Crusader
Some moneywhoring going on: here 10 days left GO GO GO

128989725428391142.jpg

$169.00 Raised so far
$500.00 Monthly goal

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
$500 per month is a lot to pay for a server. Is it a commercial server?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Onley started last month when with no time to spare there was a shortage of 46 dollars, Anons are poor or cheap

Well, the world economy is not the greatest right now, but the it begs the questions.. Emma need just over $2,000 to keep ESMB running for another year..

WWP needs $6,000 ($500 a month)? For what? WWP is a shell of what it used to be, that is, until Sue became a mini-dictator & banned a buttload of people he, personally, did not like.

Someone on WWP should challenge him why he needs $6,000 a year..

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Anons used to say that they were NYPA ("Not your personal army") and I think that was a very healthy thing to say. The people who choose to (or need to) be anonymous aren't merely hell-raising, but are taking a stand on something that they believe in.

I'm very glad that Anonymous coalesced and did what it did to Scientology, starting in 2008... but they never were our army. They moved on to other things (and WWP does now promote a lot of other causes besides ending the abuses of L Ron Hubbard)... not all of them things that I agree with. The "Occupy" movement wasn't something I agreed with, particularly: too many young people with unworkable ideals like the loon I saw with a teeshirt that read "Abolish money". Er... wut? But they still wore Guy Fawkes masks - just as the democracy campaigners in China do.

So it's kind of weird. But I think the 'wog' public has learned a lot about the power of anonymity in the last few years, and much of that has been learned from those crazy young people who swarmed up out of nowhere and forced the Scientology Cult to close the blinds and hide. And the beauty of it is... they could do it again, any time. Another Lisa McPherson, and who knows? Not David Mismanage, that's for sure.

So don't write off Anonymous. Just because now you can't see the people that you couldn't name... doesn't mean they're not watching.

I've recently been watching the last days of a corrupt organization. I can't identify them, because it would put me at risk... but I've seen a corrupt leader and a pack of cronies exposed, and their position made untenable by a series of anonymous leaks. (And nothing to do with WWP.)

Scientology was just the first pack of liars to be exposed. The 21st century is going to be... interesting.

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
Why We Protest is developed on XenForo which costs $140 for one licence plus add anything on top of that for services, that’s not per month that is the licence.

They are going through CloudFlare for proxy protection, this could be free or they would be using the business licence which is $200 a month. The only reason they would be using that though is the DDoS mitigation service I would imagine.

So that would leave the hosting price of $300 odd dollars a month.

Jesus that doesn't add up, someone somewhere is getting ripped.

Anonycat

Crusader
Why We Protest is developed on XenForo which costs $140 for one licence plus add anything on top of that for services, that’s not per month that is the licence.

They are going through CloudFlare for proxy protection, this could be free or they would be using the business licence which is $200 a month. The only reason they would be using that though is the DDoS mitigation service I would imagine.

So that would leave the hosting price of $300 odd dollars a month.

Jesus that doesn't add up, someone somewhere is getting ripped.

License - Forum Software: $140 one time fee.

CloudFlare - I use the free version rather than the $20/Month one. DDoSing forums is kind of passe. But, anyway.
That's $20 per month for CloudFlare if you don't use the free version.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
I quit donating over there when it was "enturb". Le took the money and the new server and ran...

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors

The "Pro Plan" at Cloudflare is $20/mo for the first domain, and $5/mo for additional domains. DDoS protection is limited, since Cloudflare only covers http. Attacks via https, or those which used the real IP address (obtainable using an https connection) would be unaffected.

$6k/yr impresses me as excessive.

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
License - Forum Software: $140 one time fee.

CloudFlare - I use the free version rather than the $20/Month one. DDoSing forums is kind of passe. But, anyway.
That's $20 per month for CloudFlare if you don't use the free version.

The "Pro Plan" at Cloudflare is $20/mo for the first domain, and $5/mo for additional domains. DDoS protection is limited, since Cloudflare only covers http. Attacks via https, or those which used the real IP address (obtainable using an https connection) would be unaffected.

$6k/yr impresses me as excessive.

So that is $480 a month on hosting, to me that does seem rather excessive. I would imagine the host must guarantee 99.9% up time with additional services, hopefully breakfasts. A non profit of this type with a $500 monthly bill must cause a wee bit of stress I would imagine.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Right now:

ESMB 55 members 470 guests
WWP 48 members 454 guests

Why do they need such a big server?

AnonKat

Crusader
Right now:

ESMB 55 members 470 guests
WWP 48 members 454 guests

Why do they need such a big server?
You are right Emma.

LET WWP DIE

should cost less or a itty bit above ESMB costs maybe:

Online now: 881 (members: 75, guests: 806)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Whoa!!! I never said to let WWP die. :duh:

I was just curious about the server. Jeeez.

I would hate to see WWP die.