What's new

Chick Corea, Heber Jentzsch, Ingo Swann, and Scientology's 1977 OT Summit!

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Veda

Sponsor
"Scientology has been rocked by so much bad news lately, with all of the divorces and disappearances and defections and schisms and death investigations and torture programs and unnatural relationships and forced abortions and space opera and weird kids and weirder movies, we thought it might be time to take a moment and remember Scientology when it was still on top of the world -- January, 1977!"

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...y_chick_corea_heber_jentzsch_ot_symposium.php

This is embarrassing to read, and important to read, as a reminder of how culty Scientology was in 1976 - and I'm pretty sure this OT summit happened in 1976, not 1977.

"It's amazing but almost any policy letter, technical bulletin or book will give me what I need, which is not necessarily the actual concept that I'm needing but that viewpoint again. LRH's viewpoint."

2ns9wte.jpg

13yi3no.jpg

advance0026000.jpg

1410fb295e9fde1c29cf8fa1210f672c6b851759672ffe3eaff4b39e17a1e0776g.jpg

I can be addressed
But in our temples best
Address me and you address
Lord Buddha.
Address Lord Buddha
And you then address
Metteyya.

L. Ron Hubbard, from 'Hymn of Asia'

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The results of clear and oatee?

Heber Jentsch - in a prison held against his will - Scientology will make sure you will not be at cause! You will always be at effect of the CULT!:omg:
Chick Corea - where is he? In / Out - Dead or alive?
Yvonne Jentsch - ? Is she in/out or dead /alive?

Please post the results of these people and everyone on the list if you know - because if Scientology really worked - they would be around - happy, healthy and at cause! Looks like it is the opposite effect! :omg:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Heber Jentsch - in a prison held against his will - Scientology will make sure you will not be at cause! You will always be at effect of the CULT!:omg:

Please post the results of these people and everyone on the list if you know - because if Scientology really worked - they would be around - happy, healthy and at cause! Looks like it is the opposite effect! :omg:

Ingo Swann has been out and silent on the subject for a very long time.

Chick Corea is still in but keeps a low profile.

Don't know anything about the others.

Div6

Crusader
Chick sold his Mad Hatter Studios to the CoS due to its location near PAC.
As a matter of fact the link to the web site www.mad-hatter-studios.com goes directly to a CoS net-block. Supposedly, he got "a really good deal", in that the CoS overpaid him (and he knew it). His silence was thereby "bought".

Stanly Clarke was Declared back in the early 80's. I was surprised at their re-union tour, so it appears that Chick has some latitude in that respect.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chick sold his Mad Hatter Studios to the CoS due to its location near PAC.
As a matter of fact the link to the web site www.mad-hatter-studios.com goes directly to a CoS net-block. Supposedly, he got "a really good deal", in that the CoS overpaid him (and he knew it). His silence was thereby "bought".

Stanly Clarke was Declared back in the early 80's. I was surprised at their re-union tour, so it appears that Chick has some latitude in that respect.

I bet Chick did not sell it to the cult - he probably donated it! Mad as a Hatter studio sends e-mails out to the active cult members enticing them to "join the Sea Morgue" and eludes to the possibility that one could work for "Mad as a HATTER Studios".

I think it is strange that a "Church" has a production studio that my donations went to - and I drew that conclusion when I was "IN".

Now that I am out - I think it is really really stupid! I am glad I am out and free!!!

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I remember Ingo when he was in town (Mpls.) for a couple of weeks back in 1972 when I was volunteering on staff. I held reception quite a bit and he used to like to hang out in the reception/bookstore area quite a bit and shoot the bull with me. As I used to get in trouble for talking "out gradient" type stuff with people that got body routed in to the org, and running some off, I was always anxious to talk about OT type stuff. So Ingo used to like to pick my brain as a young hyper enthusiast of all things OT as that happened to be his interest too. I always thought he was a super cool guy. I think he was a power release at the time I seem to remember, and had plans to go to LA to do his upper levels soon. Never ran across the guy again though.

Div6

Crusader
Why would he sell? Was it out of date and he wanted to dump it?

This is my feel for one of the reasons.

Why would he need to be bought?

In the 70's and 80's Chick was probably THE GUY that got a lot of young, intelligent people interested and "in" to Scientology. Early Return to Forever featured such songs as "Hymn to the 7th Galaxy", and "Where Have I Known You Before"? LRH was credited on their albums, and in the earliest editions of Keyboard Magazine he was a guest columnist and would introduce Scn concepts in that space. He also headlined concerts in Germany promoting Scn, etc. For hi to be disaffected, or offlines, or even "declared" would not be a good thing for the cult. So it's live and let live, but the silence coming from him speaks volumes...

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is an excerpt:

HEBER: We're starting from the viewpoint of how OTs can apply their abilities and the tech to help Ron achieve the Aims of Scientology. So taking the concept of OT and looking at the Aims of Scientology and how we achieve them as OTs, let me read to you the first paragraph of the Aims and then I'll start into the questions:
[Boring stuff redacted.]​
So with that in mind, when looking at clearing the planet, let me open the first questions. How has becoming OT improved your ability to assist getting this planet cleared faster? That's open for discussion. Anybody want to start?

CHICK: A very simple thing happened to me right in the very beginning which I'm sure has happened to lots of people who've used LRH's tech. I regained an ability to communicate with people. I discovered another thetan in front of me and I could recognize the fact that he was a person and had a viewpoint and I learned how to get what I wanted to say across. But even better than that, through the use of auditing technology for myself, there were enough of my own barriers that I had broken through so that I would actually be interested in this person too, so that I would be able to receive a communication that he has. This definitely began a whole new world which I still kind of feel young in.

He's not talking now~ OATEE

INGO: I think that the great motion of my life started after OT III. Suddenly there I was all by myself with myself. There's lots of other beings around but I had finally isolated me from everything else going on. And here I was. (Group laughs.) It was really a shock. (More laughter.) I had assumed a new level of cause...So after this great shock of finding myself after OT III this is how I ended up (everyone laughs). From being some sort of an individual who was sort of caved in and thinking that the universe and the world was somewhat greater than I was to actually going in and in a very short time tackling what I feel is a basic suppression on the planet Earth: that Man is not allowed to think of himself as a cause-oriented being.

Suddenly he was there all by himself - and now he is again - by himself. Finding himself? This is really so stupid to read now that I see the scam of the OATEE levels.:duh:

Now...Hows about a Oatee Symposium 2012?

Here is how it goes - feel free to chime in!

When looking at clearing the planet, let me open the first questions. How has becoming OT improved your ability to assist getting this planet cleared faster? That's open for discussion. Anybody want to start?

Heber:
Chick:
Bonnie:
Yvonne:

Anyone there? Hello .... anyone there to comment? Hello? Heber? Chick? Bonnie? Yvonne? Okay - cut - do we have anyone that went oatee 30 plus years ago - and is here today that is willing to talk? Alive, solvent, flourishing and prospering?

NOPE!! Not one oatee around - not one!!

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
It's interesting that, in 1978, in the wake of the July 1977 FBI raids on Scientology, Chick Corea put out an album titled Secret Agent:

SecretAgent.jpg

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It's interesting that, in 1978, in the wake of the July 1977 FBI raids on Scientology, Chick Corea put out an album titled Secret Agent:

SecretAgent.jpg

Lol!

Chick Corea has always been a disappointment to me musically. His technique is superb, but I find his playing ice-cold and sterile sounding, like it's all technique, and no feeling.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I found this bit interesting:

Then in 1971 after Ingo completed Section III OT, he began demonstrating his regained OT abilities under strict scientific conditions with trained scientists.

This included changing the state of objects at a distance without physical means. In 1975, among hundreds of other experiments, he did "out-of-the-body" explorations of Mercury and Jupiter, astounding the scientific community with the remarkable accuracy of his descriptions of those planets later verified by unmanned rocket flights. Numerous articles and mentions of Ingo and his advanced abilities have appeared in newspapers and magazines, including "Time," "The Smithsonian," and "Psychic." He is Clear 2331, full OT VII, Class VI Auditor.

Is it true that this research was done? If so, does anyone know where the findings were published? I would love to read them.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Lol!

Chick Corea has always been a disappointment to me musically. His technique is superb, but I find his playing ice-cold and sterile sounding, like it's all technique, and no feeling.

Amen sister! I remember how it was considered cool to be into Chick Corea, like diarhea, back in the late 70"s when I was an active Scilon. I just couldn't fake it at all! His "music" was so cold and calculating like it was spit out of a machine. It just had no soul to it at all. Then all of a sudden Stanley Clark was a big deal too, I found him better than Corea, but still no big deal. I remember when my friend Paul, now in a mental institution, got back from Flag and told me that he used to see Stanley sneak on down to Dianna Hubbards room late at night, I felt so sorry for Stanley. I just can't imagine getting with a woman with LRH's face, it would have turned me celibate.

Veda

Sponsor
From what I've picked up here and there, it does seem that Swann has been able to do some very unusual things. What part Scientology might have played in that is unknown to me.

There's a comment, in the Village Voice piece, by the person who was then (1977) the editor of Advance! magazine, and he expresses regret at having featured Ingo Swann so prominently while tying Ingo and his psychic abilities so heavily to the OT levels, and expresses chagrin that he was partially responsible for people, even to this day, attributing psychic powers to doing Scientology's OT levels.

Here, of course, Ingo, himself, praises OT 3, as they all do, directly or indirectly, as part of the over-all LRH and Scientology love-fest.

After leaving Scientology, Ingo went cool on praising the OT levels, apparently was somewhat embarrassed by it, even though, as I recall, he became involved, for a time, with Harry Palmer's spin-off cult, called 'Avatar', and praised that also.

Oy.

However, from what I can see, Ingo doesn't like mentioning Scientology anymore, and - at some conference, which I saw on YouTube - bristled at the suggestion that his "powers" are attributable to Scientology.

Alas, the Scientlogists will always believe that whatever "powers" Ingo has, or had, must have come from its OT levels.

I only met Ingo Swann once, at a conference on Psychic Phenomena held by the Mensa Society in New York City around January 1973. I listened to Ingo give his talk, and then talked with him for a while afterwards, once the talk and the question and answer period was over.

During the question and answer period, someone asked him if he was a Scientologist and Ingo very reluctantly, and with visible displeasure, answered "Yes."

Then, it was obvious that it embarrassed him slightly.

Yet, a couple of years after that, here's Ingo praising LRH, Scientology, the OT levels, etc. How sincere he was at that time is any one's guess.

Now I think he's embarrassed by it again.

As a footnote, for the benefit of any nascent Scientologists, IIRC, Ingo Swann has said that he was psychic since the age if 5. Swann explored many systems, including the Monroe Institute.