What's new

So is Tom's new (or old) BFF a scientologist?

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
It seems hard to believe he'd get this close to a non-sciopath.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/tom-cruise-hot-new-bro-mance

"The bespectacled Oscar winner, 44, has been at Tom’s side nearly nonstop in London – including outings to Annabel’s nightclub, the Old Globe Theatre and director Ridley Scott’s restaurant in Mayfair.

“Tom and Christopher have become virtually inseparable,” said a source close to McQuarrie. “Not only did he write Tom’s current flick, he’s also become Tom’s go-to guy for films, in general.”

Christopher is the source of a quote (“I haven’t had a meeting with Tom that was not interrupted by a phone call with his daughter,” McQuarrie told a reporter. “His heart is broken. He misses his little girl and works very hard at parenting.”) about what a devoted father Tom is, so maybe he'll be a witness in Tom's lawsuit against In Touch and Life & Style magazines.

And since screenwriter/ director Christopher McQuarrie's wife Heather is Katie Holmes' business partner in her fashion line Holmes & Yang, is Heather a spy for Tom in gathering ammo against Katie for use in future child custody battles?

If I were Katie, I'd be very afraid.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Why should she be afraid? She's already shown the world that she's much smarter than Top Dunce.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Christopher McQuarrie is not a Scientologist. I suspect he's playing to Tom's ego so he can get more exposure & show biz paying gigs.

Alot of stars have their groupies that hang on them looking to financially benefit somehow.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
Did you say Tom's new boyfriend is Katie's boyfriend? :omg:

No, Charlie's wife Heather is Katie's business partner in her clothing design company Holmes & Yang. Who knows whether Tom and Charlie have an "unnaturally close" relationship or not?

It's hard to imagine that Tom would spend that much time with anyone without trying to "turn" them to scientology. Maybe Charlie won't get seduced by the dark side. We'll see if Tom is "at cause" over Charlie and Heather.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
Why should she be afraid? She's already shown the world that she's much smarter than Top Dunce.

So true. I was thinking that if the McQuarries were scientologists, then Heather might be spying on Katie for Tom.

Since they aren't, I assume that they'd have too much tact to discuss Katie with Tom or vice versa. If I were Katie, I might have the creeps knowing that my business partner's husband was the best bud of someone like Tom.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
Tom has a new BFF, screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/tom-cruise-hot-new-bro-mance

I started this thread also in General Discussion - I forgot all about the dedicated Tom 'n Katie show! They really deserve to be separated now.

It looks like Christopher does nothing but write for Tom! Do you think Christopher looks a tiny bit like Davey? Tom's type, I guess.

“Tom and Christopher have become virtually inseparable,” said a source close to McQuarrie. “Not only did he write Tom’s current flick, he’s also become Tom’s go-to guy for films, in general.”

McQuarrie penned Tom’s 2008 Hitler assassination movie, “Valkyrie,” polished some of last year’s smash “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” and wrote the screenplay and directed the upcoming cop drama, “Jack Reacher.”

Good twin

Floater
Re: Tom has a new BFF, screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie

It's official... either they broke up, or Tom is cheating on Davey. :yes:

FoTi

Crusader

Tom can keep tabs on Katie & Surie by being close to Christopher, since Christopher's wife, Heather, is Katie's business partner. :eyeroll:

TC is looking rather thin in the face....has he quit eating?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

Tom can keep tabs on Katie & Surie by being close to Christopher, since Christopher's wife, Heather, is Katie's business partner. :eyeroll:

TC is looking rather thin in the face....has he quit eating?

Interesting. If Chris and Heather have no connection to the cult, this could be a way to pull Tom away from it's clutches. Katie would most probably talk to Heather about their relationship and her fears of the cult & it's evil behavior, Heather would def talk to her husband about it, who in turn might try to subtly help Tom break away. Just possibilities, I just see Tom spending time with non-cult members as a good sign and one that has to terrify DM.