What's new

In Re David Mayo

Re: Read Veda's post just a two or so days back.

Hi Gary, how are you? :)

My question here is how do you know for the fact that all that mentioned above were really originated by Hubbard and not falsified on the way, that Dan Koon for example find very suspicious.

Well for starters, Hubbard's tendency viciously to turn on former associates and order his juniors to abuse, defraud, and persecute them is well documented from earlier years. The abuses which came down from above after hubbard disappeared from normal lines of control were very much in keeping with the very well documented abuses which occurred earlier when he was known to be directly & publicly in control of the organization.

Things got arguably a great deal more intense in the eighties in terms of the extent to which abusive behavior became normal. But that is quite reasonably in keeping with the continuing decline in Hubbard's mental condition. He did become so paranoid as to cut himself off from his family and lifetime friends & associates and seek to live a life on the run; a life spent dependent on a few associates as isolated as himself.

That sort of decline could be expected to produce an increase in suspicion and decrease in tolerance towards others; especially those whom he had wronged himself.

Mark A. Baker

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Gary, how are you? :)

My question here is how do you know for the fact that all that mentioned above were really originated by Hubbard and not falsified on the way, that Dan Koon for example find very suspicious.

Hi Svetka,

I reccommend you read Face's (afaceinthecrowd) thread. It should give you a clearer picture.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars

He gives a very detailed (and interesting) account of his experience as a top SO exec in the 70's.

Hi Svetka,

I reccommend you read Face's (afaceinthecrowd) thread. It should give you a clearer picture.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars

He gives a very detailed (and interesting) account of his experience as a top SO exec in the 70's.

i read the question, and then went searching Face's posts for the answer(s)

Can you spot a specific answer to the question. I couldn't.

It is here where I wish there was a comprehensive index.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

i read the question, and then went searching Face's posts for the answer(s)

Can you spot a specific answer to the question. I couldn't.

It is here where I wish there was a comprehensive index.

This is what Svetka was questioning:

In the conflict between the mission holders and C of S Int Management, Mayo sided with the mission holders. Hubbard wanted to destroy the Mission holders, resented that they were making money off of his "church" and wanted control of their money. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who opposed Hubbard on this point immediately took on the color of an SP and was to be destroyed. The fact that Mayo had saved Hubbard's life a couple of years earlier and had been appointed as the head of tech, internationally, counted for a big fat zero in Hubbard's eyes.
Lakey

Face goes into a good bit of detail about what was going on at the time. I think it's toward the end of the story as that's pretty much where he wrapped up.

I have a mind to pdf his story - it's a great read.

I went looking and I think it's Part 14 that covers that period.

Page 35 - Post #343 is the start of Part 14 http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=571290&viewfull=1#post571290

This is a snippet from second segment Part 14 (post 454):
Here's a quick ref on the abbreviations:

YTJ - Year of The Jackals
COC - Children of the Corn (Messengers)
FS - Field Scios
OG - Old Guard (long time experienced Scios)
MH - Mission Holders
FAL - Field auditor luminaries
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=573401&viewfull=1#post573401

I personally think that during YTJ most of the FS’s just hoped it would all be over soon so that they could continue on their Bridge in peace and quiet. For many, the public hanging of Mayo was a welcomed new “item” or “why” as to their not having had the “wins” and “gains” they were promised by Scn, or felt should be there by El Ron’s “hidden standard” producing promo and Scriptures. Mayo had, according to the COC, betrayed El Ron’s trust as had, yet again according to the COC, many of the OG, MH’s and some FAL’s. The Affinity the FS’s “misplaced” with those 3 groups could now be focused where it “properly” belonged—El Ron and his brilliant young “On-Source” Loyal Officers. El Ron all along had wanted you to have “pure” Scientology, but, all these “Evil Doers” had denied Pure “IT” to you so that you would not get “It”.

In YTJ, whatever Affinity El Ron ever had for Mary Sue, the Old Guard, the Mission Holders, the Field Auditors & Luminaries was alloyed not by the Children of the Corn but by Hisself’s unquenchable thirst and greed for the one thing and the one entity El Ron had more Affinity for than anything or anyone else—Money and Hisself’s Ego. The importance of maintaining and corralling the “Flock” of FS’s was tantamount as that was where the money and wherewithal was to come from to construct Hisself’s Pyramids to house and preserve the Body of Hisself’s Egoic Remains—the Wall of Words. However, El Ron’s Mausoleums don’t tower into the desert sky—they are hidden deep beneath its' sands.

Part 14 - 3

So maybe some info is in Part 13 and 15 too. I know you added to the story in there in Part 14 yourself Carmelo

But the entire story should be read to really get "it" :)

Last edited:

Face goes into a good bit of detail about what was going on at the time. I think it's toward the end of the story as that's pretty much where he wrapped up.

Page 35 - Post #343 is the start of Part 14 http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=571290&viewfull=1#post571290

This is a snippet from a later portion of Part 14 (post 454):

FS - Field Scios
MH - Mission Holders
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=573401&viewfull=1#post573401

This kind of sums it up. More details to be found earlier in Pt 14

thanks for the re research.
I knew I'd read it, and Face wrote it. Just WHERE????

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is a snippet from second segment Part 14 (post 454):

FS - Field Scios
MH - Mission Holders

Part 14 - 3

So maybe some info is in Part 13 and 15 too. I know you added to the story in there in Part 14 yourself Carmelo

But the entire story should be read to really get "it" :)

Man, thanks for helpin' him out PirateAndBum...you did a much better job of it than I coulda. :thumbsup:

I see now I shoulda just repeated names like Children of the Corn every time instead of skimping to initials after a while. :duh:

Oh Well...I'm an amateur writer, piss pour poof reader at best and spent far too much of my life hangin' with Porkus Galacticus and readin', M9in', Star Ratin', Clay Demoin' and Chinese Schoolin' Hisself's quill swill. :melodramatic:

Face:)

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader

Man, thanks for helpin' him out PirateAndBum...you did a much better job of it than I coulda. :thumbsup:

I see now I shoulda just repeated names like Children of the Corn every time instead of skimping to initials after a while. :duh:

Oh Well...I'm an amateur writer, piss pour poof reader at best and spent far too much of my life hangin' with Porkus Galacticus and readin', M9in', Star Ratin', Clay Demoin' and Chinese Schoolin' Hisself's swill. :melodramatic:

"Porkus Galacticus"

:hysterical:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Editors of later editions can fix stuff like that. :)

Paul

REPORT TO SENIOR EDITOR:

Dear Sir,

It appears that evil transcriptionists are still trying to sabotage the scripture.

The importance of maintaining and corralling the “Flock” of FS’s was [STRIKE]tantamount[/STRIKE] paramount as that was where the money and wherewithal was to come from to construct Hisself’s Pyramids to house and preserve the Body of Hisself’s Egoic Remains—the Wall of Words. However, El Ron’s Mausoleums don’t tower into the desert sky—they are hidden deep beneath its' sands.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

REPORT TO SENIOR EDITOR:

Dear Sir,

It appears that evil transcriptionists are still trying to sabotage the scripture.

Damn, that's embarrassin'...I dooo know the difference...honest injun...oy f'n vey.:blush:

Well, I do have brain damage, ya know...:nervous:

Face:eyeroll:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Damn, that's embarrassin'...I dooo know the difference...honest injun...oy f'n vey.:blush:

My fingers often type something completely different to what I had intended, and I don't mean simply hitting an adjacent key by mistake. Sometimes it is whole words that are wrong. I try to read what I have written very carefully these days before putting it online in an irrevocable fashion.

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I know, I know, I know you know!

Dude, having written a whole lot for a whole lotta time, I know that even when I proof my own stuff carefully, there are naturally occurring "corrections" that the mind does, making a funky word, clause or phrase look perfectly normal.

It's like those thingies where words are misspelled (or letters left out or switched out of position) and you can still read the garbled text perfectly well, often without noticing it.

Daz ist ein blind spot, Herr Face, that all authors know all too well.

Never doubted ya for a moment, my friend!

And I am soooooo happy to know that the HISSELF chronicles continue!!

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

My fingers often type something completely different to what I had intended, and I don't mean simply hitting an adjacent key by mistake. Sometimes it is whole words that are wrong. I try to read what I have written very carefully these days before putting it online in an irrevocable fashion.

Paul

Sometimes I've got a whole narrative thought of how I want to say an idea or concept, convey an image or scene and then I change my mind while I'm writing it and do it a different way and it gets to be a miss mash. When I go back to clean it up, one of my "problems" from my brain damage is dealing with symbolic notation...written numbers and letters...and I sometimes just don't "see" my errors...no matter how many times I go through it, whether or not I read it out loud, go slowly and repeatedly, even if I review it again days later I won't see them. But, when they are pointed out, Bingo, it's obvious to me.

I often read posts on ESMB 4 or 5 times before I respond to them to ensure I'm "getting" them correctly and, even then, I mess up from time to time.

This is something that is new to me since my brain lesion thingy...along with a bunch of other stuff I won't self indulge about. What's fascinating is that as frustrating as some of this stuff is (like the above) there's some other stuff that's new that's pretty F'n cool. If someone had a magic wand and could go "presto chango" and put me back like I was 6 years ago in every way I'd probably--most days--take a pass.

I very much appreciate your doing this, Paul.:yes:

I appreciate all Y'all's interest in what I've got to say.:yes:

And, I sure as Hell am grateful for having a place and the memory to say it.:yes:

Face :)

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

I know, I know, I know you know!

Dude, having written a whole lot for a whole lotta time, I know that even when I proof my own stuff carefully, there are naturally occurring "corrections" that the mind does, making a funky word, clause or phrase look perfectly normal.

It's like those thingies where words are misspelled (or letters left out or switched out of position) and you can still read the garbled text perfectly well, often without noticing it.

Daz ist ein blind spot, Herr Face, that all authors know all too well.

Never doubted ya for a moment, my friend!

And I am soooooo happy to know that the HISSELF chronicles continue!!

Youze a real Mensch, Double H.:thumbsup:

Boomima

Patron with Honors

I appreciate all Y'all's interest in what I've got to say.:yes:

And, I sure as Hell am grateful for having a place and the memory to say it.:yes:

Face :)
I hope you and Lakey know that everyone appreciates your tales of the old days. You speak for those who can't speak for themselves and remind people what LRH was really like.