What's new

Did LRH admit he failed?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is kinda big, so even though I brought it up on other threads, I think it should have its own thread.

Stephen Pfauth (known as "Sarge") was with LRH at the end right before he died.

In Lawrence Wright's book, page 364, he quotes Sarge as saying:

"He wanted to drop the body and leave. And he told me basically that he'd failed. All the work and everything, he'd failed."

I would think that even the most indoctrinated true believer would have to ask (if this story is true, and I believe it is): If LRH the great OT, admitted he failed, what chance is there for any lesser being?

I've been reading Marty's blog and I try to keep up with the comments, but I don't think any of them want to go near this issue.

I would love to see a video interview with Sarge, where he tells more about that era, and more about this issue. Sarge is the same one who gave Marty several warm and fuzzy stories about LRH that were posted on the blog in the last couple years. This story is a bit more explosive.

I don't post on Marty's blog or have contacts with the Independents. Maybe someone here does?

I hope this opportunity does not get brushed aside.

This is kinda big, so even though I brought it up on other threads, I think it should have its own thread.

Stephen Pfauth (known as "Sarge") was with LRH at the end right before he died.

In Lawrence Wright's book, page 364, he quotes Sarge as saying:

"He wanted to drop the body and leave. And he told me basically that he'd failed. All the work and everything, he'd failed."

I would think that even the most indoctrinated true believer would have to ask (if this story is true, and I believe it is): If LRH the great OT, admitted he failed, what chance is there for any lesser being?

I've been reading Marty's blog and I try to keep up with the comments, but I don't think any of them want to go near this issue.

I would love to see a video interview with Sarge, where he tells more about that era, and more about this issue. Sarge is the same one who gave Marty several warm and fuzzy stories about LRH that were posted on the blog in the last couple years. This story is a bit more explosive.

I don't post on Marty's blog or have contacts with the Independents. Maybe someone here does?

i wonder what he meant by thinking he failed...

i'm neither indoctrinated nor a true believer but i think ron did produce great and enduring value

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, El Con Hubbard did not exactly issue a policy letter stating that he was a complete and utter failure at life, Scientology, as a man, as an OAT TEE, as a husband (three times), as a father and as a GOD! Total Failure was the result of his life!

El Con did basically let some know the truth - by his ACTIONS ~
Hiding in a trailer from the Law ~ changing his name and wearing a disguise...

He did answer the question ~ YES - he admited he failed!!

There were some people in scientology that are still alive today (David Miscavige) that KNEW Hubbard failed - but they had no where else to go...so they kept the CON alive!

Now David Miscavige has become a TOTAL FAILURE!!

WHOSE NEXT?? Who will replace him?

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

The enhanced ebook version of the Lawrence Wright book has some video of Sarge's interview. It only works on iPads and iPhones, not on Kindles or other readers (except the Nook).
I haven't seen it yet but it would be great if someone could repost the extra video and audio.

I agree. This is a huge development for Indies and those still in.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
i wonder what he meant by thinking he failed...

i'm neither indoctrinated nor a true believer but i think ron did produce great and enduring value

There's a little more information in the book, I didn't want to post all the paragraphs. I recommend getting the book and reading it.

But Sarge apparently mentions something about LRH wanting to drop the body and go and circle some star, to get rehabbed. Also something about Sarge making him a Tesla type machine to try to blast away a BT that was bothering him.

My gut feeling is that LRH was not in good shape when he finally checked out, for whatever reasons. He may have pulled together some material that some people find helpful, but I think he probably did admit failing to go "totally free" as a spirit.

If you personally witness someone who is supposed to be at the top of the Bridge, and you think they at least tried to do everything right, and all you see is an aging person who is going to die and has the same body problems as other old people, and doesn't appear uptone and happy to be alive, it does make you question a bit.

I witnessed this personally in several OT 8's. I would guess LRH was no different.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The enhanced ebook version of the Lawrence Wright book has some video of Sarge's interview. It only works on iPads and iPhones, not on Kindles or other readers (except the Nook).
I haven't seen it yet but it would be great if someone could repost the extra video and audio.

I agree. This is a huge development for Indies and those still in.

That's what I'm hoping for, thanks!

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
e
Well, El Con Hubbard did not exactly issue a policy letter stating that he was a complete and utter failure at life, Scientology, as a man, as an OAT TEE, as a husband (three times), as a father and as a GOD! Total Failure was the result of his life!

El Con did basically let some know the truth - by his ACTIONS ~
Hiding in a trailer from the Law ~ changing his name and wearing a disguise...

He did answer the question ~ YES - he admited he failed!!

There were some people in scientology that are still alive today (David Miscavige) that KNEW Hubbard failed - but they had no where else to go...so they kept the CON alive!

Now David Miscavige has become a TOTAL FAILURE!!

WHOSE NEXT?? Who will replace him?

I think Marty realizes that he will be the next total failure if he were to step into those shoes. So he is madly trying to change the program. Of course, he's got to come up with a new name. He can't call it Scientology. I bet he's surveying names as we speak, LOL!

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I would love to see a video interview with Sarge, where he tells more about that era, and more about this issue.

Yes, if anyone can post more about this, that would be great! Video or comments.

I have the physical book already.

Marty and Mike, the two who would unquestionably know much more about all of this, or at least something more, are quiet on the subject.

When the subject is brought up, instead of defending LRH and offering a rebuttal (LRH was healthy and strong, fully OT in capability, and clearly died causatively), they remain 100% mum about it. The silence is deafening, as they say.

Crickets.

Their silence and reluctance to defend the issue, especially since Sarge is in their camp and a close friend, is the total confirmation that what Sarge said is honest and true. (I never doubted it.)

This whole issue was brought up on Marty's blog in the weeks before Wright's book came out. One poster had a bit of prior knowledge of what was going to come out in Wright's book. He/she taunted Marty and others on the blog to read the parts that would be revealed about LRH's death and for M&M to come clean about it.

M&M were silent.

The same poster brought up the passages directly after the book came out, highlighting Sarge's contribution to the book and his closeness to the blog.

M&M remained silent.

You had your chance, boys.

If I had a good friend who was being besmirched like that or slighted about his death, I would at least defend him. I wouldn't be silent. :yes:

Sadly, their silence is your answer about Sarge's comments. M&M may not understand or appreciate that significance . . . as yet.

(If I were a trained CS, I'd circle in red as a "hot button" in their blog's folder.) :coolwink:

Last edited:
... This whole issue was brought up on Marty's blog in the weeks before Wright's book came out. One poster had a bit of prior knowledge of what was going to come out in the Wright book. He/she taunted Marty and others on the blog to read the parts that would be revealed about LRH's death and for M&M to come clean about it.

M&M were silent.

The same poster brought up the passages directly after the book came out, highlighting Sarge's book contribution and closeness to the blog.

M&M remain silent. ...

Got a link to those posts? Not that I question your account but it would serve as a good reference for those who wish to read the exchange. Wading through MR's blog can be a hassle. Best to do it once and leave a direct link for others to follow.

Mark A. Baker

Strangely enough it doesn't work with Kindles, just iOS devices or the Nook.

It's not strange, it's called 'proprietary software' and "digital rights management'. It's a deliberately imposed commercial bar to a people's ability to freely communicate, established to put an artificial cost upon and the ability to control for commercial purposes the free flow of information. As such it is an abomination.

Mark A. Baker

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
My bad. :unsure:

Marty did make an official public statement on his blog earlier today.

"Could someone get hold of Sarge and ask him . . ."

martyrathbun09 | January 28, 2013 at 11:14 am

I already did. It will be afforded the
full context L. Ron Hubbard deserves.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve Posted, in fragments here and there, most all of the following overall Take re: the Sarge revelations in Going Clear.

Wright already knew about the “BT Blaster” story and used that knowledge to prompt Sarge.

Sarge answered with the particulars and the “I failed” vignette.

There is probably more to this Story that either Sarge self-edited and did not relate, or Wright chose not to include or pursue.

The “I failed” is, unfortunately, yet another Hubbard attributed sweeping statement that is open to interpretation, debate and opinion and begs full context.

Having known and interacted with Hisself and Sarge, it is my opinion that the attributed statement, “I failed…” could be interpreted as:

I failed to get rid of all my BT’s.

I failed to “make It” re: OT, etc.

I failed to destroy all of “Them” that reviled me.

I failed to get all of the World’s dough and everyone under my spell and control.

I failed to get Scn to be what I dreamed and promised it would be.

I failed to make my Illusions (delusions) Reality.

I failed to be hailed and recognized by the World and all of “Them” as the greatest genius, philosopher and human being to ever walk the earth.

I failed at not being found out.

I’m using this throwaway line on you, Sarge, so that you feel sorry for me and will gush forth with protestations that I achieved miracles and will be given my full due someday.

A combination of any or all of the above.

Face:)

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve Posted, in fragments here and there, most all of the following overall Take re: the Sarge revelations in Going Clear.

Wright already knew about the “BT Blaster” story and used that knowledge to prompt Sarge.

Sarge answered with the particulars and the “I failed” vignette.

There is probably more to this Story that either Sarge self-edited and did not relate, or Wright chose not to include or pursue.

The “I failed” is, unfortunately, yet another Hubbard attributed sweeping statement that is open to interpretation, debate and opinion and begs full context.

Having known and interacted with Hisself and Sarge, it is my opinion that the attributed statement, “I failed…” could be interpreted as:

I failed to get rid of all my BT’s.

I failed to “make It” re: OT, etc.

I failed to destroy all of “Them” that reviled me.

I failed to get all of the World’s dough and everyone under my spell and control.

I failed to get Scn to be what I dreamed and promised it would be.

I failed to make my Illusions (delusions) Reality.

I failed to be hailed and recognized by the World and all of “Them” as the greatest genius, philosopher and human being to ever walk the earth.

I failed at not being found out.

I’m using this throwaway line on you, Sarge, so that you feel sorry for me and will gush forth with protestations that I achieved miracles and will be given my full due someday.

A combination of any or all of the above.

Face:)

It does make for a remarkably convenient 'proof' of ron's fundamentally humble character if a person chooses to see it that way. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
My bad. :unsure:

Marty did make an official public statement on his blog earlier today.

"Could someone get hold of Sarge and ask him . . ."

martyrathbun09 | January 28, 2013 at 11:14 am

I already did. It will be afforded the
full context L. Ron Hubbard deserves.

I rest easy knowing that Marty, The Just & Honest will yet again facillitate the revelation of the "Full Context" El Ron deserves.:unsure:

Face:whistling:

Last edited:
There's a little more information in the book, I didn't want to post all the paragraphs. I recommend getting the book and reading it.

But Sarge apparently mentions something about LRH wanting to drop the body and go and circle some star, to get rehabbed. Also something about Sarge making him a Tesla type machine to try to blast away a BT that was bothering him.

My gut feeling is that LRH was not in good shape when he finally checked out, for whatever reasons. He may have pulled together some material that some people find helpful, but I think he probably did admit failing to go "totally free" as a spirit.

If you personally witness someone who is supposed to be at the top of the Bridge, and you think they at least tried to do everything right, and all you see is an aging person who is going to die and has the same body problems as other old people, and doesn't appear uptone and happy to be alive, it does make you question a bit.

I witnessed this personally in several OT 8's. I would guess LRH was no different.

yeah...

holding on to such an idea as the planet helatrobus into the final act is not reccommended

on the other hand, my experience as an auditor served me in tremendous stead when i was tending my best friend as he died of cancer. i've written it up on this board before and will again soon as i get the laptop div 6 gave me for xmas online

it's the basic concepts of dianetics, scientology and auditing that are sound. and i use them melding their mind/knowledge/spirit matrix with the heart/wisdom/soul of the judeochristian