Steve and Ariel Spargo Declare Independence

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Steve and Ariel Spargo Declare Independence

Posted on September 10, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | 13 Comments
To: All Scientologists

Date: 10 Sept 2012

Subject: Resignation From Church of Scientology

Earlier this year I woke up to the fact that our Church management has over time departed wildly from LRH policy and HCOB’s and that the entire spirit and survival of the movement is under threat
Ariel and I believe that the Church of Scientology has become a totalitarian activity dominated by RTC, where parishioners ignore policies like Safeguarding Technology and Keeping Scientology Working in the interest of avoiding trouble. There is no freedom within the Church to discuss whether or not a particular program adheres to policy. Current programs have serious flaws and will not take the Church where we want it to go.
Unquestioning acceptance and money are now the priorities in Scientology and we don’t like it.
It’s obvious that management feel free to alter successful LRH programs and come up with travesties like GAT. It feels like fingernails on a blackboard when my friends cheerfully say “Yes, but GAT 2 is going to fix that.” They are right back where I was for most of the last 35 years. I had an excuse for everything.
I have never thought it necessary to say this before. But I require my Church to be motivated by the Aims of Scientology and to adhere to LRH policy and tech. That has always been the condition of my support.
In view of the major departures we are witnessing, and the antipathy towards doing anything about it, I and my wife Ariel have decided to withdraw our support and resign from the Church.
What Now?

Although we no longer support the Church of Scientology, my wife and I are Scientologists and wish to continue practising our religion. However we know that the Church will now call us “squirrels” and say we are not allowed to practise Scientology without their permission.
In the past, I have been completely taken in by the Church appearing to strongly support Human Rights. Now I know it was just a public relations sham. In fact, there is no freedom of religion in Scientology. It’s completely authoritarian.
I would rather let bygones be bygones and leave the Church to its own devices. Live and let live.
But we all know that the Church routinely uses legal action, infiltration and public attacks to insist dissenting Scientologists either give up practising their religion or forge an alliance with Scientology critics. For Ariel and I, it’s a choice we should not be forced to make.
Ron always said that wisdom was for anyone who reached for it and that there should be no monopoly on the subject. This is just one more point where the current Church management disagrees with Ron.
To Church management we have only one thing left to say. Don’t call us, we’ll call you.
Steve and Ariel Spargo
Independent Scientologists
PS: I have published my review of the Church at http://spargostory.wordpress.com

The EX STATS are straight up and vertical folks! Fricken awesome....just fricken awesome!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Have they sent a viral email?

Also, do we know what GAT 2 is? I know we've heard it's coming but I've not heard what it is yet!

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron

Also, do we know what GAT 2 is? I know we've heard it's coming but I've not heard what it is yet!

It's probably a reversion to what they did prior to GAT. Then GAT 3 will be the same as GAT 1.

After that they can kick out the suppressives who took all of LRH's sacred semi-colons out of the books and re-issue the Basics again.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Glad they're out. Hope they make it all the way out.

adbusters_nothing.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
It's probably a reversion to what they did prior to GAT. Then GAT 3 will be the same as GAT 1.

After that they can kick out the suppressives who took all of LRH's sacred semi-colons out of the books and re-issue the Basics again.

I vaguely recall that Tony Ortega heard some speculation that various packages sold would be piecemealed out to make the bridge seem cheaper (of course the prices of the individual components would simultaneously be hiked). It was not known if people would have to redo services.

I don't think he could re-release the Basics again, as there is still significant anger about the GAT and forcing people to redo the lower bridge.

This was all speculation back in June so I'm wondering what happenned with this.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

GAT 2 removes the final barrier to OT.

I'll see you on the other side of the Bridge, down the track, up the line and over the hill (10).

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Steve writes about a 20 page "eval" on Scientology and comes up with ZERO outpoints on LRH. :duh:

Good luck with that!:omg:

Yeah, exactly.

When Steve bumped into the "data" on his "eval" where LRH ran the criminal Operation Snow White, he noted that it was a "plus point" that he didn't get indicted.

When Steve "evaluated" the time that Ron tried to frame an innocent Paulette Cooper for bomb threats, drive her insane, get her committed to an insane asylum and terrorize her into suicide, he confronted the outpoint. Dropped out time. Steve "cognited" that this was stale dated information because it was before Ron researched The Way To Happiness tech and discovered the tech about not committing felonies and murdering people.

If you asked Steve about Ron's 36 year crime wave, he would put that down in his Eval too as an outpoint. Your outpoint.

Veda

Sponsor
Yeah, exactly.

When Steve bumped into the "data" on his "eval" where LRH ran the criminal Operation Snow White, he noted that it was a "plus point" that he didn't get indicted.

When Steve "evaluated" the time that Ron tried to frame an innocent Paulette Cooper for bomb threats, drive her insane, get her committed to an insane asylum and terrorize her into suicide, he confronted the outpoint. Dropped out time. Steve "cognited" that this was stale dated information because it was before Ron researched The Way To Happiness tech and discovered the tech about not committing felonies and murdering people.

If you asked Steve about Ron's 36 year crime wave, he would put that down in his Eval too as an outpoint. Your outpoint.

These are pretty typical statements, from Steve, for someone just out of the "Church." Time will tell whether he is simply passing through MartyWorld, or if he has taken up residence there.

secretiveoldfag

These are pretty typical statements, from Steve, for someone just out of the "Church." Time will tell whether he is simply passing through MartyWorld, or if he has taken up residence there.

It's late and the dregs of human kindness are running low, but if the Cult of Scifagotry still has 40,000 members, does this mean we have to look forward to 40,000 similar letters?

Especially as they are not OUT only moved a step sideways.

It seems a high price to pay.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Each time I come to this board I wonder if there is going to be another defection. I am disappointed very few times.

Veda

Sponsor
It's late and the dregs of human kindness are running low, but if the Cult of Scifagotry still has 40,000 members, does this mean we have to look forward to 40,000 similar letters?

Especially as they are not OUT only moved a step sideways.

It seems a high price to pay.

Some will eventually become ex-Scientologists; others will "step sideways" and stay there.

It's always been that way. :)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I have read the whole report and you know what? I think it's brilliant!

I have read many things over the years and this one tops the lot, to me. Better than Debbie Cook. I know I certainly did not and could not have put something like together when I first left.

Too many people here forget what it was like and show no empathy for the courageous struggle to step outside the bubble. It is HARD, it rips you and your life apart.

This report WILL help other people in the same situation.

I think by now my own stance on scientology and the tech is known but that doesn't mean I or anyone else can't be kind and understanding to those in this situation. It is a GOOD thing to write such a comprehensive overview and it will be and has been seen by many Aussie scientologists, and now the rest of the world can read it.

If Steve should ever venture here I hope he is not just ripped to shreds and instead is given the same welcome I and many others have been. Although looking at the replies so far I feel that the tolerance for the struggles of people newly out is just not here anymore and personally I find that very sad.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I have read the whole report and you know what? I think it's brilliant!

I have read many things over the years and this one tops the lot, to me. Better than Debbie Cook. I know I certainly did not and could not have put something like together when I first left.

Too many people here forget what it was like and show no empathy for the courageous struggle to step outside the bubble. It is HARD, it rips you and your life apart.

This report WILL help other people in the same situation.

I think by now my own stance on scientology and the tech is known but that doesn't mean I or anyone else can't be kind and understanding to those in this situation. It is a GOOD thing to write such a comprehensive overview and it will be and has been seen by many Aussie scientologists, and now the rest of the world can read it.

If Steve should ever venture here I hope he is not just ripped to shreds and instead is given the same welcome I and many others have been. Although looking at the replies so far I feel that the tolerance for the struggles of people newly out is just not here anymore and personally I find that very sad.

I think he did a good job of his write-up and showed some real spirit in his tone. I applaud that. I wish them both well. Hopefully, they will come to see that Hubbard was not the man they were sold, and move on. That might take some time, as it did for many of us.

I do have some real concerns about Marty's crash-landing pad though - they seem to be getting ever more strident in their deification and glorification of Hubbard. Hence my 'Ron's Witnesses' comment. Marty is more of a danger to the newly out than a help, with his double-strength Hubbard Koolaid. It's 'Charismatic Scientology', as opposed to what he calls 'Corporate Scientology'. Bad medicine for the newly-out.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I think he did a good job of his write-up and showed some real spirit in his tone. I applaud that. I wish them both well. Hopefully, they will come to see that Hubbard was not the man they were sold, and move on. That might take some time, as it did for many of us.

I do have some real concerns about Marty's crash-landing pad though - they seem to be getting ever more strident in their deification and glorification of Hubbard. Hence my 'Ron's Witnesses' comment. Marty is more of a danger to the newly out than a help, with his double-strength Hubbard Koolaid. It's 'Charismatic Scientology', as opposed to what he calls 'Corporate Scientology'. Bad medicine for the newly-out.

Well I tend to agree with you. I guess it's now the acceptable thing because in a way there is no other venue. I mean he could hardly come and post it here .... It is a worry. Though as has been discussed many times, many people do move on from Martyland in their own time. We can only hope it is sooner rather than later.

tetloj

Ron's witnesses - very apt indeed

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

Oh, I don't think it's that bad. :)

I'm not "ripping" Steve, quite the contrary. Many others aren't "ripping" him either.

If, after he's been out of the CofS for a while, he came here and attempted to do a PR "handling," with "ARC" and schmoozing, and Propaganda tech, then that would be a different matter.

Even then, I'd just add some information for the benefit of others; it won't involve any "ripping," although, if he's still a Scientologist, he'll likely regard the simple adding of information as an "attack."

That would be unfortunate, but I doubt Steve will become a Marty-ite on a mission to "handle" ESMB.

People who newly leave the CofS deserve a grace period - a few months at least.

I think most understand that. :kiss: