What's new

Help!

Twitch

Hello! Im new to this forum. Its kinda funny how I found you guys. I was sitting in the kitchen at Church waiting to go on course, but I previously asked my boyfriend why we take vitamin B-1 to prevent engrams. He couldnt answer me so I typed it in google (as I do with most questions I have lol)

Needless to say I couldnt find anything useful.

Im new to Scientology. I started about 3 weeks ago because my BF introduced it to me. He paid for my Communications course and a couple of DVD's. One being the Dianetics DVD which honestly, I loved, and made sense to me.

However, EVERY bone in my body is telling me to get out. But im afraid ill lose someone I deeply care about...

I think the main issue I have with Scientology is that everything feels like a sales pitch...an infomercial. I don't have any experiences with any of the courses except Communications and my overall opinion of it is yea..its a good course..it works..it makes sense...but for 100 bucks!? NO. Just...no.

I recently attended a seminar on Money and how it relates to your tone scale...I cant really remember exactly what it was called. I thought to myself "Wow, a free seminar, free food, ill go!"...Turns out it was a big infomercial. At the end they wanted us to shell out 1,500 bucks to go on to their ship to do these top secret drills in the tropics. These drills would help us "flourish" and bring in more money flow. So here you have a guy, 24 years old, fresh out of college, paying back school debt, trying to make ends meet, thinking he finally found something that will help him get ahead...just to find out that I have to get 1,500 bucks...........so I can learn how to make more money...What? Anyways...

Whats with the top secret confidential hush hush stuff? Things you can only learn if youve reached a certain status AKA paid enough money to get your hands on them. At least most other religions are very up front about what they believe in. I mean we have the spokes person for Scientology telling the public that the Xenu story, etc is all false. Yet anyone who has left the church will tell you otherwise. Its all very odd. Also..the OT "abilities"..I call the people who claim to have these powers "Super Scientologists" ..Don't get me wrong, I believe humans have untapped powers of the mind..and that there is more to the universe than we can possibly understand..but whos to say these people arent simply faking it? So that others will look up to them. So that they get to feel important.

Im so incredibly conflicted at this point. Right now I really dont have any reason to quit Scientology except stories ive read on the internet.

My heart is already telling me to leave...and when I telling my partner this...he says its part of my case. I reject all organized religion..so maybe it is my "case" but I can justify my beliefs and opinions. It seems, at times, Scientology cant.

If I wasnt with my boyfriend, I would of left already...and that scares me.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I plan on sticking around. If anyone could help me understand why Scientology is so bad, that would probably help me get out.

Also what do you guys recommend when it comes to my partner? I already know he wont let go of Scientology, and I really dont want to let go of him. Im very lost. He has been nothing but a positive influence in my life. To punish him for being a Scientologist just sounds wrong.

G

Gottabrain

Hi Twitch! :welcome2:

Wow, that's totally weird that you joined Scientology 3 weeks ago. We were just discussing what kind of person would do that - I mean, what with all the terrible media about Scn, Tom Cruise's wife leaving him, the thousands of people who have come forward about their abuse in Scn, the people who died in Narconon, all the people who were (and still are) held prisoner there, the child abuse, the families torn apart...

Don't you read the Internet or listen to the news? :confused2:

Try Googling, "Is Scientology a scam?" That would be a good start. Lots of great references.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB, Twitch. :yes:

I personally knew and worked for L. Ron Hubbard on the Apollo. I personally knew David Miscavaige. I was in Scientology for around 2 decades, had "upper level Auditing and Training", was a Flag Officer in the Sea Organization and Senior Executive of the Church of Scientology.

I beseech you to listen to your Heart. :coolwink:

To listen to your Heart does not punish another and if they infer otherwise then they, in my opinion, are running a guilt trip on you and seeking to punish you for listing to your Heart...whether they realize it or not...regardless of how well intended they are towards you.

The phrase "that's just your Case talking"--or words to that effect--are a Catch-22 ploy used quite routinely by Scientologists on each other and Newbies to get them to go against their gut instinct or suspend their better judgement to get others to do what they think they should or want them to do. It can be very effective...sadly, it was on me.

I wish you well...I know this is not easy.
:coolwink:

Face:)

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I know what you mean, but in fact the person you care a lot for and that is in danger is YOU. You're in danger of losing yourself.

Get out, and fast.

Veda

Sponsor
Hello! Im new to this forum. Its kinda funny how I found you guys. I was sitting in the kitchen at Church waiting to go on course, but I previously asked my boyfriend why we take vitamin B-1 to prevent engrams. He couldnt answer me so I typed it in google (as I do with most questions I have lol)

Needless to say I couldnt find anything useful.

Im new to Scientology. I started about 3 weeks ago because my BF introduced it to me. He paid for my Communications course and a couple of DVD's. One being the Dianetics DVD which honestly, I loved, and made sense to me.

However, EVERY bone in my body is telling me to get out. But im afraid ill lose someone I deeply care about...

I think the main issue I have with Scientology is that everything feels like a sales pitch...an infomercial. I don't have any experiences with any of the courses except Communications and my overall opinion of it is yea..its a good course..it works..it makes sense...but for 100 bucks!? NO. Just...no.

I recently attended a seminar on Money and how it relates to your tone scale...I cant really remember exactly what it was called. I thought to myself "Wow, a free seminar, free food, ill go!"...Turns out it was a big infomercial. At the end they wanted us to shell out 1,500 bucks to go on to their ship to do these top secret drills in the tropics. These drills would help us "flourish" and bring in more money flow. So here you have a guy, 24 years old, fresh out of college, paying back school debt, trying to make ends meet, thinking he finally found something that will help him get ahead...just to find out that I have to get 1,500 bucks...........so I can learn how to make more money...What? Anyways...

Whats with the top secret confidential hush hush stuff? Things you can only learn if youve reached a certain status AKA paid enough money to get your hands on them. At least most other religions are very up front about what they believe in. I mean we have the spokes person for Scientology telling the public that the Xenu story, etc is all false. Yet anyone who has left the church will tell you otherwise. Its all very odd. Also..the OT "abilities"..I call the people who claim to have these powers "Super Scientologists" ..Don't get me wrong, I believe humans have untapped powers of the mind..and that there is more to the universe than we can possibly understand..but whos to say these people arent simply faking it? So that others will look up to them. So that they get to feel important.

Im so incredibly conflicted at this point. Right now I really dont have any reason to quit Scientology except stories ive read on the internet.

My heart is already telling me to leave...and when I telling my partner this...he says its part of my case. I reject all organized religion..so maybe it is my "case" but I can justify my beliefs and opinions. It seems, at times, Scientology cant.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I plan on sticking around. If anyone could help me understand why Scientology is so bad, that would probably help me get out.

Also what do you guys recommend when it comes to my partner? I already know he wont let go of Scientology, and I really dont want to let go of him. Im very lost. He has been nothing but a positive influence in my life. To punish him for being a Scientologist just sounds wrong.

Hi Twitch,

Not everything in Scientology is bad. Some things are good. Unfortunately, the bad overrides the good. That may be what you're sensing. For a new person, that "sense" will be discouraged and, eventually, disappear, sometimes taking years to return. Don't let yourself slip into the next stage.

Here's an excerpt from a book written by an ex-Scientologist who was a Class VIII auditor, audited at St. Hill in the 1960s, and was on the ship (Apollo) in the early 1970s. It, and its links, succinctly describe and explain Scientology, and how it lures in the unsuspecting.

http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105

IMO, your boyfriend will be better off with you remaining distant from Scientology, even if he plunges into it. Don't argue with him or be "anti," just let him know that you want to wait a while and don't want to decide right now.

That way, you'll still be on the "outside," and he'll have a place to go when he changes his mind - and he will eventually. :)

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Hello Twitch,

Don't think you can salvage this situation without getting pulled into Scientology. If you don't get involved, you are a threat and the cult will make him disconnect from you. You don't want to get involved, and you know this already. What you don't know is that you have already started the indoctrination process (TRs), so get out. There have been quite a few people who planned to do just some low level stuff, because 'they were not into organised religion' and that low level stuff 'made sense', and guess what happened? Thank your lucky stars that you found this forum before falling into the trap. You already understand that something is wrong with Scientolgy, yet you have no idea how sinister and dangerous the cult really is.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Twitch!

You are right about Scn. mainly consisting of infomercials. It's always buy this or that because it has the only answer!

But here's how the set up works.

First you NEED to get Clear because you have a reactive mind that makes you have a case and really messes up your life. One clear told me her and her husband spent $100,000.00 to go Clear I believe that was $1K each.

A Clear is "A being without their own reactive mind."

Well, if they don't have their own reactive mind.. who's reactive mind do they have?

The answer lies in the OT levels. Of the 15 or so OT levels listed on the Bridge to Total Freedom ONLY levels I - VIII are out. So even if you could afford to get to VIII you still wouldn't be totally free.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Once you're clear you are 100% analytical, a prerequisite for learning the truth: You are infested with brainwashed alien spirits who really mess you up. By then infomercials are no longer necessary. If you don't say "Shut up and take my money" voluntarily, they'll make you say it.

X-Member-Hooray

Patron with Honors

get out.

Also what do you guys recommend when it comes to my partner? I already know he wont let go of Scientology, and I really dont want to let go of him. Im very lost. He has been nothing but a positive influence in my life. To punish him for being a Scientologist just sounds wrong.[/QUOTE]

Twitch,

I could not resist immediately replying to your thread. I was 19 and I met a man who had recently become a Scientologist. He had a very high sense of ethics and a high IQ. I felt I was very 'average' in comparison. We eventually got married. I spent years in Scientology mainly just to please him and I admit I was gullible enough to believe the OT levels would unlock the secrets of the Universe for me. I found the beginners courses lots of fun and learnt a bit. By the time I finished with working at the Org I was chronically so unhappy I wished I was a victim of a major car accident as I felt so guilty about wanting to leave.

After spending so much money on services on our second attempt of SCientology we were broke and in huge debt. HUbby and I broke up and I am very bitter about this as I had two very young children by that stage. It took around 20 years to financially get back on my feet as well as raise the girls and get them through Uni as well as educate myself. There was nothing in this life I regret more than being in Scientology.

Scientologists just love young people without much life experience, who will take a risk and sign up for things which just end up mediocre or a bunch of twaddle for many, many thousands of dollars. DMSMH may sound credible, but if the tech was so successful why are so many Orgs shrinking and why are the Reges so desperatley hard selling all the time.

I used to see a photo of LRH and get a horrible feeling about him. I should have used my brain and intuition to high tail out of there even if it meant splitting up from my partner.

See my recent story.

X-Member-Hooray

PannonPan

Patron
Twitch, hello :hug:

please educate yourself about Scientology.

Visit Steven Hassan's website: “Reading Combatting Cult Mind Control helped me finally walk away after 27 years. Thank you so much for your courage!” – Ex-member Scientology
www.freedomofmind.com

Or maybe this is what your future holds:
www.ilsehruby.at/hrubybook.html

Scientology is a trap - a mind controlling cult.

Protect yourself!

Miss Pert

Welcome Twitch!!!

I have to agree with afaceinthecrowd, listen to your heart. I know it is tough when your boyfriend is involved but if he really cares for you it shouldn't matter to him if you don't get involved in the church. He has a right to be involved in Scientology if he chooses to, however you have the right not to be involved if that is your wish and it has nothing to do with "case."

You ask what is bad about Scientology? Think on this... just the fact that you have communicated on this forum is enough to have you declared a suppressive person. I would think the very fact that they would take away your basic rights like freedom of speech and choice should be enough to cause you some concern.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the church tried to make me disconnect from people I had been friends with for 30 years because they no longer wished to be involved in the church and one of them posted on this board. Do you really want an organisation to have that much control over your life?

Please do not join just because your boyfriend is in and you are afraid you will lose him, if you do that you are no longer operating on your own free will. I truly hope he isn't indoctrinated to the point that he would not continue your relationship if you decided not to join the church and that it all works out for you both.

Terril park

Sponsor
There is a possible solution. Do scientology outside the CO$ in what's
called the Freezone. Its cheaper, friendlier ahd high pressure sales and infomercial free.

Also there is no disconnection so you're less likely to lose your BF.

Miss Pert

called the Freezone. Its cheaper, friendlier ahd high pressure sales and infomercial free.

That only works if her BF is prepared to do Scientology through Freezone, if not, she is an SP for being a member of a squirrel group and he'll have to drop her like a hot potato.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Ciao Twitch...

Having done Scientology to the "top", I will tell you something that might save you many, many years of wasted time and a vast amount of money.

There are countless thousands of people who were bright and eager to "try" Scientology. They committed themselves mind, heart and soul to going Clear and "OT".

They did everything in their power and followed the rules. And at the end of their journey Scientology did not deliver anything that was promised in the glowing literature and "infomercials" that you are already seeing for what they are.

Vast numbers of people derailed their lives and it ended in financial ruin, disconnection from their families, children, friends and co-workers.

Don't take my word for it. Read the horror stories that litter the internet.

If you don't invest the time now to find out what you are getting yourself into, you will later discover that you wasted years (or decades) of your life chasing a hoax. Because Scientology never made a Clear or OT.

What else you should know is that Scientologists are taught to lie. There are, in fact, courses and drills that advanced members train on in order to trick honest and trusting people just like yourself.

Whether you invest the time now (to learn about it) or not, you will eventually end up kicking yourself for allowing yourself for being so duped and defrauded.

It's either invest 25 hours of reading now or waste 25 years of your life because you don't think it is that serious or necessary.

Dear, take advantage of the fact that you are smart enough to ask the questions you asked.

Find the answers, they are all waiting for you a few clicks away on your computer.

Reasonable

Your instincts are right get out

I am probably the most middle of the road person on this board in that I think there are some useful things in Scientology and a lot of it makes sense (most here will disagree) and yes you need to get out and no your boyfriend will not go with you

He paid for my Communications course and a couple of DVD's. One being the Dianetics DVD which honestly, I loved, and made sense to me.

Yes there are gains to be had from auditing I did get some nice changes and some things that I thought were amazing but it is nothing close to what is promised or should I say alluded to. And for the 3 great wins I had I have spent $150,000.

However, EVERY bone in my body is telling me to get out. But I’m afraid I’ll lose someone I deeply care about...

You will lose him the only way you won’t is if you agree not to talk about Scientology, but that is not likely. If you tell him you are talking to us he will consider you a suppressive person and he will spend all his auditing time dealing with you. And when he doesn’t get gains they will blame you.
The good news is he won’t last forever in there either and if he does then you will have to leave him at some time in the future

I think the main issue I have with Scientology is that everything feels like a sales pitch...an infomercial.

It is, in fact Hubbard’s sales tech is based on what is called direct marketing which is what all infomercials use.
Find a problem or create problem
Give a solution for little money then sell bigger products with add ons (up sell)
Create an inner circle of special customers
Give testimonials but no proof
Make claims but no promises
Cover yourself legally
Repackage the product and sell it again

I don't have any experiences with any of the courses except Communications and my overall opinion of it is yea..its a good course..it works..it makes sense...but for 100 bucks!? NO. Just...no.

$100 that is nothing, just wait. And yes there are some good courses, they can’t exactly give you a can of rotten tomatoes and expect you to stay. But it is insanely overpriced and more hype than substance. They get you to focus on the wins and not the money until you have no more money

I recently attended a seminar on Money and how it relates to your tone scale...I can’t really remember exactly what it was called. I thought to myself "Wow, a free seminar, free food, ill go!"...Turns out it was a big infomercial. At the end they wanted us to shell out 1,500 bucks to go on to their ship to do these top secret drills in the tropics. These drills would help us "flourish" and bring in more money flow. So here you have a guy, 24 years old, fresh out of college, paying back school debt, trying to make ends meet, thinking he finally found something that will help him get ahead...just to find out that I have to get 1,500 bucks...........so I can learn how to make more money...What? Anyways...

I like certain things about the tone scale and I find it a useful tool but they make it sound like once you understand this you will have some sort of ESP. And in the ship they trap you for a week and try to get you to donate many $1000000000 of dollars so they can erect new building to save the planet.

You actually have a routing form where you have to talk to a representative of each group in Scientology and you will be hard sold until you give a donation. You may end up giving several thousand dollars and if you don’t then you may spend all your our being in donation meetings.

Whats with the top secret confidential hush hush stuff? Things you can only learn if youve reached a certain status AKA paid enough money to get your hands on them. At least most other religions are very up front about what they believe in. I mean we have the spokes person for Scientology telling the public that the Xenu story, etc is all false. Yet anyone who has left the church will tell you otherwise.

It is all true. Watch the South Park episode and that is pretty much the story, or just read the confidential material on the internet

Its all very odd. Also..the OT "abilities"..I call the people who claim to have these powers "Super Scientologists" ..Don't get me wrong, I believe humans have untapped powers of the mind..and that there is more to the universe than we can possibly understand..but whos to say these people arent simply faking it? So that others will look up to them. So that they get to feel important.

YES SO THAT THEY FEEL IMPORTANT. Scientology is all about status. You are simply measured by your ability to donate and produce money. There are many of us who did those upper levels and none of us have anything close to what is claimed in the Dianetics book. Scientology is hypnotism and now and then you get nice feeling form hypnotism. But if we tell the church that we don’t feel different they will say we did the processes wrong or we are suppressive and then we have to pay money to do it again

I’m so incredibly conflicted at this point. Right now I really dont have any reason to quit Scientology except stories ive read on the internet.

Yes that is because there is some use to some of the courses. I got a lot of use from the study course (student hat) , key to life, I loved the purif ( many people here hate it but that is my opinion). I really liked some of the auditing but the incredible cost is the least of it.

Right now I am out but I can’t tell my friends who are in or business associates, if they knew I would lose friends and business. My real actual good friends would stop talking to me tomorrow. In auditing you tell some things you have done and if you leave that has a way of getting out.

HERE IS THE REAL DANGER

Imagine you get in and you marry your boyfriend and you have a baby, the baby grows up and now the child is in, his friends are in, maybe your in laws. You then have enough and leave…you lose everyone.
That is why it is a cult. They get you to get your friends and family in, then one day they want your husband to max out his credit cards for $40,000 (that is a low estimate, very low) or they want you to mortgage your house for him to donate money to build a bigger church and save the planet. Then you say NO! Now you lose him, your child, you family, your social structure everything.

That type of family wrecking bad stuff may not happen for a while because they don’t have enough leverage YET.

It didn’t happen to me for 10 years. For 10 years I noticed little things but eventually my friend was expelled and cut off from everyone he knew because his whole life was Scientology. Even his wife lost her job and all of her friends. That is when I started to look.

Then they started to arrive at my doorstep at 12:00 at night to sell me $3500 worth of BOOKS and DVDs!!!
Then they stole money out of my account.

It is a cult (like a secret sub-culture) that requires you to live in the bubble or out of the bubble and if you once lived in it and now you get out you are an ENEMY.

To me that is much more the danger than the money. That is the true evil.

Scientology is all about enemies, real enemies, created enemies. The psychologists, the medicos, the governments the supressives, the people who were implanted. Keeping you focused on common enemies keeps your mind off them and gives you a sense of DUTY to help fight these enemies. Governments do this all the time.

I am not saying that there aren’t bad people out there but let me choose my own enemies

I don’t care how good the wins are or if they can make you run a better business. That is all subjective, some people love it others hate it. It is opinion. But the shunning and family wrecking is the worst.

Look up “freedom Magazine” and watch how they write about their enemies who used to be their friends.

Do not be fooled by a few wins that is not the problem, you may have some wins.

The reason that auditing works to some extent it that it is a form of hypnotism, and hypnotism can be useful, but it can’t deliver the promise

My heart is already telling me to leave...and when I telling my partner this...he says its part of my case.

He doesn’t even know what case is..here is case:

Your body has little tiny massless beings (body thetans) attached to you. These thatans have mental image pictures of off the terrible things that have happened to them over the trillions of years they have been around.
Now when someone interacts with you, your thetans react to that and you react to your thetans.
So you are not in control of yourself you are being run by these thetans.
Auditing is the process of contacting these thetans and auditing out their mental image pictures until they leave.
In the lower levels you don’t know this, they are talking to you directly but in the OT levels they are talking to the BODY THETANS
Does that sound logical to you?
As a form of hypnotism I can see why you might feel better because that is sort of creative visualization.
But in Scientology they consider it real.
You won’t know this until the OT levels.
But when you are in the OT levels you are not allowed to talk about it with any one so everyone thinks that everyone else is cool with this idea. (The emperor has new clothes)

I reject all organized religion..so maybe it is my "case" but I can justify my beliefs and opinions. It seems, at times, Scientology cant.

It is very difficult to get anyone out of Scientology. Scientology preys on people who really care and want to help. And there is some of it that can be useful, so the trusting person thinks “This part is good so maybe the next part works” and on you go. One problem is that it is forbidden to say anything bad or that it didn’t work. It is you that didn’t work or you who must re do something until it works.

They tell you that communication is the universal solvent but they tell you who you can and cannot communicate with (such as us)

They tell you not to evaluate yet they evaluate all the time.

They tell you that they are peaceful yet in the inner circles there is physical violence and prison camps.

They tell you that money is not important yet they constantly need more and more of your money

They tell you to think for yourself yet Hubbard tells you what to think and if you disagree you get corrected until you do agree.

You will be out just keep reading. Once you read this it is pretty much impossible to go back.

Also what do you guys recommend when it comes to my partner? I already know he won’t let go of Scientology, and I really dont want to let go of him. Im very lost.

You are very much NOT lost. You got here quickly. Good job

He has been nothing but a positive influence in my life. To punish him for being a Scientologist just sounds wrong.

You are not punishing him for leaving, he may ruin your life if you stay, and he doesn’t know it.
We on this board have all been him; there is little chance of your getting him out.

You see, it is forbidden for him to look on the internet.
In auditing they ask you if you have looked at the internet or been in contact with people who are antagonistic towards Scientology. When he says YES, then he will spend many thousands of dollars of his money on that subject, then he will have to make up the damage he has done to the group by his actions. This is usually in the form of a monetary donation.

Hard to get someone out, he won’t believe any of this

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Jeez, there is some damn good advice from some of the posters here!

That last post was a killah! LOL.

About not being "allowed" to look at the internet about Scientology.

And not being "allowed" to read books about Scientology that are not written by Ron Hubbard.

And not being "allowed" to watch tv shows or read magazines or newspapers articles about Scientology.

Scientology promises you "freedom" but the first time you take a few steps inside, they will begin sending you to the "Ethics Department" and you will be punished for talking to the lovely and honest people here on this ESMB site.

You will be forced to agree that you will not look at anything about Scientology that they don't approve of.

Is that the kind off freedom you really want in your life.

Watch what happens. As soon as your BF finds out that you are researching Scientology, the gears will begin grinding with smoke and sparks.

Just remember.....if you have a relationship with a Scientologist, you are not just having a relationship with them. You are also having a relationship with Scientology and they will begin dictating to both of you what you can and cannot do.

You will be manipulated and emotionally torn to shreds if you try to fight their control. They will use your BF against you, if you don't obey their orders.

This is guaranteed.

if you have any doubt about this, go into the org and ask your supervisor or any senior person about some of the questions you have regarding Scientology. Tell them that you have been looking at the Internet.

Then see what happens. You will know if the people here are lying or if they are trying to help you.

Good luck dear!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Twitch, and welcome.

In only three hours, you have received pretty much all the arguments I can think of about your question. By all means look elsewhere to see variations on the theme, from hundreds of others, but I for one can't think of anything much to add.

You are in the lions' den. But at least you know it, although your bf doesn't. Good luck.

Paul

secretiveoldfag

And it's just as likely to screw up your mind...

Sindy

Crusader

Ciao Twitch...

Having done Scientology to the "top", I will tell you something that might save you many, many years of wasted time and a vast amount of money.

There are countless thousands of people who were bright and eager to "try" Scientology. They committed themselves mind, heart and soul to going Clear and "OT".

They did everything in their power and followed the rules. And at the end of their journey Scientology did not deliver anything that was promised in the glowing literature and "infomercials" that you are already seeing for what they are.

Vast numbers of people derailed their lives and it ended in financial ruin, disconnection from their families, children, friends and co-workers.

Don't take my word for it. Read the horror stories that litter the internet.

If you don't invest the time now to find out what you are getting yourself into, you will later discover that you wasted years (or decades) of your life chasing a hoax. Because Scientology never made a Clear or OT.

What else you should know is that Scientologists are taught to lie. There are, in fact, courses and drills that advanced members train on in order to trick honest and trusting people just like yourself.

Whether you invest the time now (to learn about it) or not, you will eventually end up kicking yourself for allowing yourself for being so duped and defrauded.

It's either invest 25 hours of reading now or waste 25 years of your life because you don't think it is that serious or necessary.

Dear, take advantage of the fact that you are smart enough to ask the questions you asked.

Find the answers, they are all waiting for you a few clicks away on your computer.

:thumbsup: ^^^^^^^^

and all I would add (besides "welcome") is RUN, don't walk, RUN and don't look back. Your heart is really your conscience and your conscience is ignored at your peril. The "infomercial" only gets worse and that is ALL it really is in the end -- one big glitzty commercial for spiritual time shares on a lonely deserted island full of shame and regret.

Gadfly

Crusader
[video=youtube;yCC_b5WHLX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0[/video]

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.
You've built a love but that love falls apart.
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
and you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,
the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

Listen to your heart. When it comes to sneaky manipulative Scientologists, there IS something in the wake of their smile - it is all a big pretense. It is called a "love bomb" by those who have analyzed cults like Scientology. They will really lay the love and "affinity" on thick, to get you to join. But, if and when you decide to leave they will toss you aside like a used tampon.

There is darkness at the end of the tunnel when it comes to involvement with Scientology. This line from the song is a great analogy to what waits for you if you step on THAT path:

You've built a love but that love falls apart.
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

All your best efforts, care and love will be wasted - whatever you put in will NOT grow into to anything lasting and worthwhile. In fact, it will get WORSE and potentially end very badly for you.

Sindy tells the truth - RUN, don't walk out the door.

Many here spent many YEARS involved with the Church of Scientology, only to slowly discover the truth. There are many stories on the Internet about lives destroyed by involvement with the Church of Scientology. It isn't a small group of people who have walked away - there are a large number.

And, sadly if you need to also split with your boyfriend to get away from this damaging cult, so be it. It might not seem that way, but there are MANY more potenital boyfriends out there who could end up in a better version of a future for you - and sticking with THIS ONE, if he sticks with Scientology, will only eventually bring you pain, suffering and sorrow.

Switch direction NOW while you still have the chance.

When it comes to what you will be shown and told by Scientologists, the song says it best:

Nothing is what it seems

They will sucker you by aligning with your dreams. It is all deceit and trickery - to GET YOU MONEY and to get you contributing to their scam.

Take the time, do some research, and do NOT fall for their lies. You were right when you said that you noticed how it seemed to be all SALES PITCH. It is, and they are VERY good at what they do (in terms of selling you things that you really DON'T NEED or WANT).

They can be VERY convincing.

Also, you can sit down with your boyfriend, and TOGETHER look over the facts and information about Scientology on the Internet. Maybe, pull HIM OUT, instead of him pulling you in? THAT would be best for everybody. :thumbsup: