What's new

The 'Chaplain' at St Hill.

another

Patron
Hi Everyone

I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to understand exactly who is the 'Chaplain' at St Hill, how long they've had the post and exactly what their job entails (in non-scientology terms).

Any information would be of great use to me.

Thank you.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I don't know who the specific 'Chaplain" is at SH these days... but the position/post is a public relations one and (from memory) is within division 6 (the division responsible for pulling new people into the org).

The person wearing the hat would 'handle' public (usually via a Chaplians court) to ensure the use of the 'tek' (scientology 'technology') to resolve any issues or disagreements (and to prevent any outside influence).

The reges (sales staff) are of course always on hand to sign people up for more services when they are 'handled' (and will almost certainly be required).

Its just a PR position IMHO and based fully on hubbard policies.

:yes:

another

Patron
That's all great - thank you for your help.

Just wondering - How much information would a Scientologist 'Chaplain' have on individual scientologists - staff or public - if they were scientologists for a very long time?

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Just wondering - How much information would a Scientologist 'Chaplain' have on individual scientologists - staff or public - if they were scientologists for a very long time?

Probably very little or none, unless by chance they happen to know the person.

TG1

Angelic Poster

In my past experience as a public Scientologist, the chaplains have access to much information and gain additional information about the church's parishioners during "chaplain's cycles." These are church-sanctioned settlement negotiations between Scientologists to address matters like divorces, financial disagreements, and other disputes. During these negotiations, the chaplain is free to ask any questions s/he wishes to help resolve the dispute.

The negotiations take the form of conversations. They aren't "auditing" and don't involve the use of an e-meter.

A Case Supervisor (C/S) may also order a person who's receiving auditing into a chaplain's cycle if the person is distracted from his or her auditing by a problem that might be resolved through such negotiations.

At least, that was my understanding of and experience with chaplain's cycles in the 1980s. Those with more recent experience may see them differently.

TG1

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't know who the specific 'Chaplain" is at SH these days... but the position/post is a public relations one and (from memory) is within division 6 (the division responsible for pulling new people into the org).

The person wearing the hat would 'handle' public (usually via a Chaplians court) to ensure the use of the 'tek' (scientology 'technology') to resolve any issues or disagreements (and to prevent any outside influence).

The reges (sales staff) are of course always on hand to sign people up for more services when they are 'handled' (and will almost certainly be required).

Its just a PR position IMHO and based fully on hubbard policies.

The "chaplain" is a post where they specialize in "not ising" WHAT IS - the TRUTH.

The only thing they want to deal with is forcing you to IGNORE and JUSTIFY the glaring criminal behavior of this Organization and having the SAME COG they have been forced to have. "If we extorted money out of you, bribed you, caused you pain and suffering or caused a death - it is your fault and we were doing it in the best interest of all 8"!

Now, shut the fuck up and give me your credit card so we can get some more money out of you, cause you more grief, not-is that because we really don't help - we just pretend and that my friend - THAT IS SCIENTOLOGY"!

CHAPLAIN = IS NOT PR for public - they are the guy that SELLS EXCUSES FOR THE CRIMES COMMITTED in Scientology!

The smaller Morgues have NO CHAPLAINS. They used to have 14 year olds "counseling" people - with so much life experience and understanding - they did not do much to help anyone so they have eliminated this POST and replaced it with a FUNDRAISER for the IDLE MORGUE or IAS - much more profitable!!

johnAnchovie

Still raging

The purpose of Ethics, forgive me if I paraphrase:

"Is to remove counter intention from the environment'.

I believe that currently the post in The Advanced Org Saint Hill is held by Peter Morgan. The post is in AOSH UK, and the Chaplin works very closely with registrars, OSA reps, and the 'tech delivery' team.

No personal and private information on a public Scientologist is confidential in the cult . If a prospect has had homosexual relations, it is very rapidly known by anyone with even a remote stake in the prospects behaviour past and present: the sales people - (registrar), the legal and enforcement people (OSA) the external church ethics authority - a range of posts with Senior HCO - All the tech department and innumerable other minor and major functionaries.

When I worked with a sales division (registration), public 'handlings' were carefully worked out with all departments when a large sale, say of the £25,000 Briefing Course or £35,000 OT III package. If the prospect expressed doubt, he was sent to the Chaplin. His folders were scrutinized for 'ethics situations' that could be used to leverage his compliance in doing the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics and talking out that re-mortgage or re-financing and buy the next big step on the Bridge.

I hope this information provides you some comfort.

Last edited:

another

Patron
The purpose of Ethics, forgive me if I paraphrase:

"Is to remove counter intention from the environment'.

I believe that currently the post in The Advanced Org Saint Hill is held by Peter Morgan. The post is in AOSH UK, and the Chaplin works very closely with registrars, OSA reps, and the 'tech delivery' team.

No personal and private information on a public Scientologist is confidential in the cult . If a prospect has had homosexual relations, it is very rapidly known by anyone with even a remote stake in the prospects behaviour past and present: the sales people - (registrar), the legal and enforcement people (OSA) the external church ethics authority - a range of posts with Senior HCO - All the tech department and innumerable other minor and major functionaries.

When I worked with a sales division (registration), public 'handlings' were carefully worked out with all departments when a large sale, say of the £25,000 Briefing Course or £35,000 OT III package. If the prospect expressed doubt, he was sent to the Chaplin. His folders were scrutinized for 'ethics situations' that could be used to leverage his compliance in doing the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics and talking out that re-mortgage or re-financing and buy the next big step on the Bridge.

I hope this information provides you some comfort.

So if it is Peter Morgan, does anyone know how long he has been scientology 'chaplain' at St Hill?

johnAnchovie

Still raging
So if it is Peter Morgan, does anyone know how long he has been scientology 'chaplain' at St Hill?

In 2006 it was Len Regines doing the post. I can only offer a time frame thanks to one who had dealings with Morgan as Chaplin in 2009. So he has not been there on that post for more than five or six years. Morgan however has been in the SO at Saint Hill on sales posts, PR posts and technical posts since somewhere in the mid 1970s as far as I know. He has a fair old store of intimate knowledge of the few public scientologists that remain under his belt.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Emphasis mine

The "chaplain" is a post where they specialize in "not ising" WHAT IS - the TRUTH.

The only thing they want to deal with is forcing you to IGNORE and JUSTIFY the glaring criminal behavior of this Organization and having the SAME COG they have been forced to have. "If we extorted money out of you, bribed you, caused you pain and suffering or caused a death - it is your fault and we were doing it in the best interest of all 8"!

Now, shut the fuck up and give me your credit card so we can get some more money out of you, cause you more grief, not-is that because we really don't help - we just pretend and that my friend - THAT IS SCIENTOLOGY"!

CHAPLAIN = IS NOT PR for public - they are the guy that SELLS EXCUSES FOR THE CRIMES COMMITTED in Scientology!

Well, in the cult that is at least in part, what PR is used for (hello Tommy Davis).

I didn't word it well though, I meant they are there to keep the 'good PR' in with the outside world/public (by handling within and not allowing outsiders like lawyers to get involved in any potential situations).

If Peter Morgan is the Chaplain I find that quite 'funny' as he was once one of the top registrars (sales people) around, which kind of says it all.

another

Patron
In 2006 it was Len Regines doing the post. I can only offer a time frame thanks to one who had dealings with Morgan as Chaplin in 2009. So he has not been there on that post for more than five or six years. Morgan however has been in the SO at Saint Hill on sales posts, PR posts and technical posts since somewhere in the mid 1970s as far as I know. He has a fair old store of intimate knowledge of the few public scientologists that remain under his belt.

Sorry - Muggle or Squib translation needed please- What is a 'technical post'?

Div6

Crusader
Sorry - Muggle or Squib translation needed please- What is a 'technical post'?

A "Technical Post" is a job in Divs 4 or 5 in an Organization. Auditors, Case Supervisors, Course Supervisors, Word Clearers, Review Auditors, Examiners, etc. They all have studied "the technology" (Red on White) and are daily engaged in delivering it to Students, Pre-Clears and Pre-OT's. The other Divisions of the Org (Executive, Dissemination, Treasury and the Public Divisions) are considered "Admin Posts".

smartone

My Own Boss
Hello Another, I'm sorry but I don't know who the Chaplain is at Saint Hill at the moment.

You could call Saint Hill and ask reception and find out that way.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
During a cycle of getting a refund of unused funds at Saint Hill I was rung by Peter Morgan in his capacity as Chaplain. This was about 2010, from memory. Might have been 2011.

He knew me from my time there late 70s-early 80s. It was all fair weather stuff. He said he would intervene on my behalf and would get back to me, but I never heard from him again. I was trying to get my money back via letters, emails etc with the LRH Comm, Biggi Dyer, and I had the feeling he may have been told to butt out.

Peter told me he'd hqd a trip to Australia to visit his son (or sons). He seemed sad about his lack of contact with them.

I asked after Trish, his young second (or ?third) wife), knowing full well she'd blown, probably with another 2 kids of his. That enquiry was shut down quick smart.

I was stunned that Peter was still there — after all this time and all the shit that has gone down and which he must have suffered under. This is true of quite a few others who I knew way back during my time at Saint Hill. It pains me to think of them and their wasted lives.

another

Patron

Would he have 'audited' people a lot in the past? Is that the main and most direct way peoples' personal information is extracted from them in Scientology?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I remember Peter Morgan very well. Peter and Hazel Grafton WERE the Reg Office for much of the 70s and into the 80s. I left SH in 1986. I left the SO in 1996 (in LA).

In 2002 I visited SH one day on a visit to the UK from LA. I saw Peter, who (I heard) had been on the RPF for years, and graduated. He wasn't the same Peter at all. He looked kinda broken, compared to how he had been.

But he would know the field very, very well. And could get access to anything he needed to find out, especially if there was the prospect of fresh org income attached to it.

Paul