What's new

Glossip on the RPF

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Inside the church of scientologys rpf-rehabilitation project force

http://glosslip.com/2008/02/28/insi...ys-rpf-rehabilitation-project-force/#comments

This is a brief video which shows what the inside of the RPF looks like. The RPF, or Rehabilitation Project Force is where Sea Org members go who’ve been disaffected with the movement.

A re-education camp where they do about five or six hours of manual labor and then spend the rest of their day being re-orientated with the ideology of Scientology, or what they call “auditing.”

Essentially a forced labor camp used to re-indoctrinate Scientologist back into the fold. This has been called a modern day “gulag.”

Here’s more on what goes on inside the RPF from an article in Rolling Stone. After the jump is a section of the article which discusses 13-year-old Jeffrey’s life in the Sea Org and his experiences with the RPF. I encourage you to read this, and if you have time, the entire Rolling Stone article.

(Read more from the link above.)

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
A re-education camp where they do about five or six hours of manual labor and then spend the rest of their day being re-orientated with the ideology of Scientology, or what they call “auditing.”

Five or six hours? Hahaha. Try ten or twelve hours per day, seven days a week. We were really really lucky to get Christmas day off, and no other days off...

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Five or six hours? Hahaha. Try ten or twelve hours per day, seven days a week. We were really really lucky to get Christmas day off, and no other days off...

Not everyone got Christmas off either. You had to get special permission to be off on Christmas. And you had to have another staff member with you (like another family member) to watch you to make sure you did not take off. They had to make sure to return you to the RPF. Some voluntary program, eh?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Not everyone got Christmas off either. You had to get special permission to be off on Christmas. And you had to have another staff member with you (like another family member) to watch you to make sure you did not take off. They had to make sure to return you to the RPF. Some voluntary program, eh?

Be fair Bea - Christ didn't exist remember?!
Just a slackers excuse to get off work! :whistling:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Be fair Bea - Christ didn't exist remember?!
Just a slackers excuse to get off work! :whistling:

The only time I got permission to be off from the RPF was when a family member was dying.

Sucks but true.

If they had not been dying, I would not have been allowed to go.

Its called "other fish to fry".

Tanstaafl

Crusader
The only time I got permission to be off from the RPF was when a family member was dying.

Sucks but true.

If they had not been dying, I would not have been allowed to go.

Its called "other fish to fry".

It does suck.
I hope you know me well enough to understand I wasn't trying to make light of your experiences or those of all the others who've been thru this bullshit.
:hug:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Yes, I know Tans.

I wrote that for anyone googling RPF and this thread coming up... not neccesarily seeing my whole story.

That is partly why I repeat things on different threads.

I know you love me. And I love you.:coolwink:

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
Normal berthing for non-married SO is actually worse than this. They are crammed together just the same with a mish-mash of cobbled together amoires, two and three high bunks.

The RPF berthing is usually better organized and straightened up. Partly because they have less crap to stow and they also are under harsher ethics if they keep it messy.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Normal berthing for non-married SO is actually worse than this. They are crammed together just the same with a mish-mash of cobbled together amoires, two and three high bunks.

The RPF berthing is usually better organized and straightened up. Partly because they have less crap to stow and they also are under harsher ethics if they keep it messy.

Actually true. Berthing generally in PAC was abysmal.

Ironically, when I went into the RPF's RPF (in PAC) I shared a room with ONE other guy. Two people in the room. In 23 years it was the least number of people I had ever had in my room in the SO (except a few times before the 2D Rules FO came into force :).)

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I was reading on OCMB that there are many worse places than this, as we know. However I think that it's good that the media are starting to pick it up, and the more information for them, the better!

Holy shit, my folks sent me to crappy (catholic)church camps when i was younger, where, well, you played games as "Sing a song with jesus in it"(I had fun singing sympathy for the devil=p) and other stuff. But that one beat those camps by far. How can they do that and people not speak up? It's beyond my understanding.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Holy shit, my folks sent me to crappy (catholic)church camps when i was younger, where, well, you played games as "Sing a song with jesus in it"(I had fun singing sympathy for the devil=p) and other stuff. But that one beat those camps by far. How can they do that and people not speak up? It's beyond my understanding.

It is fairly minor compared to other things.

Paul