What's new

Belgium To Prosecute Scientology As Criminal Organization; Church Faces Charges Of Ex

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Belgium To Prosecute Scientology As Criminal Organization; Church Faces Charges O

The more bumps the better. Danke wel AnonKat. :)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Belgium To Prosecute Scientology As Criminal Organization; Church Faces Charges O

:bump2::thumbsup::clap::yes:

tetloj

Wow! It's a busy month when thing like this go under the radar.

AnonKat

Crusader

Wow! It's a busy month when thing like this go under the radar.

You are right one should go "BOOM BABY!!" (quote Rick Savage, ex american wrestler and current owner of an artifact recovery bussines) about this.

CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION so why are people so docile about this ?

Jump

Operating teatime

Scientologists 'facing fraud and extortion charges in Belgium after police probe into criminal organisation'

* 'Illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion charges' have been drawn up against the Church and two senior executives

* Offices in Belgium, where it is considered a 'cult' have been raided

* It comes after 15 year investigation into Scientology by authorities

According to De Standaard, raids on Scientology offices in Belgium allegedly revealed evidence that the group had spied on and extorted money from converts.

In February, an appeals court upheld fraud charges and a £490,000 fine against the Church of Scientology in France for convincing recruits to pay large sums for fake personality tests and cures.

Scientology, which has many famous members including Hollywood actors John Travolta and Tom Cruise, is considered a 'cult' in many European countries.
While it is regarded as a religion in the United States, Italy and Spain, it is not recognised as a church in other European countries such as France, Germany, Belgium and Britain.

Mail Online UK Read more:

secretiveoldfag

Dear Kat

We are all thrilled to bits, honestly. But Belgium v. Scientology is still only at the paperwork phase after how many - nine? - years of preparation. This is not a court-room drama - not yet. But I hope it doesn't take another nine years to get to a judgment.

I agree that this case is important. It may be the most important case evar at national level. It's major. The outcome will be major. Belgium might be able to show the rest of Europe how to get rid of these pests. It might even dent their image in the US of A.

:begging:

Purple Rain

Crusader

Scientologists 'facing fraud and extortion charges in Belgium after police probe into criminal organisation'

* 'Illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion charges' have been drawn up against the Church and two senior executives

* Offices in Belgium, where it is considered a 'cult' have been raided

* It comes after 15 year investigation into Scientology by authorities

According to De Standaard, raids on Scientology offices in Belgium allegedly revealed evidence that the group had spied on and extorted money from converts.

In February, an appeals court upheld fraud charges and a £490,000 fine against the Church of Scientology in France for convincing recruits to pay large sums for fake personality tests and cures.

Scientology, which has many famous members including Hollywood actors John Travolta and Tom Cruise, is considered a 'cult' in many European countries.
While it is regarded as a religion in the United States, Italy and Spain, it is not recognised as a church in other European countries such as France, Germany, Belgium and Britain.

Mail Online UK Read more:

Lol, I love this line!!

The Church of Scientology was set up in Belgium in 1974 and it now has 500 members

Oh, my goodness! 500 whole members after nearly forty years. Mike Ferriss, the opinionated OSA twit whose Crikey comment alleged the popularity of Scientology has obviously never been to Belgium. Or New Zealand... oh wait! Lol!

Torres

Lol, I love this line!!

Oh, my goodness! 500 whole members after nearly forty years. Mike Ferriss, the opinionated OSA twit whose Crikey comment alleged the popularity of Scientology has obviously never been to Belgium. Or New Zealand... oh wait! Lol!

Well, Belgium is pretty small, so 500 members there is the equivalent of 16,000 in the US.
does the co$ have that many active members in the States? ;-)

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Well, Belgium is pretty small, so 500 members there is the equivalent of 16,000 in the US.

500 is what they are CLAIMING in Belgium,

This is the same organization that claims it has 10 million members worldwide....

I would be surprised if they could must 130 members on a good day offering free beer and pommes-frites.

16,000 in the US? If they included family members of churchies who have taken a comm course because they got bullied into it by some div 6 person and the children of churchies who have not actually disconnected - then - maybe they could almost total it up to 16 K.

Anonycat

Crusader

500 is what they are CLAIMING in Belgium,

This is the same organization that claims it has 10 million members worldwide....

I would be surprised if they could must 130 members on a good day offering free beer and pommes-frites.

16,000 in the US? If they included family members of churchies who have taken a comm course because they got bullied into it by some div 6 person and the children of churchies who have not actually disconnected - then - maybe they could almost total it up to 16 K.

I greatly doubt the 500 figure too. In the statistics, sci didn't even show up: http://www.nationmaster.com/red/country/be-belgium/rel-religion&all=1

In the CIA's World Book, they also did not list the existence of sci in Belgium: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/countrytemplate_be.html

Osiris

Patron with Honors

The Criminality of the Scientology Practices can be seen clearly by Countries that do do not recognize Scientology as a religion.....

The sooner Scientology is not Recognized as a Religion in other Countries the Better....

It is not a Religion, or a Church, it is a Business, & a Scam Business .....

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

The investigation has been going on for several years now – I remember hearing about it when I was still in The Cult and asked a question about it to the DSA around 2007. The answer that I got confirmed that the CoS in Belgium was under investigation by the police. So, at least 6 years to get to this stage shows that a lot of work has gone into this case. The prosecuting team will have seen what happened next door in France and no doubt noted the debacle of the ‘missing’ evidence. You can be sure that they are very serious about nailing the cult.

Although this hasn’t generated a huge amount of press so far, it is a really big deal.

Brussels is one of the homes of the European Parliament and for this reason was chosen by The Cult for the location of a very luxurious new org in 2010. The purpose of this org was not to deliver services to the huge numbers of Belgium Scientologists (hah!) but solely as a showcase for EU politicians and associated flunkies. Miscavige wanted to raise the profile of Scientology in Europe and push for ‘religious recognition’ across Europe and then use this as leverage against other countries.

I know this because this was made very clear when public Scientologists were briefed about plans for this org back around 2007. And predictably, the IAS reges were using this as button to raise money (surprise, surprise).

So, if The Cult gets put on trial it will be very embarrassing for them and cause shock waves across the whole of Europe. Hopefully it will prompt other countries to look very closely into the fraudulent activities of The Cult, especially who runs the whole operation.

Can you imagine Miscavige flying into the UK in his private jet with his entourage of brown-nosers and as he clears customs control a couple of burly coppers slap a pair of handcuffs on him and one says, “’Ello me old china. You an’ me are going for a little ride.”? :)

Axiom142

Mojo

Presently their are approx. 152 million practicing Scientologists in the United States. The expansion is straight up and vertical. Command Intention. The nation is almost 100% cleared. We still have a few stubborn wog spots in wyoming and north carolina but they are collapsing due to their crimes.

Mojo

Terril park

Sponsor

Mark Plummer aka Warrior compiled stats in I believe the 90's.
Or thereabouts.

He has 250,000 approx who were trained and processed. He was the one
who was involved in posting promo to them or collating addresses.

This was worldwide.