What's new

Keep WWP around at least till February 10th 2013

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think Emma or anyone here wants WWP to die. I certainly don't. It just seems a bit high, $500 a month that is.
There might be some technical reasons I don't know about or may be Sue/mods over there need help personally and that's ok too, if the case.
It's just good to know.

AnonKat

Crusader
I don't think Emma or anyone here wants WWP to die. I certainly don't. It just seems a bit high, $500 a month that is.
There might be some technical reasons I don't know about or may be Sue/mods over there need help personally and that's ok too, if the case.
It's just good to know.

You Sir have a point

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, the world economy is not the greatest right now, but the it begs the questions.. Emma need just over $2,000 to keep ESMB running for another year..

WWP needs $6,000 ($500 a month)? For what? WWP is a shell of what it used to be, that is, until Sue became a mini-dictator & banned a buttload of people he, personally, did not like.

Someone on WWP should challenge him why he needs $6,000 a year..

The price for hosting goes way up when you start running big databases. POWWEB wanted $75 extra a month when my 150 Megabyte .php search engine for Lermanet.com got too big. Huge chatboards run on dozens of machines. Further, I need to translate dollars today into the dollars my mind was calibrated with growing up. $500 a month is like $20 in 1964 or earlier US Silver coins, In fact a gallon of gasoline is still 16 cents a gallon. (in silver dimes)

AnonKat

Crusader
The price for hosting goes way up when you start running big databases. POWWEB wanted $75 extra a month when my 150 Megabyte .php search engine for Lermanet.com got too big. Huge chatboards run on dozens of machines. Further, I need to translate dollars today into the dollars my mind was calibrated with growing up. $500 a month is like $20 in 1964 or earlier US Silver coins, In fact a gallon of gasoline is still 16 cents a gallon. (in silver dimes)

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/500-dollar-running-cost-a-month.106770/

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Part of the reason is this:

Ex Scientologist Message Board StatisticsEx Scientologist Message Board Statistics

Threads 26,578
Posts 744,565
Members 3,801

WWP-Forum Statistics

Discussions: 71,820
Members: 67,717

Server capacity plan is somewhat higher that ESMB's, and wwp usually gets intense traffic when Anonymous is all over the media for some odd reason again.

Another part are the additional costs for the "protective layer", which ESMB doesn't need.

AnonKat

Crusader

Ex Scientologist Message Board StatisticsEx Scientologist Message Board Statistics

Threads 26,578
Posts 744,565
Members 3,801

WWP-Forum Statistics

Server capacity plan is somewhat higher that ESMB's, and wwp usually gets intense traffic when Anonymous is all over the media for some odd reason again.

Another part are the additional costs for the "protective layer", which ESMB doesn't need.

Krautfag Brother than we need to rooth out where this malice came from. Not you but something other sounding German.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Threads 26,578
Posts 744,565
Members 3,801

WWP-Forum Statistics

That makes more sense. Thanks for answering without the hysteria. Much appreciated.

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
That makes more sense. Thanks for answering without the hysteria. Much appreciated.

Very glad to be of service.

btw. whatever happened to the tech subforum you wanted to create the other day?

C'mon, gibe tech forum so us non-scieno techies have a place to throw around uncomprehensive acronyms as well :D

AnonKat

Crusader
Ah...you referred to a song, makes sense now.
And no, I don't want jouw fiets. We have cars these days ^^

LOL China likes your cars best

I did some money whoring again

free of the cult | November 26, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Reply

Something else from PAB 15 – Acceptance Level Processing:

A very thorough and strong warning must be injected here by calling your attention to this apparent law.

THE ONLY THERAPEUTIC FACTOR POSSESSED BY MAN IS HIS OWN SPIRIT.

Rate This

Cat Daddy | November 26, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Reply

“With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”

-Dalai Lama

Rate This

Cat Daddy | November 26, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Reply

“Will not” lies in a grave and “can not” has just passed away.

Dutch proverb

Rate This

Cat Daddy | November 26, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Reply
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Nothing pretty just sharing

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29359-Keep-WWP-around-at-least-till-February-10th-2013

Rate This

Cat Daddy | November 26, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Reply

Please donate. I have weighted the pro and cons. Do your “Enymy” a Solid, have a laugh about it and spot WWP a dollar or two.

Cat Daddy, AnonKat and KittyKatSpanker aprove of this message.

Rate This