What's new

Coverage of Shelly Miscavige's Disappearance

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
All the media coverage of the TomKat divorce has resulted in several media outlets picking up the story of Shelly Miscavige's "disappearance." Here's the stories that have popped up just in the last couple of days:

http://www.businessinsider.com/scientology-leader-david-miscaviges-wife-has-been-missing-since-2006-2012-7

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/359529/20120704/shelly-miscavige-scientology-david-missing-cruise-holmes.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168586/Mystery-Scientology-leaders-missing-wife-David-Miscaviges-ex-seen-2007.html

Maybe this story will get picked up; I'd love to see COS try and dance around this one!!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Omfg this is just too delicious - mainstream media dissemination of Anonymous missing person posters for Shelly Miscavige and video footage of the squirrelbusters, who are of course a public relations coup de grace for the cult! This is such a far cry from the intimidated journalism of yesteryear! The worm has turned, Scientology. Suck it up!

smiley-sex020.gif

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The more publicity for Shelly gone missing the better for Shelly.

We have a cult that with impunity has made people disappear - and not had to answer for it.

Isn't it time these crimes be the stopped ?

Noisy investigation ? :thumbsup:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
The more publicity for Shelly gone missing the better for Shelly.

We have a cult that with impunity has made people disappear - and not had to answer for it.

Isn't it time these crimes be the stopped ?

Noisy investigation ? :thumbsup:

I really truly did NOT see this coming when I wrote that Shelly post earlier.... WOW.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I didn't know this:

Did you know that a Scientologist played matchmaker to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? Shelly Miscavige, the wife of Scientology chairman David Miscavige reportedly went on a "hunt" to find love for Cruise after his second divorce from Nicole Kidman. The result of Shelly Miscavige's matchmaking? The 2006 wedding of Tom Cruise to Katie Holmes.

So yup, Katie knows who she is. And maybe even what happened. :hysterical:

Of course, if Shelly wasn't dead yet, she may be now that Katie has filed.....

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Someone in the comments section of the Daily Mail asked if Shelly doesn't have family to file a missing persons report. Perhaps her mother's unlikely suicide after pissing off DM will be tomorrows headline. :biggrin:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Business Insider. Everybody's getting in on it! The more the merrier, I say. Gotta love it.

".... The diminutive church boss, who has a notoriously volcanic temper,..."

:goodjob:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Business Insider. Everybody's getting in on it! The more the merrier, I say. Gotta love it.

".... The diminutive church boss, who has a notoriously volcanic temper,..."

:goodjob:

Haha! Yes! I loved the one that said Tom Cruise was not "the smartest thetan in the volcano".

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
This article also discusses Shelly's "disappearance:"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-the-third-person-in-cruise-holmes-marriage/story-fnbk7kwa-1226417787201

"Perhaps the most disturbing accusation is that Miscavige is somehow connected to the "disappearance" of his wife, Shelly, who has reportedly not been seen in public since 2006.

Shelly is believed to have played matchmaker for Cruise and Holmes in 2005. According to Pulitzer-winning writer Lawrence Wright, Shelley's current whereabouts is unknown.

"According to Rinder and Brousseau, in June, 2006, while Miscavige was away from the Gold Base, his wife, Shelly, filled several job vacancies without her husband’s permission. Soon afterward, she disappeared. Her current status is unknown. Tommy Davis told me, 'I definitely know where she is,' but he won’t disclose where that is," Wright wrote in the New Yorker last year.

The activist group Why We Protest has launched high-profile campaign to find her whereabouts.

Some have claimed that she's in hiding while others have said she died from cancer. The most sensational and sinister rumour is that she was sent away to an undisclosed location for behavioural correction."

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
I hate this fashion in news...
Last year noone cares about people sucked in cult! -
Few days ago all of the world is being bombed about it,even here in LRHs Bulgravia...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Good. I hope this results in her being shown in public, preferably in passably good health. It is one step closer to her escaping, should she want to.

Paul

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I am delighted by the subject of Shelley's 'unperson' status is getting widespread coverage. This Cult needs to learn that it can't just vanish people anymore. They should provide proof that she is safe.

After that, they should release everyone in the 'hole' and offer assistance - financial and anything else they might need to recover from the abuse they've suffered.

The same should be done with anyone who is currently or recently trapped in the RPF.

The sooner you do this Miscavige, the better for you.

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
I hate this fashion in news...
Last year noone cares about people sucked in cult! -
Few days ago all of the world is being bombed about it,even here in LRHs Bulgravia...

I look at it like this; better late than never!!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I am delighted by the subject of Shelley's 'unperson' status is getting widespread coverage. This Cult needs to learn that it can't just vanish people anymore. They should provide proof that she is safe.

After that, they should release everyone in the 'hole' and offer assistance - financial and anything else they might need to recover from the abuse they've suffered.

The same should be done with anyone who is currently or recently trapped in the RPF.

The sooner you do this Miscavige, the better for you.

We all look forward to the day they commit crimes with impunity.

They are about to learn their tiny little sci fi cult is not above the law of the land.