What's new

Keep WWP around at least till February 10th 2013

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Anonkat, knock of the "ESMB is not on board" Bullshit on WWP.

There are a lot of people who post to both boards who want both to keep strong. I've donated this month myself. Sue is a good guy whose heart is in the right place.

Anonycat

Crusader
Some of the costs incurred are:

Web application, Database, Email, Search and SSL image proxy servers, automated rolling backup system: averaging $480usd/monthly.

Cloudflare $25usd/monthly

Misc licenses, $60/yearly
Domains $30/yearly
SSL certificate $20/yearly

Note, the monthly goal of $500usd covers these expenses only, contributions towards development, design and other consulting costs are most welcome.

In the case donations exceed the monthly goal, any excesses will be used either as an emergency reserve, or to fund further development of the site.

Thank you for your consideration.

Fantastic transparency.

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
One dollar for every WWP member would be $67,000 a year?

I think if you discount inactive accounts and sock puppets, it drops to a few hundred fairly regular users.

Apparently the high cost of the site is because it's being run on 4 servers rather than 1. Whether that's appropriate, or overkill, I'll leave to the market to sort out.

Anonycat

Crusader
I think if you discount inactive accounts and sock puppets, it drops to a few hundred fairly regular users.

Apparently the high cost of the site is because it's being run on 4 servers rather than 1. Whether that's appropriate, or overkill, I'll leave to the market to sort out.

Why would anyone do that? To make it seem like it need that, to a perspective buyer? ESMB is busier than WWP last I checked, so what's a possible reason to not have the appropriate?

AnonKat

Crusader
Hey Anonkat, knock of the "ESMB is not on board" Bullshit on WWP.

There are a lot of people who post to both boards who want both to keep strong. I've donated this month myself. Sue is a good guy whose heart is in the right place.

Sorry, lets say I was not myself

By the way, thanks.

Cheshirecat

Thanks to everyone for your kind donations. Rather than viewing both WWP and ESMB as competing factions, I'm glad the majority of you are mature enough to be able to see that we are all in this together to achieve a common goal and to support one another. I will be donating generously to ESMB in the future. :)

AnonKat

Crusader
Thanks to everyone for your kind donations. Rather than viewing both WWP and ESMB as competing factions, I'm glad the majority of you are mature enough to be able to see that we are all in this together to achieve a common goal and to support one another. I will be donating generously to ESMB in the future. :)

I%2Bhaz%2Ba%2Bhappee.jpg