What's new

David Miscavige to cancel Hubbard Policy and Tech

lrnobs

Patron with Honors
Unbelievable.

And he honestly thinks that is going to work????

I tell you what - if that is the plan then there will be such a mass exodus it will make his little head spin. (More than it is.)

I don't know. But he does have all the money and all the power. He has been purging the COS of "loyalists". He doesn't seem to care if the COS is large as long as it is all under his control.

But I wonder if Mr KSW, Tom Cruise will buy into it.

Many Scientologists will not care who says they are source, as long as they think THEY are going up to OT. Don't take this the wrong way anybody, but in many ways Scn is a religion for the selfish, which is something that occurred to me when I was still in.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Last time I was in an org last year I saw on a desk of a staff member an IAS calendar with the picture of Mr. Miscavige on it. :bowdown:

Veda

Sponsor
Last time I was in an org last year I saw on a desk of a staff member an IAS calendar with the picture of Mr. Miscavige on it. :bowdown:

So, he's the dictator of Scientology. That's one the perks of the job.

Hubbard's photo on the web site hasn't been replaced with Miscavige's yet.

http://www.scientology.org

Last time I looked, Joseph Smith's picture was still in the front of his 'Book of Mormon'.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it depends how DM does it as to whether there is a mass exodus.

Assuming this report is true and I can see how it might be, given the degree to which Hubbard has been discredited.

If it is done slowly and steadily, people will get used to the dwindling of Ron's influence.

DM can credit LRH with being the founder, great man, blah blah, but stress the changing times and how Ron never wanted Scn to be stagnant.

LRH could still be revered as the founder who made all that is present-day Scn possible.

I can even see some Scns being relieved that LRH's voluminous and often contradictory works be sidelined as historical archived records, with new, simplified Scientology for the New Era.

Think of the willingness of some freezoners to adapt and re-interpret LRH's tech. There is intrinsically no reason why CofSers won't react in a similar way.

To us outies, it is a shocking concept, because our reality of the CofS is stuck to some degree at the version of it that existed when we left. But the poopers who are still in will be being moved along Scn's time track.

Also remember the suggestibility of CofSers. The subject automatically selects out those willing to be subjected to suggestion. If they are not suggestible they leave or get booted out, leaving the suggestible inside the CofS. So it would be relatively simple, if done skillfully enough to suggest to them why this sidelining of LRH is a "good thing".

Think of Orwell's "Animal Farm" and how easy it was to manipulate the animals' beliefs from "All animals are equal" to "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others".

Great marketing opportunity too to sell whole new book-sets of New Era Scientology and NES training, grades, and rundowns! :coolwink:

Veda

Sponsor
I think it depends how DM does it as to whether there is a mass exodus.

Assuming this report is true and I can see how it might be, given the degree to which Hubbard has been discredited.

If it is done slowly and steadily, people will get used to the dwindling of Ron's influence.

DM can credit LRH with being the founder, great man, blah blah, but stress the changing times and how Ron never wanted Scn to be stagnant.

LRH could still be revered as the founder who made all that is present-day Scn possible.

I can even see some Scns being relieved that LRH's voluminous and often contradictory works be sidelined as historical archived records, with new, simplified Scientology for the New Era.

Think of the willingness of some freezoners to adapt and re-interpret LRH's tech. There is intrinsically no reason why CofSers won't react in a similar way.

To us outies, it is a shocking concept, because our reality of the CofS is stuck to some degree at the version of it that existed when we left. But the poopers who are still in will be being moved along Scn's time track.

Also remember the suggestibility of CofSers. The subject automatically selects out those willing to be subjected to suggestion. If they are not suggestible they leave or get booted out, leaving the suggestible inside the CofS. So it would be relatively simple, if done skillfully enough to suggest to them why this sidelining of LRH is a "good thing".

Think of Orwell's "Animal Farm" and how easy it was to manipulate the animals' beliefs from "All animals are equal" to "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others".

Great marketing opportunity too to sell whole new book-sets of New Era Scientology and NES training, grades, and rundowns! :coolwink:

Unless Miscavige is, himself, "drinking lots of Rum and popping pinks and grays" - which is possible - I don't think he'll trash Hubbard as the Messiah. Rewriting some things so that the rank and file can do their jobs, each in his or her own compartment, is one matter. That's just a practical situation, similar to translating Hubbard into other languages. Simplifying some Hubbard routine "Admin' material doesn't change the basic design: That of, what Hubbard called, a "Psychopolitical operation."

Remember the old saying, "A psychopolitical operation is a terrible thing to waste."

And that's what Hubbard created - with its mental-healing wrapper - so, wait and see...

RIGHT AGAIN

Doesn't take the rocket scientist

The biggest difference in the old Scientology I once loved and cherished and this new church that was put together by very questionable agents, was that there was a genuine purpose in researching and discovering what we were all about and how we came to be in the condition we find ourselves in. There was the purpose of Freeing Beings from that very entrapment that exists here on the planet. If you don't think you're trapped, try to live it alone without the economic system, education system, food system, health system, etc. Get out of it and live without it. Someone put the system there, right? It didn't just magically appear. And how does it all fit together so you can't make a move that you're not trackable and owned or runable? I'd call that trapped. Add to it that you're not even a meat body but we've, over time, been totally conditioned to thinking we are and you've got Trapped with a capital T, I'd say.

Hey, but I'm not telling anyone here something they don't know.

Bottom line is have someone come up with a way to untrap you as a spiritual being and you can bet your boody that there will be those running fast to stop you. That's what happened to the Church.

The whole tech and policy of the organization is now something other than what it was when we had the original Founder actually actively running the show. And that's been well over the last twenty years that this happened. There is a totally altered version of Scientology in the church right now. No different than when the Protestants broke away from the Catholics and made their own bed , the COS group did the same only they didn't leave the physical part of the group, buildings and such. They took it over and kicked out every single true Scientologist. They kept the name even though we all know they do not practice the original Scientology. They're Frauds, with a capital F. Anyway, technically speaking this group that calls themselves the Church of Scientology cannot call themselves Scientologists or Scientology at all. They are a splinter group who changed the whole basis of what the Founder originated. Those of us who duplicated the tech back in the 70's and earlier, know this to be true.

Right now, DM and those who remain hidden behind him ( trust me this little Class IV incompleted uninterned guy did not do this alone and does not do it alone to this day) have managed to give a big blackeye to the whole organization and Black PR the world into believing anything Scientological or close to it is mental. Others who weren't prepared to apply Data Series tech to it, wrong targeted, dropped out time, omitted data, etc. and helped DM even if inadvertently.
He has so corrupted the name of both Founder and subject that he now can most likely assume that those of us out here cannot flourish and prosper with the original works either.

The good news is that he's WRONG! :happydance: Scientology, unaltered, in the hands of the rational and good intentioned Works!

Thanks for the update Arnie.

Veda

Sponsor
The biggest difference in the old Scientology I once loved and cherished and this new church that was put together by very questionable agents, was that there was a genuine purpose in researching and discovering what we were all about and how we came to be in the condition we find ourselves in. There was the purpose of Freeing Beings from that very entrapment that exists here on the planet. If you don't think you're trapped, try to live it alone without the economic system, education system, food system, health system, etc. Get out of it and live without it. Someone put the system there, right? It didn't just magically appear. And how does it all fit together so you can't make a move that you're not trackable and owned or runable? I'd call that trapped. Add to it that you're not even a meat body but we've, over time, been totally conditioned to thinking we are and you've got Trapped with a capital T, I'd say.

Hey, but I'm not telling anyone here something they don't know.

Bottom line is have someone come up with a way to untrap you as a spiritual being and you can bet your boody that there will be those running fast to stop you. That's what happened to the Church.

The whole tech and policy of the organization is now something other than what it was when we had the original Founder actually actively running the show. And that's been well over the last twenty years that this happened. There is a totally altered version of Scientology in the church right now. No different than when the Protestants broke away from the Catholics and made their own bed , the COS group did the same only they didn't leave the physical part of the group, buildings and such. They took it over and kicked out every single true Scientologist. They kept the name even though we all know they do not practice the original Scientology. They're Frauds, with a capital F. Anyway, technically speaking this group that calls themselves the Church of Scientology cannot call themselves Scientologists or Scientology at all. They are a splinter group who changed the whole basis of what the Founder originated. Those of us who duplicated the tech back in the 70's and earlier, know this to be true.

Right now, DM and those who remain hidden behind him ( trust me this little Class IV incompleted uninterned guy did not do this alone and does not do it alone to this day) have managed to give a big blackeye to the whole organization and Black PR the world into believing anything Scientological or close to it is mental. Others who weren't prepared to apply Data Series tech to it, wrong targeted, dropped out time, omitted data, etc. and helped DM even if inadvertently.
He has so corrupted the name of both Founder and subject that he now can most likely assume that those of us out here cannot flourish and prosper with the original works either.

The good news is that he's WRONG! :happydance: Scientology, unaltered, in the hands of the rational and good intentioned Works!

Thanks for the update Arnie.

The original Fair Game Law was written in March 1965.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/fairgame.html

Please post some more. This looks canned.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
And then later Kruschev will take over from Stalin and the place will be purged again of all that DM did and then Breshnev will come along and cancel Kruschev and so it goes on ad infinitum.

Boring.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Unless Miscavige is, himself, "drinking lots of Rum and popping pinks and grays" - which is possible - I don't think he'll trash Hubbard as the Messiah. Rewriting some things so that the rank and file can do their jobs, each in his or her own compartment, is one matter. That's just a practical situation, similar to translating Hubbard into other languages. Simplifying some Hubbard routine "Admin' material doesn't change the basic design: That of, what Hubbard called, a "Psychopolitical operation."

Remember the old saying, "A psychopolitical operation is a terrible thing to waste."

And that's what Hubbard created - with its mental-healing wrapper - so, wait and see...

Personally I didn't expect DM to have the vision outside of the LRH implant to ditch him, so the revision may be along the lines you suggest. I like the words "New Era Scientology" it has a good ring to it!

I do think it would be a good move on a practical basis to sideline LRH because there is so much revelation about him now and it must have a detrimental effect on Scn recruitment. But whether DM has the courage or vision to carry out such a move remains to be seen.

Of course if he revises the tech it will still have to have LRH's manipulation laced through it.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's no way DM can overtly replace LRH. No Scio is going to buy into that! None! That being said, DM is very popular with the public - his PR inside the Cof$ is extremely good. But, anything he does will have to be covert as he has been doing all along. As far as changes to the "tech" - ha! He has NO credentials that qualify him for that role. I find these "inside" sources to be less than credible, either that or DM is far dumber than I thought.

Curiosity

Patron with Honors
Well, one effect of it that I haven't seen mentioned is that it might drag the CoS, including OSA, kicking and screaming into the 21st century. No longer trapped in the age of telexes, they might be better able to adapt to Anonymous, which I think bodes ill. :unsure:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's no way DM can overtly replace LRH. No Scio is going to buy into that! None! That being said, DM is very popular with the public - his PR inside the Cof$ is extremely good. But, anything he does will have to be covert as he has been doing all along. As far as changes to the "tech" - ha! He has NO credentials that qualify him for that role. I find these "inside" sources to be less than credible, either that or DM is far dumber than I thought.

Maybe you are right, but I remember a previous drastic "reform" which members accepted without much protest.

Suddenly around 1980 a new executive structure appeared without explanation or comment. It was the WatchDog Committe (WDC). Suddenly executive orders and even tech issues appeared from this new body. This was followed by the appearance of the RTC, again without public explanation as to who they were and on whose authority they were acting.

Scientologists are trained to accept orders without question and most members accepted this revolution without comment or question.

I remember asking the LRH commm who the WDC were and what their authority was. The LRH Comm didn't know!!! :omg:

There was no mass exodus over the apparent usurping of LRH authority and command. we were all trained to accept commands from above.

The mistake the RTC made and what caused the mass exodus was what they did with this authoirty, the takeover of the Mission Network and huge numbers of declares. this is what caused the disagreement and the exodus, not the appearance of the WDC and RTC. If they had quietly maintained the stauts-quo there would have been no exodus.

Therefore I think that if DM carried out a cull of LRH source materials, most of the obedient poopers would just supinely accept it as being for the greatest good and the expansion of Scn.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't believe it.
They sell the Golden Age of Tech but they are still using telexes.
:duh:

:roflmao:

I have always believed since 82 that sticking to the grooves that LRH dictated was the best guarantee that Scn would never take over the world.

If DM is about to supercede LRH instructions then there is the possibilty that it could take over the world.

I doubt DM is free enough of the LRH implant to actually be able to do this. But if he is, then the cult will really need to be watched! :omg:

I do detect a growing downgrading of LRH. The Freezone does this, but even "innies" like Alex seem able to criticise and downgrade LRH. It was unheard of, in my time as an innie, for this to happen.

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is still just hearsay. Many people use policy to stop actions and policy often has conflicts within itself. In the end with admin tech you need bright ideas and DM is unable to have them.

We are just seeing here how DM is an inept leader who cannot glow anything right. OT's make things go right, DM can barely cope using abusive serfacs and vicious behaviour.

In the end DM would have to recognize his failure or yes, blame it on policy. I see massive exodus and a higher % of idiots in the doomed Co$.