What's new

The Perils of Starting a 2D in an Org

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
True enough.

There were " bridge buddies " and there were life partners.

My spouse & I never ever allowed us to be split for any briefing, being sold another service, or anything else. We twinned on solo courses. We twinned on pro trs, etc, etc.

Outside of being "insession" we did it together or it didn't happen.
Our stance on that was throughly disliked.

Ever see 2 people on one "routing form" ? LOL !

We were inseparable then .... as we are now.

This is as it should be.

Aelita

Patron
Wow - what a story. Personally I have been through several experiences like this, and all I can say is, whenever Scientology is involved in anything in your life, it makes it a hundred times worse.

Aelita

Patron
More like, Scn cannot tolerate a relationship where two people may decide they are more loyal to each other than to Scn. It's completely intolerable, and they work hard to ensure that Scn is always senior to any personal relationship, or they break the relationship if they are not confident that this is the case.

Exactly, I have experienced this when I met the love of my life, we had the most amazing time ever, and not long after, he said Scientology was more important to him than any '2D'... and that if i did not want to do Scientology anymore he would leave. Even though he was so in love with me and our relationship was near perfect. Scientology destroys families.

Aelita

Patron
Thanks for telling your story.

The thing about scientology relationships, "2Ds", is they can get terribly complicated.

That is because there is always an invisible other party to the connection - scientology. It's never just about two people ...

Very true. There's always a third wheel connected to the relationship, Scientology. It decides the fate of your relationship if you let it.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Thanks Auditor's Toad. That was lovely. I love hearing people going against the grain in Scientology. It's annoying that you should even have to stand your ground. You were a couple....and still are. Funny you should say we "needed a lot of life lessons". Anything would seem simple after Scientology :duh:

The harshest life lessons we got got were the time & expense of our doing scientolgy.

The money can be made back but the time is gone.

Even at the worst of times ( and these aren't ) we've looked at one another & felt fortunate that we love one another.

The harshest life lessons we got got were the time & expense of our doing scientolgy.

The money can be made back but the time is gone.

Even at the worst of times ( and these aren't ) we've looked at one another & felt fortunate that we love one another.

Just as a counterpoint to all of this:

My wife and I, had each read "Cheaper By the Dozen" and thought a big family was a great model. When a former girl friend (of many years) told me, in her bedroom, that my (future) wife and her husband were getting a divorce, I thought, "I'm in the wrong bedroom."

I called my future wife the next day, and set up a date.

My future wife (at this point), and I had been friends since 1969. She was still married to a very successful franchise / mission holder / auditor at Palo Alto in 1976. Her oldest step daughter was a Class Vlll at age 16. We, ourselves, were auditors also. We used the tech, and still do use much of it.

Our first date was a Sunday brunch at a funky expensive restaurant (Clementine's, in the Stanford Shopping Center). We got high on champagne. As it turned out, she liked being eaten out, and her husband didn't like to do that,..... and on our third date, a trip with her kids to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, it turned out, that her husband didn't like doing things with the kids, and I did.

budweiser-clydesdales.jpg

There was no fourth date; within about a week, or two, she had moved out, and we were living together.

I sold my little center (now the Los Gatos Org). 1976, the prices started rising 10% a month.My wife had a private school (still does), and the Co$ started pressuring her for 10% of her school's income.

Without discussing it, we both walked away from the Co$. We never talked about it really; we just saw leaving as the obvious thing to do.

[video=youtube;NnSAAVuEob8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnSAAVuEob8[/video]

Like avoiding a broken down bus in your lane on the freeway, you drive around, it is obvious.

Her husband was out of his mind with rage, that he was super successful at Scientology, and his kids were living with us, black sheep, who had forsaken the real true truth. He and I got into a fistfight, as I was "encouraging" him to leave our house one day. We didn't give a flying fuck about Scientology -- at least compared to our personal vision of what was right.

By 1980, he was gone, from the Co$, on his own determinism, too.

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Oh, I remember well the moment I saw the girl who was later to become my now wife.

I took one look at her and realized my life was all fucked up, I was married & in no position to be with her. ( Leaving out a lot ) The day my divorce was final I married her.
I so understand without discussion it was just the thing to do - we've had some of that over the years.

Added : And the insanity of them trying to demand 10% of my business. In the most boring possible voice I kept telling them I would not give my money to somebody who had done nothing to earn it. They would say they'd 'declare me' & I kept saying 'go for it'.

Last edited:
Oh, I remember well the moment I saw the girl who was later to become my now wife.

I took one look at her and realized my life was all fucked up, I was married & in no position to be with her. ( Leaving out a lot ) The day my divorce was final I married her.
I so understand without discussion it was just the thing to do - we've had some of that over the years.

Paul Newman, Michael Landon, Peter Crundall, and I always say:

"nothin' like out ethics and evil intentions to MAKE a marriage"

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Added : And the insanity of them trying to demand 10% of my business. In the most boring possible voice I kept telling them I would not give my money to somebody who had done nothing to earn it. They would say they'd 'declare me' & I kept saying 'go for it'.

One argument I heard was "If you are using the Tech in your business, you need to pay 10%. If you are NOT using the Tech in your business, then you are a squirrel and need to be sec-checked".

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
One argument I heard was "If you are using the Tech in your business, you need to pay 10%. If you are NOT using the Tech in your business, then you are a squirrel and need to be sec-checked".

My answer was that whatever tech I used I had learned on a course that I paid to do.
So, yes, I used what I learned and I had paid to learn it. And that nowhere was there anything in writing on the course, or from the people who sold me the course, that said if I used what I learned I'd have to pay for the rest of my life.

And, secondly, if they had done the communication course and they were now communicating with me who were they sending their 10% for that ?

And, I told them there was nothing that said the tech HAD to be used in business as, in fact, they said "IF" I used then....so what they were saying made it clear it was NOT mandatory to use it.

I would also point out they were trying to "handle me" the same way they could a SO member and I was NOT SO & never agreed for anyone to run my life for me.

( Back in the day, with these exchanges I expected a KR so I didn't say anything I couldn't find a reference for ( never hard to find a reference to support / be against anything. Best outcome from the EO after the KR was a " cease & decease order" to WISE as getting a "non enturb order" was close to impossible.

Basically, WISE tried to play bully - and I loved to fight !

Hey Onthepes - I read the first part of this thread today (sorry, I didn't get to it sooner) and NOW I understand why OSA was giving you grief. Holy moley - you restimulated all of their failed 2Ds with other staff members. Sheesh - who hasn't had their hearts ripped by some scino staffer? It sucks to see the person coming on to somebody else, while you feel like a flattened ball bearing.

Hell, OSA spies, get a grip! 2d's come and go. Leave Onthepes alone, and get your 2D ruds flown! You're the only ones on lines reading this stuff. No one in good standing is here if they value their check books.

Fooph! Get a life. I know you think everything written here is a bunch of entheta lies, by Sp's getting in the way. Well, let me ask you this: Why have the stats been continually down trending since the mid eighties? What does Ron tell you to do with a continuing emergency /danger graph? What does he say in the Character of an Ethics Officer - first few paragraphs? Empty hallways? :omg:

Mimsey

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
It was just one, albeit one of the most significant, "hooks" for me when I joined Scientology. When I grasped the 2d concept as per LRH , I was enthralled at the idea of getting a handle on my relationships (present and future) and bringing stability and understanding to this area of my life. I was assured and promised that my second dynamic was something that would be cleared up and totally understood by moi. No problemo.
And all these years later all that I understand is that these clowns (Scinos) were more clueless than I. I've never seen such a fucked up bunch when it came to the 2d. Relationships around the org were so outrageous and bizarre as to be scary. It's hilarious when I think of it now. But back then I was trying to figure out what they knew, that I didn't. There's no hidden data lines. There's no data at all ! Staffers were so adept at living their illusions that the lies they perpetrated were not lies in their befuddled minds.
The word that comes to mind is FAKE. FAKE knowledge. Fiction. Science fiction. Now we've come full circle back to the source of Scientology. Science fiction.
Nite y'all.