What's new

Australians in Scientology

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
When I was reading a post by Rene Descartes the other day I burst out laughing remembering a guy I regged at Sydney Day years ago. He said his name was Soren Kierkegaard. Innocent that I was, I said oh, like the famous philosopher. I think this Soren was a bit taken aback but he said yes, he had the same name. At the time I thought this was a wonderful coincidence. Now I know he was using a pseudonym that most of the org (including me) was too stupid to see through.

Anyone know what happened to "Soren Kierkegaard"? He did a Comm Course and some auditing, I believe.

Yes, Soren Kierkegaard was a real person although I never met him. His wife, Sue, audited me on several occasions and I thought she was a wonderful person. I know not whether Sue and Soren are still a couple.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Amazing. His name is really Soren Kierkegaard? Hard to believe. But I suppose it would be hard to maintain a pseudonym for all those years. Anyway, if you're reading this, Soren, sorry for getting you in!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
His original name was something else then someone told him he looked like the famous philosopher and he eventually changed his name to that.

Then later in session he "discovered" he had been Kierkegaard.

Nice fella and his missus was a great person too. Both originally Kiwis who made their way over the ditch and unfortunately fell into the bigger ditch called $ilontology.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Roger, you clearly never worked for Phyll Stevens! I did, and frankly I'd rather stand on my head in a bucket of shit than do that again. I had more or less the same experiences as Mystery Sanger did. And just the other day I was talking to an ex who is now a highly successful businessman who told me Phyll had said to him that he would NEVER be successful. IMO Phyll was vindictive, arrogant, defensive, very impressed with herself and basically a ball-buster. She had very limited real world experience. She was the sort of "data series evaluator" who came up with a who and a why and then proceeded to write an eval backwards from there. The time I spent working under her (and I use that term advisedly, I still have the boot imprint on my cheek) was sheer bloody hell. I got regularly punished for things I did as well as things I couldn't possibly have done. And yes, it was after her returned from Flag. I suspect she got demoted to ANZO after Flag, though we would never have known it then. And boy she sure made a lot of innocent people pay for that.

Sounds like Cheryl Wickens. Maybe Cheryl learned her "craft" from Phyll.

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
Sydney faces circa 1973 ....and me, coming out

Dug up some old photos of some friends from back in Sydney.
Back row Left to right: William Holman with Vivienne Deyes (Later Vivienne Lowe),Margaret Tidy, Noel O'Donnell, Sue O'Donnell, Andy Milne, Irenie Sanderson, Peter Zimmatore, (can't remember), Cyril Holman, (Cyril's wife), Alan Wright and child.

Front Row Left to Right: Ian Lazenby, Natasha Cramey, John Brownlee (me), Erin Wright (nee O'Donnell then later Milne) and child

Attachments

• new scan980.jpg
    new scan980.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
Sydney faces circa 1973

Back row left to right: Julie Cramey, Sue Easley (later Cartwright), Joan Broughton (later Duffy), (unknown friend of Kevin and Linnah McPherrin), (forgotten his name).

Middle row: Me(John Brownlee), John Forrest, Lynn Hyman (later Greenslade).

Front Row: Paul Hart (the golfer), Joan Brownlee (my sister-later Treasure), (friend of Kevin's), Kevin McPherrin (holding Moksha), Linnah McPherrin.

Attachments

• new scan915.jpg
    new scan915.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 43

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
the Zimmatore Brothers

Photo on left: Peter Zimmatore, Vivienne Deyes (later Lowe), John Brownlee, (?), Mike Zimmatore
Photo on right: Peter Z, me, Mike Z

Attachments

• new scan972.jpg
    new scan972.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53
  • new scan969.jpg
    new scan969.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 54

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Are there any Aussies or Kiwis ...

who would be kind and gentle to

A NEW NEW veteran Aussie of 35 years...just leaving the Cult ?

Even though he will be an Indie ?

Anyone willing to write him an Email of congratulations and support ? Willing to invite him to post here ?

It is HUGE life changing step for him.....
support needed.

Let me know, and I will post the info...

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
Phyll Stevens, Jan Hill

Left to Right: Sue O'Donnell(I think), me, Jan Hill (nee Maunder, later Mullane), Phyll Stevens, Andy Milne (in back)

Attachments

• new scan943.jpg
    new scan943.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 60

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
The O'Donnell Family

Noel and Sue O'Donnell and sons (Stephen and....?), Andy Milne, Fiona Milne

Attachments

• new scan942.jpg
    new scan942.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 51

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Are there any Aussies or Kiwis ...

who would be kind and gentle to

A NEW NEW veteran Aussie of 35 years...just leaving the Cult ?

Even though he will be an Indie ?

Anyone willing to write him an Email of congratulations and support ? Willing to invite him to post here ?

It is HUGE life changing step for him.....
support needed.

Let me know, and I will post the info...

Count me in Karen. :)

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
Sydney Faces Circa 1973

Left to Right: Natasha Cramey, Vivienne Deyes (later Lowe), Linnah McPherrin, Noel O'Donnell, Kevin McPherrin, Sue O'Donnell, Andy Milne

Attachments

• new scan971.jpg
    new scan971.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 53

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
Re: The O'Donnell Family

No, not that early. All are from the 70's. Earliest are about 1973 I think and latest about 1977 or '78.

Thanks for the photos Mr Sandwich. What years are the photos? About the only one I recognise is Phyll Stevens, so it must be before my time, (67ish)?