What's new

I've been out,but now it's official

thetabird

Patron
I planned my escape years ago. I am very responsible and needed in my own mind to complete cycles. I finished the case cracker on the Freewinds, and came home and finished the level V auditor requirements, and then did a Happiness Rundown, and was done in my head. The course supe saw it, and said I better get that handled, but I was a goner. I felt Free. No more stats to help someone else, no more stress, no more money down the drain. It was good. I came home and picked up my life after 15+ years of weekly trips to Miami. I always felt it was ME. I worked hard, had great stats, but felt inside like a failure. They always wanted more. I never got the same wins others did, but I was different. I couldn't talk about it because there is a bulletin about people like me. I never was sure of the floating needles. My pc would get all excited, and move her arms all over the place, and I would have to assume by her actions that the needle was floating!

I even blew from Flag. I went over for some action, I forget what it was now. But it was determined that I needed to do the purif again, and they wanted me to do it then. Well, I had no money or inclination to do it there, and they kept on and on. The guy in charge actually lost his cool with me, and told me he wasn't having a good day with me either! Then I got the bright idea that I could just leave, so I planned how to get out. I ran into someone who recognised what I was doing as the elevator door closed. I ran out to my car, got in and race down the parking lot past all these people trying to stop me. It was one of the worse times of my life. I cried all the way home, fearing the scientology policfe were going to get me. Once home I never shared my shame with my family who loved and cared about me. Only when Miami called me did I tell them, and they did a sec check on me............

When I went on the Freewinds, I was freaked. The thought of being trapped on a ship where I could not escape was overwhelming. I don't think they found much on my case cracking, but they gave me a week long course to do. I actually managed to finish it in the 2 weeks I was there. I was more afraid of not getting off the ship than all the time I put in on the course. Of course My win was no biggy to the other people who were loving the experience. I had to buy a conference to get off the shiip. When I saw my husband at the airport in Miami, I was so releived, I cannot tell you. During this time, My adrenals, and thyroid went bananas, and I am still dealing with the side effects of the stress of that action.

Anyway, I am here today, being productive, and trying to get out of the debt I incurred on this JOYRIDE. I recently read about getting repayment in a thread that a friend of mine Good Twin wrote. So I thought what the heck, I could really use that money. So I wrote my letters. I got an email from one, which I answered, and now nothing. A letter, and then emails from another, telling me I have to come to Flag and do the routing thing, and complete silence from ASHO. My question to anyone here is, has anyone gotten any moneys back lately? I used the letter posted in 2008. The chaplin from Flag obviously reads this site, as she informed me where I got it! I thought about getting others who were having trouble getting their moneys on account to pm me and maybe using the "National Enquirer" as an option if there were enough of us.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or information on this subject. I know this is long, and I thank you for your patience. I just have been taken advantage of because I try to get along with people and do the right thing, and I was in a bad place. And I am angry and tired of being such a pussy cat. So there you have it.......what do you think???

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Fuck the Enquirer - they're not credible. Contact Toobin and Child of the SP Times or Tony Ortega of the Village Voice. He just did an article today about a dude who is in the middle of suing Flag.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Been trying to get my $$ back since last Sept. Did the routing form BS etc. ASHO hangs up the phone on me when I call. I don't even get any cult promo in the mail anymore, deadfiled, & P.N.G. I think it's been awhile since anyone got any money back? The last couple years the cult has really been circling the wagons.

Good twin

Floater
I heard that my name has come up in some ethics cycles at Flag lately. I lost a few FaceBook friends recently too.

freethinker

Sponsor
I'll put this plainly. Their policies on reund/repayment are what you accepted when you signed on. That means they are valid and you stick to those policies only; there are four only.

When they tell you you have to do a routing form, that is a counteroffer. If you accept that counteroffer, the original contract is void. Therefore, DO NOT DO THE ROUTING FORM.

When you do the routing form , you have just consented to their terms. Read the policies on refund and repayment and stick to those terms only. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER TERMS NO MATTER WHAT.

AS soon as you sign their R/F they are no longer liable for fraud. Don't do it.

Disclaimer: The above is for entertainment and educational purposes only. It is NOT to be construed as legal advice. Consult a legal proffessional for legal advice. What ever you do with the above information is on your own personal responsibility.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Have you seen the Idle Org thread with pictures. I said last night that I believe we may be further into the end game with that money. A lot of shit doesn't make sense. I get that the COB is a cheap bastard and all, but cheap bastards are self-serving. It doesn't make sense to let properties go into foreclosure and seized for tax liens. Or trashed by looters. Or burned by mysterious fires.

I've heard the number billion in reserves. But settlements are expensive. Lawyers are expensive. Buying planes and motorcycles for Tom Cruise is expensive.

I agree, theta. The evidence strongly suggests that the beast has been bled nearly dry. I've not been anywhere besides my local morgue and it's staffed by a bunch of children. Your perspective on Flag and the Co$ as a whole is interesting and I appreciate it. Davey probably stashed something in offshore accounts (actually it's not probably - someone trying to get an IAS refund discovered that it actually happened). The rats are fleeing the sinking ship. I'm firmly convinced that the demise is closer than we've been led to believe.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I'll put this plainly. Their policies on reund/repayment are what you accepted when you signed on. That means they are valid and you stick to those policies only; there are four only.

When they tell you you have to do a routing form, that is a counteroffer. If you accept that counteroffer, the original contract is void. Therefore, DO NOT DO THE ROUTING FORM.

When you do the routing form , you have just consented to their terms. Read the policies on refund and repayment and stick to those terms only. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER TERMS NO MATTER WHAT.

AS soon as you sign their R/F they are no longer liable for fraud. Don't do it.

Disclaimer: The above is for entertainment and educational purposes only. It is NOT to be construed as legal advice. Consult a legal proffessional for legal advice. What ever you do with the above information is on your own personal
responsibility.

^Wisdom.

Tony Ortega mentioned the arbitration clause today. What form is that on? I've not gone high enough on the Bridge to have seen Flag's arbitration agreement.

FoTi

Crusader
You might try Prepaid Legal AKA Legal Shield. It's only $17 a month for membership and there is no contract. With the membership you can contact an attorney and discuss this...... the attorney will also write a letter for you or make a phone call on your behalf. The membership also includes other services. It's a good service. I belong to it.

If you have an attorney representing you, the CoS might be a little more responsive.

http://www.legalshield.com/

freethinker

Sponsor
It must be on one of the new services agreements as a pre-emtive stike. The last time I saw a service agreement was 13 years ago so I am not up to date.
^Wisdom.

Tony Ortega mentioned the arbitration clause today. What form is that on? I've not gone high enough on the Bridge to have seen Flag's arbitration agreement.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
You might try Prepaid Legal AKA Legal Shield. It's only $17 a month for membership and there is no contract. With the membership you can contact an attorney and discuss this...... the attorney will also write a letter for you or make a phone call on your behalf. The membership also includes other services. It's a good service. I belong to it.

If you have an attorney representing you, the CoS might be a little more responsive.

http://www.legalshield.com/

I agree with the advice to contact a lawyer. I don't know a damn thing about legal shield, but I know a thing or two about lawyers. They aren't all created equal, the ones who participate in these prepaid services tend to be starving for work, and lawyers who are starving for work typicall deserve it.

A prepaid legal service might be useful to get someone with the title of "lawyer" to demand that the landlord fix the toilet. But the Co$ is a brutally litigious cult with a barn full of experienced highly paid lawyers. I'm all in favor of you lawyering up, but do yourself a favor - go big or go home.

BTW, anyone ever consider a class action? Y'know for all the ex's that maybe lost only $1-2k on account and wouldn't lawyer up otherwise.

This jumped out when I read your post.

" I couldn't talk about it because there is a bulletin about people like me."

I'm guessing a lot of us felt that way. It is amusing and very creepy at the same time.

Good that you're out of that horrible place.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Larry Wollersheim believes he has a successful method for extracting a refund from Scientology:

Here is the exact refund success process I recommend:

1 Send a SIMPLE several paragraph written demand to your local Scientology center(s) the one or ones where you received your services. Demand that all your service payments are refunded back to you within 30 days. State in the demand that they are required to honor the refund policy and that David Miscavige - as head of Scientology - will be held personally, legally responsible for it if you do not get your payment in 30 days. Tell them after 30 days if you do not get your payment you are going to sue David Miscavige personally and Scientology and, you are giving a copy of this demand letter to the IRS enforcement division because Scientology and David Miscavige are not following the procedures and policies they claimed to use in their applications for 501c3 religious non profit status.

2 If you do not get paid in 30 days, immediately file a copy of your demand letter to the Enforcement division of the IRS with a cover letter stating David Miscavige as head of Scientology (and the highest ranking person who was responsible for Scientology’s 501c3 non profit status application) is violating the statements and terms of Scientology’s IRS application in which they were granted a religious non profit tax exemption.

3 Next, and ideally, find a Scientology battle-hardened lawyer who knows Scientology’s bluffing and negotiation tactics and file your refund and other claims suit through them. If your attorney agrees it is appropriate, be sure to name David Miscavige personally in any suit as he is head of all operations and is personally and corporately responsible for the actions of all of the Scientology corporations he has de facto absolute control over. Do not falter, hesitate or delay. Do not re-ask Scientology to pay you. If you do not file suit as you say, when you say, Scientology will not treat your demand as credible and will look at you as weak. And, if David Miscavige’s name is on it, they will take you seriously! --- Because they are forced by their own internal policy to take the suit seriously and it is OSA policy to protect Miscavige like he was Hubbard.

4 Next, start calling all the local media you can and tell them your human rights abuse story. Be sure to Use David Miscavige’s name as the individual most personally responsible for enforcing the policies of Scientology and this injustice. Where ever you can, mention Tom Cruise John Travolta and any other Scientology Celebrities who are promoting Scientology and causing more people to be harmed as you were. (You might even want to name them in your suit as well, if your attorney agrees it is appropriate.) Also ask the local media to go with you to the Scientology center if they have a fraud exposing unit. Keep on getting Scientology more media coverage on the harm and injustice they have done to you always mentioning the names above. (Remember you first asked them nicely to follow their own refund policy and they refused! You now have the right and moral and ethical obligation to enforce justice in the manner above through the law to take all the profit out of their wrongdoing. Also, keep in mind that they are fanatics. Anything less that your total commitment and total persistence to executing the exact success process above will not even get their attention much less your refund!

5 Make sure every new ex scientologist gets this email and make sure every old ex-scientologist hears about it too. That is the absolute least you can do to do your fair part to help take the profit out of Scientology’s wrongdoing.

FoTi

Crusader
I agree with the advice to contact a lawyer. I don't know a damn thing about legal shield, but I know a thing or two about lawyers. They aren't all created equal, the ones who participate in these prepaid services tend to be starving for work, and lawyers who are starving for work typicall deserve it.

A prepaid legal service might be useful to get someone with the title of "lawyer" to demand that the landlord fix the toilet. But the Co$ is a brutally litigious cult with a barn full of experienced highly paid lawyers. I'm all in favor of you lawyering up, but do yourself a favor - go big or go home.

BTW, anyone ever consider a class action? Y'know for all the ex's that maybe lost only $1-2k on account and wouldn't lawyer up otherwise.

I think Tory (Magoo) used Prepaid Legal (now called Legal Shield) when she was requesting her money back. You can ask her if it was worth having their service. They have big lawfirms that work with their clients.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
And added to the advice already given - don't cave into their pressure to go to Flag to fetch your refund. You could risk being trapped and having to sign something you'll regret in order to be able to leave. We've heard that tactice being used quite a bit recently.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Here's Tony Ortega's latest on the subject of refunds.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/06/scientology_on_12.php

It sounds like the church has decided to deny people refunds, because they believe the courts won't do a thing because they're a "religion". Basically they seem to be thumbing their noses at everyone.

Perhaps a class action will ensue, using the premise that requiring arbitration using Scientologists in good standing is unfair because they will always side with COS or risk their spiritual freedom.

It's worth a try.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Refunds and repayments, well... $cientology $tinks but at least you're OUT, so you should be safe from further harm.

That class action is not a bad idea, although I'm sure $cientology would play the usual corporate shell game if it succeeded. The division that was found to be liable would then turn out to have $100 in assets, tops. Also, it wouldn't help people for whom some or all of the extorted money was taken in other countries. Legal problems get a whole lot more complicated when the legal systems of multiple nations are involved.

Presumably places like France and Australia will ultimately seize all the Scientology cult's assets, and pay out to the victims... but that could still be years away. For the USA, a class action might be a good way to kick things up a notch.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
For a class action, you would also want to define your class very narrowly so as not to screw up future lawsuits that those still in might want to bring in the future.

The main reason I brought it up os because the IRS non-profit agreement requires the Co$ to give you the refund. Some of the old timers know the particulars of the arrangement. I dont; I just know that the Co$ is apparently running afoul of this agreement when they refuse the refunds. It would be harder for the IRS to ignore a class action as a one off problem with a sloppy employee. So yes, kicking things up a notch is *precisely* what I'm suggesting.

That said, a class action would almost have to be a labor of love. Not just any lawyer can file them. And if you got a lawyer who is inexperienced with class actions, that lawyer would have to have a co-counsel that has done class actions. That's expensive. You'd almost need to add fraud to your list of complaints to make it worth your while. The pleading requirements for fraud require a high degree of specificity and normally wouldn't really be amenable to class action, but, um, SHOW ME A MOTHERFUCKING CLEAR! Get it?

Those are my suggestions. But I can't help you find a lawyer - I don't want to be found and frankly I don't know of anyone who would even want something like this. But have fun storming the castle.

And FUCK YOU OSA!!!