What's new

Licorice "Likkie" McKechnie

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
she hasn't been heard from in nearly 20 years

I used to audit some of the ISB members back when.

A few years ago I saw Robin Williamson in concert and we spoke afterwards. He has heard nothing about her in years, nor has Mike Heron.

The last thing they knew was that Likky had gone to Arizona where she had joined in with a group of fellow free spirits. :happydance:

DS

My wife suped the solo Course at ASHO when they came through.

My guess is that if friends and family haven't seen or heard from her in nearly two decades, she has gotten a new body by now.

i ask every now and again, but no one has any sightings

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last heard of playing one of her own songs on Robin's old guitar, that he had given her (the one with all the designs on it).

She went into the Arizona desert. Let's hope she is still there doing the sweetest dance that she can do! Dear Licorice! :kiss:

I know you, through and through
Saw you kiss the flowers for hours and hours
You and all the ones I've known
Shall wear my crown
All of the others
My sisters and brothers
Now that I've found you I love them all the more!

Licorice McKechnie

OHTEEATE

In the Day

A group of students at South Lake Tahoe Mission drove 3 hours to San Francisco to see the ISB in 1972. Palace of Fine Arts Theater. And 3 hours home. It was worth it.
May the long-time Sunshine on you
All love, surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on.

I took my wife to see them at Fillmore West (now the location of a Honda dealership). She had never done drugs. She was a class Vlll, and she was pregnant out to here.

With all the grass being done in the room, we all got good and stoned.

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
As far as I can tell, she doesn't really want to be found, so I'm not going to give away anything about her whereabouts on a public forum, but I'm pretty confident that I've located her. Unless I'm quite mistaken, she's still living in California, and quite content with her obscurity. Hopefully she will find her way here one day.

Reasonable Lady

Patron with Honors
As far as I can tell, she doesn't really want to be found, so I'm not going to give away anything about her whereabouts on a public forum, but I'm pretty confident that I've located her. Unless I'm quite mistaken, she's still living in California, and quite content with her obscurity. Hopefully she will find her way here one day.

Thank you for the news. I hope that all of the members of the ISB are doing well.:rose:

RL

wazn

Patron with Honors
A group of students at South Lake Tahoe Mission drove 3 hours to San Francisco to see the ISB in 1972. Palace of Fine Arts Theater. And 3 hours home. It was worth it.
May the long-time Sunshine on you
All love, surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on.

I was there, too! ISB rocked.

BunnySkull

Bumping this because this woman has never been found and has a sister and nieces still trying to find her.

Is this information you have about her living in obscurity firsthand? From some online and public record searches? I ask because if it's secondhand this is exactly the type of rumor or calming news that the CoS likes to spread to get people to forget about it or stop looking. Not saying that's what's happened here, but it's a possibility. I've done some online searching on her disappearance and the few the conversations or inquiries have basically been stopped or interest faded after someone posts something reflecting the above quote.

I met her back in NYO HGC when I was getting power setups - nice girl. I never met Mike, but I did know Robin and Janet. Still have some of their albums.

Mimsey

Here's one of the songs she performed on:

[video=youtube;gLsugnd2HOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsugnd2HOQ[/video]

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I met her back in NYO HGC when I was getting power setups - nice girl. I never met Mike, but I did know Robin and Janet. Still have some of their albums.

Mimsey

Here's one of the songs she performed on:

[video=youtube;gLsugnd2HOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsugnd2HOQ[/video]

I remember when they performed at the NYO.

It was the only time people ever lined up outside the Martinique Hotel to get in.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I knew Likkie and I knew Suzy Watson-Taylor (who married Mike Heron) very well. OK, 'knew her very well' is an euphimism but what the hell, I'm too old and past caring now. Suzy passed away quite some time ago I'm sad to say, and where Likkie is I've no idea.

Here's a postcard she (Likkie) sent me (and CS) from the 'states in 1969.

likki.jpg

I remember when they performed at the NYO.

It was the only time people ever lined up outside the Martinique Hotel to get in.
NYO also packed the house when John Hammond played there. Len, did you catch their shows at the Fillmore east? They packed that as well. John did the sound track for Little Big Man - one of the all time great movies. Mimsey

[video=youtube;7J1oxkBH18w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J1oxkBH18w[/video]

[video=youtube;xWGAdzn5_KU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGAdzn5_KU[/video]