What's new

COS sued for fraud

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Watch David Miscavige frantically opening Super Power building for public tours this week, or some such.

slimjim

Patron with Honors
I doubt that anything Miscavage now does will help him, because it is after the fact of the lawsuit. It will be entertaining to watch though.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
What is actually really really REALLY good about this lawsuit, that if they win, it proves fraud, and it will expose the fact that in fact, this is a money grabbing operation, and not a church.

Once this is established, it will be much easier to instigate other types of lawsuits and win them, since it will have been proven this is not a church but a fraudulent organization. So once the fraud has been established, the floodgates are open to other suits like human traficking etc.

I am rooting for this case SO HARD!!!!

If I had money I'd invest in popcorn.

And RICO. Perhaps Graham Barry could help somehow.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Then Tommy Davis and Jessica Rodriguez took Larry Anderson in a room and tried to bully him into not asking for his money back. (The conversation was recorded and can be found on YouTube.) Bad idea.

Here's the link to the Larry Anderson audio excerpts from his meeting with Tommy Davis & Jessica Rodriguez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAvUzQFsG4

Well-worth a listen to all 3 parts -- if only to hear for oneself how TD evolves from thinking he's got Mr. Anderson under his thumb to the end when he realizes his thumb isn't big enough to do anything but hitch a ride out of there.

JB.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip standard Veda awesome> . . . (Lower level "Missions" were more relaxed but were also subject to "stat pushes." "Missions" were expected to be productive "feeders" of "public" into "upper Orgs." After the FBI raids of July 1977, and the court ordered revealing of the Commodore's secret "dirty tricks" instructions and plans, the Commodore became aware that some of the top people in the "Missions" had, now, seen some of these previously secret instructions. The Commodore also became preoccupied with the idea that the more successful "Mission holders" had expensive properties and large bank accounts, and felt that these should be his. This, ultimately, resulted in the looting of the "Missions," in the early 1980s, by the Commodore's henchmen. However, in the early 1970s, "Missions" were tolerated as the primary sources of new "public" for Scientology) . . . <snip> . . .

Without a doubt, the FBI raid exposed much of L Ron Hubbard's hidden data line and as members of his criminal gang were rounded up would certainly have put the frighteners on him, big time. I'm not sure, however, the raids and resulting fall out "ultimately" resulted in L Ron Hubbard giving instructions to commence looting the "Missions".

In something of a "perfect storm", Scientology was also on trial for fraud and as that case progressed L Ron Hubbard was found to be personally liable because the Mission of Davis was working as his agent. - (As an aside, and speaking of "fun times" in Scientology "back in the day", stories of Julie Christofferson Titchbourne's experiences in the cult make for interesting reading.) - I suggest it was this exposure to claims of fraud which had a larger contribution to L Ron Hubbard's instructions to loot the Missions rather than the FBI raids. The FBI raids, it seems to me, were the major contributing factor in L Ron Hubbard's increasingly draconian machinations to secure religious cloaking. Of course, that wasn't ultimately achieved until 1993 - ( thanks Marty, wanna tell us about it sometime?) - but the late 70s were when things started in earnest. And, of course, there was also the IRS wog-style audit of Scientology between 1970 and 1974.

Just to keep on topic here, I love how the plan now is to use a similar tactic to dismantle the cult as was employed against the IRS to get tax exemption. From the Tampa Bay times video linked to above, Garcia's lawyer says he expects that hundreds of other people will be filing similar suits against Scientology. With a bit of luck and a fair wind at their backs, perhaps that number could swell into the thousands. Well . . . fingers crossed anyway. I guess its about time for David Miscavige to go "off lines", just like Ole Fatso did "back in the day". Now, who could possibly be in a position to replace him?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Childs and Tobin with Tampa Bay Times are in:

Couple's lawsuit accuses Church of Scientology of fraud, deception.

Watch the kick-ass video: http://bcove.me/mrsp8dpi More than 8 minutes long.

2gum9tl.png

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...rch-of-scientology-of-fraud-deception/1271893

They are going to depose David Miscavige, as a first priority. The shit is getting real. More real than Debbie Cook affair.

At this point, I won't be surprised if the Super Power Building will miraculously open tomorrow or by next Thursday. Seriously.

And it's still January. 2013 - off we go!!! :coolwink: :) :rock:

Oh my! I've just watched this video and I LOVE that they talk in no uncertain terms about deposing Miscavige. At the very end there is a comment about this and Luis's look at the camera says it all.

BardoThodol

Wonder if the billion dollar tax bill becomes due after breach of contract with the IRS.

Oh no! How will Davey pay for his handmade John Lobbs?

And what about the plastic surgery he'll soon be needing? Despite his boyish appearance, he's really looking OLD!

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I bet they have Superpower opened within a week now!:yes:
All hands on deck...emergency operation.....donations urgently needed!:omg:

BardoThodol

I never knew anyone who was involved in Scientology because it was "fun."

I did. I thought being involved was fun. Had a lot of fun experiences, had a lot of laughs, met a lot of great people, got laid a bunch. And most of the people I hung out with were having a great time because we were mostly on the fringes. We weren't deep in the onion crying our eyes out.

Maybe because having fun and enjoying life was a criteria, it helped me leave earlier than most when I looked at how "unfun" the core of Scientology was, the near Nazi-like mentality of the Sea Org. I asked myself, "what would a world dominated by Scientologists really be like if the Sea Org exemplifies it's highest ideals?"

Maybe "involved" has degrees. Being deeply involved, completely immersed in KSW might have been miserable, but just taking courses and hanging out with others actually was fun.

As a comparison, being involved in the Vietnam war was historically miserable. However, we had a lot of fun. Lots of whores. Lots of drugs. But, there were those other times when it wasn't fun at all.

Another comparison is work environments, where the rules are oppressive but not enforced. You can have a lot of fun in a work environment which has stringent rules when you're ignoring the rules.

What Hubbard wrote and what people did didn't always mesh.

Each of us had different experiences, so each of us defines the Scientology experience differently. It's not my place to tell someone if they had fun or were miserable just because the historical perspective of an event makes certain claims--valid or not. Life is faaaaaarrrrrrrr more complex than that.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Oh my! I've just watched this video and I LOVE that they talk in no uncertain terms about deposing Miscavige. At the very end there is a comment about this and Luis's look at the camera says it all.

Yes, he is a trailblazer alright. The cult made a big mistake when they screwed him over. Some people you just shouldn't f--k with.

The-mouse-that-roared.jpg

Div6

Crusader
Childs and Tobin with Tampa Bay Times are in:

Couple's lawsuit accuses Church of Scientology of fraud, deception.

Watch the kick-ass video: http://bcove.me/mrsp8dpi More than 8 minutes long.

2gum9tl.png

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...rch-of-scientology-of-fraud-deception/1271893

They are going to depose David Miscavige, as a first priority. The shit is getting real. More real than Debbie Cook affair.

At this point, I won't be surprised if the Super Power Building will miraculously open tomorrow or by next Thursday. Seriously.

And it's still January. 2013 - off we go!!! :coolwink: :) :rock:

Gotta love the strat.....DM is extremely allergic to Depositions. If it gets beyond Summary Judgement, he is toast.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
Cool. scn is hitting the mainstream! Just like they always wanted!

lol, I get home from work last night, fire up the home page, which is just a text list of news and such in various cats and the top story at nbc is scn is getting sued.
And this morning the story is hanging on, in a list of just 5 headlines it's fallen a couple notches. But hanging on. I've never looked in to why some stories hang and some fall away quickly.

It might be a good time for the ot's to start knocking off hats at 50 ft or yards, however it is that old quote goes.

Seems they need a little bit of concrete proof at this time.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't wait to see what the Cof$ (DM) PR response strategy is gonna be on this one.:drama:

So far, the strategy re: Going Clear is, "Wright has got it all wrong...That's not where we hid those corpses." :dieslaughing:

Face:)

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Santa Clara, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Los Gatos, in northern California (San Francisco Bay Area) were not in it for the money when I was there 1968-1976 inclusive. Auditing was $25-35 an hour. Most of the auditors were class Vl or Vlll and very good. When I went to LA to go clear in May of 1971, I was warned to look out for the Sea Org cognition. When I had it, and wanted to join Ron and the Sea Org, I just told myself I was crazy for a couple of days, and it went away.

Scientology was fun back then. We had huge parties quite often. On Sundays there were entertainers (singers, comedians, musicians) and talks that pulled huge crowds every Sunday. no crush regging. Probably most of the San Francisco Forty Niners, their ownership, Stanford and San Jose State professors galore, very successful business men and women (Mervin Morris - Mervyn's department stores for instance), NSA, DOD, CIA, SRI people from the remote viewing project, a couple of Heisman Trophy winners, some mafia folk, an astronaut who had walked on the moon (Ed Mitchell), a psychiatrist, several psychologists. The list just goes on. One young class Vlll went on to become a movie and TV star and is now a producer.

It was results that brought all those people together. Dianetics - Book One to start. Lives were changed quickly and for the better.

And as a highly trained Class Nine auditor asks the PC (with TR's in, mind you):

"How does it seem to you now?"
:omg:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

This ^ is fair warning for any "lurkers" out there that are REGGES! Hy Levy is DEAD! I believe his "criminal life" inside Scientology killed him! You have been warned - GET OUT!!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I read that earlier tonight.

After reading that article, I am wondering how they are going to prove misappropriation of funds in a court of law.

The law has the "tech" to prove misappropriation of funds! This is how it works:

"Show us your books"! "We would like to see how you have spent the parishioner's money."

"David Miscavige - do you have a personal chef that prepares 5 meals daily, 2 choices of entrees for each meal? Can you give us a list of the vehicles you drive, make and model? Can you describe your home at the Int Base? Do you have final authority over how money is spent in Scientology? Did you order Sea Org members to get donations in the "ethics department" at the Fraud Scam Base? Did you spend $20 million dollars on hiring private investigator's to follow Pat Broeker? Did you ever sue someone who spoke out against your "church" and harass them to shut them up?"

It is called "DISCOVERY" and there is a very specific TECH applied that L Con Hubbard never suspected would come back at him and his CULT!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

This enfilade of law suits stands to be the greatest series of deathblows Scientology has ever been hit with.

Infinitely greater than the FBI raids, or any other in the church's history, by simple reason of the fact that none of the previous ones backed Scientology into the densely populated minefield of lies which were laid by the cult themselves. In Judo-like fashion, it leverages the decades of fraudulent lies (Scientology's greatest strength) against against the con game's foundation--money.

Sending Mary Sue and top level Scientologists to federal prison did not endanger the cult's money.

Hubbard's death did not endanger the cult's money. Neither did the torrent of protests, exposes and allegations about imprisonment, terrorism and beatings at the hands of Miscavige.

But, this action, in the hands of that law firm has finally leveled the playing field.

The international bank accounts and bank officers cannot be suborned to perjury or tampering with the hard evidence of banking records the same way that the vulnerable lone coroner was compromised in the death of Lisa McPherson.

What is being examined here is hard bank records vs. provable and wide scale lying by the cult.

This litigation could well cost the cult hundreds of millions of dollars, or more, when punitive damages are calculated and assessed. Add to that the devastating PR damage and virtual shutdown of new pcs and we have what L. Ron Hubbard called "an effective blow".

Prediction: Miscavige's first street-level response will be to try and make this all go away with "dirty tricks" and PIs and a full scale black-ops assault on the plaintive lawyers leading the charge. This will fail miserably.

Cult lawyers will be advising to settle the matter at all costs to preserve what assets are possible.

Miscavige's next impulse, when besieged by fail in all directions, is to cook up a new scheme to pay this billion dollar liability off WITHOUT TOUCHING HIS PRECIOUS CASH RESERVES. One wonders if a new fund raising drive will be embarked on or whether he will simply sell real estate and consolidate operations into an off-shore safe haven.

Simply put, there is no escape on this one.

Fraud is fraud and it doesn't go away by picking through someone's trash or killing their pet.