What's new

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 million to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Rathbun Federal Suit regarding Lisa McPherson #30 million cover-up

This struck me as suspicious:

"Q -- and tell me if I am wrong, but I heard that Joan Wood, the Medical Examiner, had a relative, either a brother or a cousin, who had some type of pressure put on him or her that caused Joan Wood to change her opinion on the cause of death.
A. Ken, I don't know anything about that. Never heard of it even."

Indicates the possibility that someone who has Ken's trust, might be feeding him bullshit...???

Something MUCH like the above, however, was attempted against Bob Minton - but what struck me as, perhaps eeriely similar, was that Bob's partner, described in previous post describing the Nigerian Bond Buy Back Deal,, was at one point begging Bob to walk away... Bob and his partner believed that OSA had burglarized J's office in a London hotel, (which is what Bob describes in his harrasment timeline webbed HERE) when, what had actually happened was revealed to Bob by Mike Rinder during settlement talks - at one point Bob was calling daily (note)..to unload... Mike told Bob that they paid the maitre'd of the hotel $50,000 to use his passkey and then xeroxed every piece of paper in J's office in London, then made a dossier, indexed it etc, and sent it to UK Inland Revenue.

Note: The night Bob called the first time (This is NOT referring to the call described previously about his accounts being being under scrutiny by the Swiss Financial Police which was YEARS earlier) after months of not hearing from him (other that Christmas or New Years) was after an incident in court that caused him to "see God"...it was in front of Judge Shaeffer, it was a Massacheusetts State Court criminal perjury case, which being a Massacheusetts state court case, did NOT show up in the docket in CW! but had been remanded to the Pinellas court because that is where all the case docs were, in that criminal case, before Judge Shaeffer, Moxon acted as the prosecutor. Bob was freaking out, telling me "Arnie, I'm going to have to recant my testimony, I'm going to have to ruin the McPherson case..." Bob was.. was.. there isnt a word to describe how conflicted he was, but I'll explain in a bit.. I'll try and find an earlier typed description of this and post it later.

Last edited:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

If the court 'does' throw out Marty deposition based on the fact it was not taken by Dandar's attorney, could not Dandar's attorney immediately take Marty's deposition and start over?

That's not why they are requesting it, according to the motion. And anyway, pro se means that Dandar is representing himself, so there is no other person to take the deposition.

Seems like they want the thing tossed because, among other things, it is scandalous and extortionate. Fact finding on that point guarantees an epic cult footbullet. Buy popcorn. We will need it.

As for the whole thing about the parties stipulating to a limited scope for the hearing and the deposition being in violation of that, yada yada. I haven't followed what Dandar was planning to use it for. Maybe they have a point on that one, maybe they don't. Personally, I hope that the hearing gets bogged down in the scandalous and extortionate bit, because that will guarantee the greatest lulz for the greatest number of dynamics.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

That's not why they are requesting it, according to the motion. And anyway, pro se means that Dandar is representing himself, so there is no other person to take the deposition.

Seems like they want the thing tossed because, among other things, it is scandalous and extortionate. Fact finding on that point guarantees an epic cult footbullet. Buy popcorn. We will need it.

As for the whole thing about the parties stipulating to a limited scope for the hearing and the deposition being in violation of that, yada yada. I haven't followed what Dandar was planning to use it for. Maybe they have a point on that one, maybe they don't. Personally, I hope that the hearing gets bogged down in the scandalous and extortionate bit, because that will guarantee the greatest lulz for the greatest number of dynamics.

From what I understand about Dandar's case, some of Marty's deposition is relevant. Dandar's suing the CoS for using state courts to ruin him financially and professionally. A good chunk of what Marty had to say in his deposition supports that claim and shows that it was being done intentionally and by numerous covert and illegal means.

Marty's testimony alone wouldn't be enough on its own, I don't think, but it may be enough to make the CoS fold. I don't think they'd risk another Debbie Cook fiasco. I'm afraid the courtroom will be closed on this one though. Monday's will be, which totally sucks. :(

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

From what I understand about Dandar's case, some of Marty's deposition is relevant. Dandar's suing the CoS for using state courts to ruin him financially and professionally. A good chunk of what Marty had to say in his deposition supports that claim and shows that it was being done intentionally and by numerous covert and illegal means.

Marty's testimony alone wouldn't be enough on its own, I don't think, but it may be enough to make the CoS fold. I don't think they'd risk another Debbie Cook fiasco. I'm afraid the courtroom will be closed on this one though. Monday's will be, which totally sucks. :(

That sucks!!!!! I hope the judge doesn't impose gag orders. I'd even take a self-aggrandizing account of the hearing from Marty.

HoraciotheOT8

Patron with Honors

The laughter within this old f*cking body is so f*cking hard, this old f*cking heart can barely take it.

Am I allowed to say that?

And Fuck it. If not.

Love wins.

Afterall.

Lol.

H

Last edited:

idrizomare

Patron with Honors

If good means cash AND a win for those who seek to expose scientology's abuses.

I'm trying to think of some scientology litgation that has....
I'm not counting cash for silence, cause that is merely a cost of doing business for any criminal conspiracy to defraud the public.

There are many possible good outcomes. Ken Dandar could get out from under his troubles. Information could spill out into the public record. Bad dealings from the past could become publicly known.

I offer Karin Spaink's cases with Scientology as an example of good outcomes.

Scientology's motion to strike mostly follows the line I expected. They say Marty's deposition is mostly hearsay and irrelevant. I don't know if their argument will win. Others on this thread have presented good reasons why it's relevant.

They also go into legal technicalities that a reply brief can't introduce new material (or something like that). They also say his reply is too many pages (!). I have no legal background, so no idea if these technicalities are meaningful.

They also (hilariously) accuse Dandar of trying to extort them. Dandar's email (attached to the motion to strike) says only that he plans to file his reply and the deposition from Marty and restates his offer to settle before doing so. His settlement offer is to void the CSA and dismiss the federal and state cases with prejudice, each party paying their own court costs.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

The Drudge Report is currently linking to this story! :thumbsup:

This is a site which is presently averaging close to 500 visits per SECOND, or, over 40 million every 24 hours, and typically once a story makes it on there it stays up for 2-3 days.

Drudge has recently been linking to Scn related stories on a fairly regular basis. And he also accepts "news tips" as well, if you go to his page and look in the far right column, scroll down until you see "Send News Tips to Drudge". You just type what you want in the box and hit "submit". Just passing this along in case any of you out there ever have some breaking news that you would like to share. :coolwink:
No guarantee he'll go with it but if he does it's like winning the lottery with 40 million hits a day.

Note, that of hundreds of millions of websites on the internet, Drudge is ranked #54 in Washington DC in terms of traffic. Hopefully some politicians and U.S. Attorney Generals are paying attention. :coolwink:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

There are many possible good outcomes. Ken Dandar could get out from under his troubles. Information could spill out into the public record. Bad dealings from the past could become publicly known.

Already has. Heather Hoff was trying hard to get Lisa McPherson to the doctor long before she died and Marty Rathbun destroyed that evidence.

Is Heather still in? Anyone know?

Aside from that, Marty's deposition is in the hands of the public already so even if they can keep his deposition out of the case, it has done its job.

Scientology's motion to strike mostly follows the line I expected. They say Marty's deposition is mostly hearsay and irrelevant. I don't know if their argument will win. Others on this thread have presented good reasons why it's relevant.

They also go into legal technicalities that a reply brief can't introduce new material (or something like that). They also say his reply is too many pages (!). I have no legal background, so no idea if these technicalities are meaningful.

They also (hilariously) accuse Dandar of trying to extort them. Dandar's email (attached to the motion to strike) says only that he plans to file his reply and the deposition from Marty and restates his offer to settle before doing so. His settlement offer is to void the CSA and dismiss the federal and state cases with prejudice, each party paying their own court costs.

I think that motion to strike was practically written the day they received Dandar's email. They knew it was Marty. Did you catch their black PR - saying he ran an "anti-Scientology blog"??! :dieslaughing:

And yeah, how was Dandar's email anything close to extortion?!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

The laughter within this old f*cking body is so f*cking hard, this old f*cking heart can barely take it.

Am I allowed to say that?

And Fuck it. If not.

Love wins.

Afterall.

Lol.

FUCK YEAH!

And FUCK YOU OSA!!!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes you are right, Karin Spaink did very well.

Oh they say that about everyone, however, extortion is the societal province of the sociopath, unless you feel something about terrible acts, you will not show up on an E-meter OR LieDetector as used by Governments
that is how sociopaths always get to the top.

In my 1861 websters dictionary, one of the definitions for "apocalypse" that seems to have been forgotten is,

When all secrets are revealed

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The Drudge Report is currently linking to this story! :thumbsup:

This is a site which is presently averaging close to 500 visits per SECOND, or, over 40 million every 24 hours, and typically once a story makes it on there it stays up for 2-3 days.

Drudge has recently been linking to Scn related stories on a fairly regular basis. And he also accepts "news tips" as well, if you go to his page and look in the far right column, scroll down until you see "Send News Tips to Drudge". You just type what you want in the box and hit "submit". Just passing this along in case any of you out there ever have some breaking news that you would like to share. :coolwink:
No guarantee he'll go with it but if he does it's like winning the lottery with 40 million hits a day.

Note, that of hundreds of millions of websites on the internet, Drudge is ranked #54 in Washington DC in terms of traffic. Hopefully some politicians and U.S. Attorney Generals are paying attention. :coolwink:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

I saw the Drudge mention. I agree with your analysis. In terms of actual eyeballs seeing this, more people read Drudge (2 million people/day) than watch CNN, Headline News, and MSNBC combined. Hell, Drudge gets more viewers than Fox News (1.5 million viewers)

Take a look at the video at the linked news site

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...uit-Scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-death

As per the video clip ... the Cof$ filed suit to have Rathbun's allegations/testimony thrown out. They will probably succeed. Why? Because the corruption is too rampant and it goes too high, therefore the federal judges will close ranks to avoid embarssment and protect their own, regardless if they want to or not. At a minimum, they want to avoid the bad PR that would be bad for all of them. Some may want to get rid of the corruption but would prefer to handle the judges that are bought and paid for quietly. Of course, just like an infection, sunshine and air is a good cure, but, this particular infection will stay covered up and hidden in the dark and will continue to fester.

Pete

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Here is the page about when Bob Minton saw God.

[Edit in brackets, I added some more details]

POSTED 20 APRIL

Excerpt:

Tigger sez: "Arnie, stop doing OSA's work. It's time to take down your "wild speculations". Tigger "

Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 1:56 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When bob percieved that he was running out of choices, was around the time that Moxon was running the criminal prosecution before Judge Shaeffer for criminal perjury.

That case has not been webbed nor discussed

When Moxon rested his case, Bob's lawyer asked for dismissal, [and explained that] because criminal perjury convictions demand that a "witness" affidavit be filed in support of the charges. This is a statutory requirment for conviction for criminal perjury. Moxon screwed up...

Judge Shaeffer held up both hands and said, "You got me, case dismissed"

And bob escaped on a technicallity.

This was Bob's epiphany.

For bob to get convicted of a felony - would make him unable to work - as an investment banker.

Bob called me before his recant. and explained the situation. Which was entirly consistent with his testimony to follow. [in his recant]

I told Bob that it was so very unfortunate, but I understood he was running out of choices. And he was being driven mad by hundreds of hours on the stand and in depositions while those who aspired to replace him pummeled the LMT and all who dared support him psychologically.

And this is what I told Mr. Minton. That

"as long as you are telling God's truth you have my blessing."

re Dandar, I have explained to Ken what my opinions are, as, in my opinion, one cannot win against scientology using lies, especially when the truth will suffice.

The current "truth" is that Luke Lirot is the Attorney of record in the Lisa Mcpherson case, Dandar, having been removed as unreliable.

There is notably no mention of the unsealing of Dandar's deposition in the Federal case before Judge Kovachavich.

Despite my own disdain for Mr Dandar etc, I have continued to support his efforts to nail scientology by providing him with information regarding Scientology's conduct and history that would be germaine to winning the case, esppecially those tidbits that he overlooks. And he has overlooked a lot.

this while trying to protect my freind Bob Minton, who, unlike so many, entered this fray while having a lot to lose.

none of the vitriolic attackers have ever been in front of the scientology litigation big guns. Looking down those double barrels...

I have

[One] of the symptoms of both scientology, evil, and psychosis, is a lack of compassion.

Some, with meagre abilities, or other agendas, would rant endlessly, over and over again, about things they think they understand..

The web pages Tigger mischaracterizes with off colour thread titles were a response to tiggers thousands of posts.

And it has been ironically pleasing to have watched Tigger publicize an unlinked page for me so effectively.

Thank you tigger.

Sincerely

Arnie Lerma

Arnie on NBC Dateline Show: "All this litigation has been about is the pursuit of silence"

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

It tells me that I shouldn't allow [strike]you[/strike] anyone to derail this thread any further by responding to [strike]you[/strike] them beyond this post. :)
Right. That was my point EXACTLY. Glad you got it.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Already has. Heather Hoff was trying hard to get Lisa McPherson to the doctor long before she died and Marty Rathbun destroyed that evidence.

Is Heather still in? Anyone know?

I sent Tory some information and photo links, hoping she will confirm whether what I found is the Heather Hoff she knew from Mace Kingsley and Flag. I'll post info if it's confirmed it's her.

AnonyMary

re:

Motion to Strike Plaintiff's Reply And Examination Under Oath of Mark "Marty" Rathbun

http://markrathbun.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/motion-to-strike-adobe-acrobat-professional.pdf

I am dismayed with Dandar regarding that email ( Exhibit 1 ). What ever made him think CoS would even entertain the idea of getting a state court order voiding the confidential settlement agreement (CSA) from the McPherson case?

Something is not right. I know he says he signed it as counsel for the Estate and family members of Lisa McPherson, and that he is claiming he never signed as a personal party to the contract - so the part about him 'agreeing not to represent anyone again in any case against any Scientology entities' was never agreed to by him personally. But to ask that the whole CSA be voided? The last think the church wants is for anyone to know what they settled for in that case.

So I am a bit shocked that he would ask for this in the email. Unless he really thought he had enough leverage and evidence to put all those crooked politicians, attorneys and judges Marty mentioned, in jail when he wrote that. Even then, it could be construed by the judge hearing this case as extortion.

I expect fireworks at minimum and a strong possibility that Dandar is going to be in more hot water legally because of this. I hope not but this is what I suspect.

AnonyMary

Rathbun hasn't exactly spilled the beans. However, he has placed a few beans on the table. He certainly took his time doing so. Yet, better late then never.

I notice that Tikk had this comment:

"Marty's testimony is somewhat scattered and difficult to pin down, since he's mostly on the fringe of the allegations, not often a direct witness to it. He'd be more helpful to Dandar if he discusses particular ways in which he himself conspired and carried out actions to scuttle Dandar's case."

Still, according to Rathbun, Rinder has, or will be, giving Dandar his testimony, so this is an ongoing situation.

As always, one hopes for the best.

As usual, the comments over at MartyWorld are at enthusiasm on the Tone Scale:

"Marty Rathbun is going to single-handedly take down the cult of Scientology."

Onward with the intra-Scientology war! :happydance:

I think it's important to see all that Tikk stated. Here's to preserviving it on ESMB:

Scientology Accused of Spending Millions to Influence Florida Judges
by Tony Ortega
We asked attorney Scott Pilutik to read Rathbun’s testimony and give us his thoughts…

To start with, let me disclaim that Ken Dandar is a friend and that I worked for Ken in a relatively minor capacity on the Lisa McPherson case. Not that I’m commenting on this to advocate for him, but for credibility reasons I need to put my bias on the table.

You probably don’t need a legal expert to tell you that these are serious allegations, ranging from the outright criminal to serious ethical violations, by lawyers, judges, and whatever manner of political creature Mary Repper can be said to be.

Some of this we’ve heard before, such as Elliot Abelson ordering the destruction of evidence.

But this is the first time we’ve heard of Joan Wood’s lawyer Jeffrey Goodis accepting what would appear to be outright bribes in exchange for what I’m guessing was his agreement to exert pressure on his client Wood to change her cause of death determination. Too bad Wood isn’t around to answer whether Goodis disclosed to her the thousands of dollars in perks he was receiving.

He alleges Wally Pope, Ed Armstrong, and especially Lee Fugate having countless ex parte communications with judges presiding over cases involving Dandar and Scientology. An ex parte communication is when one party to a lawsuit speaks with the judge out of earshot of the opposing party, about the case. The trickiness here is that Marty doesn’t quite allege that an ex parte communication took place about the case because everyone involved was sophisticated enough to recognize that that just isn’t done.

What Marty’s alleging, rather, is a conspiracy to engage in ex parte communications not actually concerning particular cases but nevertheless purposed on influencing those cases’ outcomes. Actually, he alleges that Fugate deliberately communicated with Beach about the case Beach was about to preside over. The response will be, I’m guessing, that these allegations are smoke, that lawyers and judges talk about lots of things, including other lawyers, and that Marty’s allegations need to be far more specific. Oh, and they’ll obviously go into full-metal Marty character assassination mode as well.

Marty implies that Judge Beach actively sought, on Scientology’s behalf, to get assigned to the McPherson case so that Scientology might have better luck than they were having with Judge Schaeffer (which, allegations aside, is precisely what happened). This may be the most serious allegation here.

Marty’s testimony is somewhat scattered and difficult to pin down since he’s mostly on the fringes of the allegations, not often a direct witness to it. He’d be more helpful to Dandar if he discusses particular ways in which he himself conspired and carried out actions to scuttle Dandar’s cases. But the testimony does ring true, at least to anyone who watched it go down at the time or who cares to look now.

The good news for Dandar is that Marty’s testimony supports his civil rights violation complaint, whereas before this Dandar’s complaint was mostly a recitation of the litigation history from the McPherson to Brennan cases. But for the purposes of a motion to dismiss, surely forthcoming, Marty’s testimony must be taken as true, and to the extent that testimony suggests all manner of impropriety and illegality willfully committed by both lawyers and judges in pursuit shutting down cases brought by Dandar-represented plaintiffs, Dandar could, and should survive that motion to dismiss.

Whether Marty’s testimony stands up is another question, but one we’ll hopefully hear answered. Perhaps too Dandar will serve up Rinder’s testimony next? This could certainly use bolstering.

Re: Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...uit-Scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-death

Also this related subject! (All lurkers should be aware of this!:thumbsup:):

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...Purely-To-Distract-Public-from-Lisa-McPherson!

It makes me :bigcry: when I think about how much good could be done for poor people in this world with $30 million dollars!!! :no:

I haz a sad for Lisa and her family...I hope the WHOLE truth will come out and Justice will be done, some day!

guanoloco

As-Wased

I'm waiting for the stuff about Miscavige and Cruise now. He said he was going to hit and now it looks like it's started. Remember his address to OSA video?

Go, go, Marty, go...go...go, go, Marty, go...go...Marty be good!