What's new

NEW! Have You Told All? Inside My Time with Narconon and Scientology, by Lucas Catton

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
New book! Have You Told All?: Inside My Time with Narconon and Scientology, by Lucas Catton

http://www.amazon.com/Have-You-Told-All-Scientology/dp/0615768725/

Have You Told All?: Inside My Time with Narconon and Scientology
[Paperback]

Lucas A. Catton (Author)

Price:$14.95 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Book Description Publication Date: February 13, 2013

Lucas Catton was a Scientologist for 12 years and contributed to many Scientology-related activities. He was introduced to the organization primarily through its rehabilitation program Narconon, and worked with them for over ten years in various capacities, including as President of their flagship facility in Oklahoma called Narconon Arrowhead. He sits in a unique position of having arguably more knowledge than anyone else who has publicly addressed the inner workings of the Narconon network and its connection to Scientology in the 21st century. He decided to speak out publicly following a series of deaths tied to Narconon in hopes to shed more light on its operations as well as to stop the harmful practices of the church of Scientology.

Product Details

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Re: NEW! Have You Told All? Inside My Time with Narconon and Scientology, by Lucas Ca

I am reading it right now!

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: NEW! Have You Told All? Inside My Time with Narconon and Scientology, by Lucas Ca

There are so many expose books coming out of late that the entire thing is getting a bit passe. Nothing is really exciting anymore except for the anticipated announcement of the cult folding up in Clearwater and/or the big int base CoolAide party. Scientology ... stick a fork in it, it's done. Time to disband, sell off assets, loose the Xenu story, rebrand, and start pitching cult lite.

Pete

CoolHand

Patron with Honors

I agree it's on its way out. However, I think there are a lot of details to the Narconon story since 2000 that aren't publicly known, which is part of the focus of the book, especially when there are the recent multiple deaths and trials going on as we speak. Executive Directors like Mary Rieser (who stepped down) and Gary Smith can be called out on their lies. Clark Carr and Phil Hart at Narconon Int need to be held accountable.

Granted, it's really only my involvement, but there are a lot of people who assume things or only know bits and pieces but don't really get the facts and details, and when Narconon centers here in the U.S. are still generating a total of close to a million dollars per week in revenue, I think it's a void that needed to be filled to keep the walls crumbling - at least I hope so.

I'd love to hear Mary's take on it when she's finished!

Thanks,

Luke

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors

There are so many expose books coming out of late that the entire thing is getting a bit passe. Nothing is really exciting anymore except for the anticipated announcement of the cult folding up in Clearwater and/or the big int base CoolAide party. Scientology ... stick a fork in it, it's done. Time to disband, sell off assets, loose the Xenu story, rebrand, and start pitching cult lite.

Pete

I disagree. The blasé attitude you possess is exactly what they are counting on to survive the shit storm. Their umbrella and shit coat are still keeping them all warm and fuzzy despite all the attention. More is what is needed. More!

Good job to you Luke!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree it's on its way out. However, I think there are a lot of details to the Narconon story since 2000 that aren't publicly known, which is part of the focus of the book, especially when there are the recent multiple deaths and trials going on as we speak. Executive Directors like Mary Rieser (who stepped down) and Gary Smith can be called out on their lies. Clark Carr and Phil Hart at Narconon Int need to be held accountable.

Granted, it's really only my involvement, but there are a lot of people who assume things or only know bits and pieces but don't really get the facts and details, and when Narconon centers here in the U.S. are still generating a total of close to a million dollars per week in revenue, I think it's a void that needed to be filled to keep the walls crumbling - at least I hope so.

Thanks,

Luke

I am going to contribute to YOUR motion Luke and I will buy your book. I finished "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright. I read "Inside Scientology" by Janet Reitman last year...3 times!! I just bought Jenna Miscavige Hill's book and am reading it right now. I can't wait to read yours Luke - and thank you for having the courage to speak out and reveal the truth about scientology and it's front groups!!

2013 is our year es pees...down with the cult of scientology1! I hvae met some of the most powerful es pees in this galaxy at exsmb!!

definition of es pee: someone who knows the truth and is not afraid to expose it!! dervied from latin - "someone who knows!"

CoolHand

Patron with Honors

I am going to contribute to YOUR motion Luke and I will buy your book. I finished "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright. I read "Inside Scientology" by Janet Reitman last year...3 times!! I just bought Jenna Miscavige Hill's book and am reading it right now. I can't wait to read yours Luke - and thank you for having the courage to speak out and reveal the truth about scientology and it's front groups!!

2013 is our year es pees...down with the cult of scientology1! I hvae met some of the most powerful es pees in this galaxy at exsmb!!

definition of es pee: someone who knows the truth and is not afraid to expose it!! dervied from latin - "someone who knows!"

Thank you! I firmly believe this presents damning details about Narconon's operations at the Int level and Arrowhead. It's an extremely personal story as well, but the intricacies of the IAS cash cow a.k.a. Narconon Arrowhead are important, IMHO.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors

Pete

They've got pots of money and feeder front-groups up the wazoo. I'm not sure there's any motivation at all to change, just new markets to exploit if the old ones in the U.S. are drained or damaged by adverse publicity.

It's like trying to pick up a piece of mercury - it just slips out from under your finger and scoots elsewhere.

It's only that they're getting outed more and more, but do you see any concerted government action in the U.S. to shut them down? And they're expanding to populations with perhaps even fewer government protections, like Asia and Africa. My only hope is that if scientologists are found guilty of abuses there that the legal system will be much tougher on the culprits.

But even if that turns out to be true, it still won't touch Miscavige. And if it did, and somehow he's ousted, do you really think his replacement will be better? Maybe a bit. There's too much money in this for it to sink now.

Cult-lite - maybe some day. But not while Dave thinks he can imprison and bleed people, literally and figuratively. If anything, he'll just get nastier as he feels more threatened.

Pete

pete...

they got $$$$$

but SOMETHING should be happening soon

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

I disagree. The blasé attitude you possess is exactly what they are counting on to survive the shit storm. Their umbrella and shit coat are still keeping them all warm and fuzzy despite all the attention. More is what is needed. More!

As far as the general public goes, you are definitely right. More attention on these b'tards, more light on the subject is definitely better. And yes, it is remarkable how they are managing to survive inspite of all that, at least so far. But on a personal level, for me anyways, it is getting to be a bit boring and about the only thing left that I would find truely exciting would be to see the grand finale of their collapse, with perhaps a Mardi Gras like celebration in Clearwater, perhaps even with a fireworks display at night. Best would be an annual celebration of the day that the cult left Clearwater.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

They've got pots of money and feeder front-groups up the wazoo. I'm not sure there's any motivation at all to change, just new markets to exploit if the old ones in the U.S. are drained or damaged by adverse publicity.

It's like trying to pick up a piece of mercury - it just slips out from under your finger and scoots elsewhere.

It's only that they're getting outed more and more, but do you see any concerted government action in the U.S. to shut them down? And they're expanding to populations with perhaps even fewer government protections, like Asia and Africa. My only hope is that if scientologists are found guilty of abuses there that the legal system will be much tougher on the culprits.

But even if that turns out to be true, it still won't touch Miscavige. And if it did, and somehow he's ousted, do you really think his replacement will be better? Maybe a bit. There's too much money in this for it to sink now.

Cult-lite - maybe some day. But not while Dave thinks he can imprison and bleed people, literally and figuratively. If anything, he'll just get nastier as he feels more threatened.

The central mystery question regarding the Cof$ is, for me, whether or not they have been co-opted by an intel agency involvement, as per the Wollersheim hypothesis. One thing is certain ... if the cult wasn't on any intel agency radar screen prior to 1977, the year of the FBI raid over operation Snow White ... they would have been afterwards. It was the largest penetration of various US govt. agencies EVER, and it was done not by some foreign intel agency, but rather by a group of dedicated amateurs on a relatively tight budget ... that is, the Guardian's Office of the Cof$. Their operation was actually brilliant, except for a blatant phuggup regarding damage control. They had an agent who took a relatively minor bust that they left twisting in the wind. At the time, it was relatively easy to obtain alternate ID via the infant identity route. The agent should have had a completely good to go alternate ID setup complete with all manner of bona fides, etc. The entire job could have been done on a totally deluxe basis for, say, $30k and their problem would have disappeared. Alternatively, if the guy was too much of a security risk, at the time $30k would have purchased a totally professional hit made to look like, say, a traffic accident. But no, they left this poor b'tard twisting in the wind, with not much of a choice except to make a deal with the FBI, which lead to the raid.

As per the Wollersheim hypothesis ... the intel agencies such as the CIA would have taken notice of the GO operation because of the nature of the motivation. Usually, agents are recruited via the acronym MICE, as in money, ideology, compromise, and/or ego. Money is the least trustworthy motivation because the other side can always out bid if an agent is motivated by money. Ideology is considered the highest motivation. Next comes compromise, as in gambling debts or photos of the agent in bed with, say, a cocker spaniel doing interesting things, or ego, as in getting back at whomever the agent is spying on. Ideology is best of all the motivations, usually ... except here in the GO there were agents that were attempting to SAVE THE PLANET who were dedicated to a RELIGION. As a motivation, that would trump just about anything else. Therefore, rather than disband the Cof$ as being a threat, the logical thing to do would be to co-opt the Cof$ as an intel ASSET. The hypothesis is that DM is where he is because he cut a deal or deals. The CIA and/or other intel agencies don't care how he rips people off nor do they care about his lifestyle or any of this other abuses as long as they covertly control OSA and are allowed to comb thru confessional and ethics folders for intel as well.

Hopefully, when the Cof$ collapses, EVERYTHING will be brought to light.

Pete

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors

As far as the general public goes, you are definitely right. More attention on these b'tards, more light on the subject is definitely better. And yes, it is remarkable how they are managing to survive inspite of all that, at least so far. But on a personal level, for me anyways, it is getting to be a bit boring and about the only thing left that I would find truely exciting would be to see the grand finale of their collapse, with perhaps a Mardi Gras like celebration in Clearwater, perhaps even with a fireworks display at night. Best would be an annual celebration of the day that the cult left Clearwater.

Pete

I'll fly in for that celebration. The Grand Foreclosure of the Idle Morgue, a day that will live in infamy.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

The only 'blase' attitude I percieve is from bored critics/Anons, ain't many of them either, and the un-informed public/media. More and more people are choosing cult mockery everyday, because its a good cardio/breathing exercise. Scientology is one of the, if not THE, most watchable and entertaining trainwrecks ever!
Can't. Look. Away!
There are more books out, more to come. Each is their own story/view/adventure, none are the same despite the inner core of Hubbard's hydra remaining semi-static, the stage remaining somewhat the same.
Common to see 'Ya, I heard it all before.' but, really? Well good for you now go away, I haven't heard it all yet.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Thanks,

Luke
Luke, will there be a Kindle edition? In my experience, that is very important.

Information regarding your book has been cross-posted to WWP:
https://whyweprotest.net/community/...conon-and-scientology-by-lucas-catton.109076/
(I see people on WWP are also asking for a Kindle edition.)

Also, information regarding your book has been cross-posted to the Facebook group Scientology Invasion of the Black Community:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/339486949466120/permalink/420420011372813/

CoolHand

Patron with Honors

Yes, the Kindle version will be available any day.

Sindy

Crusader

Thank you! I firmly believe this presents damning details about Narconon's operations at the Int level and Arrowhead. It's an extremely personal story as well, but the intricacies of the IAS cash cow a.k.a. Narconon Arrowhead are important, IMHO.

It's absolutely important! I will buy it for sure. I am actually more interested in this information than yet another story about the C of S specifically though I am reading those as well. I am sure your insider perspective is fascinating.

If you think about it, how Scientology treats those in its front groups (the world it is supposed to be helping and offering succor too :melodramatic:) is like looking at the condition of a person's skin. The outward appearance of an ill person's skin is a very good indicator of the diseased state inside the body.

Scientology is diseased. It cannot help anyone. The front groups are a ruse.

I can't keep up with all the new books and media interviews...hurrah!!! :happydance: :thumbsup:

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron

New book! Have You Told All?: Inside My Time with Narconon and Scientology, by Lucas Catton

[*] Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #109,242 in Books

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #22,369 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

It's moving up rapidly. Count me in - I will order right now.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

Waiting for kindle version :waiting:

CoolHand

Patron with Honors

It's absolutely important! I will buy it for sure. I am actually more interested in this information than yet another story about the C of S specifically though I am reading those as well. I am sure your insider perspective is fascinating.

If you think about it, how Scientology treats those in its front groups (the world it is supposed to be helping and offering succor too :melodramatic:) is like looking at the condition of a person's skin. The outward appearance of an ill person's skin is a very good indicator of the diseased state inside the body.

Scientology is diseased. It cannot help anyone. The front groups are a ruse.

Thank you, Sindy. So true about the front groups, and Scientology certainly is diseased.