What's new

Heads-up... major contact of exes going on...

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's from INT in LA. They are having auditors call. It's a total PR reflex, as from
info I've been told, they are saying they aren't necessarily trying to recover,
but want people to just use the tech. Interesting.

I gotta wonder wtf eval went on and how bad things are that they are trying this
tactic. I know it sucks to get calls, but I urge everyone here to remember that
you were once also in, and take a few minutes of your day to speak to the
person on the other side of the phone line and give them a bit of the truth.
Nothing to lose... unless that triggers you too much, then yes... take care of
yourself.

But, exes that are contacted by those still-in and sheltered from media are pretty
much the only chance they might have to hear truth... to hear that life outside
is better, and that OT is a lie.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's from INT in LA. They are having auditors call. It's a total PR reflex, as from

I gotta wonder wtf eval went on and how bad things are that they are trying this
yourself.

But, exes that are contacted by those still-in and sheltered from media are pretty

When I was in California about two years ago there was a campaign like that. I had three auditors call me at home after I had been out and off lines for twenty years. Marilyn Carlson, Pat Bromley, and Barbara Thompkins. I did not call them back after they had left messages. When I was in the SO they were close friends and auditors. However after having left and learned the truth about Scientology on the internet I no longer wanted to have anything to do with it and would have felt "enturbulated". Today I would welcome such a call but I am afraid they all know that I am an SP and too far gone.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was in California about two years ago there was a campaign like that. I had three auditors call me at home after I had been out and off lines for twenty years. Marilyn Carlson, Pat Bromley, and Barbara Thompkins. I did not call them back after they had left messages. When I was in the SO they were close friends and auditors. However after having left and learned the truth about Scientology on the internet I no longer wanted to have anything to do with it and would have felt "enturbulated". Today I would welcome such a call but I am afraid they all know that I am an SP and too far gone.

oh, they are calling SPs and declared folks from what I'm hearing :biggrin: And they are still using INCOMM, so even when someone is 'entheta',they might get several calls from them before the designation is written on the file.... now that we have esmb, we have 'anti-dissemination' tools... and that ROCKS

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Yes, that IS interesting! They are changing their tactics.
(They have already been calling us for awhile to recover us.)

yourself.

I suspect that they are changing their tactics because the previous one has FAILED miserably for at least 2 or 3 years!

If I get contacted again by phone I'll try to do a better job. (I don't know how.)
It's just that I have NO patience for this crap. (Maybe that is my "bad".)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

EX SCN
(phone rings, picks up)
Hello?

PHONE CALLER
Hello, this is Billy Bloughdown from Scientology.

EX SCN
I told you people I never wanted to be
contacted again. What do you want?

PHONE CALLER
Nothing, I am just trying to get in com.

EX SCN
Okay, now you are in com. Unless there is
something else please for the love of God
stop calling me every day!

PHONE CALLER
Well, yes, there is something else. I want to
find out what is needed and wanted.

EX SCN
What is needed and wanted is that you leave
me the hell alone and never contact me again!

PHONE CALLER
I can do that.

EX SCN
Wutttttt? Are you kidding? Is this one
of those tech tricks where you are lying?

PHONE CALLER
No, I promise you I am not lying. I just
need a time I can come to meet you in
person at your home to look over my
NE formula so I can get upgraded.

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
They are calling. I am out since 2002, and they called me around Christmas. I am in their do not call list as I requested it. The person has ignored that I asked them to not receive any call or promo. The caller said that she was going to make a note of it, and sent me promo.
I called them, and said I am not interested in any thing, because I am a suppressive person, and not interested in the scam that they are. So far, I have not received more promo.

Anonycat

Crusader

Same here. I know someone in California who had left decades ago (still gets junk mail) and they showed up at their doorstep!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

EX SCN
(phone rings, picks up)
Hello?

PHONE CALLER
Hello, this is Billy Bloughdown from Scientology.

EX SCN
I told you people I never wanted to be
contacted again. What do you want?

PHONE CALLER
Nothing, I am just trying to get in com.

EX SCN
Okay, now you are in com. Unless there is
something else please for the love of God
stop calling me every day!

PHONE CALLER
Well, yes, there is something else. I want to
find out what is needed and wanted.

EX SCN
What is needed and wanted is that you leave
me the hell alone and never contact me again!

PHONE CALLER
I can do that.

EX SCN
Wutttttt? Are you kidding? Is this one
of those tech tricks where you are lying?

PHONE CALLER
No, I promise you I am not lying. I just
need a time I can come to meet you in
person at your home to look over my
NE formula so I can get upgraded.

That is not what they say to me on the phone but your post IS amusing. :biggrin:

Basically, they want to know about ARC break stuff (which I don't answer... I just tell them to STOP CALLING)
and they say that the Missions (way back then) were "squirreling" or "out tech" (which I don't give a damn about, one way or the other).

Anyway, I haven't had any phone calls for quite awhile.
However, ASHO, AOLA, and IAS have my new address (I get junk mail from them) even though I left NO forwarding address with the U.S. snail mail.

They are definitely persistent little buggers (just like the old days... when I was one of them).

:
It's desperate alright!

And never before has it been so dangerous for them, when more and more exes want to
do a bit of reality adjustment for the culties.
I am wondering if the auditors who have to call out are now at the point where they will
be happy to call out because they can hear the truth and not be blamed for it because their
seniors made them do it! Srsly.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had a nightmare last night again, where I was somehow back on staff again, despite of being a known SP, and I had to handle 80 KR's and keep auditing regardless. :no:
There was more nonsense, if one can imagine that. It was the happiest moment - me waking up, realizing it's just a bad fukin dream and I slept too long on my left arm. :biggrin:
Definition of relief. :yes:

So No.

Orion

I got called about 2-3 years ago despite being declared over a decade ago.

Anyway, If you know how the scientology borg collective runs their "Central Files" you know why this happens. Your status (actually the paper folder with your name, contact info and letters in/out) needs to be updated at every Mission and Org you have ever been in. It takes a while for all your folders to get red-tagged and moved to the basement drawers that belongs to "ethics". This is an after effect from a change in COS policy where SP declares are no longer widely published or distributed. I have been in all-hands cycles where you would contact everyone in CF ... usually when the stats crash.

Good twin

Floater
I hope I get called. I miss my friends. I am willing to speak freely with them. I think they still like me even though they think I'm wrong headed. I see this as an opportunity to turn the tide in a huge way. It could be a major footbullet for the cult.

Allowing members to talk to SPs? Especially informed SPs actively criticizing the cult?

Desperate Dwarf is desperate.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Over the past decade, bits of Scientology have been repackaged and re-released at such a frantic rate, that it's becoming impossible for even the most gung-ho to keep up. With all the extra things to be milked for and with well known people publicly departing, it cannot be fun working in the Church at the moment. How much longer can they stay "static" for?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

yourself.

I had been OUT since 1978, I was contacted by - an FSM, well known guy, but name will come to me after the edit time for this post expires...who said there was an OT recovery tour coming to DC and did I want a free session...

1990 or 91 I think it was.. I went in for the free OT review session, they had some lovely gal as auditor, afterwards the reg suggested I sell my home to buy more auditing. That pissed me off in a huge way. Shortly after that I started reading the net...

So perhaps this is a good thing?

Above image from the Washington Post 1994:

"ENFORCING "TRUTH"
How the Scientologists try to
impose their version of the truth
on members, defectors---and on
journalists." LINK

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hope they call! I will ask lots of questions and get them thinking...increase their doubt!! :coolwink: Project "Destroy Scientology" and help others go free!! That is what I am all about!!

They can call and call and call....GAME ON!!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I had a nightmare last night again, where I was somehow back on staff again, despite of being a known SP, and I had to handle 80 KR's and keep auditing regardless. :no:
There was more nonsense, if one can imagine that. Oh, believe me I can totally imagine that! It was the happiest moment - me waking up, realizing it's just a bad fukin dream and I slept too long on my left arm. I'd give a million left arms falling asleep rather than be in the cult :biggrin:
Definition of relief. :yes:

So No.

Fortunately to my knowledge I haven't gotten calls recently, yet. :biggrin: I thank the baby lord hay-suess that I have caller I.D. I have an iron clad rule to never answer the phone if it says "private number", "caller unknown", an 800 toll free number or the number is is not recognizable or not known to me. I'm not good with talking with scilons. My nerves get the best of me and I fear I would go into a psychotic break whilst trying to talk with one.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
If or when anyone gets a call, you can give them my number and tell them if they want to know why you won't speak to them that they can ask Arnie Lerma @ 847-834-4536 who would just love to explain a few things to them. (And I bet they never call you again)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I've gotten those calls that go " I see your OT blah blah & a class blah blah auditor..."

And it varies from a sweet young lady that sounds well meaning ( to whom I am polite ) all the way to a very gruff horsey broad ( that I try my best to ruin her day ).

Either they me in their HGC as an auditor or want to give me a " Free session '. I am about tired of hearing that line. I don't know why they can't figure out that IF I wanted a session I would have already done it solo.

Seems the same to me that it always was in that there are some well meaning people & there are some nasty ones, a few bright ones mixed in with all the rest, too. Just the way of the world it seems.

Some days I'll play with 'em when they call & other days they can leave a message.

Lately, I let 'em talk to the machine