Guadeloupe is pretty damn good, the French Government is not a fan of Scn and there might even be a few Frogs that would like to hear (on the PDQ) what I got to say and help make and feather a somewhat safe nest for me.

I’d keep my home in Texas, for the time being, as a residency requisite thingy and, after all, so far the Courts in Texas have been favorable to me and I’ve got a real fine Lawyer there that knows the ropes.

It’d sound pretty damn good to me to go rest up, get away and spend my life in a place that Scn would have to come through Texas and French Courts to F with me ever again.

What happens next, I dunno…and frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn…the damage is done, the paste is outta the tube, the milk is spilt. The fractal spreading granules of sand have taken and will continue to take folks out of Scn…have prevented and will continue to prevent folks from going into Scn.

Peace.

Face :)

Debbie was put there by David, boy travel agent, Miscavage. Why?
A) Easy to keep an eye on her movements
B) Out of touch with everybody
C) If you want my money, you play by my rules
D) He's a sick fuck and wants to make "the bitch" miserable
E) He can cut off the money and she'd be screwed if she did jack shit.
F) He has a hard on for Dustin Hoffman in Papillion.
Mimsey

[video=youtube;DARD1l-tr6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DARD1l-tr6g[/video]

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
I haven’t been reading every last word of all this recent stuff re: Debbie of Arc and am not going to invest the time to do so, so my comments here are probably redundant and simplistic.

If I had a pile of dough, had some non-life threatening health problems, had “issues” and long term, exposer to harassment and potential legal peril from the Cof$, Guadeloupe wouldn’t look all that stupid as a place to go for a while.

With money and connections the life style and medical care in Guadeloupe is pretty damn good, the French Government is not a fan of Scn and there might even be a few Frogs that would like to hear (on the PDQ) what I got to say and help make and feather a somewhat safe nest for me.

I’d keep my home in Texas, for the time being, as a residency requisite thingy and, after all, so far the Courts in Texas have been favorable to me and I’ve got a real fine Lawyer there that knows the ropes.

It’d sound pretty damn good to me to go rest up, get away and spend my life in a place that Scn would have to come through Texas and French Courts to F with me ever again.

What happens next, I dunno…and frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn…the damage is done, the paste is outta the tube, the milk is spilt. The fractal spreading granules of sand have taken and will continue to take folks out of Scn…have prevented and will continue to prevent folks from going into Scn.

Peace.

Face :)

Very interesting choice of residence, Guadeloupe. It is an overseas region of France and as such is an integral part of the French Republic, thereby also part of the European Union and the Eurozone; its currency is the Euro.

But France is currently also perhaps the most actively anti-scn government, all due respect to Russia and Germany. Debbie is still a true believer; I can't imagine DM wanting to give money to France in any way, shape or form; is Debbie planning further actions against the financial fraud of DMs church (French court actions cite CofS fraud) and figures a French base may offer her her protection from extradition?

I do think she continues to follow the excellent legal advice she has been receiving and will continue to receive, whatever it is she is doing.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Okay, my opinion.

Like assholes, everybody has one. :p

I think the truth is pretty simple.

I think she's going there because DM said she's going there.

I don't know the technicalities of the "arrangement" or what they were paid or if they were paid. But how these things usually go: busy little beavers have feverishly been compiling stuff to use against them and they were told: Go to this place or else.

We don't know the "or else" because we're not on the beaver squad. But any of us who had people working day and night to find our Achilles Heel would probably have an "or else". You know? And these are two where COS has, among other things, years and years of their pc folders.

Why there?

Because it's a foreign place that has no one and nothing. Because they don't speak the language. Because they won't find work. Because it's miles away from anything and anyone. Because Wayne won't have a snowball's chance in hell of talking to his family or his kids.

It's a hot Siberia.

Doesn't anyone remember Darius Wilhere? When he was sent to Mexico? Or when Casavius Tabayoyon was shipped off to Europe?

I can't believe that this isn't the first thing that anyone else thought...

This is the first thing I thought.

I guess I have a really dark mind. :)

Hey, sorry to quote myself. But to support my theory, I wanted to bring to mind this piece from BFG's infamous "Musical Chairs" story:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=275870&highlight=#275870

“Good. So you guys understand the game?” Dave asks. “Okay, well today we are all going to find out how the entirety of Scientology feels about you guys playing musical chairs with the posts of international Scientology orgs and the Int Base. We are going to play the game musical chairs, but with a twist. You are all going to walk around these chairs here, while the music plays, a chair will be removed, and whoever does not get a chair when the music stops, well, that person will be offloaded from the Int Base.”

“Those are the rules and that is the game. Oh and the person who is left standing when all but one chair is pulled out will stay here and help me repost the base and get Scientology expanded. This is not a joke and I am not kidding. You guys have fucked with me for the last time. I am going to find out right now and right here, who is the most determined to stay here.”

You can imagine the horror on the faces in the room. There were about 70 people in the room and everybody knew that this was going to be a very cutthroat ordeal.

And what did “offloaded” mean? There were so many definitions for this word at the Int Base that this was not so clear. To most this would mean that they were going to be given $500 put on a bus to the middle of nowhere and told to never come back. Some had the hope that it meant to a lower org maybe. To some it meant going to the RPF in ANZO, CANADA or AFRICA where no external trouble could be caused.

One of Miscavige's known punishment techniques is to exile someone to a far corner of the earth, away from any kind of support.

I can't believe this whole Wayne and Debbie move to Bumfuck is not his doing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Agreed. And not just any old Bumfuck, but

1. somewhere nearby where they can be kept an eye on, or at least they will feel like they are under constant surveillance, whether they are or not, and

2. somewhere not obviously life-threatening where they would have nothing to lose by breaching whatever agreements with the Devil they had made.

Just a simple hell on Earth. Pour encourager les autres.

My opinion, anyway.

Paul

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
One of Miscavige's known punishment techniques is to exile someone to a far corner of the earth, away from any kind of support.

What happened at Int Base did not happen while an Officer of the Court looked on.

Do you really think that this time with legal counsel, and excellent legal council at that, such a shanghai would occur?

Whatever the secret agreement may be, the main Court may not be aware but certainly Debbies lawyer is aware and advised Debbie on it.