What's new

Tom Cruise used as a profile for domestic violence at NSW Police conference

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
http://illawarra.yourguide.com.au/news/local/general/psychologist-attacks-tom-cruise/1181174.html

Hollywood actor Tom Cruise was used as a profile for domestic violence at a NSW Police conference in Wollongong yesterday.

Internationally renowned social psychologist and author Dr Dina McMillan said Cruise demonstrated an "absolute exceptional case" of controlling behaviour which he was using on third wife Katie Holmes.

"His behaviour towards Katie Holmes, how they got together, everything has all the indicators of an abusive relationship," she told the Mercury.

Dr McMillan was a key speaker at the NSW Police Force Domestic Violence Liaison Officers conference, launched by NSW Police Minister David Campbell at the City Beach Function Centre and attended by Assistant Police Commissioner Reg Mahoney and 105 domestic violence officers from throughout the state.

Advocating "A Bold New Approach" in educating the community to end domestic violence, Dr McMillan, 48, the author of But He Says He Loves Me - How To Avoid Being Trapped in a Manipulative Relationship, warned her approach would be confronting.

She said the patterns of domestically violent behaviour, and this included physical, sexual, psychological, social, economic and emotional abuse, were evident at the beginning of a relationship.

Dr McMillan said: "99.9 per cent of the 2400 victims I have interviewed said their relationship was perfect at first, and then he changed.

"It's not true. Most of the abuse was a result of verbal battery and manipulation, not physical assault, and that starts at the earlier stages of courtship."

The Californian said grooming behaviours were used to condition the victim, together with "destructive behaviour", which she likened to the relationship of Cruise and Holmes.

"This (behaviour involves) anything designed to make her like him. This is designed to make her trust him. This is designed to boost her ego. This is 'I've never felt like this before, Oprah'," she said, referring to Cruise's infamous couch-jumping episode when he declared his love for Holmes on the Oprah Winfrey show in 2005.

"Someone told me yesterday they're calling it 'Cruise control'. He is an exceptional case of control.

"He had been dating Katie Holmes for two months when he was on Oprah Winfrey. It made my ears perk up and gave me goosebumps. I knew Katie was in trouble.

"It's always designed with destructive behaviour, it's always designed with little snips, snaps, criticisms and instructions to destroy her confidence and her independence and weaken her will ..."

"People think, 'You have to be really dumb to get into one of these relationships', and I won't lie to you, Katie seems like a perfectly intelligent young woman."

Dr McMillan said part of Cruise's behaviour could be attributed to his membership of the Church of Scientology.

"It's a cult. It's all stuff and nonsense," she said.

Poofy

Patron with Honors
I can just see the ravenous attention this is going to get because of a psychologist being involved. Yowtch.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Let's get it dugg!
The psychologist probably has no idea the attention this could generate....

Could someone post this on OCMB and elsewhere? Thanks.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://illawarra.yourguide.com.au/news/local/general/psychologist-attacks-tom-cruise/1181174.html

Hollywood actor Tom Cruise was used as a profile for domestic violence at a NSW Police conference in Wollongong yesterday.

Internationally renowned social psychologist and author Dr Dina McMillan said Cruise demonstrated an "absolute exceptional case" of controlling behaviour which he was using on third wife Katie Holmes.

"His behaviour towards Katie Holmes, how they got together, everything has all the indicators of an abusive relationship," she told the Mercury.

Dr McMillan was a key speaker at the NSW Police Force Domestic Violence Liaison Officers conference, launched by NSW Police Minister David Campbell at the City Beach Function Centre and attended by Assistant Police Commissioner Reg Mahoney and 105 domestic violence officers from throughout the state.

Advocating "A Bold New Approach" in educating the community to end domestic violence, Dr McMillan, 48, the author of But He Says He Loves Me - How To Avoid Being Trapped in a Manipulative Relationship, warned her approach would be confronting.

She said the patterns of domestically violent behaviour, and this included physical, sexual, psychological, social, economic and emotional abuse, were evident at the beginning of a relationship.

Dr McMillan said: "99.9 per cent of the 2400 victims I have interviewed said their relationship was perfect at first, and then he changed.

"It's not true. Most of the abuse was a result of verbal battery and manipulation, not physical assault, and that starts at the earlier stages of courtship."

The Californian said grooming behaviours were used to condition the victim, together with "destructive behaviour", which she likened to the relationship of Cruise and Holmes.

"This (behaviour involves) anything designed to make her like him. This is designed to make her trust him. This is designed to boost her ego. This is 'I've never felt like this before, Oprah'," she said, referring to Cruise's infamous couch-jumping episode when he declared his love for Holmes on the Oprah Winfrey show in 2005.

"Someone told me yesterday they're calling it 'Cruise control'. He is an exceptional case of control.

"He had been dating Katie Holmes for two months when he was on Oprah Winfrey. It made my ears perk up and gave me goosebumps. I knew Katie was in trouble.

"It's always designed with destructive behaviour, it's always designed with little snips, snaps, criticisms and instructions to destroy her confidence and her independence and weaken her will ..."

"People think, 'You have to be really dumb to get into one of these relationships', and I won't lie to you, Katie seems like a perfectly intelligent young woman."

Dr McMillan said part of Cruise's behaviour could be attributed to his membership of the Church of Scientology.

"It's a cult. It's all stuff and nonsense," she said.

I am sorry but this is injustice.

She has declared him guilty of spousal abuse with no evidence.

I hope he files a law suit on her ass.

T.O.

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
That article is a shining example of how someone can talk about things they know nothing about as well as relying on the "answer hunger" phenomena of the media mind controlled slaves who read it.

Muhammad

Patron
Tom Cruise

I think as long as TC remains in the church it makes him big asshole. But give the quy a brake.Let's no get into A=A think.

As sala'amu alaikum

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
That article is a shining example of how someone can talk about things they know nothing about as well as relying on the "answer hunger" phenomena of the media mind controlled slaves who read it.
Oink! - You're outdoing Cof$ at their own PR game! :D

Dr Dina McMillan seems to know 'something' though... Hmm.. And I actually think that Psychology is 'knowledge' about the human mind.. As much as scientology is anyway. Even I can observe that Cruise is a control freak, and that he IS controlling Katie.

However.. I don't think that Cruise is physically violent.. What he, and the scam cult, does to Katie is spiritual violence.

:yes:

"It's all stuff and nonsense." Wtf does that even mean? Anyway, ya this is pretty pathetic. I doubt this chick, however "expert", would presume to know anything about any other couple whom she had never personally seen or spoken two words to. But when it's the tabloid flavor of the month, sweet commence to pile on, meaningless drivel be damned. Whatever your opinions of Scientology, you've gotta feel a little bad for Tom and Katie in this neverending
sea of speculative media manure. Seriously people, it's not that interesting, could I please divert your attention to one of the myriad pressing issues in our current world:climate change, international labor abuses, the de facto enslavement of women in Saudi Arabia, how "Zodiac" got hosed at the Oscars etc? I know that this is not an original point, and I am not a snob, but it's so goddam vacuous and lame sometimes that I just can't bear it.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
I for one don't think Katie had the first clue as to what she was getting herself into when she began that relationship.

Based on my own observations I cannot help but feel sorry for the gal. :melodramatic:

One definition of "stuff" is:
senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff"

Google >>> define:stuff <<<

Paul

Lol, ty Dulloldfart the entire article is illuminated and makes complete sense to me now! Had never seen that phrase before, "stuff and nonsense". Now it makes sense but is simply redundant :D.