What's new

No Memorial Service for Scientology President's Son?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The Village Voice on Alexander Jentzsch's passing.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_alexander_jentzsch.php

No Memorial Service for Scientology President's Son? "So Despicable, It's Almost Beyond Words"

Last night, about 24 hours after our story appeared, we spoke again with Alexander's mother, Karen de la Carriere, by telephone.

She told us she was standing outside the Cedar Hill Mortuary in Los Angeles, but she was not allowed inside to see her son's body.
"My son is behind this wall. I'm touching the wall and he's just on the other side. But I can't see him because the church considers me a suppressive person," she said.

Alexander will be cremated without his mother having a chance to see him, and she won't be given his ashes. And even though Alexander is the son of the Church of Scientology International's president, Karen has been told there will be no memorial for her son.

This IS so despicable, I hope other media picks it up.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
That this should be done to a loving mother is truly heartbreaking. Despicable is the right word. It is cruelty of the highest order.

This thread got me thinking.

What is it really that prompts people to do such a thing?

It isn't just the individuals involved; they will get the same kind of treatment themselves one day.

So what is it?

Minimumly the people involved must have repressed any and all of their humanity.

It isn't just this cult; I'm sure there are others now and in the past whose injustice and inhumanity equals this.

What is this disease that squashes love and compassion?

It is like a computer virus that infiltrates certain minds.

What is it?

The Anabaptist Jacques

Jump

Operating teatime

It isn't just the individuals involved; they will get the same kind of treatment themselves one day.

So what is it?

Minimumly the people involved must have repressed any and all of their humanity.

It isn't just this cult; I'm sure there are others now and in the past whose injustice and inhumanity equals this.

What is it?

The Anabaptist Jacques

KSW

TG1

Angelic Poster
TAJ,

I think the forces at work that produce human cruelty and heartlessness are explored to some extent in the Stanford prison experiment study, which we all know about.

I don't think the phenomenon of human cruelty and heartlessness toward others is very mysterious. It's created through gradients, repetition, rewards and other reinforcements.

Not to sound like Skinnerian, but anything becomes 'normal' when it's done for a while.

Happily, the checks and balances against heartlessness and cruelty are found in humans' instincts to civilize themselves.

In fact, I marvel a lot more at human beings' instincts to be fair and love each other and to become more and more civilized than I do in their Lord of the Flies instincts.

In the main, I think human beings are quite interesting and admirable creatures.

TG1

Smilla

Ordinary Human
One part of the answer is that people in Scientology are completely shut down emotionally. This is deliberate and Hubbard wanted it to be so. In medical terms it's called Dissociation, and is an almost universal outcome of Scientology processing. Feelings are nasty wet things to Scientologists, and get in the way of command intention, so they are not to be allowed or tolerated by any 'good' Scientologist.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
The CoS will not have a service but Karen is arranging one, even if it is without the ashes. It will be interesting to see who shows up. Heber? His loving wife Andrea? His in-laws?

TAJ,

I think the forces at work that produce human cruelty and heartlessness are explored to some extent in the Stanford prison experiment study, which we all know about.

I don't think the phenomenon of human cruelty and heartlessness toward others is very mysterious. It's created through gradients, repetition, rewards and other reinforcements.

Not to sound like Skinnerian, but anything becomes 'normal' when it's done for a while.

Happily, the checks and balances against heartlessness and cruelty are found in humans' instincts to civilize themselves.

In fact, I marvel a lot more at human beings' instincts to be fair and love each other and to become more and more civilized than I do in their Lord of the Flies instincts.

In the main, I think human beings are quite interesting and admirable creatures.

TG1

Me too.

"What a piece of work is a man, How noble in
Reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving
how express and admirable, In action how like an Angel!
in apprehension how like a god, the beauty of the
world, the paragon of animals. "

--Hamlet, Act II scene 2 by William Shakespeare

The Anabaptist Jacques

FoTi

Crusader
And they call themselves a church?

The Church of Scientology is the furthest thing from a church that I've ever seen.

Alexander was given touch assists without any medical attention? The CoS has blood on their hands again.

Tom Cruise says that Scientologists are the only ones that can help? Hey Tom....What kind of help is this? Touch assists failed. Alexander is dead. Do you consider that help?

And Tom....the CoS won't give Alexander a memorial service or even let his own mother see him. What kind of help is that? Is that making a better world? Do you really think this is a church? Wake up dodo head! Take a really good long look at what the CoS is doing to people......and get your fu*king ethics in!!

I think somebody in the CoS wanted Alexander to die. He's no longer a problem to the CoS and it's a painful blow to Karen. Then they don't let her see him after he dies.....another painful blow to Karen. Then no memorial service for him....another painful blow to Karen. Also serves to cause Heber some more pain in his life, if he knows anything about this, or when he finds out, if he ever does. The CoS is a very evil organization....reminds me of a big spider that catches pray in it's web and then proceeds to slowly devour each one it catches and traps.

The Church of Scientology is all about pain and suffering....not about freeing mankind or making the world a better place. :angry:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

So what is it?

What is it?

The Anabaptist Jacques

They TRULY believe they are protecting something they love from evil i.e. SPs. Black & White thinking instilled by KSW and LRH paranoia. Brainwashed cultic behavior. In their little world, Scientology is the only entity that can be loved. All else is expendable.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
They TRULY believe they are protecting something they love from evil i.e. SPs. Black & White thinking instilled by KSW and LRH paranoia. Brainwashed cultic behavior. In their little world, Scientology is the only entity that can be loved. All else is expendable.

Of course they believe that but it is still not an excuse.

Even when I was a scienotlogist, I never crossed a line. I always had compassion although I did believe we were better than wogs. Not prouf of that one :redface:

But my best friend (who is not a scientologist) had become sick and was on psych meds and I never stopped talking to her or being friend with her.I never believed in disconnection. I was too 'open minded' for them. :biggrin:

The level of inhumanity $cientology has attained is mind blowing. They just will implode. Some will never see the real truth but I believe many will wake up.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Struck me that this is the sort of thing Katie is deperately trying to protect her daughter from. How many people keep friends by routinely blacklisting them? I can think of none, thus LRH dying alone in the desert. And why does $cn still get away with this? Conspiracy theorists, I think the cult is knee deep in with our sick federal government, and probably routinely pays off local and state governments also. After all every thing they do is ILLEGAL. Yet they get away with it. Oh, I forgot, illegal is no longer illegal in the USA. Ask any foreign person in country without permission.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course they believe that but it is still not an excuse.

Hope you didn't think I was trying to excuse the behavior, just trying to show the mechanics. It is not excusable; it's similar to Hitler's behavior in targeting an entire populace for extinction, thinking it would improve Germany.

Now you see extremist Scientologists wanting to get rid of anyone labeled "SP" thinking that will improve their little perfect Scientology world. This is where "fighting evil" crosses over into becoming evil. Feeble minds latch onto that type of thinking. Slap the "SP" label on someone, makes it OK to destroy them.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
Hope you didn't think I was trying to excuse the behavior, just trying to show the mechanics. It is not excusable; it's similar to Hitler's behavior in targeting an entire populace for extinction, thinking it would improve Germany.

Now you see extremist Scientologists wanting to get rid of anyone labeled "SP" thinking that will improve their little perfect Scientology world. This is where "fighting evil" crosses over into becoming evil. Feeble minds latch onto that type of thinking. Slap the "SP" label on someone, makes it OK to destroy them.

No, no. Sorry. It came out in a way that seemed I tought you were defending them.

I was just expressing in my way what you said. Just came out wrong.

I see it the same way as u do. :coolwink:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
The fact the article mentions the culties told the authorities that Alex had a "history of excessive self medication" is key. I have a feeling we will find cult applied heavy psychological pressure to push him towards self- destruction. No SO member would be taking excessive medication, or any drugs for that matter, unless other things were afoot.

The fact Karen reports Alex was having a crisis of faith and was possibly on the verge of leaving the cult is the other vital piece of info. No doubt the cult wanted to ensure his silence and compliance no matter what.

FoTi

Crusader
Struck me that this is the sort of thing Katie is deperately trying to protect her daughter from. How many people keep friends by routinely blacklisting them? I can think of none, thus LRH dying alone in the desert. And why does $cn still get away with this? Conspiracy theorists, I think the cult is knee deep in with our sick federal government, and probably routinely pays off local and state governments also. After all every thing they do is ILLEGAL. Yet they get away with it. Oh, I forgot, illegal is no longer illegal in the USA. Ask any foreign person in country without permission.

I think so too.

FoTi

Crusader
The fact the article mentions the culties told the authorities that Alex had a "history of excessive self medication" is key. I have a feeling we will find cult applied heavy psychological pressure to push him towards self- destruction. No SO member would be taking excessive medication, or any drugs for that matter, unless other things were afoot.

The fact Karen reports Alex was having a crisis of faith and was possibly on the verge of leaving the cult is the other vital piece of info. No doubt the cult wanted to ensure his silence and compliance no matter what.

Yep...yep....I see it that way too. :yes:

Purple Rain

Crusader
The CoS will not have a service but Karen is arranging one, even if it is without the ashes. It will be interesting to see who shows up. Heber? His loving wife Andrea? His in-laws?

It's all I can do not to insult the hell out of loving-wife-Andrea and her cadaverous parents. Zombies. No heart. No brain. No conscience. No life. I wonder how many tens of thousands of dollars you have to pay to get to be like her. So worth it. Imagine a whole planet like that. Imagine a "cleared planet". Imagine a Scientology world.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
So the Sininster Scam Cult of Scientology will cremate Alexanders body? - While denying his mother to see him?

Hmm.. Just how many examples of Scientology covering up and hiding truth as well as crimes does it take for authorities to learn? - Remember Lisa McPherson? - Operation SnowWhite? - Miss Bloodybutt?

Scientology behaves like they're hiding something. Like they're getting rid of forensic evidence in this case, eh?

Listen! - The POLICE needs to stop this cremation! - Until, it's figured out just what Scientology is covering up!

:duh:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
It's all I can do not to insult the hell out of loving-wife-Andrea and her cadaverous parents. Zombies. No heart. No brain. No conscience. No life. I wonder how many tens of thousands of dollars you have to pay to get to be like her. So worth it. Imagine a whole planet like that. Imagine a "cleared planet". Imagine a Scientology world.

No kidding! *shudderz* (insert 1984/Godwin here________ )