What's new

In Re David Mayo

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
I haven't been keeping up with all the threads and posts. I would like to say that I appreciate more than I can express the appreciation I feel toward all you wonderful people who have remembered me and who have wrtten kind things about me and about Julia.

After too many adversities one can feel, even become, downtrodden and IMHO can even become physically sick. Kindness is definately one of the great healers of both the soul and the body.

Thank you to all who have cared and who have cared to express their good will toward us!

With love,

David Mayo

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
After too many adversities one can feel, even become, downtrodden and IMHO can even become physically sick. Kindness is definitely one of the great healers of both the soul and the body.

Well said, David! Great to see you here.

Please don't stay away too long. :rose:

*hugs* to you both,

Tory/Magoo
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044
www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I haven't been keeping up with all the threads and posts. I would like to say that I appreciate more than I can express the appreciation I feel toward all you wonderful people who have remembered me and who have wrtten kind things about me and about Julia.

After too many adversities one can feel, even become, downtrodden and IMHO can even become physically sick. Kindness is definately one of the great healers of both the soul and the body.

Thank you to all who have cared and who have cared to express their good will toward us!

With love,

David Mayo

This fat squirrel cannot be bad (or be felt unlikeable). :coolwink:

David, you are in a good place. Surrounded (mostly) by those who are FOR you.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Really, I understand they want to save Scientology, but why they don't just acknowledge the many others who tried before them, and by them they were harassed and shutdown?

It that really just a power-struggle whith gosts of their past coming in present time?

"They were bad guys, we are the only good guys" is so sickening and so cultish!

Well, one other aspect to it is that the world of communications has evolved several times over since Mayo left. It's only because of the internet that M&M can document harassment over and over in real time and get an audience.

Had that been the case at the time of Mayo, things might have turned out differently.

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
Well, one other aspect to it is that the world of communications has evolved several times over since Mayo left. It's only because of the internet that M&M can document harassment over and over in real time and get an audience.

Had that been the case at the time of Mayo, things might have turned out differently.

In addition to the World Wide Web, there is the invaluable contribution of the Message Board thanks to EMMA. That's what makes it work.

D

Thank you for the welcome.

I assume 'the Mayo take-over of ESMB' was said 'tongue-in-cheek' but lest anyone takes that seriously, I have absolutely no intention of do so! :no::no::no:
And I am very well impressed with this board and (almost all of) those on it and the ESMB's founder.:D:D:D

D

It was partly 'tongue in cheek' and partly a 'wagging finger' at turmoil on the board over the last several months arising from speculations (largely imaginary) at efforts by Rathbun, Rinder, Laws, et altera, to make ESMB their plaything, 'i.e take-over of ESMB'.

You & Julie just happened to pop up on the board near the end of a protracted and unnecessarily heated controversy over intents & management of the board. Several popular individuals who have made contributions to the ex-scientology community have departed. They either been barred from the board for intentional misconduct, or in some cases, stormed off due to their insistence on 'being right' and others 'wrong'.

Unfortunately, in that regard, not a lot has changed among former members of the church since the 1980s. :sad:

Mark A. Baker

uniquemand

Unbeliever
One doesn't have to be a scientologist to hold the conviction that they are right, or to imagine bogeymen that are not there. That being said, there COULD be a bogeyman, so it is wise to cover one's ass.

One doesn't have to be a scientologist to hold the conviction that they are right, or to imagine bogeymen that are not there. That being said, there COULD be a bogeyman, so it is wise to cover one's ass.

No argument with that, Kev. The history of the field has included an history of harassment. However, there is a wise & reflective way of discussing such possibilities, just as there is a way to introduce the maximum of disruption along with a minimum of elucidation. Recent discussions have tended towards the 'warm' but non-luminous.

Mark A. Baker

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

I assume 'the Mayo take-over of ESMB' was said 'tongue-in-cheek' but lest anyone takes that seriously, I have absolutely no intention of do so! :no::no::no:
And I am very well impressed with this board and (almost all of) those on it and the ESMB's founder.:D:D:D

D

Welcome David!

At first I assumed the name was a hoax. Too many years on the internet, I suppose.

You always seemed like a kind person and I'm sorry I took your SP declare at face value all those years ago. Suspecting the people who'd left my org to go to AAC might have known something I didn't would have saved me a lot of grief.

Here's a big internet hug for you and your family: :bighug:

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the original DM.

:welcome:

Until this morning, I had not bothered to read these threads - I had simply assumed we were dealing with a troll.

When I first joined the cult, you had moved on but I clearly remember the red vols with LRH:dm at the bottom.

Perhaps they should have read DM:lrh.

All the very best.

LTG

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
And, of course, the Conspiracy Theorists will soon be slathering Mark with slings and arrows of grevious suspicion for having started this thread and thus prepared the way for the Mayo take-over of ESMB! :drama:
:welcome: David Mayo :welcome:

D
Tongue-in-cheek? Decidely so!

I guess you had to be there to get the joke. It was a poor gag but I "did it for the the lulz", as some of our Anonymous contingent would say, I'm sure Mark got it.

In any event, I'm very pleased to see both you and Julie posting here. :)

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
This is an excellent lecture. Thank you for sharing it.

It's interesting what people hear when they listen to the same tape. I heard David Mayo, with great ARC and integrity, discussing the over-selling of OT powers and Scientology in general, and how he felt bad about the top OTs of the Scientology Bridge being overt products to some degree. (In relation to them trying to use their NOTs powers to put the Evil Eye on him during the court case)

Certainly is, it covers a lot of territory and there is much information and thoughts to ponder jam-packed into it. I found the idea that an authoritarian construct bases its work on authority, rather than observation and the implications this has in regard to Scientology, fascinating. Is the authoritarian aspect of Scientology a consequence of its structure or is it a contrivance designed specifically to prevent observation? Mayo's story about the behaviour of OTs during the court case is equally fascinating. I think he hit the nail on the head in his description of how Scientology is less about gaining power and freedom for the self and more about attempting to gain power over and reduce the freedom of others. Those still slurping the KSW koolaid would do well to have a listen to this tape, verify the facts as far as possible, and bear in mind that LRH was still alive and kicking throughout this period.

Interesting also that L Ron Hubbard never actually managed to exteriorise - so much for his own tech and so much for the "great Thetan" myth.

Hatshepsut

Crusader

Get your 'bogeyman' insurance here folks!! :yes:

images

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome to the original DM.

:welcome:

Until this morning, I had not bothered to read these threads - I had simply assumed we were dealing with a troll.

When I first joined the cult, you had moved on but I clearly remember the red vols with LRH:dm at the bottom.

Perhaps they should have read DM:lrh.

All the very best.

LTG

And then they collected and burned or shreded all the red vols they could get their hands on and issued a whole set of new ones.....the new improved version, with the new standard tech, which everybody had to buy all over again, because the old ones were wrong? Served two purposes.....erased history and cha-ching.....kept the cash registers from getting rusty.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
It was partly 'tongue in cheek' and partly a 'wagging finger' at turmoil on the board over the last several months arising from speculations (largely imaginary) at efforts by Rathbun, Rinder, Laws, et altera, to make ESMB their plaything, 'i.e take-over of ESMB'.

You & Julie just happened to pop up on the board near the end of a protracted and unnecessarily heated controversy over intents & management of the board. Several popular individuals who have made contributions to the ex-scientology community have departed. They either been barred from the board for intentional misconduct, or in some cases, stormed off due to their insistence on 'being right' and others 'wrong'.

Unfortunately, in that regard, not a lot has changed among former members of the church since the 1980s. :sad:

Mark A. Baker
(That's hystory written by the winners, BTW. :D )

(That's hystory written by the winners, BTW. :D )

In this instance I don't agree with you, ML. My comments were not written to invalidate the specific arguments of either side over the question in dispute. With regard to that underlying question which has served as the focus of the dispute, I don't have enough information to warrant taking a a side. Additionally some of the participants are people I consider friends. None of the participants do I dislike.

My intent was to provide a minimal summary of relevant events. As to the intentional 'bad conduct' by some of the individuals, that is unfortunately a matter of public record. The outcome is a sad one but, under the circumstances, not an inappropriate one for the board.

Mark A. Baker

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
In this instance I don't agree with you, ML. My comments were not written to invalidate the specific arguments of either side over the question in dispute. With regard to that underlying question which has served as the focus of the dispute, I don't have enough information to warrant taking a a side. Additionally some of the participants are people I consider friends. None of the participants do I dislike.

My intent was to provide a minimal summary of relevant events. As to the intentional 'bad conduct' by some of the individuals, that is unfortunately a matter of public record. The outcome is a sad one but, under the circumstances, not an inappropriate one for the board.

Mark A. Baker

No problem Mark, I agree with you on your disagreement with me. And makes me wonder, what I was disagreeing in the first place? Oh, yes, I just thought they would have used a few different adjectives, but your main narrative is not wrong, I think. It's a real puzzle to me how all people are right, in their own mind, per the data (real or imaginated) they have. Me included.

:)

Svetka

Patron with Honors
Re: Read Veda's post just a two or so days back.

In the conflict between the mission holders and C of S Int Management, Mayo sided with the mission holders. Hubbard wanted to destroy the Mission holders, resented that they were making money off of his "church" and wanted control of their money. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who opposed Hubbard on this point immediately took on the color of an SP and was to be destroyed. The fact that Mayo had saved Hubbard's life a couple of years earlier and had been appointed as the head of tech, internationally, counted for a big fat zero in Hubbard's eyes.
Lakey
Hi Gary, how are you? :)

My question here is how do you know for the fact that all that mentioned above were really originated by Hubbard and not falsified on the way, that Dan Koon for example find very suspicious.